Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @ManInMaroon_948
    Feel free to post both cards then ye scally wag ?‍☠️

@Robo_Kitty

@TheDarkKnight1234567

you boxes are in this video
  • @TheKeefMan
    If you're bored, then you gotta ask for a mystery box! What else am i good for, eh? 

Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 42 - Fine Perfume ?‍?️ Your cards can't be blown up this deadline.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 0 mana artifact with a bonus as you draft it.
  • Sounds right up my alley

(P.S. You know I'm here for more than a distraction, know your worth brother.)
  • @jpastor Are you referring to "Draft" as in the ability exclusive to Alchemy, or the physical act of drafting a card when you're playing draft. Just have to ask. 
  • edited August 2023
    Here was my original idea for my mystery box;

Bazaar of Fools Trade
  • edited August 2023
    I have chosen @Jadefire, as gratitude for choosing me of all cardsmiths to make a card for.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jade-fire-1

@Jadefire
    Yes, it's definitely OK with me for you to use my Pact mechanic.

@jpastor
    Another box please.
  • Good because I was loosing my shiz researching Alchemy. I'll have the card finished early tomorrow, it's late now. Thanks 
  • @jpastor

I don't mean to be that guy, but is kaoz42 allowed to submit a Jadefire themed card, even though I already made one?
  •  :) @TheDarkKnight1234567
    yep - i did not specify you can't
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 don't worry about it man, it really isn't that big of a deal
  • Good rule of thumb in the mystery box challenges is "when in doubt, just do it anyways."

• edited August 2023
    Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-blue spell with Chandra in it's flavor text.
    Also, sorry for being annoying about kaoz42's card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/duel-of-minds

Can I have another box?
  • edited August 2023
    I hope this is good, I've never dealt with draft-exclusive effects before.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/puzzling-watch

Another box please!
  • @cadstar369 question: what's a scaling downside? I honestly don't have a good idea of what that looks like
  • Challenge: Create a rare enchantment with kaldheim set symbol.

• edited August 2023
    Nvm this post, the card doesn’t feel ready yet, lmao
  • edited August 2023
    Mystery Challenge: Create a Demon with power 2 or less.
    Ragestoke Raider

