Tournament of Champions 3 (The game has begun!)

Comments

• edited July 2020

Storyline cards.

Name:
     Aeryn Nox Lockhart

During your life:

10 age 

The Youth Preparatory School (before the School of Knights.)

Gradually, Aeryn's rune-manipulating power began to emerge, when Aeryn's parents, Mia and Ryan, turned 10, when they decided to send her to a preparatory school. Ryan had received an appointment from his superiors at a school in the north of the province called Youth Preparatory School, managed by the mysterious and experienced Madame Davina.
    The three traveled to see the school.
    '' Welcome to Youth Preparatory School. We mold wizards, knights, shapeshifters and others from adolescence to adulthood, '' said a guide showing the charming school '' Madame Davina awaits you in her cabin ''
    The cabin was charming and one-story. The garden was flowery and the decorations and construction suggested a great oriental inspiration. Madame Davina slid the big door gently and looked kindly at Aeryn.
    '' Come in everyone and feel free ''
    After a long conversation with Aeryn's parents, she was taken to the next room with other interviewees to enter the school. Aeryn was greeted by a smiling boy.
    '' My name is Casimir, what's yours? ''
    '' Aeryn ... '' she said without understanding the boy's happiness.
    "I hope I can get into this school, it looks like a lot of fun," said the boy. "And if you pass too, we can be friends."
    They both sat in their chairs waiting for Madame Davina.

One by one, everyone had to say their pretensions in the future and what they would like to become. They were just children, but Madame Davina liked to force their intellect on interviews.
    Aeryn's turn came.
    "I want to be a knight like my father"
    ''Me too. I'm going to be the best rider ever, '' Casimir interjected enthusiastically sitting next to her.
    ''Calm down Casimir, don't get too excited '', smiled at Madame Davina, who soon clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. '' Let's go to the aptitude test now ''
    "Okay Aeryn, you can do it," said Mia with her great charisma that fills Aeryn's heart with strength.
    For the aptitude test, parents were asked to accompany their children. It was an individual test so that there was no conflict with the other candidates.
    Gradually Aeryn managed to move some rocks and nail certain scriptures with her mind, making them into very rustic runes and without much strength. The most surprising thing was that Aeryn made impulses with the air around her and generated a non-solid rune, capable of launching weak blasts of air.
    "Very well, parents, Aeryn is in," said Madame Davina. "There are some powers that emanate at this age. The best known are manipulation of objects or elementals. Of course, we have those with perceptions of struggle and who do not interact with magic. Aeryn has manipulated objects and elementals to create runes. In reality it limits without powers ... it is rare for someone to awaken two levels of powers. It will be interesting to teach this girl, '' everyone smiled at last.

Aeryn later noticed Casimir spying on something.
    ''What are you doing Casimir ''
    ''What a fright '', Casimir recovered his breath to continue '' They wouldn't let me in. I'm trying to hear something.''
    Both were quiet trying to hear something. A few words marked Aeryn and Casimir as '' approved, but ... '', '' without powers '', ''something new awake '' and '' many complications''. Both did not understand what that meant.
    Casimir staggered and caught the attention of those inside the cabin. They ran like never before with a smile on their face. Aeryn knew she had a great friend on this journey.
  • edited July 2020
    Match 3 - Introduction

The day was still young when the contestants, hosts, soldiers, nobles and some unknown warriors and other people gathered on top of the Estina mountain.
    Called a mountain it was barely more than a large outcrop hill with a shrine dedicated to Lady Avelaide, creator of Avelaide and mother of the divine guides. 

The hosts presented the fighters, Brynn and Lukaes, and the arena which was mostly just a large forest with a river running through it. The field to the south was also intended to be available, but civilians had started to gather around the forest, trying to get a glimpse of what was going to happen. Some had even tried to enter the forest so the soldiers had to threaten them that lethal force would be used against any trespasser.
    The match had started to become a failure before it had even begun, something that Nadja promised would not be repeated in future matches. 

The match was delayed, but not for more than an hour before the Hosts finally allowed the match to begin. Those civilians still in the forest had to blame themselves if any harm came to them. 

"Let the third match of the tournament, begin!"
  • Match 3 - Fight!

@SpellPiper2213 vs @Bowler218
     VS                                        

Swosh! 
    Lukaes saw the tree top where he just had stood a moment ago, be cleaved off and fall down. "Okay! I'm sorry about that I said about your sisters but you don't have to go for my neck for it, literately!" Lukaes shouted somewhat nervously from another tree. 
    "Don't worry so much. I am sure you can avoid me cutting your head off again, and again, and again. Just keep your head cool and you can keep it." Brynn said teasingly.
    Brynn's words did not make Lukaes any more calm.

Lukaes did yet again teleport to the next tree just before Brynn's sword hit the last tree. 
    Lukaes continued to teleport between trees in a hope to wear down Brynn more than he wore down himself, for there were no chance that he could win in a direct fight against her. He continued to drag Brynn after him as he jumped from tree to tree. 

The game that had started almost like something resembling fun had begun to dry out for Brynn. Once again she had lost Lukaes, and was searching for him. Then when she finally saw him hiding behind another tree, she pretended that she had not seen him. She flew closer, pretending to head towards a direction on the other side. Then when she was just beside the tree, she slashed straight through. 
    Lukaes screamed like a girl.

Brynn then realized that it was an actual girl. The girl looked at Brynn, terrified yet unharmed. Disappointed, Brynn continued her search through the forest. Later, she once again found someone and once again it was someone else. After have found four or five civilians, Brynn became really annoyed. This was no fight to the death, it was not a fight at all. Hide and seek with weapons is what it is. 

After some time something finally happened. A young kid came running through the forest. "Flying lady! Flying lady!" he said. "What is it, child?"  
    "I have found Lu - lu. ehh... Luk something. The other guy. He was very mean to me so I want you to take him. He is down that path, almost at the river. Please take him. He is so mean." 
    Brynn looked at the kid. It was almost too obvious that the child was playing her for a fool but regardless, now she at least had a lead. 

As Brynn flew along the path, she noticed a group of children running behind the trees.    Further down the path she finally saw Lukaes. He sat on the ground with his back towards a large boulder. His leg was covered in red blood. As he saw Brynn, he began to crawl away. "No! Don't even think you will win that easily." he groaned. Brynn landed on the boulder as there was clearly a trap of some kind hidden under a bed of leaf.
    "That looks like a real nasty wound you got there, Lukaes. You really think you can win with such a deep wound. I bet you can't even stand" Brynn smirked. 
    "Oh I will stand, when I have won this tournament I will stand, victorious. Then when I get older I shall start a family and I will get THREE kids." Luakes shouted. 

A rope somewhere let loose and a trap door opened where the leaf bed had been. Some child somewhere wailed. Brynn jumped into the air but then suddenly, a net came from above in high speed and trapped Brynn. The child wailed again. "Or five kids might do, haha!" Lukaes chuckled as he stood up. Another rope let loose and in a log came swung around a tree. The log hit Lukaes unconscious so he flew many yards away. 
    After a short moment, a sobbing child came out from between the trees,
    "I'm so sorry... I forgot which was number three." 

"We have our third winner!" 
  • edited July 2020
    Match 3 - Winner!

@SpellPiper2213

Congratulations!
    Brynn takes home the third match of the tournament and is thus moved to the second stage
    @SpellPiper2213 you may now choose to improve Brynn's card to a max cmc of 5 or add an additional signature or companion card.
    You may also make changes to your current ones outside of the above. 
    It's going to be interesting see your characters development in the tournament. 

@Bowler218
    Sadly, Lukaes did not achieve victory today. But do not be sad for that. 
    It has been great having Lukaes here in the tournament and I hope to hear more from you and Lukaes. 
    You may now write the aftermath to Lukaes' story in the tournament. What will he do now and what will his future plans will be. 
    I also hope you want to stay and continue participating in the tournament, even if by just reading what is happening. 

(Yeah I know, copy-paste. I'm lazy so throw tomatoes at me, because I'm also hungry.)

Tournament update
    Match 4 between Dakros and Aeryn will take place in the arena (Preliminary)
    The match might not take place tomorrow however. I have a rather unsure schedule before me so I don't know when I will have the time. 
    So here from out, the matches will take place sometime after the following date. With other words. The following dates are the latest dates which you might do changes to your cards. 

Match 4 - 29th July (Earliest possible match 30th)
    Match 5 - 30th July (Earliest possible match 31th)
    Match 6 - 31th July  (Earliest possible match 1st)
    Match 7 - 31th July (Earliest possible match 1st)
    Match 8 - 1st August.  (Earliest possible match 2nd)

If this breaks someone's planes, please tell me so I can maybe change the order which the matches are fought. 

There is a chance that I will do two matches in the same day so that the fist stage is finished before next Monday, since I might start a new job on Tuesday. If that is the cause, I will make some minor adjustments to how much I can write both regarding the story and the fights. 
    I don't even have time for much proof-reading as of now (which you can probably see).  
  • edited July 2020
    After struggling her way out of the net, Brynn walked over to where Lukaes was. Bending down, she checked to see if he was still alive. She let out a sigh of relief when he was. "Alright, buddy," she muttered, hoisting his unconscious body over her shoulder. "Let's get you to a healer." As she walked towards the entrance, she routinely yelled, "Would any citizens follow me out of the forest?"

When Brynn left the forest, she had a small following of children and other civilians following her. Walking over to Gwendolyn's side, she carefully put Lukaes down on a healer's cot. Nodding calmly to the officials, she flew back to the Medirnian side.

