Create cards - Get faves. Yes, it's that easy

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Who else does that thing where they're up obscenely late and reprimand others who are up at that ungodly hour?
  • edited October 2019

Figured something with adamant might be cool, maybe in a scenario that's quite rare.
  • One of my favorite recent designs, would love reactions and comments.

• @Ranshi922
    You get a fave for that description XD
  • Thanks! XD
  • edited October 2019
    While this isn't technically a new card for me. I reworked it to be more clear, added new art, and added two small restrictions: it being a legendary land now, and being restricted to artifacts and enchantments. Which for the set it'd be a part of; would jell with the mechanics.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/crystal-springs?list=user
  • @KorandAngels I'm sorry, I don't really like your card. The artwork - though I apreciate it being hand-drawn - is quite messy and doesn't say much, the ability is weirdly worded and sounds a bit Unstable. I won't award any faves.

@Ranshi922 We have a very cool design over here! But you just need to frustrate me with mill, don't you? But, well, objectively I really like this card, it looks good and it has an interesting effect (that is very much lethal when combined with things that mill the top half of your opponent's library). You get 3 faves for your beautiful effort.

@Frostbvrn Oh, wow, somebody actually used Adamant to do something creative! I think that all players that run Grand Arbiter Augustin IV will love you. Anyways, I like it, it's creative, well designed and good. You get 2 faves. I just don't see many scenarios, when this card would realistically activate.

@Zah_the_prevailer Hm... This card messes with the color pie quite a bit. I'd deffinitely do something about the text design. But otherwise, it's fine, I guess. 1 fave is awarded.

@Baron-777 Nice land! One minor nitpick - you should have used the legendary frame. Otherwise I like it, despite it being a land that doesn't produce mana on its own. Here, take these 2 faves, my friend.

@TheSuturedHeartMan Wow, wow, WOW. Beautiful bit of story over there, man! It is thrilling, well thought up and epic. I love good stories. And this one is, in my oppinion. Where she goes to steal a machine, that combines machine and organic matter, only to have it combine itself with her? Amazing. Great turn of events there. I love it. What would you say to 5 more faves for the story? I know this is not a writing contest, but I just can't help myself. Here you go. Thanks for the time, that you put into writing it here.
  • Wowza @ThePhantomJoker, glad you liked it so much!
  • edited October 2019
    Deleted.
  • edited October 2019
  • edited October 2019
    Can you give some favorites to sorinjace. They deserve the attention! :)

Link to their collection: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/sorinjace

• What do you think about this card

How’s this?
  • I wanted to create a chaotic creature card with a self-destruct ability, and here's the result:

• edited October 2019
    @ThePhantomJoker Yes, there's not many times it would be useful, unless you packed a Ruby Leech along with it. But nevertheless, it's a 2/2 for 2
  • @Shmoohawk Oh, wow! This is so creative! I love it. It feels balanced, it looks extremely fun to play and as I've said - it is creative. You get 6 whole faves for this amazing card.

@Tommyneko Your card has some major flaws, but I quite like it. Firs things first, the word "Evil" should have been in italics as well as the phrase in brackets. And for the wording, I'd say:

Evil - Pay 2 life. (When you cast this spell, an opponent may pay its evil cost.)
    Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield. If the evil cost was paid, those lands enter the battlefield tapped.

But you get 1 fave for the idea.

@shadow123 Oh look, an interesting adventure synergy. I quite like it. 2 faves are awarded.

@TenebrisNemo Very interesting design here. It would only work in a multiplayer game, but multiplayer games are more fun anyway, so 2 faves are awarded, my friend.

@murkletins I'm a bit confused by both your comment and your card, so I'm afraid I won't give it any faves, despite it looking nice. The combining creatures part is pretty strange and unstable.

@Faiths_Guide Oh, my bad. I'll get onto your Curuvi Mount now. It's a very cute card with some very good flexibility, serving both as a mana source and a combat trick. The creature type is also a win. I'll award you 4 faves for this card.
  • ONE MORE CLARIFICATION TO THE RULES: Whenever you get any faves from this contest, send me the cards, that you want faved to personal messages (to save some space in the contest itself).
  • edited October 2019
    @ThePhantomJoker
    Oooh, thanks! How about these?

New one!

• edited October 2019
    @Faiths_Guide One of the faves is for the posted card itself. Please, choose only three of these cards.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    I stuck a @jd_artwork fave on yours. I agree with @Phelgming's comment, especially about it looking fun.
  • Would love some feedback on my "Collected Company" mechanic I've been experimenting with. This is my favorite and most mechanically interesting.

• Here's another one
  • edited October 2019

Would love to hear what you think about this one! It's a tribal artifact for Rebels, so it's a bit of a strange card. (Note: the Rebel tribe has a thing for searching your library for Rebel permanent cards and putting them directly onto the field for a cost. So Mobilize triggers if you searched your library and put Font onto the field with a Rebel's ability.)
  • @Faiths_Guide This thing should deffinitely cost more. Too many cheap things trigger this guy, and if you had the right deck, you could just cycle enough cards for a small ammount of mana, then swing in with a horde of vigilant zombies and pretend, that you have no idea, what Field of the Dead is. Since the card looks very good and the effect is quite interesting, I'll give you 2 faves for it.

@Amnorasmus The problem I have with custom ability words is that I'm often not sure, what is the condition for it - and that's unfortunately the case here. So, does Collected Company activate, when you control an ammount of nontoken creatures of the same type? It seems to me, that you've tried to fit too much effects into this card and it feels a bit chaotic. And also, when you have twelve zombies in play, you probably don't need additionaleffects to end the game. The second ability is quite interesting and brings some fun thinking to the table. I'll give you 1 fave.

@Shmoohawk Oh, I've alredy faved this card as your reward for the previous one. Nevermind, the faves that you get from this will just be put onto something else. This card is brilliant. It's creative and inventive, it does a very unusual effect and would be particularly hilarious in multiplayer. It gives you a nice opportunity to heal and get cards for a reasonable cost. You get 3 faves, my friend.

@RohanDragoon Interesting, somebody thinks of rebels here. Great mechanic for the creature type and a great effect. One minor problem with it - rebels were generally white. I'm not sure, how many people would want to splash in blue just for this card. But it's a fun and original card. 4 whole faves are awarded.
  • @ThePhantomJoker
    Cool, thanks! I've PMed you.

New one:
  • edited November 2019
    Second

• K last one, sorry I just really appreciate the feedback
  • @sanjaya666 There should be a comma after ‘can't’ I made a comma mistake on Divine Tune. I like the effects though! I’m faving Diabolic Tune!
This discussion has been closed.