I'll pass on the sticker. One Mystery Box with two challenges please. ?

~~~

@SpellPiper2213 a scaling downside is one that varies with something desirable for the user. Examples include Read the Runes (card advantage vs board presence), Breakthrough (card advantage vs mana), Death's Shadow (P/T vs life), Toxic Deluge (efficacy vs life), and most cumulative upkeep effects.
  • edited August 2023

Prize List Update:

1 ? ?  
    2 Ghostly Sphere ☠️ Steal 3 A vengeful apparition that pummels ships, leaving gaping voids in its wake.
    3 ? ?  
    4 ? ?  
    5 ? ?  
    6 ? ?  
    7 ? ?  
    8 ? ?  
    9 ? ?  
    10 ? ?  
    11 ? ?  
    12 Chain Cannonball ? Tiny cannonballs, chained and gnashing, entangle masts, wheels, and winches in their fearsome grasp!
    13 Inferno Vessel ? Toss this at what ye wish to be engulfed in flames. Mind the grip, lest it slips!
    14 Crate o' Fiery Flavours ?️ Two Challenge Options Things be heating up a tad.
    15 Radiant Light ? Doubles the prize in your next box if you have a prize. This lantern has banished darkness in the realms of the living and the beyond.
    16 ? ?  
    17 Captured Siren ?‍♀️ You get an additional box with your next one. Your Victories Bestow Us Riches
    18 Blunder Barrage ? A hefty metallic ball that brings pain to pirates and breaches the hulls of ships with gaping wounds.
    19 Hourglass of Time ⏱️ Set the deadline's end for 1-5 days from now Marks the hour, reminding all that time is dwindling away, much like sand through an hourglass.
    20 ? ?  
    21 ? ?  
    22 Elder Scope ? Old card or an extra new card Tread gently upon this ancient spyglass, for it has witnessed the grand rise and fall of legendary souls.
    23 ? ?  
    24 ? ?  
    25 ? ?  
    26 ? ?  
    27 ? ?  
    28 ? ?  
    29 Pirate's Brew ? x2 options for all the remainder of the deadline The resounding song of the hurdy-gurdy can be slightly intoxicating...
    30 ? ?  
    31 ? ?  
    32 Spectral Sphere ☠️ Steal 2 A fiery entity that engulfs adversaries in searing flames.
    33 ? ?  
    34 ? ?  
    35 ? ?  
    36 Hexed Skeletal Remains ? Skeleton Draft -or- Your Mystery Challenge Hidden lore bound by cranium and bone, whispering secrets untold, protected by foes. Knowledge reclaims its rightful seat, revealing the wealth of times gone by.
    37 ? ?  
    38 ? ?  
    39 ? ?  
    40 Enigma Chart ? Complete 1-5 Challenges to earn 1-5 prizes Treasure within five paces, South ye must tread and unearth the land's bounty.
    41 Miniature Marauders ? CS Masters Draft -or- do your mystery challenge A distant stronghold conceals the grandest Pirate Loot of all, yet lurks within...
    42 ? ?  
    43 ? ?  
    44 ? ?  
    45 ? ?  
    46 ? ?  
    47 ? ?  
    48 ? ?  
    49 ?? ?
    50 Rewards of the Reaper ? Last entry = 1-4 The humblest of skulls, plain in its visage, yet brimming with tales untold.
  • Could I have another box please?
    • "A Mystery Challenge: Create a card where both you and an opponent choose something."
    Illusion of Being

Try to decipher THIS complexity @jpastor

I'd like another box pls
  • @jpastor Is creature still Mono-Red, if it has ability needs different color to activate it?
  • edited August 2023
    @FireOfGolden I would say no, since a creature's color identity is determined by the colors in their mana costs AND the colors in their abilities. For example, I wouldn't be able to put Khera Spellspear in my monored commander deck (Torban, Thane of Red Fell, for example)
  • edited August 2023
    @FireOfGolden as long as the mana cost(s) on all of its sides contain red mana symbols and no other colored mana symbols, and the card has no non-red color indicators, then it’s mono-red (mono-red refers to color, which is different from color identity; a mono-red card doesn’t necessarily have a red color identity). To borrow a previous example, Khenra Spellspear is mono-red, but has a blue-red color identity. In other words, the answer to your question is yes.
  • @cadstar I guess it doesn’t matter too much anyways, lol
  • I'm with cadstar on this. Rule 105.2 and 105.2a make this clear. https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Color
  • That's nice to know! Thank you for helping!
  • Mystery Box Update (August 2023)

Milestones
    • Every 10 points = A Gem (?) Favorites or feedback in any combination distributed as you choose among up to 5 cards (or, more generally, cardsmiths) of your choice.
    • Every 25 points = ❓ (Chance Roll) 
    • Every 50 points = ? (Featured Card)
    • Every 75 points = ? ($3 Sticker)
    • Every 100 points = ? (Gifted Premium)
    • Every 200 points = ? (2 Cards added to Blog)
    • Every 250 points = ?️ (Playmat)
    • One-time 500 points = ? (Prestige Perk Package)
    • One-time 750 points & one-time 1,000 points
    • Milestones are now recurring. (Ex. every 10 points, every 50 points)
    • Milestones have been changed to 
      10 (?)25 (❓)50 (?)75 (?)100 (?)200 (?)250 (?️)500 (?)

• Those who have an accumulation of milestone rewards will receive all that they're owed with continued participation.
    Prize List Update
    • Added flavor text to each prize
    • Changed terminology of destroy/bomb and steal to "blunder" and "loot"
    • Modified names
    • Reduced favorites, hugs, and feedback prizes with the introduction of gems. Replaced with prestige's choice + new prizes
    • Tweaked some drafts to add option to complete normal mystery challenge instead.

Mystery Boxes

@cadstar369 your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone - 20 Points ? Favorites or feedback in any combination distributed as you choose among up to 5 cards (or, more generally, cardsmiths) of your choice.
    • Milestone - 25 Points ❓ Choose one (2 random prizes -or- 1 prize of choice)
    • Milestone 575 Points ? ($3 Sticker) + ❓ Choose one (2 random prizes -or- 1 prize of choice)
    • Prize 0 - ⭕ Arr, ye've hit the cursed 0. This ends the deadline immediately.

THE DEADLINE HAS ARRIVED

• Prize 30 - Luxurious Baubles ? You and another cardsmith of choice are guaranteed a prize in your next box. A crisp salute signals pirates that you're a refined soul, yet open to a merry rendezvous.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common card advantage spell.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Abzan or Selesnya version of Jirina Kudro.
    @Robo-Kitty favorites applied! Your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone - 30 Points Favorites or feedback in any combination distributed as you choose among up to 5 cards (or, more generally, cardsmiths) of your choice.
    • Prize 16 - Fatigue Spheroid ? Target pirate in this post can't submit their entry until ye get your next box. A cursed cannonball that sends your foes into slumber, granting ye a chance to thieve unimpeded.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare creature with power 0.
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 45 - Matey Macaw ? The parrot is your friend until the end of the deadline and let's choose which challenge to do from the challenges given in the same post as your mystery box. Clever avian companions celebrated for their smarts. Yet, surprisingly, they find kinship among buccaneers.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Choose any mystery challenge in this post.
    @TheKeefMan your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Commander chick with landfall.
    @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-white card with the Selesnya watermark. 
    @ManInMaroon_948 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Phyrexian Viashino creature like in March of the Machine Common March of the Marchine. 
This discussion has been closed.