"Congratulations," Skadi, her guide, said. "You get to move on to the next stage of the tournament."

Brynn sighed, looking over her shoulder at where she had come. "I suppose. Still, I wish Lukaes would have ended up in better condition. He'll be fine," she added as Skadi opened her mouth. "It's just..." She trailed off.

"I hate forests," she said finally. "Especially ones with traps. And I can't believe the military let civilians be there! Someone could have died! Hell, Lukaes came close. One wrong step, and..." She trailed off, growling deep in her throat. "Damnation. Still, I'm glad to still be in the tournament." She looked over her shoulder again. "I hope Lukaes turns out fine. Heaven knows he might turn out to be a friend, once this whole thing wraps up." She spins her finger in a circle and smiles.

"Well," Skadi said, "at least you won't have to be in that forest anymore."

"Hopefully," Brynn said. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

Brynn Deft Warden
  • edited July 2020
    Back to the Dragon's Den tavern, the place was bustling with activities despite it was a late evening. 

(Art by Woo Chul Lee)

Despite of the usual cheerful atmosphere, Jelene was sulking around alone in the corner. Her face was flushed with reddish hue due to her consumption of a more stronger version of the honey wine that was apparent on the table along with her sheathed demon-blade. Her current attire was of a simple tunic, trousers, and boots along with a robe that made her inconspicuos to the common folks. 

Still lost in her thoughts, a particular bearded man in a robe silently approached her and just sat on the opposite of her table.

"So, just drunk your problems out huh." Janus folded his arms. 

"... Just get to the point...." The somewhat drunk ronin closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose in her exasperation.

The smuggler leaned forward. "I believe I found something interesting." And talked in a hushed voice.

Jelene frowned and leaned forward.

"There is this order in Teurona that is all about following the path of light or something like that. The important part is that there is an angel too who act as their guardian and cleanser of her followers acts that are sinful in her eyes. But before you ask what the hell is this all for..."

"We're not planning to assassinate a contender are we?"

"Of course not, that would be rather counterproductive and just would put you in a very bad spotlight. But it is one of the order's member where the angel came from. It's possibly a high ranking one, like an archangel or something like that." Still in a hushed voice, the smuggler looked left and right for any sign of an eavesdropper.

"And all is this for what?"

"To counteract that demonic presence within you by absorbing the soul of that angel. And luckily I have the needed things to perform that."

"You know, I don't think that that's a good idea..."

"Well, we can try to exorcise the demon away, but I don't think that's better because the demon is too powerful that it would also steal your soul away too. And unleashing such entity would just wreak havoc around this kingdom and beyond. That sword of yours is the only one that is holding it together, but it seems even that doesn't stop the demon's influence over you."

"So I would just be dead then." The ronin leaned back and sighed. Then she gulped a glass full of wine in one gulp. "Fine. Let's go kill an angel."

"Good. Now go to sleep. We still have plenty of time. Meet me tomorrow in my hideout after the sunset. The portal device shall be ready by then." The smuggler leaned back, then stood up, raised his hood, and silently left.

'Great. Just great...' The ronin sighed, stood up, picked her sword, placed a small bag of coins on to the counter, smiled, left the tavern, and lost into her own thoughts.
  • Brynn will remember that.
  • edited August 2020

Ever since the Tournament of Champions commenced, business in Kiserova was booming more than ever. The market streets bustled with all sorts of merchants, citizens, and even thieves, each looking to make a profit off of the sudden influx of people arriving in the city. A jeweler displayed the finest of his collection, glowing brilliantly in the warm sun. A peasant could be seen haggling with a baker for a hot loaf of bread, fresh from the oven. Meanwhile, urchins were scuttling about like rats, snatching purses and wares from unwary customers and business owners alike. However, one little rat did not scuttle, and instead sulked in the shadows. She watched the crowds on a small crate she used as a seat, observing all the momentary scenarios that occurred as the chaos ensued. Every so often someone would peer into the shadows and see the little girl who was chosen to participate in the Tournament. Some would be intrigued, while others were utterly shocked. Yet their reaction ended all the same; a rapid departure without so much as a word.

Niran sighed. Yesterday her new “friend” left her with no farewell of any kind, leaving her alone once more. Was there really any point in trying to make a connection?

H̸̩̒̀a̵̧͙̲̬̣̱̓͒̍̌́͌͒̇̓v̷̨̨̛̰̗̻̼̺̱̬̞̘̠̯̂̍̐̂̋̿̓̓̑̽̎̈͝͠e̴̢̡̛̗̭̭͔̼̼͒͐̎̑́̉̽̐̍͋̑̽ ̶̧͙̙̗̙̣͍̘͚̹̭̪̂̒̆̓̍͌̾̎͠ͅy̷͕̆̀̍ͅò̷̳͐̽̓̕̚ȕ̴͍͈̦̬͙̱͔̺̼̱͜ ̷̛̰̺̲̠̺̎̅͛̎̈́̊͜ͅf̷̫̭̱̲̲̠͙̻͈͕̒͌͗̓͛̿̑̀̓̆̾͠ͅò̸͎̯͚̹͉̖͓̃̇̽͊̿̽̍͝ŗ̶̡̱͉̿ḡ̸̝̇́̓͂͐͌͒͑͘̚͝ö̶͍̠͍͕͖͇̪͕́̋͊̓̐̇̃͗͜t̸̡̤̬̊̅̆̂͛̏́̓̓͐͘̚͝t̶̡̧̛͙͎̪͕̗̮̦͉̙̻̦̽̐̑̑̆̓̒̔͛͂͘͝ẻ̷̤̣̭͍̣̰͙͖͎͙̘̤̔̀̓͋̆̓̎̂n̶̨̧̘̦͎̟̫̹̼̻̯̱͎͈̉ ̸͕̦̬̌̈́̄͒͘͘͠ą̸̀͛̄̀̓̈́̍͊̎̓̆̃̓̚b̵̨̦̪̦̌͐̑̀̚͜ơ̴̢̤̟̳̪͈̈́͗͗͊̌͐̔͘̕͜͝ų̴͗̏̍͊̏͐͠t̷̢̎͒̈́̽̔͘ ̴̫̩͚̝̬̝̝͉̹̦̅̓̽̆͗͊͐̿̈̋͜m̶̩̊̀̓̿̿̽̉̈́͊̆̚e̶̢̡͕̖̜̘̺̻͉͇͕̘̞̮͆̏̊̅̾̃͑̇͊̾́̽̈́͆?̸̜̫̻̠̤̈́̈́͑̈̊̚̚͜ ̶͖͓͕͙̮̪͇̼̻̾̂̎͛̏̈́̆̀̂̕͜͝I̷̦̹̪̱̻̘͘͜ ̵̢̺̠̭̈́͒w̴̨̫̲͕̙̥̤͐̃̅͒̔͗͌̆̀̍̓̐̕ǐ̴̡͖̙̠͉͉͚̥̥͇̊̃͑̈̆͂̈́̔͠͝͝ĺ̵̬͎̫̐̑͝l̸̪̲͎̖̝̯͂̓̊ͅ ̷̡̗̥̪͍̥͋͌̋͂͊̽̕ͅb̸̧̭̝̳̰̹̠́̒̑͜è̵̪̐̽̊͊͌̐̾͐́̚ ̸̨̧͔̼̙̳̮̰̻̿́͂̀̽͐̌̀̍͝w̸̖̪̮̜̘̓̈́ͅi̸̥̩̜̪̜͇̼̗̾̈́̀̏͑̈́̋̐̂͜ẗ̸̯͎̙̪̝͓̝̗̘́͜ͅḣ̸̢̤̗͉̳̹̪̞̳͆̊̊͗̅̑̽̚͝ͅ ̸̦̈̾̅͒͜y̶̨̖̱̰͔̗̼̝̣͔̬̮̤̾̋̋̃͗͒́͜͝ǫ̴̱̖̬̱̏̚ų̸̡̫̜̻̞͓͈͚̖͕̝͂͆̆̉͐̒͗͗̃̀̈̕͜͝ ̵͚̽͆̍̿́͒̀̄̆̓t̸̘̼͎̞̥̟͉̖͚̞̲̝̦͋́͒͆̚͜i̴̧̗̯͓͇̬̫͓̤͓̪͂̋͗̾͆͐̈͌̆̍͊́̈́̚͝ͅl̶̮̻̯̖͍̐̿͂͛̄̏͆́͋̿͒͐̆̂͛l̶̨̘̬̝͉̲̘̏͋͊̆̀́͂̇̽̒̕͝ ̵̡̘̩͈̲̲̟̲̞̍̌̐̋̓̈̈́͗͋͂͝͝ͅt̷̨̨͕͓͖̖͕̘͍͓̪̆͋̍̀̈́̈́͗͌̑͝͝h̷̟̣̰̜̰̋̔̔̄̎̍̂̏̓̾̽͘͘̕è̷͙̘͋̈́̉̒̎̓̐ͅ ̶̨̤̩͈̬͇̠̮͇͗̓̎̿́̒͐̽̓̂͘e̶̩̱͕͋́̍̐̅͛̑̑̆͐͆̀̉̓͐n̵͕̜̺̱̦̭̹͕̣͖̖̠̣̏͐̊̀͂͌͜d̷̨͕̪̖͌͜s̵̳͔̩̱̻̩̓̏́͗̂̀̍͛͝ ̷̭͔̘̘̩̈́̋̄̊́̈͘̕ơ̷̜̓̅̔͐̇͒͋̅̉͠f̵̨̥̘̫̪̩̱̱̄̽̈̿̉̊͘͠ ̴̛͉̘̺̈̀̿̓͐̓̒͘͠t̶̨̧̩͇̘͉͚͚̟̘̮͉̯͇͕͊̑̐͒͛̋̊̌͊̑̈̐̕͘h̴̨̢̭̺̻̯̘͔̤̺͍̗̀̿͌͘ę̴̖̹̹̰͎̞͚̥̓́̒̆̔̏͐ ̴̧̛̩͎̦̺̳̣̘͉̠̦͑̍́̇̊͊̈̚e̵̛̲̽̂̉́͂̾̆̋̓̒̇̚͝a̶̡̢͎̝͎͇͉̟͖̗̥͙͖͚̺̒͒̀͒́͌̑͌́̂͝͝r̸̨̧̛̹̹͕̲͍̭͓̗̗͒̀́͑̂̉̐͒͠t̶̡̧͚̳͍̼̳̭̣̦̲͉̿̈̀̇ͅh̸͚̹̙͖̓͒̑͋͒͌͛̿̊̅͋̍.̵͓͕̳͕͛͗̒̿̊͌̕͜

