Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• @ShaperKyon These paths are only shortly temporary.
    all cards you submit are included in your "spell book" regardless if they are meant for challenges, too late for challenges, irrelevant for challenges or not meant for challenges.
    The only cards not included in the spell book are "story cards/flavor cards" and you planeswalker cards kind of. The planeswalker card can be seen as the cover for the book.
  • @JonteMan93

For challenge A:

I don't feel like writing a story, so I won't. All I'll say is that Demetrius uses the first spell to prevent enemies from reaching him and his ally, and he uses the second spell to knock the stronger enemies into his hurricane.

Spell slots left:
    Common: 3
    Uncommon: 1
    Rare: 1
  • The challenges are getting a little more complicated... ‘‘tis taxing on my sleep deprived, ADHD mind...
  • edited September 2018
    Involuntary RetreatMental Strike

Info for myself:
    Color Identity: UR
    Common: 1
    Uncommon: 3
    Rare: 1
    Mythic: 0
    Legendary: 0
    Max CMC: 5
  • @Ranshi922 These split challenges will be a maximum of 2 long. I could avoid them completely if they are not very popular.

You don't have to follow the challenges if you feel that they are too complicated.
    You should not feel that you are forced to participate in everything if it costs you your sleep and health.
    Take care of yourself first then if you have the energy and will you can spend some on this silly contest :)
  • @Jonteman93, you misunderstood, I am being taxed of hose things anyway! XD
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93
    Is it possible for us to see point totals and/or rankings so far? It’d be nice to know where I am among others.
  • @Arceus8523
    JonteMan93

Me too. It would be nice to have a scoreboard to determine whether or not we need to up our game.
  • Grim Revelation

The giant black beast swiped its giant and clawed paws towards the armored entity along while pouncing back and forth.

And all those attacks were promptly evaded due to the quick responses of that particular person.

It was no wonder that Septim Vulganos apparently had the grace and the agility of a vampire lord due to the planeswalker spark he was still possessing, just for how long.

Unless if he could absorb the luminous giant lotus that was firmly planted under that waterfall and use it as an insurance to reignite his soon-to-be lost spark of being an interplanar entity.

A sudden pain and revelation struck his soul like a torrent of waterfall and made him caught off guard for a moment. This time the pain seemed to be stronger than the previous grim revelations. And due to that, he fell to his armored knees and used his sword as a leaning.

'Three more has left this world, tch-.'

Smelling an opportunity, in a quick movement the giant beast pounced towards him, then it quickly snapped its giant mouth and shook the armored being before it suddenly tossed him away towards the trees.

Had he been still a human, he would be dead due to the attack and the impact that destroyed a tree in the process.

But Vulganos just shrugged the impact off and stood up. Then he raised his hand and his dropped cracked blade was materialized again in his right hand.

The black beast growled and prepared itself to pounce again.

'I believe there's no time left to play around.' The armored being positioned himself in a thrusting position, then in a blur of dark smoky substances, he slashed the still mid-flight black beast due to his superior speed.

It was more or less a dozen of slashing movements that were imbued with black mana in a time span of just a few seconds.

And the result was scattered large chunks of the body parts of that oversized black-furred beast.

Dozens of yellow eyes that were previously observing the fight from the dark parts of the forest were also slowly vanished.

"Such speed and power... but still my time is running short." He grimly thought as he dematerialized his accursed black sword.

"But the flower is mine at least. It is either this or nothing."

The armored entity slowly levitated himself towards the flower, and finally the dark ritual to absorb the Heart of the Wild into himself could begin.

-||-

"What in the gods... black-furred cats?" Commented the thief as he was sitting on the ground to take a rest after the fight that ensued before. On the ground around him were littered by dozens of corpses of adult human-sized black cats with slashing and stabbing wounds or even mashed heads. His Orbs of Warding were also still orbiting around him along with a bloodied survival knife gripped tightly in his right hand.

