Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Sure I don't see why not.
  • @JonteMan93, @TheEnderDragon

Here's an idea of what happened:

Thedure and Demetrius finally made it to Rivermouth, the closest village, only to see it in ruins. Dead bodies were strewn across the path, while survivors panted as the moment of action was over. Priests moved about, healing the injured and gathering the dead. Yet the atmosphere felt... off. Demetrius wondered if the battle wasn't truly over, but he had to ask the villagers in order to know. When he and Thedure walked towards the nearest villagers, they raised their spears in alarm, but it was undeniable that the villagers were too fatigued to fight the planeswalkers. The villagers were relieved when they realized this mysterious pair had no intention of harming them. After a bit of discussing, Thedure and Demetrius decided to travel in the direction the villagers pointed. They learned that Rivermouth was attacked by a necromancer with his endless hordes of undead, and that the town's bishop, Mavin, fled once he realized the necromancer wanted him. He ran along with another person into the bog, hoping to drive off the necromancer.

Due to the urgency of the situation, Demetrius flew at full speed, leaving Thedure in the dust. There was no time to spare. Eventually, he found Mavin fighting the necromancer head on, with no other living thing to be seen. Even though the bishop of Rivermouth put up the good fight, it was clear who would be victorious. Without a second thought, Demetrius called upon the wind and knocked the air out the necromancer, before blowing him away out of the bog.

Mavin was grateful for the rescue, yet he sensed that Demetrius wanted more. There was no point in fighting the aven; it would end in my failure to protect my village, he thought. However, Mavin was astonished at what Demetrius asked for. Not power, not control, but help. He wanted guidance and protection all the way to the ominous tower in the center of the world. Mavin had no clue where the tower was located, but he could be protect this stranger, through and through. The village could survive several months while he was gone, since their biggest threat was recently defeated. It seemed the best course of action. If only they could a find a guide.

New ally:

Old card, follower of Mavin:

Spell slots left:

Common: 2
    Uncommon: 1
    Rare: 1

Hey @TheEnderDragon! I suggest you make an ally that acted as Demetrius' and Thedure's guide, since now they have their bodyguard.

Also, the story takes a little bit of a different turn from what you gave us @JonteMan93. Hopefully that's okay with you.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 The story I give in the challenges are only meant to give you guys the idea of what is going on.
    If you want to make minor or even major changes that is up to you.
    I would even encourage it so it makes more sense for your respectively planeswalker.
  • Since we got a new color can we change our planeswalker card or no?
  • @BorosPaladin You can change planeswalker card whenever you want.
    Just let keep the mana cost to a maximum of spells max cost plus 1. (so 5 for 2-colored planeswalkers and 6 for the mono-colored ones as right now)
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman I thought it was 4 max cmc for multicolored and 5 max cmc for mono colored

Edit: Never mind you’re talking about planeswalkers, not spell slots.
  • edited September 2018
    @MonkeyPirate2002 yeah exactly, sorry for the confusion.
  • I'm done with this competition. @MonkeyPirate2002, you can keep Thedure as part of the lore.
  • @TheEnderDragon Would you like to elaborate why you are done?
    Is it something wrong or something you don't like with this journey or do you just don't have time to spend on it?
  • I don't feel like continuing.
  • edited September 2018
    @TheEnderDragon, @JonteMan93, Demetrius has promoted to being a better planeswalker. You could say his new name has two meanings; one being that he is the sole survivor of the Isles (maybe), another being that he lost a major ally in this journey of sorts.

Disport is a custom mechanic made by yours truly that allows planeswalkers to activate abilities with it once at any time not only during your turn, but also on each other players' turns as well.

• edited September 2018
    oof. Sorry man.

Thedure is still there, he's just an NPC of sorts.
  • edited September 2018
    @TheEnderDragon

It was too late. Demetrius could not save him. Thedure's eyes had already glossed over with NPCitis, showing off its final stage. If he had noticed it sooner, Demetrius could've done something to help. Alas, Thedure is no longer a sentient being, yet rather as a husk of his former self. We all shall now grieve for his parting.

