Top-Deckcember 3: Tokyo Drift

2»

Comments

• Day 15: my version of Adrix and Nev, Twincasters!
    what can I say, I’m a token player
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mina-and-frey-twinmuses

• edited December 2021
    I'm so far behind that I think I'm only gonna "catch up" by doing the ones I want to do. I don't think I'll be able to make 15ish really creative cards really quickly.

Day 7: Tribal card for a tribe without any tribal synergies
    Silair Subterranean Terror
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/silair-subterranean-terror
  • Okay, first five cards of me catching up:

Day 13 - Music
    Just a deadly kind of music.

Day 14 - Spell that can't be cast with mana
    Well, cast it with a blood sacrifice and a bit of time. Or just cascade.

Day 15 - Card inspired by my favorite existing card
    Ramos was one of my first commander decks and I still absolutely love his design. Therefore, here's his temple! Probably broken, but it's fun.

Day 16 - D O G
    Since the challange was worded the way it was, I made it into a fun abreviation! I feel the lore is strong behind this one, some sort of a cyberpunk antagonist, but I ain't got time to write it out.

Day 17 - Trap card
    Since most of my other cards are very high-power, I figured I'll make just a meme common, so, there you go. It's silver bordered just because of the name and flavor text, because I just felt like it, deal with it lol.

• Part two of me catching up:

Day 18 - A mechanic in colors it has never been used in
    I went for white undergrowth, because white also kinda cares about the graveyard a little bit.

Day 19 - Sneaky
    Could also work for day 18, huh. I just wanted to do something different with an existing concept. Might be pretty powerful, but again, I quite like the idea.

Day 20 - A card that has you secretly choose something
    So most of the time that would be an opponent. I went for something else, I know this card is really weird, but I also like the concept.

Day 21 - Game item or character
    Yes, yes, it's technically a location, not either of the two listed, but I think we could let that pass. And yes 2, the art is not sized properly, it bothers me too.

Day 22 - Polar oposites
    The original swords cycle represents polar oposites in Mtg, so I wanted to incorporate that but with colorless. In hindsight I maybe could have made it colorless x multcolor, but I think nature vs technology works as well.

• It's not december anymore, but I'm still gonna finish this some time throughout the future
  • Alright here we go, the final part!!

Day 23 - Chaos
    Chaos is often showcased in Magic by cascade, so why not, here's a new kind of take on it:

Day 24 - Meme version of a card
    This is a version of Black Lotus as well as the already meme recreation Blacker Lotus, I just finnished the supercycle lol

Day 25 - Relaxation
    Just a really nice little corner, what can I say.

Day 26 - My least favorite color
    This was not easy as I really respect each color and each represents different ideas and I'd say I like them all, but then I chose blue, because I hate counterspells and mill. One often overlooked part of this color is curiosity and the desire to learn and explore, so here we go.

Day 27 - Noncreature commander
    I found this really sweet fanart of Karn, it's not really canon, but I like it, so I designed this card around it.

Day 28 - Card that can change it's text
    Permanent version of cleave, what do you think? :D

Day 29 - Card you can reveal from hand
    A red burn card with a fun mechanic, that's all

Day 30 - Kindness
    Group huuug

DAY 31 - CELEBRATION

Thanks for another opportunity to showcase my cardmaking skills with fun prompts, and I hope you liked at least some of the designs, I tried to be as creative as possible.

So until next year I guess!

Oh and here's the whole set if you're interested: https://mtg.design/u/ThePhantomJoker/TD3
  • A bit late, but I wanted to share this for day 27
    Non-creature commander.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/drakenkeel?list=user
  • I apologize that I wasn't able to keep this active. I've been really invested in the set I'm working on that I didn't have too much time to think about this compared to last year.
This discussion has been closed.