"Annoying beasts. I believe that the boss finally completed his current objective due to their retreat. You could probably be dead had the incursion not abruptly ended sooner. But since you had the contract with the boss, he would probably just revived you at some point later." Commented Jag'dranoth who was standing a few foot beside the sitting thief. His bloodied demonic sword was still tightly gripped in his right hand.

"Um, yeah, I don't believe that those cats were just hungry for our flesh anyway. Well, we killed at least a dozen of them, did we?" Added the thief.

"Really? I killed a dozen of them. You only took out two of them. And one of it was only by luck alone." Not even turned his head around, the demon just stabbed the ground with his sword and folded his arms in his annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah, jeez. Sorry about that. Anyway, I believe we should- wait, do you hear that?" The thief then stood up. His adrenalin and heartbeat rose again due to the sudden slowly thumping sounds that came out from the darkness of the woods.

The demon then picked up his sword again.

"We have to move, scale the cliff, now!"

In his turmoil, Darius just nodded and left his other belongings that could slow him and ran towards the cliff, followed close by his demonic companion.

Although he wasn't the best, climbing wasn't a foreign activity for Darius of course. In fact, since his childhood in an orphanage, climbing was common activities for him due to his work in the branch of stealing activities.

"I swear I hate this jungle..." Cursed the thief as he was hastily reaching for opening in the rocks while the demon just easily raced the thief due to his superior strength by punching the cliff to make climbable edges with his armored hands.

Moments passed and finally Darius almost made it towards the cliff's edge.

"Thanks." Said the thief as the already arrived demon stretched his hand to grab him.

"Being wingless is a wretched existence." Said the demon as he stood with his arms folded at the cliff's edge next to Darius, illuminated only by the pale moonlight and the starry sky above.

"That... I can relate to." Commented the thief along with his somewhat ragged breath.

"Brace yourself, it's coming."

"What?"

"Shhh...." The demon pointed at the forest that stretched towards the horizon below.

And both of them went into crouching position.

From the far distance, a silhouette of gigantic beast could be seen moving along the trees. Its shape was of a giant two-legged person, but it also had fur black as night covered its body except for its face.

Its somewhat glowing yellow orbs were also looking at the cliff's above, and it was moving towards both of the adventurers.

"What in the... its even higher than the trees!" Commented Darius in a hushed voice. Fear and anxiety were also palpable in his facade. "And I believe we should run now..."

"It seems that this wilderness is constanly trying to protect it. Or to be precise, someone who has the control over this land."

"Wha- boss?" Darius turned his head and saw the armored wraith stood behind him with unreadable expression as ever. It wasn't like he had a real body anyway.

"I need an answer after this. I need to go to that necromancer I took on my leash before." The armored being watched solemnly at the towering and slowly closing in black-furred beast that stood like a humanoid being at the forest far below.

"Uh, boss, I guess we should go now..." Darius gulped. "According to the map, there's a route to the north that is heading towards the sea. From there we could take away a boat from the nearby settlement to cross the sea, because I also see that there is a sort of village along that shore."

"Very well. It seems that the reinforcements are also coming too. No wonder that I took away their beloved possession. I'll be at that village as you both arrived there." The armored being then vanished in a swirling smoke of black mana.

Another humanoid black-furred beasts could be seen far in the forest below to be awake from their slumber.

Then another, and another... until there were a group of those beasts that were slowly lumbering towards the group's position.

"Welp, let's just go now." The thief then hurriedly walk away to the opposite direction of the lumbering beasts with a somewhat detailed map of the land and compass still in his possession, followed closely by his somehow silent demonic companion.

-||-
  • edited September 2018
    >>

Under the illumination of a full moonlight, two people were currently walking on a dirt road. One of them was holding a makeshift torch and a compass.

"Hey Jag, do you know why is the boss always vanishing?" Asked the thief who was currently being the torch holder.