̵̨͔̰̦̠̫̬̮͇̬̬͓̈́̂̂̒̐̑̔̓͜À̴̳͖̞͇̟̰͊̎͑̇̄͗̈́ļ̷̢̢̰̭̰̜͇̟͚̼͔̌l̴͖̱̾͐̂̉́̀͊̚͝ ̶̜̭̻͉̥̗̬̣͓̥͇̖̤͚̤̈̅͌I̸̡̻͎̯͍̰̥̦͕̒̑̈́͐̂̇̈́͝ͅ ̶̰̝̘̈̇̓̀̌̈́̀̀͊͆̀͜͠͝w̸̛͉̳̺̿̓̈͐͂͛́́̏̚ä̶̡̠̖́̊͋̿͛͒́͌̀̕͝ͅn̴̡̡̛̮͙̺̼̙̳̎̊̕ͅt̴͈̥̘̙̘͉͙̹̮̻̬͛̋͑̂̏̑͗͜͠ ̶̢̇̈̇̈́͛̚͝f̸̡̡̢͈͈̬̲̯̰̙͇̼̙̭͆̿̉͜͝r̴̡̨̨̬̮̝̘̟̼̫͂̔͑̀̏͐̎̽̈́̓̏̍͜͜͠͝ò̸͈͈̭̟́̏̄̆̓͌̂̑̄̊̌̔̅͠ͅm̴͖̼͇͖͍̣̤̼͋̍̚̚ͅ ̵̪̜̩̂͌̋͋̀̆͂̏̇̍̾̀̉̄͝ý̴̛̤̳̫̦͈̣̈̀͋͐͛̅͘o̵̳̩̖͋͑̍̈́͌̅̌̌͠ú̵̼̪̟̿̂ ̶̡̤͈̫̱̫̗̮͕͗́̌̀̿̅͠ͅi̶̭͖̝͉͈͔̪͙͂͌̕ͅș̶̢̯͍̼͍̲̘̆̽̉̎̃̇̐͆͒͑̂̕̚ ̷̡̩͉̲̼̖̦̹͍̭̹̜̖̜͉̏͛̒̑̐̓̈͒͠͠͝t̸̨̛̝͈͙͉̣̲̻̜͂́̈́̉̅̀͐͊̾͂̚͜ơ̶̧̰͙̠̺̞͖̻̭̺̟̣̞͌̀́̀̈́̎͗̉̐̀́́ ̴̲͖̘̤̖͔̱̥̹̭̲͈̀͗́́́̓̓̓̅̒̌̌͛͌̕l̵̡͍̰̗͇̘̳̬̠͚͇̊́͌̐͊̒̕͠é̵̫̲̫̬̲͔̩̑̋̍͒͊̏̾͂̍̊̅͒̈̑t̶̲̦̠̰̺̼̎͊͂͛͝ ̸͈̲̝̖̳̖͉̜̫̰͉̇ͅm̴̢̨̛̗̙͓̞̪̑̍͛̃͐͑̃̓͗̊̎̚͘͝e̴̺̽̈͒̌̏̀̾̈́͝͝͠ ̷̢̥̥̗̦̲̳̪͓̾̈͂͛͠f̸͓̤̭͍̗̥̿̓ḛ̸̡̧̨̛̜̠̲̻̻̜͎̫̬͚͋̇̽͐̓̾̐͝a̵͎͚͉͒̂̀͗͂͌͐̄̍͌̽̂͘͠͝s̵̡̧̲̥̻̝͍̱̪̹̠̾̎̊̉̍̔̂̿̚͘͜͜ͅt̶̛͕͖̍̓͊̂̓̃͊̀̆̕͠ ̷̻̼̜̩̥̹̜̝̬̩̽̊̎̈́̈́́̄̓̉̊͠ͅo̵̢̨̗͖̹̙̜̰͚̖͋͑͑̈͌͊̄̈́͋̇̌̄̚n̵̫͓̙̺͚̝͔͖͍̝̤͓͚͗̓̅̋͑̆̎̑̓̏͆͋͐ ̵̢̦̘̳̜͓̦̜̰͚̜̖̮̖̦̈́͗̋̎̋̊͗́͗̈́ṭ̵̙͈̰̲̭͕̀͗̑͆̔́̒̎̽̽̋̿ḣ̷͉̮̠͐͌̽͐͒͊̈ö̸͔̩͈̯̭̮́̆̄̅͊̾̐̈́̇̐̀̇s̶̤͍͓͙̖͌ę̵̨͕̠͓̻͌̃̿̍̓̀͑͑̈̎̀͝͝ ̶̢̨̛͇͓͇͓͙̯͖͓̀́̿̋͑̚̕ͅw̷̧̢̞͍̜̜͖̞̥̾͑h̷̺̪͚̘̲͇̼̥̰͚̘͇̲̖̬̓̃͋̊̅o̷̧̙̤̫̰͍̞̹̠̬̣̭̣̫͌͑̋͜ ̷̡̡̧̛̤͎̭̲̬͚̞̼͖̥̗̻̄̓̅̎̽͛͆̀̋̃̈́̓͒͠h̷͕̉͆͛̿a̸̝͚͓͙̝̱̪̯͍̝̜͙̣̼̙̓͑̎͒̍̈̆̈́̓v̸͉̙̦̟̱̖̟̖̿̌̏̏́͌̈́̊̐͆̅͜e̴͉̫̼̘͉̝̞͓̮̣͍̻̍̇͜ ̷̢̨̛̤̦̯̰̭̱̫͕̼̯̂̋̍͘w̶̦̝̗͇͒̾̇̂͌͘̚͝ͅr̴̪̔̔͗͒̿͘o̵̢̦͙̭̹̥͔͚̦̼̲̤̱̬̍̂̔̓̄̍͑͒̏͐̈́͝ͅņ̴̡̺͓̥̫̟͍̘̰̙̹̞̲͉͑̈͒̕͘ģ̴̣̗͙̘̖̃͊̏͑̓͑̊̅͜͝͝e̸̦͓̗͔̟͓͕̹̺̰̘̬͆̆̀͆̽͌̓͗̋͐̒͑͘͘͜͜d̴̡̨̢̥̯̠̱͚͎̠̠̩͓͙̓̆̽͂̎͛̓̚͝ ̸̲͖̦͉͎̙͍̐̑ͅỵ̴̧̨̢͖͓͓̱̫̭̫̱̰͒̅ͅơ̶͓͓͇̜̹̹̳͙̄̃̄̍̔̆́̕͠ͅų̸̡̞̣̫̣̪̝̞͚͕̥̘̺̺̇̾̂̎.̷̩̦̜̔̋̽̈́́́̍͑͋̌̈́̀̇̚͜ ̸̲͑̓̋͑̈́́̽͂͘Ẁ̵̢̹̭̲̖́̉̏̎ë̵̢̖̣͓́͝ ̶̛̟͉̃͑̐͠͠c̸̡̡̬̹̤̪͇̦̪̦̈́͂͋̅͑̾̅́́͊̔͒͒̓̕͜ͅo̵̢̺̰̺̲̱̺̖͉̫̘̐̽̚ú̵͇͙̟͌̐̆́̇͐̐̽̈́̔͋̕͠ͅl̷͎̭̈́̔̋d̶̡̢̧̟̼̤͓̟̰̏̅̓̑́̊̓͋̓͗͆͝͝͝͝ ̸̢̛͇̗͖̽͑̃̊̑̈̈́̐͑͊̔͘̕̚s̵̹̘͎̖̿͑̏̍̏͒͗̋̒͛̉́̚͝͝ͅͅt̸͙͚̘̬͚̯͚̜͖̦̕͝a̴̹͕̓̇̇̔̇̓̑͐̾̄̈́̂̇͝͝ř̶̢̢̤̗̭̰̬̞̉̓͗͊̍͆̚̚t̵̜̗̖̹̗̮͈͉̱̰̣̄̋͜ ̵̧̙̃̚b̷̛̰̄̈́̌̊̃̋̌y̴̡̨̰̖͈͈̣̻͉͖̭͉̖͑͌͜ ̸̢͖̖͇̥̪̞̗̫͚̖́̏̔̈́͑͆̅̌̃̽̑̐͝͝͝g̴̨̛͔͚̯̦͎͓̻͎̳̘̬͒̀̍́͗̽̾̆̒̈́͋̒̚͜͝ę̶̟̲̻̳̰̣͎̲̥͖̓̅̈ͅͅͅt̸̨̢̛̯̲̐̀t̴͈͗̄̋̆͘ͅį̴̤͇͎̘̠͖͇̬̙̘̳̔n̸̲̩̞͕̼͕̥͔͙͖̫̝̳̮͊̃͑̎̇͗̓̈̋͝͝ͅg̷̛̣̳̣̪̪̦̩̝͊̐́̆̿̊͗͌̂͘͝͝ ̶̧̗͎̯̻͈̮̘͚̙͔̝̣̾̍̅̓̔́̕͝͠r̶̼̝̥̟͇̝̙̤̠͌͋͊͒̈e̵̛̳͔̰̗͋̂̋̋̉̄́͗̿̿͒v̵̻̲̟̪̻͌ę̶̩̗̞͓̜̬͙̗̟̫̙̠͔̝̽̽͋̑̾̈͆̍͘͝n̴̳̣̹̙̞̳̮͌g̸̱̹͕̣̭̗̤̘̽̇̓̽̿́̄̑̒͌̊͛̎̎̃͜e̶̛̞̮͉̊̓͂͌͋̈́̇̇͠ ̸̦̗̣͎̘̹̫̌̌̽ô̸̢̻̄̀͊n̴̛͖̭͉̞̳̭̮̥̺̹̜̘͉̿̃̽͐̀̑͛͌̍̅̽ ̸̮̮͎̦̘͐t̷̡̗̙͕̮͇̙̜̦͈̳̠̺̄͜h̸̡̧̗̹̣̩͔̹̖̪̞̼͓͔͂̓͑ä̷͖̍̄͘t̴̤̐̎͗̀ ̵̢̹̘̱̘͚̰̻̋̇̂́̒̊̅̚͠m̸̢̛͈̳͒̎̄͊̈́͊̄̄͘͝a̶̮͇͚̘̻͉̦̘̣̣̔͗n̷̝̙̆̐̿͑̉̐͌̀͊́͗ ̸̢̟̲͚͓̘̞͓̹̤͓̩̯͎̲̇̏͌̊̀́͛̈́̓̆̄̾͒̌w̴̠͙̱̱̣͔̠̻̫̖̲͑̉̍͐͌h̶̙̪̹͔͜͝o̴͙͌ ̷̧̧̛̹̫͕̦͎̝͍̜͍͔̟͖̈́́̆͊͐̊̋͑̉̈́͌̀̚ļ̴̛̯̪̓͌͂̔e̵̘̺̺̦͎̿͒̑̑͂f̴̗͖̼̲͈̏t̸̝̹͎͙͉̮͋͊̆̈͛́ͅ ̶̧̡̦̗͕̦̥̪̭̣͛́͂͌̐̀́̅̔͛̈́̉̊̃̀͜y̷̟͍̘̯̺̪̜̟̩̔̔̊͗̈́͗̀̏̃̔͛̾̕͝o̷̢͚̳̥̘͌͆̑̎͛̈̋͂͋̓̚u...