P.S.: It's the Eldrazi's fault. It's always the Eldrazi's fault (I'll get you Zaha( @ZAHADOOM )!)
  • NOOOOO!. It's Nicol Bolas!
  • hahahahahahahaha
  • See. I would have participated a long time ago when I actual entered this but it was taking to long to start so I just forgot about it
  • edited September 2018
    Planning - Visions

'Just as I thought. I can't leave this wretched world no matter what. This world is effectively my prison.' The armorbound spirit sighed as he was magically bounced back right to his previous position in the treehouse-hideout instead of went straight in the Blind Eternities.

'There was also this delay... and my minions should be reached the city yet... hmm... good that I still can sense them. At least the endeavor didn't cause any loss.'

He then just went through the balcony towards the forest below, but instead of leaving marks on the ground, he just slowly levitated himself above the forest canopy towards the empty city instead.

Earlier at the conflict...

The sounds and sights of moaning hordes of undead were palpable in a forest hideout of a necromancer who was performing a sort of dark ritual along with a dozen people clad in messy grey robes.

But currently the necromancer was also fighting a losing battle against a winged female entity clad in a shining silver armor along with a gleaming sword and a shield in both of her hands.

The angel was hacking and slashing relentlessly at the dwindling hordes of undead, along while yelling "For justice!" or "Die vile abominations!" or something along those lines.

As the angel was getting near, the necromancer along with her cultists broke away the ritual and went running towards the armored planeswalker's position.

"Y-you... I know you! You're the one that caused that mana outburst! I know I could feel it, and you've already observed our activities, right..." The female necromancer suddenly fell onto her knees. Her pale and sickly face was shrouded by her long greyed hair as she clawed and punched the grounds with her armored gauntlet in her desperation.

"Master, what should we do now?" One of the cultist asked calmly despite the direness of their situation.

"I... "

"I can help you." Finally the armored entity spoke in an ominous voice.

The desperate necromancer looked at him.

"What do you want in return?"

"I could ask for your service, but now just gather some more followers and replenish your strength instead. Just take my hand and the pact should be complete."

"... I really have no other choice, do I?"

"Either this or the angel's blade, the choice is yours."

"...Deal." The necromancer shook the armored hand and she simply just passed out.

"Master!" Shouted a cultist as he cradled the downed necromancer.

"She'll be fine. I just marked her soul with my special brand of magic so I can look at her again."

But then the flapping dove wings of righteousness came.

"Another foul presence? This will be a good day to hunt down the wicked. Now prepare to face justice. Hyaaa!" The angel rushed towards the armored being with her sword thrusted.

But the armored being just deflected the strike with the back of his gauntlet. And she just went sprawling against a large tree, her sword was lost somewhere in the bushes. The impact was so great that it destroyed the tree and left the armored angel dazed for a good moment.

"You, come here and be a good sacrificial object." Commanded the armored being towards a still standing cultist.

"As you command, my lord."

'Hmm, too easy. Are they being under an enchantment? Doesn't matter right now.'

The armorbound spirit did the quick work by absorbing the soul of the poor cultist towards him, and the said person just simply fell to the ground.

'This should be enough to fuel the summoning spell.'

"O, mighty dark being of the Underworld, Destroyer of the Divine,..." As the armorbound spirit chanted the spell in a beckoning position, a vortex of smoky dark substances were suddenly materialized in front of him.

And in a moment, a dark, horned, and muscular being with a pair of mighty bat wings appeared in front of him.

"Who summoned me?"

"I am."

"Ah, a planeswalker. I see." The demon flapped his wings and bowed in a manner of a butler.

"So, what is your command, my lord?" He said with a smirk and very much of emphasization.

"Just destroy that angel over there."

"I see. A soul for another soul then. As you wish."

Then with an impossible speed, the winged demon just appeared in front of the dazed angel.

