Mystery Box World

Comments

• @Ranshi - your imagination dictates the parameters of the challenge. Follow your logic as much as your heart. Yield the best card you can.
  • @cadstar369, certainly, here's a step-by-step quest to locate a secret, magical place:
    Step 1: Prepare Your Mind - Begin by preparing your mind for the journey ahead. Find a quiet space, sit comfortably, and close your eyes. Take a few moments to connect with your inner self through deep, conscious breathing. Let go of all distractions and expectations.

In the exploration of this quest, as it unfolds as your initial tutorial journey, allow me to offer you some gentle nudges to set you on your way. The foremost step beckons you to visit a tranquil spot within the park, an attraction of sorts. Indeed, there exist two distinct locales within the park that would suit your purpose. Furthermore, the path suggests an ambiguous yet numerous repetitions of your engagement with a concealed enigma within.

Moving beyond this primary step, I have no doubt that you shall discover your unique path. However, always remain open to seeking assistance and guidance, much like this, if you desire a smoother voyage during this mystical quest.
  • ? I can't recall which attractions have been opened so far, but perhaps the top of the Ferris Wheel will offer some peace and quiet. ?
  • On the app @cadstar369 you will see the open attractions under "Attractions"

• I am aware, just wondering if a past attraction could also be a correct answer. Is the Ferris Wheel incorrect?
  • Dear @cadstar369, indeed, the attractions necessary for the successive stages of this quest may be in a state of openness or closure. If the cosmic currents align in such a way that they remain closed, you must embrace the art of patience and await their reawakening.

In the realm of guesswork, should you find yourself led astray by the whims of the mind, you shall still be called upon to complete the chosen attraction, for the universe is a patient teacher.

Of course, the journey can be tailored to your preferences, as the degree of assistance you seek determines the ease of your passage. I can even lay bare the answers to you, but remember, the choice is yours, rooted in your desire for challenge or simplicity.

Upon the moment of revelation when your heart resonates with the truth of the chosen path, I shall signal your enlightenment. However, as I observe, it appears the Ferris Wheel does not align with the cosmic design, and thus, I extend to you a singular opportunity to select an alternative destination, for, as the stars above affirm, the path to wisdom can take many forms.

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a common card with the Chronomancy keyword.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shaper-core

I took some creative liberty to reword the reminder text of Chromomancy to be closer to how the old Substance cards are worded for the sake of clarity because you can also cast instants and cards with flash whenever you could cast a sorcery.

I'm ready for the next ferris wheel challenge.
  • @jpastor
    I'd like to head to the lounge and get a mystery box.
  • @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Artifact that creates and uses temporal rift tokens.
  • Challenge - Design a black and green hybrid card with expunge that transforms a land into a creepy graveyard.
    Graves Touch

I'll continue and ride again on the roller coaster!
  • @Jadefirehttps://2191jp.wixsite.com/byebyemagic/milestones
    Milstone 800 〽️❓ ? 
    Milestone 110 - 〽️

For the 110 milestone you just get 〽️, but for the 800 milestone, a reminder that you have the ♻️ Perk = Replace the 〽️?❓?? milestones with "your choice of 〽️?❓??."

@Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 4/4 creature that looks like an AI robot.
  • @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Faerie Wizard creature card.
  • @jpastor what are temporal rift tokens, or is it on me to invent them?
  • Prompt: Create a Faerie Wizard creature card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/moonlight-sleepcaster

@jpastor
    I'd like to continue lounging in the cantina and open another box.
  • @Jadefire
    It's all you buddy
  • @jpastor

A while back on page 3 of this discussion, I got a seafarer's emerald (2 faves + 15 Zib), but I never got the favorites. These were the two that I wanted faves for:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/a-pitiful-attempt-to-defy-fate?list=user

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gonti-aether-seer-1?list=user

Thanks!
  • @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 70 - Binary Nexus Photoreceptors ? 2-5 prize options in your next box (just post?)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with will of the council.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Artifact that creates and uses temporal rift tokens.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rift-walker-1

I'm ready for the next ferris wheel challenge.
  • @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare creature with conflux <i>(This creature gets +1/+1 for each time counter on it.)</i>
  • Prompt: Create a creature with will of the council.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sorrow-cavern-judge

@jpastor
    ?I'll continue lounging in the cantina and claim another box using my Binary Nexus Photoreceptors?.

