Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited October 2019
    @Tommia
    "If she has been in service of this demon, then so be it, I will not chase after someone because of their private business."
  • @Tommia
    "Right, tell me what to do now"
  • @DrakeGladis

Enerew has become autonomous.

Outcome: 5 + 3 + 8 (The formula for my outcome determination is available upon request.)

As Enerew and co. push through the forest, they are ambushed. Ethereal beings phase into reality as they surround the group.

"We're completely surrounded!" Jacob aims his sword at a wolfkin.

"Seems more like we're completely screwed!" Dekin prepares to fire his aether guns.

"That's a good way to put it!" Enerew replies. "Hemi! Would you mind clearing us a path?!"

"I'll try..." Hemi is growing weaker. Her powers have been overexerted, and she is on her knees as she attempts to create a cyclone centered around you.

"Let me show you how it's done!" Ferian sends out a blast of flame that scorches both the group and the enemies surrounding them.

"Arr! You burnt me flagon!" Dekin gives Ferian a dirty look as he fires on the guards. A mix of blades clashing, guns firing, and the resonance of magic fill the forest as it begins to burn from the blast of fire.

"Good job, smart one." Sophia sneers.

"Maybe a little light on the flames next time!" The flames further burned away at Enerew's already damaged fur. In his haste to put the flames, he is left open for a gunshot; this one strikes him right in the chest. He collapses from the impact.

"Captain!" Sophia comes over to assist Enerew, and ends up getting rammed by a deer.

"Where's our medics?!" Jacob looks around. "Why did none of the blasted medics come with us?!"

"Your friends cannot help you Enerew. You will face your judgement yourself." An elf walks up to Enerew, then attempts to detain him.

"You leave him alone!" Sophia stands up, injured, and strikes the elf with a sword slash.

"No one man-handles the cap'n!" Dekin fires a shot that finishes the elf off. With few of the soldiers remaining, the group is finally able to flee...

Vs. Army of Owu - Phase Three

You are approaching the shore. The Mistborn II is in sight.

"Just a little further!"

Suddenly, a swarm of faeries surround you.

"You cannot escape. We will have your obedience!"

You are swept away by the swarm of faeries, and powerless to resist. Your allies try to assist you, but it's to no avail. You'll have to make it out yourself.

Make a legendary instant/sorcery based around your escape from Owu. This time, the score will mainly be based on realism, sticking to your colors, and making cards that just work overall.

Your entry will be scored from 0-15. All of your scores in this three part showdown will be added for a percentile, with 135% being the highest possible score. For every 10% below 100% you are, you’ll take a hit. Your current HP is 10.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 5 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 2 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (Temur)
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
    If you do not take back control of Enerew by Monday, this scenario will be auto-resolved.
  • I'm really sorry for being absent lately everyone. Ive had a crazy mix of multi-family holiday and college work to get done, but im back now and ready to stuff
  • @Tommia

I will be off for the next four days due to a trip to DC, I may or may not be able to still get on the computer
  • @EnvyReaper @BudGetTheCam "That would be most wise of you, unless you plan on making a deal with them yourself. This is a being... even my master has learned to fear." Kerial shudders. "But trust me. She is in good hands."
    "Hold on just a second..." Lilith looks at Kerial. "Isn't Khantsievth the... archdemon of legend?"
    "I'm in no position to question my master. There is a phrase that has been passed through eons of time... there is always a higher power."
    "Good..." Danny breathes a sigh of relief, but neither of you can tell if it's because you won't have to rescue Jessica, or because you aren't going to.
    "Very well." Rusty seems content with this. "So... onto bizness."
    "As I discussed with Draundr, my master is sure that Rafael met with Darna moments before their death. They got into an argument about a strange relic the man possessed, which would be critical in the Archangel's task to end the Cursed Rebirth. Rafael is in Descour, about to meet with a demon as we speak."
    "Wasn't Rafael on the hit list?" Scarf asks. Draundr confirms this.
    "Now, something we should of thought through earlier." Danny says. "How are we leaving Hitcherald?"
    "Swim." Kerial blurts out. "Heheheh. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. We'll need to be outside first, but I've got a solution."
    "So, we going now?"
    "Yes." Lilith confirms.
    "Yay! We get to kill people!"
    "Yer 15, Scarf! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Rusty gives Scarf a dirty look.
    "Oh, trust me. I grew up in Nasita. Do you really think I made it this far without killing someone?!"
    "Ancestors give me strength." Lilith shakes her head as you leave the meeting room.

You walk outside, and Kerial is performing a ritual.