And he just simply thrusted his clawed hand through the angel's armor, ribcage, and her flesh. Effectively skewering her.

The angel couldn't even emit a wailing scream, just a shocked expression.

Not enough by just that, the demon kicked the angel down to the ground and tore away both of her wings, leaving the wingless angel to helplessly crawling while also vomitting angelic blood through her mouth and her nostrils.

"Tch, how pitiful." Sneered the winged demon.

He simply turned back towards his armored summoner while holding his slowly dispersing trophies and leaving behind the slowly dispersing body of the dying angel.

The one cultist who was holding the unconscious necromancer could just gulped at the sight of the display of that demon's actions.

"And with this, my duty is complete. Unless you want me to kill another thing too. You know the price, my lord." He just bowed again towards his summoner in a sort of mocking manner.

"No. Your service here is done. Now begone."

"Oh really? We shall see about it then, hehahahahahaha...." A vortex of dark smoke suddenly engulfed the winged demon, and in a moment, he just vanished along with the dark substances.

"You know you could just kill that angel directly, right?" Another person then came into view from the bushes. It was Darius the thief.

"Just a display of what I am capable of. Now where is Jag'dranoth?" Retorted the armorbound spirit.

"Watching." The thief pointed out towards a higher location among the trees. In the distance can be seen a glinting lens and the form of the wingless demon who was currently sitting and waving on a branch of a fairly large tree.

Then the armorbound spirit turned back to the leader of the cult.

"Go now. And I shall see you all in a few days. For now just prepare yourselves."

The cultist leader just nodded and stood up while was also carrying away the downed necromancer in a bridal style. And the group of cultists just silently followed him towards their other hideout.

Darius just folded his hands.

"Whew, that was pretty intense, right?" Commented the thief with a goofy smile.

"Let us go now. I've already obtained something from that necromancer." The armorbound spirit just ignored the thief instead.

"Hey, where do we go now?"

-|| -
  • edited September 2018
    (Ignore this post, just reposting due to the broken link.)

@Jonteman83 Here's the new link of my card.

(Ignore this post, just reposting due to the broken link.)
  • @TheEnderDragon Oh ok. I'll wish you good luck with whatever you choose to spend the time on and if your interest would turn up again while you are still in the journey, you are very much welcome back.

@WickedShadow196 I'm sorry that it took so long for the journey to begin.
  • edited September 2018
    He Who AwakensCalculated Blast

(Added new card)

Info for myself:
    Color Identity: UR
    Common: 1
    Uncommon: 2
    Rare: 1
    Mythic: 0
    Legendary: 0
    Max CMC: 4
  • @Jonteman93 Wait, you said we could change our planeswalkers at any time? Not as part of a challenge? If we do change our planeswalkers, are all previous versions we made discarded? How does this work?
  • edited September 2018
    Okay, I'm going option B.
    Max CMC 5.
    My current slots left are:
    3 Rare
    2 Uncommon
    1 Common
    My color(s) are:
    Red

This is mostly here for my own reference, since I decided to skip the last challenge and save up slots for future ones.
  • Your planeswalker card is only a symbol of yourself and your "spell book" and worth 0 points. Your planeswalker cards does not cost any slots or anything.
    New versions of your planeswalker cards are just put on top of your old versions so in a way the old ones are discarded, yes.
    It is always the newest version that is used when I declare an elimination.
    I hope this answer your question.
  • Okay, here are my entries for this weeks contest, using option B.
    Firstly, a more unique kill spell that requires you to have transforming creatures on the board with big backsides, but can potentially kill big threats for one mana or just burn out an opponent:
    Secondly is a spell that can help you dig for your threats and removal, sumon a threat of of your own, and possibly even do both:
    Finally, we have two classic burn effects stapled together in a sort of modal card that can kill small creatures for just one mana, and scale to bigger creatures:

My Max CMC:
    My current slots left are:
    3 Rare
    My color(s) are:
    Red
This discussion has been closed.