Does anyone listen to music while making cards or is it just me?

Like the title suggests that the the question I ask you all today!

For me I usually like aivi & surasshu mostly the K.K. cruising track( should be the second track on the souncloud profile)
Here is the link to their soundcloud if you want to give them a listen https://soundcloud.com/aivisura

I hope I'm not just a lonely person in this conversation but I understand if no music at all lets you focus on cards. anyways I just wanted to post something on the forums to show I'm still alive! xD

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I like listening to music while focusing on just about anything. Mostly Film Scores for me, a little Christian Rock, Folk, and some Smooth Jazz comprise the majority of it.
  • Random music, but I often play Halo music while making cards, so I can also plan my music arrangement for band while making Magic cards.

I love music from Halo, so I'm planning for everyone to play some of that music for band.

I do also, like @Faiths_Guide, listen to some worship songs whenever I want to get ready for church worship team, or just quiet down.
  • I listen to crap that none of you would ever like.
  • I have no shame. I constantly listen to music made by a dj in the U.K.
    In other words, my favorite instrument is the computer.
  • I almost always have music going, especially when making cards...
    Some samples...
    Something old

Something new

Something borrowed

And then something with two amazing artists

Lindsey Sterling and ZZ Ward!
  • I'll occasionally listen to music when making cards, though it will sometimes break my focus, but it really helps me focus when I'm writing my D&D campaign, strangely.
  • Sometimes music, sometimes TV - right now superhero shows on Netflix there are a lot of good ones just released like Supergirl. For music the choice lately has been Tiesto, so club style trance music from a great DJ, or just classical like Handel, Mozart, or operas.
  • This is my favourite band's VEVO account: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJamVEVO/videos
  • Anytime I'm doing anything on my computer I have a tab open to Youtube playing all my favorite songs
  • yes, usually I have something playing, either music (bat for lashes/wolf parade/interpol are some favs) or random youtube videos.
  • I actually tend to listen to music when figuring out lore for my sets (which, while I can't seem to get myself to write down, has great influence on my card design and mechanics for any set). It's usually just a whole list of Pokemon remixes and fan music played back-to-back

or just a playlist regular Pokemon themes
  • I do on occasion, but not actively. I do, however, use music as inspiration for a few too many of my cards (from crowd favorites like "Shepherd of Fire" by Avenged Sevenfold to songs you never even heard of like "The Big Black" by The Quick Brown Fox)
  • @saveria201
    I quite like Interpol.
  • The best video game music of all time:

Special reward if you can name what game this song is from without cheating and looking it up!
  • And this is a sequel to that song:
  • edited February 2017
    I don't listen to music while working often, seeing as have a tendency to try to dissect it, but I do play a lot of fiddle music. Cluck Old Hen
  • @Corwinnn It says that the video isn't available?
  • I usually dont listen to music exactly. Sometimes I sing too loudly for my roommates liking, but occasionally, I will listen to music. Most of the time though when I am trying to create a card for something is have a feeling for (that sounded a bit weird, but I think that you guys know what I mean) I will make a noise that I picture it making or I will, try to picture myself as it. I have been told that it looks like I am stupid when I am doing that and people don't know that I do that. Lol
  • edited February 2017
    @IanLowenthal - You must be on Mobile.
    Look up Mon Vieux Wagon by Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys
  • I've been listening to the Kinks a lot lately, since I'm going to see a tribute act next week.
    My favourite songs are these:
    Sunny Afternoon -
    David Watts -
    Waterloo Sunset -
    I listen to such weird music XD
    The music videos are pretty weird as well.
  • A good song is Xenogenesis by TheFatRat,
    But a good song with lyrics comes from a musical called Matilda. The first link is a video of the music itself, with the lyrics showing like a karaoke thing. The second has a video that someone took illegally while watching the show, never watched it, so I have no idea what the video quality is. But it should give you an idea for the cool choreography.

• whenever I make cards that are meant to be special (like basically all the legendaries and superstrong cards for my aelyria legends set) I mostly listen to film/anime scores that signify either the dread of the protagonist or the moment in which the villain shows him/herself.

like for instance:

After all, no matter the movie or anime: the villains always get the best music (unless when the protagonist IS the villain, then the music's good in general xD)
  • I listen to a whole bunch of Rick Astley.

I can already imagine people starting at me. Yup I'm weird.
  • I listen to Edwyn Collins a lot, so you're not THAT weird xD
  • I listen to Undertale remixes. (Go ahead, make fun of me because I'm an Undertale weeb)
  • @GodFerretGaming Nah, I won't. Even if I personally dislike the game and the fan base, the piano versions of the soundtrack are pretty nice.
  • Definitely have to agree that the piano and violin covers we've seen are really nice!
  • edited March 2017
    lately listening to lots of epic/dark epic themes and scores to get that exact right feel to create a whole range of deeper villains for MTG (will make villainous creatures for any set and am aiming to convince other MTGcardsmith's to accept my namesake planeswalker as a possible NB for their sets xD)

currently listening:
This discussion has been closed.