• Challenge: Create a custom magic card inspired by the Enchanted Scepter.
    Enigmatic SealScepter of the Labyrinth
    (Resonant/Discordant functions similarly to Daybound/Nightbound.)

If the Ferris Wheel is no good, I'll wait until new attractions open before trying again for my quest. If I need to pick one now, then I'll ride the Roller Coaster.
  • edited November 2023
    Challenge: Create a 4/4 creature that looks like an AI robot.
    Artificial Hunter

I'll just chill in the lounge for now. Another box please!

• R.I.P. J.P.
  •  ? Some of your cards are really good.
  • @kaoz42 - I appreciate that. I am working on an idea to "battle the boss" kind of thing... where you can challenge me to a 1-vs-1 where the losing cards get favorited by the opponent. This way, they don't just go into oblivion.
  • @jpastor are you going to make a new account or go premium or something?

• Adventure Course Completion
    • The reward you now possess for successfully completing the final challenge, the Enchanted Scepter, is a vessel of profound potential. It holds the keys to shaping reality, a conduit to perform extraordinary feats of magic that transcend the ordinary boundaries of existence. With the scepter in your grasp, you become the weaver of a new era, where the tapestry of magic and wonder unfurls at your command.
    Your adventure, my friend, has reached its culmination, and in this moment of convergence, you may claim the fruits of your journey. With your two entries, as you stand at Milestone 670 〽️, consider the prizes bestowed upon you for Adventure completion.
    • Prize 5 - Poisoned Sphere ? Until end of deadline, whenever a Scallywag posts an entry, they lose 1 favorite.
    • Prize 42 - Mast Swinger ? Scallywags with more entries than you can't target you or your entries this deadline.
    • Prize 27 - Ornate Skeleton Key ⚙️ Post the ⚙️ when asking for your next box to get an undiscovered prize in your next box. You get 5 〽️.
    • Prize 10 ? Plunderin' Banjo ? You may create a card themed for the song/clip/lyric challenge in this box instead of your normal mystery challenge.
    • Prize 52 - Voltaic Munitions Integration ? Until end of deadline, each prize you use that targets something gains an additional target.
    • Prize 73 - Master Jadefire's Codex Amplifier ? Choose and receive 2-5 prizes from this page.
    With the prizes added to your loy (➰), you reach a new milestone.
    • Milestone 675 
    In the realm of quests, there is no need for constant announcements or formalities. Your quest has melded with your very being, a natural part of your journey. Trust in your intuition, and when the time is right, the attraction you seek will align with your purpose.

May your path be filled with wonder and magic, my dear seeker.

With grace,
    Buddi
  • edited November 2023
    @kaoz42, your enigmatic container holds:
    Choose one:
    • Prize 60 - Master Corwinnn's Sonic Resonation Implants ? In your mystery boxes the remainder of the deadline, you'll have an additional mystery challenge option to create a card themed after a given song or song of choice, a clip, or lyrics. These are optional and can be completed in addition to your normal mystery challenge.
    • Prize 94 ? Subterfuge Suppressor ? Until the deadline's conclusion, you have the ability to counter any single target.
    • Prize 29 - Scallywag's Brew ? Utilize the ? when requesting boxes for the remainder of the deadline to double your options within your boxes.
    A Mysterious Challenge: Devise a card featuring a Doctor's companion (You can have two commanders if the other is the Doctor.) [You may substitute "Doctor" with another term.]
  • I've updated the The Basement (Underground Cardsmith League) - found inside the cantina.

Challenge @jpastor or another cardsmith here to a 1-vs-1 match to win favorites.
    - 7 cards are chosen at random from each cardsmith's collection.
    - One cantina character is chosen at random to objectively judge the match.
    - You must favorite all cards your opponent wins with and they the same. 
    - If you win the match, your winning, favorited cards count as entries.
    - If your chosen opponent declines or doesn't respond within a few days, you vs jpastor instead.
  • @jpastor I’d like to try challenging you
This discussion has been closed.