"Are you sure this is the best place to be performing a ritual?" Scarf asks. Kerial is performing a ritual right in front of the entrance.
    "Don't question me." Kerial begins chanting as blood runs from a wound on their arm. In their paw is one of their feathers, and the blood begins to materialize into multiple manticores.
    "Woah!" Lilith is impressed by the display of magic. There are now five other manticores, almost identical to Kerial. They all bear saddles made of fiendish leather and ivory.
    "So... shall we be going?"

It will take a moment for you to reach your destination. I will compensate for this, since you are about to interact with another player character.
  • edited October 2019
    @ElMagici "I need you to help me kill someone. My life depends on it."
  • edited October 2019
    (Very slightly off-topic)
    All the races this plane doesn't have:
    -Minotaurs
    -Viashino
    -Naga
    -Khenra
    -Pineapple cake people Homarids
  • @KorandAngels you might want to prepare to cross off at least one of those...

>;3
  • Are you saying... Pnum made it?
  • edited October 2019
    Anyway, heres my creature. I'm going for the Countermeasures. (I would have done countermeasures and/or resolution, but I acidentally made it a knight instead of a cleric.)
  • Will my story continue now?
  • @Bowler218 I'll be getting to your arc by tomorrow
  • edited October 2019
    (I just looked at Terra's card properly now; I would make her my commander. Or maybe just an emblem with her first ability.)
    (Also, Pnum is coming!)
  • @Tommia, where we at on the battle with Arne?
  • (Somehow I forgot p/t; it's a 0/0)
  • @spookoops Waiting for @Derain2. If they don't respond today, I'll roll for them, and Pathos will become autonomous until Derain comes back.
  • edited October 2019
    @KorandAngels You decide to send a group of elites from the Center of Prayer to intercept the riot. They gladly obey your command, and march onwards towards Dydyg with a smile on their faces.

You are given a small font of water for which you can look through to see the situation from your quarters. Cursed demons join the ranks of civilians and angels in an attempt to spur rebellion. Black winged angels in black clothes and masks shout out screams of detestment. A cleric in a black hood throws a fireball at a nearby church. One of the angels is shouting through a horn.

"We've seen what the angels are becoming. We've seen what the Six have done to our people. These are not your saviors. They are your doom! Join the true Lord Arbiter, and break free from the shackles of ill-earned faith! Devote yourself to freedom! Join him in his quest to save this world!"

Suddenly, a whistle blows. Down a narrow city block marches a group of armed soldiers, shields deployed. They block the way for rioters, preventing them from moving forward. You made sure they knew to use weapons as a last resort.

"Out of the way, oppressors! You block only the path to freedom!"
    "Drop your weapons and go to your homes! There is to be no violence in these cherished streets!"
    "By what order?"
    "The governor demands peace. Stand down!"
    "We won't stand and watch as this world burns! We need action now!"

The rioters charge and attempt to start pushing through the group of armed soldiers. The shields hold them back for a while, until a Molotov breaks a hole in the group. A demon charges into the weak point, using its immense demonic strength to clear a path.

"This is your final warning! Stand down or we will engage!"

Rioters attempt to pour through the open gap in the armed group. Suddenly, a group of rioters appear behind the group from alleyways and close in.

"Defensive stance, circle on me!"

The leader of your forces motions for the rest of the soldiers to surround him. A circle of shields protects them as they are ambushed. Pointed sticks are thrown. Another Molotov is sent in, but this time it reflects off a shield and burns away from the soldiers. The soldier in the center is saying a prayer as rioters beat and batter at their shields and damage the surrounding buildings. As the soldier in the center finishes his prayer, the entire group is surrounded in a glowing light.

"You've been warned! We are engaging! Soldiers! Push back!"

The soldiers pan out into two offensive lines, and begin to push back the protestors. Anyone that tries to get violent is struck down. Someone tries to grab the commander, but a punch to the face knocks down the masked assailant. Someone comes in with a gun, but the protective aura surrounding the soldiers causes the shot to ricochet and kill them. The protestors start to back away, when the soldiers start charging, shields protecting them from incoming sticks and stones. The leader of the rioters is knocked down and arrested. Several hundred protestors flock like birds as they run away. The angels take flight, and the entire riot disperses. There is no sign that the riot will continue...

13 points - 3 points were restored to Dydyg. Its heat rating is now a 5.

"What the hell do I have to say to you?"

What light remains of the sunless day is fading. You join Altreya and Terra in a nearby prison, where they are interrogating some of the major members of the rioting party. The leader is tied to a chair, struggling to move.

"I can feel the darkness in your heart. You're evil!" The rioter spits as she gives Altreya an evil look.
    "Says the violent angel that tried to kill a peaceful resistance." Altreya mocks. "You're all the same. Looking for a place in the world instead of accepting the place you were given."
    "A slave to the wretched powers that be? Never in a thousand years!"
    "So... are you going to tell us where the others are? The other leaders?"
    "**** you!"
    "I take that as a no..."

