Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    @Djayhero
    You may have just misunderstood (no problem if so), you must leave a fave or comment on the card immediately preceding your own card comment--in your case, the Gatekeepers.
  • edited June 2018
    Ya my page messed up and loaded the wrong card lol @Faiths_Guide
    Fixed it now
  • Okay :D everything is good! :P
  • Alright, next up Shambling Husk by @Djayhero

Leave a fave or comment on its card page and post your own!
  • edited June 2018
    I love the new Arcades, so I decided to give him a bit of a makeover as a planeswalker like Nicol Bolas and Ugin (his younger brothers). Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

i also made all the other elder dragons into planeswalkers as well. please see below:

image image image

as always, feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome! :D thanks and hope you enjoy
  • @zephyr6066
    Sorry, one at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------

Alright, next up Shambling Husk by @Djayhero

Leave a fave or comment on its card page and post your own!
  • @Djayhero: last strike looks very odd on a black bordered card. Unless this was specifically meant to be an un-card, I'd avoid it. A 2 drop 1/2 deathtouch is hardly the most powerful thing in the world and it doesn't need the last strike to nerf it. Since it's an Eldrazi, I would also change the expansion symbol from Kaladesh to BFZ or OGW so that it blends in better (unless there's a specific reason for it being Kaladesh, like an alternative timeline story). Also, devoid needs to appear above deathtouch. You should also use the colorless mana symbol rather than the symbol for one generic mana. There are also some additional issues of punctuation (many letters are not capitalised). The final iteration of the card (punctuation errors only) should look like this:

Shambling Husk

Devoid (This card has no colour.)

Deathtouch, last strike

When Shambling Husk dies create a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add {c} to your mana pool."

In spite of all these issues, it is still a solid uncommon that I wouldn't mind drafting as it chumps well and provides added value when it chumps. Well done!

Here's mine:

Thoughts? This was intended to be a 1 drop aggressive wizard to boost the wizard tribal deck that is sort of tier 2.5 right now in Standard. My concern is the power level: this can't be Pushed, Shocked, Striked, etc. It is soft to enchantment removal and Chainwhirler, though, and it can't always be played on turn 1. All opinions welcome.
  • @KalemMekhar I commented on your card.
    Thoughts?
  • I dont like that its legendary with such a general name, but it is an awesome card@TigerFang8

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pressure-points
  • @Djayhero commented on your card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gust-elemental
    Help on wording please?
  • @shadow123
    Super wordy and the effect does the same thing whether the played land is an island or not. The wording is right, but it is super wordy for a pretty slow, not very powerful effect.
  • edited July 2018
    @shadow123
    I'd probably just do this:

Flying

Landfall - Whenever you play a land card, put a storm counter on Gust Elemental.

Remove three storm counters from Gust Elemental: Return target creature to its owner's hand.

Thoughts?
  • edited July 2018
    My mistake.
  • edited July 2018
    [Interjection]

@Phelgming
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. In your case, this means that you need to go to mine: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wyqe-spiritss-haunt

[I also left feedback, and a fave, on your card!]

Sorry for the interrupt (I know those are outdated).

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Clutch of the Blind Eternities by @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

[ Leave a fave or comment on TheCenterOfTheUniverse's card and then post one of your own! ]

• edited July 2018
    @Faiths_Guide My mistake. I was not aware and that's something I could have easily made myself aware of. I got overly excited.

As for your card, first, can you not just put X in the loyalty counter display? I don't actually know. I haven't made enough planeswalker cards. If you can, since X is determined by an additional cost, I believe the rules would allow you make his starting loyalty X.

That said, it seems much too powerful. While you do have to sacrifice at least one creature to have this stick, you still get something else for doing so (that being the 1/1 token). You can basically just sac something like a Thraben Inspector and be good to go with a powerful Planeswalker with little to no downside since the token you get might as well be better. The +1 is pretty amazing and something you might not even find until you get to four mana planeswalkers. That you also gain life and can later draw cards off this (even if you don't have any spirits to sac since there isn't an "if you do" clause in the second ability) seems pretty broken to me. Both abilities are just too good for what you're giving up which, again, might as well be nothing. Bear in mind that Thoughtseize was banned for a long time and this could be significantly better.

As an aside (and this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your card in particular) I'm going to touch on the one-mana-walker contest going on right now. I think it's producing a lot of somewhat misguided concepts of trying to push such walkers. Rather than pushing power level with strange, off-design gimmicks (making a one-mana-walker is a gimmick in and of itself; no need to add more gimmicks to it), I think they should focus on very small, repeatable abilities. Planeswalkers are all about incremental value and that can still be true even at lower mana costs. You just have to get small enough. heck, maybe I'll make my own to prove a point.

@TheCenterOfTheUniverse I like the concept a lot, but I also think it's far too strong of a card for two mana. It does cost you a creature, limits you to your own creatures, takes a full turn to do anything, and also creates a more easily removeable copy, but that you get a copy every turn is incredibly good and can win games very quickly. That it's also an enchantment unlike something like Progenitor Mimic makes it more difficult to deal with (enchantment removal just isn't commonly played and most board wipes will ignore it). I'd up the cost to four mana and I think that's enough of a change to get it to where it needs to be. Unfortunately, I think that's the bare minimum you'd have to pay for a card like this (almost regardless of accompanying drawbacks).
  • edited July 2018
    @shadow123
    Commented on Ervin!

Legendary now.
  • @Bobman111
    It's an interesting concept, and I'm always all for alternate win the game conditions. However, perhaps it should exclude drawing cards during the draw step, as to avoid Howling Mine shenanigans.

• @Lujikul
    Commented on your card.

Thoughts?
  • Hello good sir and ma'am. :)

• @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. In your case, this means that you need to go to @Bobman111's: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/szenia-of-the-dark-tides

Sorry for the interrupt (I know those are outdated).

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Szenia of the Dark Tides by @Bobman111

[ Leave a fave or comment on Bobman111's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • edited July 2018
    @Bobman111

Lemme correct your card:

Szenia, of Dark Tides

{2}{u}{b}

Legendary Creature - Merfolk Assassin (Rare)

Deathtouch

Whenever another creature you
    don't control enters the battlefield or attacks, it's owner may pay {2}. If they don't, that creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is equal to Szenia's power.

Commentary:

That card should be fine as a merfolk. And by the way sirens in MtG universe are bird like creatures. That also can fly.

And that's all, I guess.
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you, @Fallen_Lord_Vulaganos!

Lets get this thread started up again:

[Keep In Mind]
    This is a somewhat unique discussion page (below is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback. Make sure you are only posting cards created on this site so everyone can visit the card page!
  • edited July 2018
    Hello @Faiths_Guide, been a while since I've been on here.

Anyways, I like your card as the second ability is very amusing. Although, I'd recommend toning it down to 3 CMC so it is more playable in niche circumstances.

I made a card today that hopefully is a very unique planeswalker and I'd like your feedback on it, whether it's here or on it's own thread.

[To cache a card] (Exile it face down. You may look at it at any time. You may draw from your cache instead of from your library.)