"That matter is not important for me. But we know that he could not move very far or planeswalk away from this world because you know that he once said that he somehow trapped in this world, and he also said that something is also currently hunting him, an ethereal being that is specified only to hunt people like him. And a dire consequence should be happened if he get caught."

"Well, that's unfortunate for him."

"But he's now in possession of that flower. And I guess that the flower could somehow save him if that ethereal being somehow catch him. Or the reverse can also be happened."

"The reverse?"

"Yes. He once said that the flower can be used to bait the being that hunting him to materialize into this world, that's why he needs an answer to that necromancer because she was the one who once said it."

"So... he wants to bring that being into this world and... fight it?"

"I believe yes. And annihilating it. But I doubt that he could stand against that being alone. And the consequences to us, to you humans especially, are unknown when that being would wreak havoc in this world if the boss would lose the fight against it."

Darius's only response was silence.
  • (I'll post the cards later because I need to take some time to create them.)
  • Note to self:
    1 Rare Slot
    2 Uncommon Slots
    1 Common Slot
    Max Cmc: 5
  • @Arceus8523, @MonkeyPirate2002
    I could bake together a ranking list rather quickly that gives you enough information that you need. I just need to rank a few new cards. I'll return in a few hours, (Unless I accidentally fall asleep after dinner.)

I don't know if it is a good idea to show the points since it could maybe be seen as negative if the jump to those above one self is too high.
    Also the points differ from more than just the singular cards as there is the cover and curve factors that make it a little more complicated to show the "real" points.
    As this is an elimination contest I keep more focus on those at the bottom so the 5 at the bottom have more accurate points than those 5 at the top.
  • @Jonteman93
    Thanks! Just knowing how I stack up relative to others would be nice so I know if I need to switch up my strategy.
  • @JonteMan93, you could show us who's in danger of elimination?
  • edited September 2018
    Here is an estimation of the current ranking.
    I have not taken into consideration cards posted after the last elimination so LyndonF and MonkeyPirate should be a little higher with those cards included.
    Also these are not complete calculations as I mentioned earlier but in general it looks like this.

1st: @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
    2nd @Bobman111
    3rd @Decaldor
    4th @AxNoodle
    5th @BorosPaladin
    6th @Aggroman15
    7th @MonkeyPirate2002
    8th @ShaperKyon
    9th @Lujikul
    10th @LyndonF
    11th @Arceus8523
    12th @DoctrorFro
    13th @Ranshi922
    14th @ZAHADOOM
    15th @TheEnderDragon

After elimination 3 and before challenge 4.

Edit: I think I will begin to post these kinds of rankings between each elimination and challenge here on forth.
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93 huh, thought Zaha was gonna be at the bottom. He (or she) has posted less than Ender. It's quite interesting to see the opposite.

Edit: I was wondering why I was so low, but then I realized I hadn't used all of my rare cards. That probably explains it!

Edit edit: Probably not. I wonder, what should I do to rise up in ranks? I won't be surprised if you don't tell me.
  • edited September 2018
    Here are my cards. May probably gonna put some stories again later too. Need some more times to think about it. And boy they definitely can put your opponent down from 20 to 0 life at turn six or less lol. In the right deck of course.

image image image
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Zaha have 4 cards. Ender have 3.

Like I said. your two latest cards are not counted in this ranking.

You have 8 (6 counted) cards in your spell book.
    You should have a total of 13 slots so you still have 5 slots unused.

All 6 people above you in the rankings had posted more cards than you before challenge 4. So if you want to get higher simply post more cards.
    However focus more on keeping away from the bottom as you get no benefit of being in the very top except status I guess.
  • (Sorry if I edited a lot due to my bad english and sleep deprivation lol.)
  • edited September 2018

Aldor reached the summit of the hill. He looked down. Before him he saw hundreds of strange beasts grazing, flying, or swimming inside a giant, walled off square. He had never before seen so many different creatures in one place.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" a voice asked behind him. Aldor spun around to see a girl dressed in blue armor.