“No! I don’t want revenge, you hear me!” Niran exclaimed to the voice in her head. A few people froze and looked over in the direction where the noise came, before shortly returning to their personal tasks. Niran thought she would be able to sulk in peace if she left the violin at her room, yet the voice in her head continued to torment her.

Ö̷͈̩̱̮̱̼͍́̽̅͜f̷̨̱̱͂͋͂͑̔͒̌͆͑͗͠͝ ̷̛̛̠̼̠̔̈́̈́̅͊̈͋̽͘͠ç̴͔̰̺̼̱̼̦̠̪̥̎ỏ̸̲̲͎̭͎͉͖͛̓̋̑̿ų̸͙͈̰͓͛͋̏̋̀̾̆̑̀͝͝r̶̢̢̡̛̭̙̯̰̘̘̘̞̝̘̽̋̑̈́͌̕͜ṧ̵̨̛̯̭̯̣̂̑̊̿̉e̴͚͆ ̸̧̝̗̻̊̋̽̿̊̑̄ͅĪ̸̢͚̘͔̲͉̺̀ ̶̨̛̠͈̘̯̯̗̯̪̓̋͛͋̕͘͝͝w̸͍̤͇̘̭̞͎̫̫͙͇̮͚̓̈́̈́͆̐͝o̸͚̬̘̅̀̍̿̓̐̂̂̉͋͒͑͊̕̚ü̴̬̫͖̳͖͎͙̬̳̈́͋͒̐̇̐̊ͅļ̴̮̕d̸̢̡̡̛̹̼͖̼̥̻̠̈́̀̐͆͂̈́̾̒͑͐̃͜͜ ̵̤̏́̓̽́̊̓̐́̒n̶̨̼̘͖̺̳͓͍͔̥̹̰͐͜ͅĕ̵̖͙̔̽̌͑͋͝v̷̧̧̟͚̮̯̟̞̪͇̲̻͗̉̆̂͒̽͝ͅͅȅ̶̳͚̠͐̏͆ŗ̷̛́̔̌͋̀͘̚ ̴͍̣̭̻̣̝̘͖̼̟͊̌̈́̀̾̒̄͊̈́͐͘͜ͅl̷̢͎͙̗͈͔̰̩̦͚̹̹̦͒̈́̈́̔ͅę̸̜̱͖͕͙͕̩͇̣͙̤̣̫̍̐ǎ̴̧͚͎̟̯̬̫̳͓̦̈́̈́͐̚̚ͅv̵̢̬͚͙̮͕͇̠̗̝̲͖̮̇͂̒̍͂̚e̶͓̩̭̠͍̮͈̋͋͑͑̎̚ ̶͚̠̘͙̮͍̤̈́́͆̓͆̂̋̄́̈́̕̕y̷̧̛̩͓̦̬̬̙͊̅͗͂͗͊͘̚o̷̡̜͚͉̞̝̪̠̝̤̬͈͂̌̄̎̃̉̃͊͘͝u̵̢̪̹̼̼͐̾̃͊͗͂́,̴̖̪̜̮̯̫̰̤̲͚͌͑̍̅̅̈̑̈́̏̿̀̃͆͒͆ͅ ̵̨̞̜̺̬̤̺̮̮̮̪͕͖͖̈́̏̍̌̌͋̀̀́d̸̺͙̭̥̮̮̖̻̝͙̮̘̻̘̔̏͊̿a̴͎̮̬̜͓͕̺͕̔́̿̅̌̔͌͠ȓ̵̨̼̙͔̗̣̰̖͙̽͐̿͛̿̍͌̐̈̚ͅl̶̙͕͌̋ͅi̶̞͚̫̻͎͓̦͗͊̒̌͝͝n̵̡̢̡͕̜̗͓͙͉̺͊̑̑̈́͂̓́̔̈́g̶̢̡̞͖̯͖̫̫̎̾͛̉͛͒̓͐͘.̵̡̜͎̓͒͒̂́̏̒̍͑̌̒̕̚͜ ̸̘͖̭̹́̈́́̉̔̆̄́͂͝͠W̵̼̺̓̓̃̔̓̓̊͑̔̾͠ę̷͙̯̯̗̪͕͉̭͖͐̀̐ ̶̨̧͕̫̗̫̺̬̺͉̠͐̈a̵͔̥̝̝͚̖̩̱̜̤̟͊͐͜͜ͅr̴̨͇̞̦̱͖͍̹͓̬̫̒͐͐̊̈́͊̄͝͝͝͝ę̷̢͇͖̠̗͔̬͙̬̻̏͒͆̑̍̍̔̔̾̊̈́͝͝ͅ ̵̘̬͚̘͉̈͌̀̃b̴̛͇̱͓͕̝̞̫̮̘̲͙̀̓͛͐͊̓̓͋̅̊̓͘͘̕o̴̤̠̫̼̲̰̅͊̓̀͝͝͝ǹ̶̲̖̯̠̜̗͖̎̍̾̾̃̆͑͂̈́̓̆̈́̅d̶͙̻̖̰͓͍͕͙͖̭͕̳͍̮̂͊́̄͛͒̓̓e̶̟̙̮̞͆͒́d̶̢̧̗̹̺͚̼̣̕͜ ̶̢̥͈͙̰̺̽̍͆̔̊̕͠͠o̶̡͉̖̱̮̾́́́̀͑͆͋͑̏̾͝n̵͖̠̝͎͍̭̤̞̦̻̰̍̈́̀̋̆̇̇͛͛̐ ̴̡̬̻̮͔͓̠̎̕m̸̫̮̈̀̃̈́̈́̋̓͒͋͐̀͒́̔o̶̢̟̰͇̺̝̹̳̝͒̆͒̾̊̇͋̂́̂̓́̚͠r̴͉͈̗̄̽̕e̵͚̦̗͙̾̔̌̋̌͗̔̓̔͜ͅ ̷̛̝͉̳̲̣̇͛̂̏͝͝t̷̨̉̅̆̽͒̽̍̿̾͆͗͘͝͝ḧ̵̛͓́͆̀͐͆̒̀͘͘̚̕ą̵͚̰͖̱̟͉̺͍̮͑̏ǹ̴̛̘̑̒̓̌̾͋̅̆̚̚͠ ̷͈͍͙̻̝̞̼̽̈̆̈́̈̑́̃̄͜ͅả̴͈͖͎̟̰̥̖̟͕̯͌̊̈́̎́̎̆͆̚͝͝ ̴͚̯̞̐͌̈́̊̊̿̓̂̓̋̓͘͜m̶̪̼͎͇̾̈́̄́̄̓͌̔̒́̔̚ē̵̡̛̠͔͇͍͈͔͕̾͛̐͘r̶̨͖͙͔̬̬͎͓̎͌̈́̀̀̓͂̃̌́́͆͐͠ę̶̲̗̖̬̯̥̐͋̿ͅ ̴̧̛̪͇̜̖̘̜͕͚̜̝̟̟̈́̒̑͛̔̇̈͋̀̐͘͝p̴̧͕̥͉̬̭̟̮͍͖͓̺̘̟̺̈́͝ḩ̷̾̊̈́̉̓̔̐̈́̐͛̀̋̚̚y̷̹̺̳͌́̐s̴̢̪̹̠̬̝̪̞͇͒̈́͒̓̏̈́ͅḭ̴̡͔̥́̓̏̾́c̸̨̛̫̟͇̼̳̣̮̩̠͖̙̝̖̙̿̈́̉͂͂̍̀͝a̷͇̤̮̩̓̐̓̍̓̍̐̈̈́̿̈́l̴͇͈̮͗́̌́̂̆͘͘ ̴̧̢̬̹͕̹̳͓̭̳̋ĺ̷̨͎͖͎͕͉̲̙̦̈̓̓́͠͠͝ͅͅȩ̴̮̝̼̳̏̎̓͜v̸̛̩̝̀̆̂́̎̑͂͋̏͐̚è̴̡̻̫̝͕͉͕̒͐̓̑͊͛̚͠l̶͚̦̩̅͌̽̑̓̈.̴͍͍̥̏ ̵͓̯͔̦̰͖̘̹̲̿̄͋̕ͅŞ̵̖̟̘̣͎͓̬̗̌̈́̿̓̈̀͘ͅò̴̢̳̥̥̮̫̞̌̇͋̍̿͆̆̇̐̉͠͝͝͠ ̴̰͘l̶̛̥͇̻̰̩̉͊̆̽̔̇̿̓͘ŏ̶̩̺̜̪̑̾͒̆̏̀͐̎͘͘̚ͅͅn̴̡͇̼̯̹̞̘͑̇̅͆͐͒̾̃͛g̶̤̬̦̼̪̅͆̊̓̊͊̉̾̓̀͗́ ̸̡̱͍̠͍̈́̽̓͑̀̎̈́͌̽͘͝͝ā̸͈͉̉̌̏́͠ͅs̴̡͚̳͔͖͖̾̇̅̈́̉̂̌ ̵̡̡̰̩̫̞̊y̷̛̠͎̰͈̹̻̞̣͙̬̥̖̔̑̀̉̒͠ͅo̷̢̗̬̤̪̜̳͍̼̟̐͝ͅu̵̡̪͗͊̊̐̔̇̏̏̈́̎͆͝͝͝ ̸̤͊̿͠͠l̶͕̭͂̊̿͒i̷̞̩͒̅̉̀̿́v̶̢̙̬͔̬͍͍̻̪͎̗̖͇̌̾̒͘͜ͅę̸̡̢͓̘̮͔͒̾̍̾̎͌ͅ,̷̭̜͉̘̐̋͆̋̊̿͜ ̶̬͈̭̞̜̬͓̦̤̮̖͉͇͑̋̉̉͒̈́͘͝w̷̦̲̫͐̈́͑̔̋̉̇͐͂̈́̈́̓̆̚͝e̸̫̻͐̀ ̷̡̟̟̤͔͎̳͒̿̀̔̃͆̾͋́͑̓w̴̨͎̟̩̗̠̫̮̑́̽̑̆̅̍̚͘ͅị̵̢̡̛͔̱̺̜̦̘̲̻͈̋͌͛̉̈̍l̶̛̞̮̍̓͐̌̑̆͑͜͝l̷͈̱̜̭̳͇̺̠̟̯͔̹̒̅̄͐͆͒͌͠ ̴͓̳̗̲̥̊̋͌ͅb̶̢̻͕͖͍̻͆̓̇͐̒̓̋̄ͅȩ̷̠̦͚͖̳͇͂́̈̏̒ ̵̢̛̲̝̲̘͉̠͇̠̲̏̏̓͒̏̍̉̉̈̌̕͘ͅţ̸͈͎̳̟̩̺̥̝̞̹̲̕ô̶̹̯̥̩̗͚̭͈̪͑͊͋̿̐́͝g̷̨̯̭̰̣̩̝̓̋͂͌̎̕ę̵̤͚̼̼̼͇̝͊͑͐̾́͗́ť̵̨͙̰͓̩͇͉͕̭̊̅̿̔͐̓̀̓͌̈́̎̚͘ͅh̴̢̪̬̭͍̹̯̎̊̈̌͐e̵̽͊͌̃̽̓̀̒̐̚͠ͅr̶̡̗̣͕̳͓̗̪̲̓̀́̐͆̆͐̓̇̃̽̚͜͠͠ ̴̛͈̦̆̄̑̀͛f̵̫̊͐͐̈́̓̂̌͐͐̓̕̚͝ȍ̵̬̳̿̏̂̃̋̕͠ŕ̶́͌́͜ë̴̢̺̦̟͍̭̞́͜v̵̟͉̳́̿̓̿͛̚̕͠e̶̢͈̻̥̱̮̫̪̜͍̱͚̻̅̅͑̑͑̃͒͘͠r̶͖͉̓͛̎̀͆̀̈́̄̂͒!̷̉

