Beyond Godhood (Closed For Judging)

Welcome again cardsmiths. I noticed the cardsmith "just for fun contests" are not renewing, and I was trying to be courteous and not flood the tabs with my challenges, but it's been a very silent void so here we go. 

Your challenge as a cardsmith is to create a card that utilizes two or more of the mechanics listed below. I want you guys to create a card, that ascends to a higher plane either by divine authority, It's peoples blessing, birthright or by force; For example, a king who is worshiped by his people to the point of becoming a deity, a conqueror who steals and ancient relic (*cough* *cough* Kumena) or a monk who becomes a deity through rigorous dedication and dogma. Let your imagination flow while making this and run wild.

I want you to avoid creating cards with the "god" or "demigod" creature type directly, but you can include the creature type as a clause for when a condition is met.  Additionally I have expanded the criteria this time to prevent people from just mashing keywords together and I will increase points for fit and finish. That being said lets get cardsmithing.

. Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city’s blessing for the rest of the game.) - (Make sure to include whatever happens when you get the blessing.)

.Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

.Devotion to [color] (Each [color] in the mana costs of permanents you control counts toward your devotion to [color].)

.Miracle [cost] (You may cast this card for its Miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn.

Eternalize [cost] ([Cost], Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black  Zombie with no mana cost. Eternalize only as a sorcery.) - (you have the ability to substitute "zombie" with "god" or "demigod")

.Monarch (Whenever this creature enters the battlefield, you become a monarch. Whenever you become a monarch, then X.)

I will rank the card using a modified rubric.

. Creativity (I will award a ton of points as always, so blow my mind): 5 points
. Personal preference ( how divine, or godlike does this feel) : 2 points
. Fit and finish ( people weren't really focusing on this so I amplified it): 5 points
. Balace (How playable this card is in an actual mtg match): 1 point
. Art (Did you choose art that captures the essense of the card, the essense of a god?!): 1 point
. Mana colors (You can lose points if you drastically deviate from the color pie): 1 point
. Synergy (How well the mechanics, card design, e.t.c work together): 2 points 
. Point slash (If you use only one of the "required" keywords, you get 1/2 taken from your total)

- Tiny break: no penalty
- Minor break: - 1 point
- Significant Break: - 2 points
- Major deviation: - 5 points

Bonus Points

If you use at least one of the "Divine" keywords below, you get a 1 bonus point
-
(but be warned, if it doesn't synergize it can hurt your score)

. Lifelink (A devoted priest with unshakable belief)
. Flying ( An elderly monk who has emptied his thoughts)
. Indestructible ( An immortal warrior born of a godly bloodline  *use carefully or cost appropriately*)

Here is an example of cards using the mechanics listed above, and my example:

(Example Card)

1st place: 5 favorites ( 3 of your choice, 2 of mine)
2nd Place: 3 favorites (3 of your choice)
3rd place: 2 favorites (2 of your choice)

Honorable mentions (Up to 2 - (1 favorite each))

The last challenge I put didn't get much traction, so to encourage conversation, I have a pool 10 favorites that I will offer up to the first ten entrants for each of up to two entries they make as long as they include the phrase "pocket" under the entries. Each player can gain a (2 points max from this pool) so if a player arrives early and makes 2 entries before the first ten entries, they get 2 favorites from this pool at the end of the challenge regardless of weather they won or not, while reducing the fave pool.

(5 entries max)

The deadline is July 12th. I just love seeing others cards so I'm not gonna be judging on weather it fits a set or not, so go wild.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.