Altreya walks out of the room and notices you. "Ah, yes! The governor's here. I know you have a... way with words, per say. We're trying to pry the location of the other rioters out of this kind, young lady, and maybe convince them to join our cause. Feel free to do this... however you want. But at least make sure she remains alive.

You have an opportunity to interrogate the person behind the riot, a New Order member of high standing. Inside the room is a chain and a "pain stick" used in more forceful interrogations, as well as a branding tool. Your options are wide open. You can try talking to the protestor, being violent, or even casting spells, whether you're trying to calm them down or trick them with mind magic, or just set their hair on fire. The choice is up to you, and the interrogation is entirely open-ended. However, the rioter may refuse to speak to you if you anger them too much.
  • @EmolgAn

Alyssa has become autonomous

@Bowler218 You can't hear anything except the wind as the drakes fly you and Alyssa's crew towards the center of the desert. A temple made of strange stone lies in the distance.

"Are we going into a hedonist's lair?!" Nsatar seems to be very wary of this whole ordeal. "I can feel the darkness pouring from this monument!"

"Oh, sweetie, you'll be fine!" The hag bellows. You're just about to the temple, and the drake descend. As you disembark, they disappear, one after another. Strange statues line this temple, which seems to be a former religious sanctum. Inside are a group of people; a demon in armor, an angel, a hunter with a missing arm, and a strange old man. The same strange man you saw in Racrion. The voice booming from it is... strangely familiar. Where have you heard it?

@Blazin_Biscuit @sanjaya666 @ASubtleGhost

"So, Zanletesh! Rafael! Do we have a deal?"

That voice... how is it possible? When you left Racrion, Joseph was a spirit with no shell, but here he is, possessing the man who stole his books.
  • edited October 2019
    @ElMagici "Let's just say... a human pheasant..."

A werebird? The construct disassembles into crumbled stone.

"Here is what I can do for you now. I promise with all my heart. Once you save me, I can help you with so much more. But I can't help anyone if I'm dead..."

Your body begins to refill with power, filling the gap left by your betrayal of Khantsievth. You feel it within you... spirits...

"Mastiffa..." The whisper... it's Norana again. "Thank you for vouching for this man. Now please... save him... and you can save me..."

You fly post-haste towards Delvad with a newfound resolve. Norana... you never thought you'd see her face again, yet as you close your eyes, her essence stares back at you. Her soul is in your body, guiding you as you tear through the air faster than you've ever flown. Suddenly, you hear an explosion in the distance, followed by a giant, anthropomorphic bird flying into the air, then diving back down with a crash.

@EpicBoss99

Hostile Encounter

"Mastiffa! You're just in time!" The spirit of a man calls out to Mastiffa. "I'm glad you came."

Verth, the wereraven, turns around to see who he's talking to. A demon, scantily clad with dark wings.

"You're outnumbered now, Verth... so let me throw you a proposal, yes? An agreement." Joseph takes a humanoid form, walking towards Verth disarmingly. "This woman is Mastiffa Oklein. She lost everything she knew, including her parents and her sister, Norana. However... I was able to find a way to free Norana. She has lived in terrible conditions... imprisoned forever. Beaten. Raped. I can set her free, but see... I can only do that if I'm alive, so I'll cut you a break. I will stand down against you. I will give you back Uvras. Everything I've done to wrong you... I will undo... if you let me go alive. If I die... this woman never gets to see her sister again, and she may even die too. She broke her contract with Khantsievth to come here. I'm the only thing keeping Norana alive at this point... Don't be foolish. Don't let this poor woman lose her only chance to see her sister..."

@EpicBoss99 Joseph is suggesting a truce. If you refuse to accept, Mastiffa has been ordered to attack you.
  • @Tommia

Can I just ask, who am I about to encounter?
  • edited October 2019
    @EnvyReaper

Rafael (sanjaya666) as well as the other people in the room (Xataxji [ASubtleGhost, an ally to Rafael] and his servant, Zanletesh [Blazin_Biscuit] and his hag, Joseph, who is controlling an old man, three people who are wondering what the hell is going on [One being Bowler218] and a pirate crew led by Alyssa [EmolgAn])
  • edited October 2019
    // Woo! Party in the temple!

(I hope this is a "you meet in the inn" type situation and you don't end up all killing each other >_<)
  • @Tommia

Since my colors are now Grixis, I spent some weeks thinking how to make her compatible but without raising her power level too much, this will do?

First Mastiffa

Evolved Mastiffa

• @ElMagici Guess we'll see. You technically weren't supposed to submit a new character yet XD

Not sure about wording, but the power level seems pretty good to me!
This discussion has been closed.