“Shut it.” Niran muttered in her breath. She continued to watch the pandemonium, uninterested in the drama that occurred on the streets, until she saw a certain, peculiar duo making a scene with a rather rude merchant… 

(To be continued)

• edited July 2020
    It was in the evening at the particular's smuggler hideout within the city. The hideout was literally located in the sewer due to the unstable political condition caused by different factions that were occupying the city. Plus a shady smuggler that appeared out of nowhere would only causing more questions and problems.

"You know, I'm still kind of unsure about this whole deal." Remarked the ronin flatly as she was preparing her stuffs and armaments. A bag, coin pouches, regular pouches, knives, throwing stars, grappling hook, and most importantly a handheld crossbow along with dozens of crossbow bolts and a vial of venomous substance.

"Keep in mind that we need the angel to be alive so that the ritual can be performed."

"A kidnapping mission, hm. How refreshing." Jelene rolled her eyes while examining her small crossbow, then shoot an empty barrel with a regular bolt with one hand.

"It's only precise in a short range. And the poison needs time to work." Explained the merchant as he inputted the destination onto the shimmering globe of the orrery-like portal device. He, was also wearing the portable one in the form of Kaladeshi ornate golden gauntlets. Although due to the limited capacity of the aether battery, the gauntlet can only be used to open a portal once in the exact same plane, so the user would need to recharge the aether battery each time the gauntlet was used.

"This should be not too far, the portal will be opened in the nearby forest of the capital city of Teurona. And the capital should be at least have one big cathedral of that angelic order." He then tossed another rechargeable portal-gauntlet device to the ronin.

Jelene caught it and nodded. Then she silently put the device in her bag and raised her cloak to cover her head. The humming portal device emitted the feeling of dread due to the difficult mission that had to be done within a matter of days, despite of her many experiences in slaying spiritual entities in Kamigawa before. 

A shimmering hole in the space then projected by a small ball-like projector in front of the device, and moments later, both of them were gone in the dark of the night, followed by a closing rift of a portal.

(Art by Artur Treffner)
  • edited August 2020
    Match 4 - Introduction

Dakros was walking with haste towards where they seem to have landed, but he was not the only one interested. Around him, many of the citizens, where also heading in the same direction  while keeping a safe distance from Dakros. "Who are they?" "It was a Dormanian royal!" "Why are they here?" "I must see this!" the people where chattering or shouting around Dakros. Dakros headed past houses and as he came out of the last alleyway to the market, he saw them just on the other side. Dragons

The closest one was just a Yellow-grey Mandylon Dragon. The most common of the dragon breeds chosen by their riders. It was clearly a young one as well, probably not even more than twenty years old and only 25 feet (7,6 meters) long. It was not a dragon that interested Dakros, but the other one did. Behind the Mandylon dragon stood what could be nothing else but a black Dormanian royal, a breed that not even Dakros had seen personally. This one was twice as old and much larger than the younger dragon. 
    Dakros moved closer to them, through the gathering of people that made it easier for him by avoiding him.

As Dakros came close enough to the dragons but not too close to raise unnecessary suspicion. They were turned away from him whey they were drinking from a watering trough. The temptation of a Dormanian royal was too great even for Dakros to resist. 
    Dakros raised his hand towards the Royal and began to drain its life force. It was clear almost immediately that it did not work somehow as the Royal was unbothered by the attempt. To see if his powers had not failed him he turned to the Mandylon instead.   
    The dragon feel to the ground, grasping for air. The citizen gathering backed away as the Royal turned around and roared at Dakros. "A great example of their protective nature for their pack as the alpha dragon." Dakros thought. 

A door burst open a short distance away and a young woman with long blonde hair and armor came running out. Obviously the rider of the Mandylon dragon. "Father!" She shouted to someone inside. Dakros ended his action and walked away. "I don't have time to deal with the rider of a Dormanian Royal, and by the way, I have a real fight in less than thirty minutes." He thought to himself. Before the rider came out, Dakros was already gone. 

----------- 30 minutes later ------------

"Let the fourth match of the tournament begin!" said Valierielle

• edited August 2020
    Match 4 - Fight!
    @fire12 vs @CassZero
     VS                                        

Flames and sparks were thrown all over the arena to the sound of clashing metal and the vanishing of fire elementals. General Artiem was enjoying a glass of red wine as he witnessed the fight. Dakros was terrifying with his black armor, fire drenched blade and raging fire elementals, but Aeryun seemed to handle herself quite well with her runic abilities.