"You must be the person the necromancer spoke of," Aldor said.

"Indeed I am," the girl extended her hand. "Afera."

"I am Aldor, the Wanderer, the Shepherd, the Priest of-" Aldor stopped as Afera turned away and looked toward the horizon.

"I believe that we're in for a fight," Afera said. "That necromancer seems pretty angry."

"And you say that because..." Aldor said.

"Look," Afera pointed. Aldor walked to where Afera was standing and looked at a horde of undead lurching toward the hill.

"I can deal with undead," Aldor lifted his staff and from it shot a ray of light. One of the zombies was disintegrated.

"Can you do that thousands of times faster?" Afera asked. Aldor shook his head. "Then I'll go prepare my companions."

1 Rare
    2 Uncommons
    2 Commons
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93 (Here's a thing: Post the scoreboard only at the end of the contest.

You know what happens if people see that they're in very bad positions? They will simply quit.

It's also a way to greatly discourage people because there is no real prize aside from just favorites that are quickly forgotten which are also have no impact in the real life at all.

Just giving an advice.)

And a reminder for me :
    Max cmc: 6
    Free slots
    Mythic: 0
    Rare: 0
    Uncommon: 0
    Common: 0
  • edited September 2018
    Okay then! Here we go!

Aggrol, Samora, Searshean, and the Hydra continued on their way. Soon, though, they were completely and utterly lost. "May I ask you, our 'glorious leader' where exactly we are going?" asked Sean, "Because it seems like you have no idea where you are." "Well, that's why I have Sam. She knows her way around. Any ideas on where to go?" Aggrol questioned. Sam shook her head. "I don't know of any settlements nearby that we could go to." Suddenly Sean exclaimed, "I know! There's a medium-sized village of viashino near the base of the volcano. As the volcano's guardian, they were under my protection. We could go there!"

They traveled for many days until they came to the village. "Hello, my friends!" Sean shouted, "I have returned, albeit temporarily. Will you offer hospitality to my friends?" The viashino village agreed to harbor the band of elementals, more out of curiosity and wanting to find out about these new life forms than because Sean asked them to. "Awesome!" Aggrol said, "Now that we're here, we don't have to worry about anything!"

They still had to worry about something. Around midnight, Aggrol awoke with a start. This was because he had another one of these confusing reoccurring dreams. Who were these people? What did it mean when it said that they had been "eliminated"? However, when he went out of his tent to get some fresh air, he saw something that made him suddenly wide awake. An army was approaching. They were dressed in black, and there were some zombies among them, so he felt fairly certain that Jalan's death had been heard of by some kind of necromancer society, and they were not happy. "EVERYONE! WAKE UP! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" Aggrol yelled.

Soon, sleepy-looking viashino came out of their houses, but when they saw the approaching horde, they immediately ran back inside. Sam and Sean raced out, and stopped when they saw the group. Sean said, "Well, shoot. I told them that they'd be fine, and then this happens. I never should have burned down that stinkin necromancer's house. It was satisfying at the time, but now I thoroughly regret it. Now, when I come back, this village will hate me." "Hey. Sean. There was no way you could have seen this coming. Don't blame yourself. Concentrate on figuring out a way to protect the village." Sam said. "Ok. You're right. Being all sad and stuff won't help us now." Sean thought for a moment. "OK! I've got it! Aggrol! Do you remember our fire magic lessons?" Aggrol definitely remembered. It had been the hardest week or so of his life. He could never do it good enough for Sean. "Yep. I do." "Well, I need your help with something. I want to create a barrier of fire around this settlement to keep those guys away. However, I don't have enough power to do the whole thing. I need you to do the last 1/4 or so of the ring." "Ok then. I think I can do that." Sean created a small fire about 10 ft. from the edge of the village, and then him and Aggrol channeled their power into it until it grew into an enormous ring surrounding the village. And they finished not a moment too soon. The first zombie lurched through the wall only seconds after they were done, and fell on the ground, burning. Many more followed. YOU THINK THAT A PUNY WALL OF FIRE CAN STOP ME? A strange voice seemed to just pop into Aggrol's head. "Guys... Are you hearing this?" Sam asked. The hydra looked as though it was trying to cover it's ears. Suddenly, the wall was extinguished, and the horde burst into the town. Aggrol knew he needed to do something, but he didn't know what.

