Iridrion: Worlds Merged

Comments

• @cadstar369
    Wait. Rune acts like a lever? That's my bad there, I thought Kaoz42 meant an actual lever.
  • @cadstar369 @FireOfGolden
    As you continue down the road, you have the odd feeling that something is watching you. As you strike camp for the night, a nearby bush seems to "sit down" near the bonfire. The fire crackles loudly. What would you like to do about the odd bush?

• Nonplussed, the cursemonger will poke the bush.
  • @FireOfGolden @cadstar369
    The bush jumps. "Uuuurrrggggwaaaiiieeee!!" Then says "Hey, c'mon no poking without provocation!" "Anyway, I know the way to get into that abyss of a hole, but you'd better cut out the poking if you want me to help!" What would you like to do now?
  • Heju looked at the bush in amazed. "Did just it spoke? If so, when you die someday, do you mind if I take a look at your body?" Heju ask the bush. "It's very interesting when a plant entity could talk as we don't have these back in my world."
  • edited December 2023
    The cursemonger shrugs. "Barging in on a stranger's campfire seems like provocation enough, no? What happens going forward is mostly up to you at the moment."

The cursemonger suspects the stranger's offer is a trap, given the sketchy sequence of events.
  • edited December 2023
    @cadstar369 @FireOfGolden
    The bush grumbles "Humph." Then says "You'll regret it." Before shambling away, seeming to crackle with electric blue energy. What would you like to now?
  • edited December 2023
    No reason to regret what was fated to not be. I guess we move on from that impersonable encounter and with our journey. ??‍♂️
  • "Such a shame. I always want to see what's inside the talking plant. Oh well, let's move on. Shall we?" Heju said.
    As you sleep, then wake up and continue down the road everything seems to be going as normal and you reach the village of Harlamdes and find an inn. You don't have any coin, so you sleep on the floor of the inn's tavern covered in rugged blankets. However, before either of you can fall asleep, all the glasses and cups and mugs start to dance around and smash themselves into sleeping villagers' throats, waking them up but preventing them from responding as their windpipes were unable to access air for an unsafe amount of time, leaving them stunned. What would you like to do about this? Or just continue trying to sleep?
  • Heju will summon two Corpse Walkers before falling sleep. Heju will love to study the dead bodies in morning whenever these been killed by the inanimated objects.
  • The cursemonger will watch for an hour or so, curious as to whether this is some form of curse. He might experiment with one of the stunned villagers if it seems like he can begin to grasp the source of the commotion, but otherwise, barring any new developments, he will return to attempting to sleep as well.
    As the cursemonger experiments with a villager, he does notice a faint purple- greenish glow surrounding the cups and mugs and glasses as they stun more villagers. "Hnnnngggrrrr." a villager mumbles, then tries to get up, stumbles and gets under the covers of his blanket for protection. What would you like to do now? (Mainly to the cursemonger, as Heju is already sleeping and already the shards of six mugs were broken by the corpse walkers. Or maybe Heju wants to wake up.)
  • Heju is sleeping peacefully.
  • Mildly curious, the cursemonger will attempt to trace the source of the purple-green energy.
  • edited December 2023
    @cadstar369 @FireOfGolden
    The cursemonger finally notices this on the mugs and cups and glasses:

You can get rid of curses by damaging them, but it has to be from enemy colors. Or you could try disenchanting them with your storm tokens, since you are both allied with red and blue. Either way, the curse has 2 HP, but the mugs might try to stop you, so you might need to hold them down. Both of you have slept, and the mugs are still attacking people. And yes, Heju sees two dead bodies. What would you like to do now?
  • By "damage must be from enemy colors," do you mean something along the lines of "prevent all damage that would be dealt to this Curse by sources whose colors don't contain at least one enemy color of at least one of this permanent's colors?" If so, the cursemonger will attempt to use Curseblight to subdue the curse in one go, since red is an enemy color of blue. If not, the Curse of Animation is immune to damage since it's enemy-colored, and therefore has no enemy colors.
  • @kaoz42
    Meanwhile Heju will dissect two dead bodies to see whenever these can be used to strengthen Corspe Walker, Misfortuned Stickman, or create a new zombie under Heju's control.

@cadstar369
    "Oh come on, Autumn. Just leave it, it's not our job to save this village. We aren't paid, that is." Heju complained toward Autumn as Autumn is trying to save the village. "We can just loot the ghost village by the curse done by someone." He added.
  • The cursemonger snorts. "I'm not exactly trying to. Investigating and dismantling curses is merely the main method of practicing my arts. Regardless, there will probably be at least another handful of casualties even if I manage to break this curse."
  • @cadstar369
    "Oh, that is so? Then I won't get in your way. You practice your art on that while I practice my art on the dead body." Heju nodded in acknowledge.
    Ugh, I just needed a break from participating in 2-3 active discussions almost every day. I'm back, and I plan to continue this campaign. Anyway:
    The idea of curses against curses seems to work, but unfortunately, half the cups and mugs got smashed while they were being held down by the corpse walkers because it's a smart curse that tries to avoid destruction and escape from spells that would do so. Heju studies the dead bodies and unlocks a new idea of zombies: Zombies with their bones grafted out and sharpened to be used as weapons. The cursemonger was able to further his curse abilities by studying the curse.
    You both got some XP, Heju is now aware of the new type of zombie above, called Bone Ghouls, which is just for flavor, unless Heju wants to actually try and make one. The cursemonger now has access to limited winter curse knowledge, also just for flavor. What would you like to do now?
  • @kaoz42
    Heju will attempt to create a Bone Ghoul.
  • The cursemonger will ask around about the knight we encountered before while Heju works on the Bone Ghoul.
    And so, while Heju attempts to create a Bone Ghoul, using the poor villager's dead body, the cursemonger investigates about the knight and digs up that the knight is a demigod capable of fire, water, earth, and light magic who's main goal is to wipe twisted creatures like beholders and illithids off the face of the earth. No one seems to know his true name, so they refer to him as "the Ancient Crusader." The villagers are grateful for the removal of the curse and gift the party 10 gold to share equally. Heju manages to get a half-Bone Ghoul, a 2/2 Zombie with first strike. What would you like to do now?
  • Welp, nothing really left to do but move on. ??‍♂️
  • Heju will move on.
    As you move on, a large cat jumps out and attacks you.
    Random encounter! Defend yourselves against:

You could also try to tame it, intimidate it, or do otherwise. Regardless, it surprised you both and hit Heju for 3. Your turn.
  • The cursemonger will ping the cat for 1 with his activated ability.
  • @kaoz42
    Heju will attempt to scavenge the cat's corpse for any possible materials to strengthen Half Skeleton Ghoul. If it is not dead, then he will summon one Corpse Walker attacking toward Wild Smilodon.

Why am I getting a Skyrim vibe here?
    Being just a normal cat, it dies. Heju finds the saber-like teeth to be good installments to improve the Ghoul's offense. Then you both continue on, eventually arriving at an unusual crossroads. Four signs point in each direction, and glowing words hover above each sign: "Choose wisely, for when a path is chosen, it cannot be undone." Vote on what to do:
    • A: Go North. (Crossed swords symbol hovers above road.)
    • B: Go East. (Inside out peace symbol hovers above road.)
    • C: Go South. (Staff of vines symbol hovers above road.)
    • D : Go West. (Spiked crown surmounted with a skull symbol hovers above road.)
    • E: Something else...