"General, sir!" said a soldier that just came onto the balcony. Artiem looked at the soldier without putting away his drink. "Two dragonrider knights have just arrived and they want to talk to you." Artiem raised his eyebrows and put aside the drink. "Let them in." 
    The soldier saluted and walked out again. The audience began to cheer and applaud to something happening in the fight.   

A little later, the soldier came back leading the two knights. He gave salute and then he disappeared again. "Lionus! Finally a man of dignity, strength, honor and skill in this hole called city. Artiem stood up from and approached the knights by shaking their hands. "And this must be that girl you found." "Zenaida is my daughter, general" Lionus said.
    "Ah forgive me, your daughter of course. May I offer some refreshments." The other nobles and officers looked surprised at Artiem. Some had known him for decades but never heard him apologize for anything to anyone but the king or the field marshals. The audience shrieked. Flames where thrown upwards from the walls with the sound of cracking stone. Lionus and his daughter sat down and where soon given something to drink by a servant.

"How was your travel, I must ask." Artiem asked. "Calm with no problems either from the weather nor people. That is until just after we have landed in his, hole that you call it. Someone was messing with our dragons" Lionus said. 
    "Someone did? We shall immediately find this criminal and arrest him, or her." 
    "I think you already have and it seems as if he is already being dealt with." Lionus said as he nodded towards Dakros who just broke down a stone pillar that Aeryn was hiding behind to breath. 

"Dakros? But he is winning this fight?" Artiem said.
    "We'll see about that. In the end no harm was done so I see no gain in punishing him. Enough about that, I was sent here for a reason." 
    "Yes indeed. It seems that the boy which deserves to die is here in Vosanova."
    "I shall found him and bring him to the king, alive." 
    "You are the expert." 
    "Have you gathered any more information about my target?" Any clues of his hideout?"
    "Some clues that are not much more than rumors indicates that he is heading towards Ovan Nova from the east. It is also believed that he have gathered many Ovans under his command." 
    "Then I have lead. I will head towards Ovan Nova tomorrow." Lionus drank the last of his wine and stood up. 
    "You're already leaving? The match is not over yet?"
    "It is now." Lionus said and walked out from the balcony with his daughter following. 

Artiem took a sip from his glass and smirked as the audience began to cheer and applaud.

"The fourth match is over and we have our winner!" 
  • edited August 2020
    Match 4 - Winner!
    @CassZero

Congratulations!
    Aeryn finally managed to break through fire and metal with her runic blade and thus she  takes home the fourth match of the tournament and is thus moved to the second stage
    @CassZero you may now choose to improve Aeryn's card to a max cmc of 5 or add an additional signature or companion card.

@fire12
    Sadly, Dakros did not achieve victory today. But do not be sad for that. 
    It has been great having Dakros here in the tournament and I hope to hear more from you and Dakros. 
    You may now write the aftermath to Dakros' story in the tournament. What will he do now and what will his future plans will be. 
    I also hope you want to stay and continue participating in the tournament, even if by just reading what is happening. 

Tournament update
    Match 5 between Pan and Efilia will take place in the prison dungeon. 
  • Dakros laid down, after the battle was over. He had lost. What was he going to do now? How could he beat Melkor when the dragons were after him and he had lost to a random knight? Dakros's rage and hatred of Melkor slowly left him. He knew what he would do. He would rebuild his home, and spend the rest of his life in peace. As he smiled at this thought, his ever hungry power saw Dakros's rage leave him, and now saw Dakros as weak. Nobody heard Dakros's screams as he was devoured by his own power.
  • @fire12 what a metal way to go. I love it
  • edited August 2020
    Efilia sat on the bed of the room she'd been staying in, her hands in tense fists on her lap. The time for her match had nearly come, and what had she, with zero prior combat experience spent her time doing? Reading. Not training, not practicing, not even doing anything she'd wanted to do with her time away from the massive library she'd tend to. No, she'd spent all her time cooped up in here, hardly even eating, to read. Efilia scowls, disappointed in herself. Why had she made this journey, come all this way, sign up in some tournament if all she was gonna do was the same old thing she'd done the past ten years?
    She tosses her book, Ebb and Flow, to the side. With a huff she stands up, her diminutive stature undermining what would otherwise be a tense moment, and makes her way out the door. She wasn't sure what time it was, besides that it wasn't especially bright out, and began tromping down the road. Apparently she'd caught her guide by surprise, because she'd made it several minutes before they caught up with her.
    "Miss Efilia, it is odd to see you out and about at this hour... or at all."
    "Hmph. I had to come out of there sometime. Please, guide me to the nearest eatery." Her voice was uncharacteristically stern, a stark contrast to her typical quiet nature. "I wish to dine upon the local cuisine. If I'm to lose, I may as well make the most of my time here." Despite the fact she was supposed to be being guided, she took the lead as they walked, her coat swaying in the breeze behind her.
    It was several hours later, and it had descended into late evening. Efilia and her guide finally returned to where she had been staying. The journey had been an unfortunately stressful one for her guide, with her regularly badgering them about seeing some of the sights. What was originally a simple walk to a meal had become a massive errand of a tour. With a small bow and a "thank you" Efilia dismissed her guide and returned into her temporary dwelling.
    If she was going to prepare, she needed some privacy, away from prying eyes. She fetches Ebb and Flow from its place on her bed and sets it down, open to a page, on the floor. She kneels down in front of the book and holds up her hand, looking over her relatively flawless palm. With her other hand she brings her thumb with its sharp nail to her palm. With a wince, a little pressure soaks it in a bright crimson red, drops falling to the floor. If she was going to practice for the fight and be ready, this would have to be a sleepless night.
  • "You seem on edge."

Brynn kicked at a stone in the pavement. "The last Medirnian contestant was destroyed from the inside out. I've never seen anything like it in my life. So, yes, I'm a little on edge."

Brynn and Skadi were along the pavement in the center of the city. Despite the commotion brought on by Brynn's presence, they were making good time. Brynn was walking so Skadi could act as her guide.

"Weren't you in an order?" Skadi asked. "This seems common."

"It isn't," Brynn grumbled. "That's why I hate it. A champion is dead, and I hate the fact, even if he didn't have a great disposition."

"Hmm." Skadi nodded. "What about your order?"

"I'm sure they'd know," Brynn said. "There's just the little problem that I left that behind 80 years ago, and there's probably some resentment."

"80?"

Brynn shrugged. "Give or take 5...years..."

Skadi followed her gaze up to the temple. It loomed above the two, like an omen. The afternoon sun covered them with its shadow.

"Want to go in?" Skadi said after a while.

Brynn shook her head. "No. I wouldn't fit."

"You're an angel."

"And? You're a human. I don't see what you're getting at."

"Well..." Skadi waved her hands awkwardly. "Don't angels...?"

Brynn laughed. "Even if we did, I still wouldn't fit. I left my order, remember? That was up north. I'm a stranger in a strange land, Skadi. All that up there..." She gestured up at the temple. "That's all I left behind. Down here, I'm in my element." Brynn looked Skadi in the eye. "Protecting people has been my job for the past few decades. Seeing someone be destroyed by whatever power they hold leaves a sour taste in my mouth." She turned away from the church. "I won't let another contestant die on my watch. Not if I can help it."

"Even Gwendolyn's?" Skadi asked softly.

"You can report that to your superiors if you want," Brynn said. "They know how to contact me if they don't like what I believe in."
  • edited August 2020
    @SpellPiper2213 (Uhh, I don't believe any champion has died... yet. Although if Brynn herself believes a champion died, then great job showing that in your writing!)
  • (Dakros declared his death @MonkeyPirate2002

• “I do not care if you were chosen to participate in the Tournament of Champions, you do not have any money, AND you are a filthy goblin. I hold the right to refuse service to anyone, and that most certainly includes you.” A rotund merchant spat, shaking the stand holding exquisite weaponry every time he shifted his weight.

“We don’t mean no ill harm to your establishment. All we’re looking for is some weapons to help in the upcoming battle.” The goblin replied. To Niran’s surprise, he was calm and collected, unlike the many rumours that spread through the city of the race’s rather crude nature. His friend, on the other hand, seemed to be more antsy, snapping around in all sorts of directions as if looking for a fight. She held a wooden stick in her hand, that upon closer examination resembled an… unlit torch? Niran kept a mental note to watch out for that goblin.

“Hmmph! As if you have anything of value to give me for one of my finest equipment. Did you think the title of champion gives you the right to beg in front of me?!” The merchant continued on.

“We goblins would never dare to plead for assistance; it would be a disgrace to our kind! Now, raiding this little stall on the other hand…” The merchant tensed up and lay his hand on his hilt, wary of the goblin’s nonchalant threat. “But! We are guests in this humble city. It would be rather rude of us to harm a citizen of our hosts’ home. Instead, we have come to trade. Gorchi, if you may?” The female goblin grabbed a crudely made pouch from her belt and passed it over to her companion. As he opened the pouch, the merchant’s face shriveled in absolute disgust, looking as though he was about to throw up.

“Aughhh! What is that monstrosity! It reeks of a stench so horrid that not even the garbage that the rats feast upon can compare!” The merchant exclaimed, attempting to back away from the cheese. Niran slightly pouted. She knew exactly whom he meant when he referred to rodents. 

“You dare not only insult the finest delicacy of our clan, but also my beloved Graagdord’s craftsmanship?! Perhaps we should burn your store to the ground for your insolence!” Gorchi lit her torch on fire and advanced towards the merchant. The merchant pulled his sword out and pointed it at Gorchi, yet she continued on, all the while Graagdord sighed.

