Cardsmith League (Official)

Comments

• edited September 2023
    @jpastor You say it operates in the background? In that case I am in if the offer is still available. Feel free to place me wherever. Been busy with work and being sick so I only just saw this. 
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father
    I've added you to the league.
    https://challonge.com/mtgcs 
    Create an account for free there if you want to receive a notification on who you play each week. Keep track of your success there.

Yes it is in the background. Just make cards for whatever. 7 new cards a season keeps you in the running for prizes.
  • edited September 2023
    Week 1 done - Week 2 - Cant wait!
  • Really like the Challonge setup.  It's nice, when taking a loss, to also see I have 3 cards that got a score of 93, so I'm not actually doing so bad, just had a rough match up.
  • Oh well, since Gold isn't available, my challonge username is FireOfGolden
  • @jpastor I made a challonge account named smax765…
  • Made an account, username is the same just all one word instead of underscores.
  • Week 1 - Judging Criteria: Concept & Novelty
    Week 2 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 3 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 4 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 5 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 6 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 7 - Judging Criteria -?
    Week 8 - Judging Criteria -?
  • Well, at least I'm consistent.  I scored 85, 85, 85, 85, 85, 80, and 85 this week.
  • I'm bad at Challonge but I seem to be doing okay in the league
  • edited October 2023
    Made a challonge account named UdrugosDragonLord42.
  • Week 1 - Judging Criteria: Concept & Novelty
    Week 2 - Judging Criteria: Balance & Fairness
    Week 3 - Judging Criteria -?
  • Week 3 - Judging Criteria: Cards made by TheKeefMan
  • So, I just made both sides of a double sided card and was curious, since it's been forever since I tried the double sided thing, does this league score them separately or together?
  • I'm so curious what the week 3 criteria was...

Well then again I'm curious what the criteria will be for week 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 as well.
  • @StuffnSuch I think they count the card as one.
  • @StuffnSuch @smax765
    According to rule, if transformation card is judged as one card, yet they takes up two places. Then double-side card will be judged as a card that took up two spaces. You will have six cards total judged instead of seven cards.
  • @FireOfGolden is correct. 

Side A counts as one card slot and Side B counts as a second slot, but they are graded as one card, which means it will be the same grade for both slots. The same is true of tokens or emblems attached to a card.

Week 1 - Judging Criteria: Concept & Novelty
    Week 2 - Judging Criteria: Balance & Fairness
    Week 3 - Judging Criteria: Mana Cost, P/T (creatures only), & Rarity 
  • Man I can't wait to save up for that ultimate feature pack
  • Made a challonge named balloonnation
  • People seem to be scoring oddly low this week, I can only wonder what the criteria is.
  • I had the same thought
  • What do you mean, I almost always lose everytime.
  • I have learned to not get preoccupied with points. Just have fun guys.
  • Yeah, I don't know if I've ever scored this low.  I don't really care (I'm not especially proud of most of the cards I've got going this week), but I am really curious what aspect is being judged that would be so low scoring across the board.
  • Check which aspects the Mystery Box World Cantina characters focus on and take your best guess.
  • OK, now I'm really curious what this week's theme was, seeing as one of my cards got a 37. That's go to be an all time low or something...  :/
  • Seems that Colby attacks again  ;)