Then, he saw him. He was a (probably) human sitting on a horse, holding a staff. Even from all the way across the battlefield, he radiated an aura of fear. Now you see. You cannot defeat me! I am the leader of all of these necromancers. I am Tonre, Lord of Necromancers, Ruler of- "Look, whoever-you-are. I don't care about your millions of titles. I only care about the fact that you are hurting my friends. And I can't let you do that. "Aggrol! What is happening?" Sam exclaimed. The ground had started to rumble, and the top of the volcano to smoke. Everyone turned to Aggrol. He seemed to radiate power, and his eyes had turned a firey orange. "Now. I give you one last chance to surrender, or your entire organization is going down." You can never destroy my organization! We are too great! You are only one! But his mental voice was starting to waver. "Ok then. You asked for it." An enormous sinkhole opened up in the ground in front of the opposing troops, swallowing at least a hundred of them, and lava started pouring out of the volcano. "TAKE COVER! IT'S GONNA BLOW!" Sean shouted. "No worries. I've got it covered." Aggrol responded. A large stone bubble formed around the town. Aggrol then proceeded to faint.

When Aggrol woke up, he was in what looked like a healer's room of sorts. Sam, Sean, and the Hydra were all standing over him. "Where am I? What happened?" Aggrol said, confused. Sam responded, "You're in the medical bay. As for what happened..." "You went into some kind of superhero mode and completely wrecked all of those stupid necromancers. You opened a sinkhole in the ground, and made the volcano erupt! You even shielded us from the volcano's blast! It was awesome!" Sean exclaimed. "Ugh. My head hurts. The last thing I remember is this weird voice in my head." Aggrol said. "So you mean to tell me that you don't remember any of the events I just mentioned." Sean said. He was almost as confused as Aggrol. "Nope. Not a thing." "Well, we should probably get going. I'm not sure to where, but I don't want to be sitting still if Jalan's higher-up has a higher-up." Sam said. The rest of them agreed, and they set out for the road again.

End of Story Blurb

Holy crap! That was a long one! And before any of you say that this makes Aggrol too overpowered, it's not like he's going to be using this super-elemental mode in every fight. He can only use it in times of extreme peril.

Here are my entries for this week's challenge.
    imageimageimage
  • edited September 2018
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Yeah that is the reason why I don't wanted to post the scores. The rankings however doesn't say too much how people do as the rankings is quite equal to how many cards each one has posted thus far. Also it gives an indication to those that are in the obvious risk zone.

@Aggroman15 One of those cards are rare. You have already posted 2 so you have 4 posed but only 3 slots. (Only those that chose option B last challenge have 4 rare slots)
  • Oops. I was calculating how many of each slot I had, and I apparently put the stuff for option B instead of option A. I will fix that.
  • I will post some information regarding the tower and its master on friday after next elimination.
  • @Jonteman93 Here's my theory:

The spark eater is in truth three entities tasked with the same purpose: To steal unlucky Planeswalker sparks from their owners for nourishment. There is the Badger-a force who gathers unwitting planeswalkers to its plane. The Mushroom, whose job is to prevent planeswalkers from leaving their prison of a plane. And finally, there's the Snake. Its purpose is to devour the spark present in all planeswalkers.

In other words:

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

" "

SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAAAAAKE!!!
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Is that a meme or something?
  • Maybe, maybe not...
This discussion has been closed.