Oh no! Those two are going to get in so much trouble with the guard! I don’t wanna see them end up in jail for having to deal with this jerk! Niran thought. ...Even if I will be fighting them eventually.

No matter! Certainly there’s no harm in helping a rival out! Niran happily thought as she skipped over to the two goblins and put her hands on each of their shoulders.

“Excuse me! I couldn’t help but overhear that you’re looking for someone to trade such a yummy food with. I know someone who could offer you what you want in exchange for that cheese!” Niran smiled, trying extremely hard to not gag at the smell.

“Wait, aren’t you that little runt of a rat who got into the Tournament?” The merchant said. “I heard that you're so filthy, not even the other rats want you in their pack!”

Niran forced her smile, not wanting to break in front of the fat bastard. “Are you sure you want to get in a scuffle with the guards? It’s more dangerous than ever with two sides taking some space in this city.” Niran whispered to the two goblins.

“Hmm, you’re right. Torchi, put down your torch. This pig is not worth our time.” Graagdord contemplatively said. Gorchi hesitated at first, then reluctantly extinguished her stick of fiery doom. The merchant gave a momentarily sigh of relief, which was responded with a dagger-like glare from the trio. “Now, if you wouldn’t mind, lead the way, miss…”

“My name’s Niran. Nice to meetcha!”

Once again, Niran skipped through the streets, leading the pair of rivals to an empty alleyway. Niran slowed down and walked up to a door that led into a slightly less abandoned-looking building. Above a sign swayed in the calm breeze, the name The Gluttonous Akon inscribed into it. Niran turned around and outstretched her arms, presenting the seemingly derelict house.

“This is the tavern the person you’re looking for lives in. Here, I’ll show you around the place!” Niran twirled around, grabbing the door and pulling it open, revealing the contents within…

(To be continued)

• @MonkeyPirate2002 ; [out of character: YES, I LOVE IT, thank you]
  • edited August 2020
    Summary - sixth page

The victory - first battle

Aeryn was exhausted, but happy. With her breathing returning to normal she took some soot off her face and noticed that one of the strands of hair that had fallen over her shoulder was lighter. The fight had consumed much of Aeryn's rune powers.
    Sounds of applause spread through the arena. She was anesthetized for having managed to win and turned slightly, starting to look for someone in the audience. Unsuccessfully.
    She turned her attention to Dakros to greet him for the beautiful and exhausting fight. Again unsuccessfully ... Aeryn didn't think Dakros was a bad person, but his face was one of anger and tension, a tension for revenge. Looking at the sword, she focused her thoughts on wishing the best for Dakros, regardless of where he was now.
    Amid the applause, some girls with some flowers and bandages entered the arena heading towards Aeryn. Renain, the guide, had hired some local clerics to take care of Aeryn's dressings if she was hurt too much in her victory ... or defeat.
    The girls circled Aeryn, removing soot from her skin, fixing her armor, without giving her a chance to breathe. In the confusion she saw a girl running towards her with a beautiful rose in her hands. With a smile Aeryn crouched down to receive the flower, which the young girl placed delicately in her hair.
    The applause continued for a while as Nyrea shone. Aeryn knew the sword wanted attention, too, so lift it as high as it could.

For the card I took some things into consideration
    1. As a knight, I embraced first strike mechanics.
    2. I changed '' or '' to '' and '' on Heroic.
    3. Nyrea slightly corrects the defect in Auras, so the sword deserves a little more protection from Aeryn.
    4. I improved hexproof according to the theme. A CMC seven would probably already have hexproof direct.
    5. Red has a lot of interaction with equipment and shows her weakness, which would be emotions.
  • edited August 2020
    "Room service?"

Yes-yes!

"Gods almighty, you've grown."

What doesn't grow, dies! Factually in us-us' case, our protoplasmautic essence shall lose its spontegrity and we shall melt into nothingness. And us-us havses/will havses no plans of losing our spontegrity and melting into nothingness!

"Eating Valentine certainly helped."

I still detect vocal bitterness! Must-must you be that neglative?

"Honestly? I don't know."

It was the most fantastical motivation!

"And now that she's a bloody paste swirling in your essence? It's funny how I still cling on to you. There was a time where clobbering you with that cudgel would have felt so good. Now I just can't care anymore."

Humans muchly define yourselves by your emotions, a confuglical insight indeed! Now weself have wringed you out like a filthy sponge, and now you have nothing to define yourself.

"I guess." 

Wanna see a piece of your she-spawn's mandible?

"No thanks."

slurp slurp slurp

"I do have one more question."

Whuzzat?

"Are you really just here for the Tournament?"

Nope!

"Figures."

I have the most squrturglific plans for this universe!

"Lovely."

Will it grant you solace knowing that you were a most crucial part of my squrturglific plans?

"Sure."

Yet much is left for us to implement. There is that delectable archivist battling tomorrow?

"Her name is Efilia (@Lujikul)"

Superbulous! Weself shall be most probably ensuring she succeeds during the skirmish...

At Her Majestys Behest
  • Nilani couldn't sleep.

Is this what I've come here for? To fight for people's pleasure? Is this what this tournament is about? No, no. I'm thinking about this wrong. How will this madness help me protect my village? Should I just be training at home? No. I have to prove myself. I- I have to...or else I'll be just like the failiure I was 4 years ago...

-                     -
    - FLASHBACK -
    -                    -

(note: Nilani was young and naïve at this time, Growing up in her village meant she was the only person with any magical powers, so she was much more arrogant and childish than she is now)

It was well into the night as Nilani walked on the path to her hometown. She was turning thirteen tomorrow.

"I can't wait for tomorrow! The whole village will celebrate my magical thirteenth birthday! After all, I am the only person with magical powers in the village. Just a few more hours of walking and I'll be home!" Nilani told herself excitedly.

A twig snapped behind her.

That's odd...no one really travels these paths at night.

However, Nilani didn't speed up. Instead, she turned around.

"Show yourself!" Nilani yelled, "I am Nilani, an enchantress!"

No response. Nilani sighed and started back towards her town. Five minutes later, she started to get this horrible feeling that someone was following her. For the first time in her life, Nilani was a little nervous.

She created a display of her powers, by blasting a small boulder off the path to pieces.

That should scare them off... Not many people can do that.

Oddly enough, her nervous feeling didn't go away. Since it was very dark, Nilani created a small golden light in her hands to light up the path.

It had been ten minutes. Nilani was still nervous, but then something crazy happened. A blue light flew from behind her to an incredibly large boulder off the dirt path. It was blasted to pieces, spewing dust everywhere.

"Wh-what's happening?"

The golden light in Nilani's hands extinguished. Nilani couldn't see a thing. Suddenly, a hand touched her shoulder from behind her. Nilani freaked out. She sent a golden projectile off randomly.

She heard another twig snap from behind her.

"There you are!" Nilani screamed, still trying to focus in the dust cloud.

Nilani turned and launched another spell at her assailant. A blue shield appeared in front of them out of nowhere and the spell rebounded off of it. Nilani was forced to dodge her own spell.

Now, a black beam of light burst from the cloaked mage's fingertips. Nilani quickly blocked the dangerous spell with her own shield.

"Who are you?" Nilani shouted.

Nilani thought she could see a devilish smile on the mage's hooded face. The mage launched another spell towards her. Nilani tried to block it, but it broke through her shield. Nilani toppled over onto her back.

"Sleep well." she heard her attacker say.

The mage stood over her. Nilani could see them take off their hood, but everything went out of focus and faded to black.

I've lost...

-                                  -
    - END OF FLASHBACK -
    -                                -

"I must go train. I won't lose like before."

• Match 5 - Fight! (part 1/2)
    @kandra127 vs @Lujikul
     VS                                        

" 'Curse of undeath: The secrets behind zombies, hollows, ghosts, corpse puppets, revenants and more'. Why is there nothing here about how to destroy them, only what they are and that they are dangerous. Is there something I am missing or is this book really that useless?" Efilia thought for herself as she glanced through the pages in the light from the torches. Her footsteps echoed through the tunnels of the dungeon but she care about it too much. Pan's rotwing had earlier found her easily by smell alone. 
    She took up a belt with a bunch of vials, some filled with liquids and others empty, from her pocket.  She looked at a few empty vial. "Next time I'm found I won't be able to defend myself with holy water anymore, or fire salt, or whatever this was." She thought. 

Efilia jumped to the side to the sound of shaking iron bars. "Why are you so afraid little girl?" Said a dirty man that was locked behind bars. "Are you lost? Are you cold? Do you want me to warm you? I can be kind and gentle." The man smiled creepily. Efilia frowned at the man as she continued to walk. "What's this?" She held up a vial where the text had been smeared out. She opened it and smelled. It smelt like burnt hair, mint and wet grass as it burned her nostrils. "Ugh, no that won't work." She put on the lid and put away the vials. "I won't try blood again since that just made the rotwings even more lunatic." 

Efilia continued further down the dungeons. "How deep does these tunnels go? I must be far beneath the sea level by now, yet there is no water in the tunnels." Along the tunnels there were more cells with prisoners but these ones were broken, tired or almost dead. None of them had the energy to stand up or even acknowledging Efilia. A little later, she heard the flapping sound of wings. "He found my trail already?" She began to ran. "There must be water somewhere down here!" 

