Cardsmith Duels: The Final Battle (for now...)

Comments

• edited September 2017
    deleted.
  • I think at this point @nsm91 and I should hold off and wait until @MagicChess is apprised of our current standing.
  • removed my counter in response to @Faiths_Guide's proposition above... (totally not because I noticed it had a glaring fault in it... >.> )
  • @everybody
    Okay! Looks like we're off to a good start here. @Faiths_Guide, @nsm91, great cards so far.
    @Everyone_Else, thank you for deciding to join us!
    @22cjohnson, to clarify: you can post a balanced card that is an effective counter to one of the two champions' cards and possibly win prizes for it at the end. Faiths_Guide and nsm91 are winners of the past two seasons in a contest of mine, and are now going head to head in this battle, but I wanted to include the rest of the community. Enjoy!
  • @MagicChess
    So, @nsm91, would you like to choose a new last entry, or should I move ahead with a counter to it?

Also, does it need to totally "counter it" (make it not function) in some fashion, or can I just make a card that directly impacts what it's trying to do negatively?
  • @Faiths_Guide

I think the latter would be more logical, otherwise we'd eventually just end up with random blue counters xD
  • @Faiths_Guide, yes, @Credius is right. I don't want you both to make counterspells going back and forth! XD
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I'll keep the last entry since @MagicChess didn't have a problem with it, but I'll probably go more the Flame-Tongue Kavu route next time haha
  • edited September 2017
    delete
  • edited September 2017
    @Credius
    You can't sacrifice a creature you don't control. But, other than that, I really like the card. Should probably cost
    {1}{w}{u} to be safe.
  • @Faiths_Guide

That secondary ability's for the owner of the enchanted creature. There's a few cards like that around, like that one that does the same as suppression chain, but you can sacrifice the creature for 2 mana and gain 2 life
  • edited September 2017
    @Creduis

The wording of the card should be 'Enchanted creature gains [ability]'.
  • @Credius
    Suppression Chain isn't actually a card, but I'll still try to clarify for you.

Unless the ability states otherwise, only the controller of the enchantment can activate its abilities. You can't sacrifice creatures you don't control, so only if you enchanted one of your own creatures with this would you be able to activate its ability. You'd be paying to sacrifice a creature of your own that you detrimentally enchanted.

The closest thing to what I think you were going for is Choking Restraints. Look it up and imitate that format.
  • edited September 2017
    "Counter" to the "new" Manic Scribe:
    [NOT AN ENTRY]
  • @MagicChess

I'm out, there's a lack of clarity in what we're suppose to do and it completely field like a single duel between those two now.
  • edited September 2017
    @Credius
    It is a single duel... See the rules:
    "The rest of you members may be thinking 'How obnoxious of MagicChess to post a thread for just two smiths!' Well, don't you worry, because I maybe possibly just realized that I should probably include other people!

If anyone wants to make a counter to a certain card, feel free to post it here! I will choose first, second, and third place winners from among your cards..."
  • ugh, would'v been better if he at least did a few more before making something like this xD ... anyway have fun and don't you dare to lose @Faiths_Guide
  • @Credius
    I'll try my darndest!
  • @Faiths_Guide, unfortunately this challenge is restricted to creatures.
    @Credius, I'm sorry you feel that way. My only question is what you mean by "it would have been better if he at least did a few more before making something like this." I'm going to assume that "he" refers to me; but what are "a few more"?
  • @MagicChess
    Alright, I retract the previous entry.
  • @MagicChess

If you did at least more of the "regular" cardsmith duels like those you did in the past, you'd have had more contestants, making this a more interesting competition. If it's just for two people as it is now, it would've been better if you just addressed it as such and added the statement "(no entries)" in your header.

BUT... now I'll just root for my fave cardsmith
  • [REVISED]
    "Counter" to the "new" Manic Scribe:
  • Love that image.
  • edited September 2017
    Haha, Tehrikas' ability will go to the stack from that activation so you'll still sac or pay two Gold afterwards :)
  • omg @nsm91 , I'm glad that card doesn't exist xD ...destroying legends brrr
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Flavor text- the price is payed by all, themselves included.
    And ya @Credius, although Mardu is a pretty niche color set
  • edited September 2017
    @nsm91
    Well, while that is funny, it'd only apply in that sense with Tehrikas.

Any idea how many rounds @MagicChess?
    When I'm done, I'm hoping that all my submissions will form a pretty decent part of a Orzhov commander deck.
  • @Credius, mind you that this is merely the final round of Cardsmith Duels: Season Two.
    @Faiths_Guide, @nsm91we'll go for a couple more rounds... say, three or four. Great cards so far!
  • @MagicChess Is it too late to join?
This discussion has been closed.