She ran and ran, then suddenly, she stopped. She walked back a few steps and looked at the stone wall as the flapping sound came closer. She put her hand on the wall and felt for gaps. "It must be." She thought as she pushed the wall, but nothing happened. She then walked and grabbed a torch from the wall and held it against the spot. The fire turned the stone black of soot, but nothing happened. The sound grow louder as the rotwing came closer. Efilia took out a knife from her belt and made a cut in her hand. She then pushed the hand against the wall. Nothing happened. "Open. Munitum! Alokni karlas! Fathaeirhean!" She said. Nothing happened. It was too late. The rotwing that had followed her now appeared further up. It screeched as it approached her in high speed. Efilia held the knife ready in her hand.The rotwing came over her, scratching and biting.

She fell to the ground whit her hands in front of her face. The rotwing began to scratch and bite even faster, but not Efilia anymore. She removed her hands and saw the rotwing hysterically scathing the wall. Confused, she stood up on her lags and stabbed the rotwing in the back neck. It screeched as it fell down and soon it died. 
    The wall cracked for a second and then stopped. Efilia put the hand on the wall again, and pushed. The wall opened up like a door. "Death opens the door?" She thought. 
    The air beyond the door felt cold and strangely dark. As she heard the flapping sound from another rotwing, she took the torch and stepped through the doorway. 

"No one has been here for hundreds of years."

A spiral stair led down. A hallway dark as no night. A room with old books in no language that she had ever seen. Another hallway with a few rooms. A short stair and beneath it stood a door made of silver. Her heart felt an unpleasant cold and the light from the torch could barely reach the walls, not because the torch had run out but because something else, something behind the door. Unlike the hidden door, the magic that sealed this one had not been hidden at all. The magic on the hidden door had been done by a master but this was made of magic so strong that it would have killed any ordinary human that tried to break it. 

She put her hand on the door. She felt energy sip through it, a dark magical energy of tremendous power. It was tempting. She almost wanted to break open the door and step inside, but she could not possibly break the seal. It resonated with her. She hugged the door. "So tempting. I want it. Just to try it for a little bit." She stayed there for a while and only came back to her senses as she heard the rotwing enter the hidden doorway. Efilia left the door and ran to one of the side-rooms. She hide beside the doorway and waited. 
    The rotwing flew straight to the door and slammed into it. It scratched and tried to bite the door with ruthless ferocity. After a short time, the rotwing broke with purple cracks as fell down and died. Efilia remained hiding as she heard more rotwings approaching. Just like the earlier one, these two rotwings also flew straight to the door and soon fell down dead with purple glowing cracks. 
  • Match 5 - Fight! (part 2/2)

Even though she did not hear any more of them coming, something was filling the air. It was as if some of the energy that sipped through the door began to grow stronger, manifest itself somehow. She waited and waited. Then the body of the first rotwing began to move. black smoke left its purple cracks as it moved up the stairs. Efilia closed the door and barricaded it. The risen rotwing flew up and slammed into her door with strong force. A moment later, she could hear the other two rotwings slam into the door. She hid in a corner, hoping that they would not break in. Zombies she could deal with but this, she did not even know what they are. After some time, the attack against the door finally stopped and it became silent. To be certain, she did not open up for at least five more minutes. 

Nothing happened, so she opened the door. Nothing. The rotwings were gone. She did not want to stay another minute, so she took her torch and headed up again. She came out into the prison tunnel. It was unusually quiet. She walked up along the tunnel but she stopped as she came to the first cell were the iron bars had been ripped open. The cell floor was drenched in blood and in the corner were the remains of a corpse. She gasped as she took a few steps back. She looked further up. The rest of the cells with prisoners have had their iron bars broken as well. She walked back to the hidden door and tried to close it, but it did not lock. She did not know the spell so she just left it closed. With the hope that no one would find the door and open it, she walked up the tunnels. 

As she came further up, she began to hear something. The further she moved the cleared the sound got. Someone was sobbing. It came from the cell where the man she had met earlier was. She stopped at the iron bars which were heavily damaged but not broken. In the corner sat the man, sobbing. "It has begun. Moktaractus has begun. He is coming. Septhis is coming. Septhis is coming. I don't want to die like this. It has begun. He has come." He cried. "Hello? What happened?" Efilia asked. The man just repeated what he had said without acknowledging her. Efilia continued to walk further up. 
    Of the cells she walked past, some were broken with their captive dead or the captive sat parallelized or crying. 

Then she finally saw the prison center appear before her. She walked into the large circular room with two levels and tunnels or cells in all direction. Some glass and much blood was splattered over the floor and walls as if some battle had happened there. She almost screamed as she jumped when she saw what lied further up. One of the rotwings, dead, completely dead. She looked around further and found the second one inside a cell, also dead. She continued to search the cells. Then she found him. Pan, dead. She did not remember if a revenant would raise up again or if they stayed dead. She continued to search, but she could not find the last rotwing. She looked up and saw that the window in the roof was broken. 

• Match 5 - Winner!
    @Lujikul

Congratulations!
    Efilia managed to find a door, hidden for centuries, that led to something not even she did understand and thus she  takes home the fifth match of the tournament and is thus moved to the second stage
    @Lujikul you may now choose to improve Efilia's card to a max cmc of 5 or add an additional signature or companion card.

@kandra127
    Sadly, Pan did not manage to deal with everything that was taken from him. 
    You may now write the aftermath to Pan's story in the tournament. Did he manage to raise up or was this the end. If not, what will he do now and what will his future plans will be?
    Thank you for participating! 

Tournament update
    Match 6 between Squrtu... Squirtle... Squirt-or-hourglass Omni-potatoe?

The match between Slime! and Kutos will take place in the Estina forest.  
  • Usself am the SQURTURGLE OMNIPOTAE! One should attempt gargling a squirrel to achieve the proper inflections.
  • edited August 2020
    The large cathedral in the capital of Teurona was almost empty, save for an angelic occupant who was kneeling on the main altar. The person was definitely a female, despite that her stature was obscured by a long, ornate white cloak.
    Jelene was conflicted. The feeling was non-existent before, as thousands of lives were fell by her cursed blade in the great Kami War. Although she was clearly influenced by the demon's hatred and malice, she did very well aware about that. But soon as she stepped inside of the grand holy place, the ronin felt her guilt greatly empowered.
    Sweats trailing from her forehead as she was slowly approaching the kneeling angel. As she drew closer and prepared to shoot her poison-laced bolt, the angel stood up and turned around.
    "Ah, welcome, lost soul." The angel beckoned with a smile despite of the obvious animosity that emanated from the ronin.
    "I don't think that I am welcomed here." Jelene aimed at the angel's neck and released the trigger. 
    But a shimmering golden aura prevented the bolt to hit the intended target.
    "I see that negotiation is out of the list. I am aware that the order has many enemies, but do you think that even the worst people can change?"
    Jelene lowered her small crossbow and threw it away, pulled her demonic sword, and readied her stance. Her eyes turned red as her sword blazing with demonic fire.
    "I highly doubt that." And she rushed forward in a blink of an eye, but her attack was parried by the angel, who suddenly had an ornate sword of her own.
    The two were exchanging blows and slashes at inhuman speed for a moment, but the angel released a burst of golden aura in a sudden, knocking her away and causing the ronin to rolling on the ground.
    Jelene stood up and shook her head. She didn't expect the angel to easily go down anyway.

(Art by Joe Wilson)

"I see that you have a demonic presence inside of you. I pity you, lost soul. It is obvious that anyone who goes down into that dark path will never truly be free from their corrupted presence." 
    The angel threw away her cloak.
    "If conflict is what you seek, then you shall have it." And she released a large beam of holy light that erupted from her stretched left hand.
    Thanks to her enhanced reflexes, Jelene quick-stepped away from the beam and threw several throwing knives in retaliation. But the shimmering golden aura of the angel flared up again, causing the knives to bounce harmlessly.
    'It seems that normal weapons have no effect on her. But she parried my attacks before instead of just tanking it. I see how it goes...' 
    Jelene prepared to attack again. But this time, she swung her darkness-infused sword diagonally, releasing a wave of darkness towards the angel. This time the angel couldn't tank the attack or parried it, and the wave was too fast and to wide to avoid.
    The angel was thrown back due to the attack, with her sword clattered away. A large gash appeared across her stomach and torso, but she stood back up with unyielding fervor despite of the wound.
    But she buckled and coughed up blood instead.
    "I see... this...." She coughed blood again. "... is how... it ends, hm?" 
    'Oh no you don't!' Jelene rushed towards her previously thrown bag to find her portable portal device, and quickly equipped it. Then she rushed again towards the kneeling angel, and picked her up on her shoulder with no resistance.

"What... are you..." Then the angel fell silent.

'Kami damn it!' She checked the angel's pulse by touching her neck. 'Ok she's still breathing.'  She sighed and just stretched the equipped gauntlet-like device to open a portal. 

Then the cathedral bell rang as both of them finally vanished from the area.
  • Kutos felt a strange feeling in his stomach as he lay in bed the night before his match, What was it? He didn't think it was fear, he wasn't afraid of dying. Maybe it was anxiety, there would be a lot of people watching, more people than he was used to being around, but that didn't seem right. Then why do I feel so weird?  he tried to forget about it and go to sleep but the feeling wasn't going away. Maybe it's because I don't feel prepared... that felt right, he had never liked unexpected or impulsive things and he felt the same way about his match tomorrow, Then why am I here? If I don't feel ready to fight I should just leave... But that didn't seem like the right thing to do.

"Just go to sleep."

A small voice sounded in his head,

"With sleep comes solace and calm."

He felt a strange energy overtaking him as he drifted off to sleep, at least the feeling was going away... 
This discussion has been closed.