Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• first time using MTG.Design, love the program. Remade one of my favorite custom cards using it. 

• edited July 2023
    I updated the invocation to be balanced:
    EDIT: Now the image is displayed.

• LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    The first one is ok, the second ones life loss is too much. 4 Life for a 1/1 flyer aint really good. You gain 1 life afterwards, but still paying 3 is a high cost.

Here is an idea how you could rework it:
    3WB
    Lifelink
    Eminence - At the end of your turn, if Agnor Lord of spirits is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you lose 5 life and create a 1/1 blue spirit creature token with flying.
    Whenever a spirit or token enters the battlefield under your control, Agnor Lord of Spirits deals 1 damage to each opponent.
    U, sacrifice a spirit, tap: Scry 1 and add 2 colorless mana. Spend this mana only to activate abilities.

That way you lose only 2 life for creating a spirit cause lifelink heals you and if you attack and then create a spirit you lose 5 life, but get 6 (in commander with 3 opponents).

Heres my creation ;)
    EDIT: I updated it. Thx WaterMonster.

• @TheKeefMan
    Just to note, before posting a card, you need to give feedback to the previous card posted.

Arum-Ta, Near Divine - 
    I really like this card! I love the flavor of the card. I think that it's mana cost is fine.
    You should probably remove deathtouch due to the combination of how trample and deathtouch work together. 
    You also should change the first ability because of how it's worded. The currant wording doesn't allow it to destroy indestructible gods, only deal damage to them (indestructible prevents destruction, not damage).

Fixed wording:
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Arum-Ta fight taget God creature. If that creature is indestructible, then Arum-Ta may destroy it this turn as though it weren't indestructible.

(I think that's better wording)

@LvB
    Elvy, Bee-Kight -
    I like it. It does a lot and it's really fun. I really like the theme of the card. I do think that it should be one more mana because it does do a lot of different things.
    I also think that the tap ability on Elvy should sacrifice it because otherwise you could spam tap it (but not many people play Insect tribal so...). 
    Also maybe change the toxic ability... Toxic is only found on Phyrexians. Maybe change it to deathtouch or something else. (You can keep it if you want, it does add some flavor to it)

There are a bunch of wording issues (You can ignore them if you want:
    - You don't need the comas in the type line
    - You don't need to capitalize first strike and toxic 1, only the first one (Flying) 
    - It should be When Elvy, Bee-Knight leaves..., not If Elvy, Bee-Knight leaves the battlefield...
    - You don't need the quotes for creating the token named Elvy (Also you didn't say the creature type for the token)

~~~~~~~~~~~

I would appreciate feedback on the following cards (I haven't found art for them yet):

Obviously don't take The Flying Horseman of DOOM too seriously lol (It has every evasion ability in magic)

Also do any of you play terraria? I'm making every boss in terraria into a mtg card and I'm not sure if I should post them here (Btw there's 36 of them).
  • @smax765 Isn't that the same image from before?
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Junk Demon could be really fun if you combine it with something else ...
    That should be an interesting combo as long as you have the 1 mana to activate its ability ...
  • @WaterMonster29 it is, because is an edit from the same card
  • Also for @WaterMonster29 the Junk demon is a very interesting card, just that the ability should only put 1 counter plus an additional one for each +1/+1 counter on that creature…
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Life always finds a way. A very strange way.

• Interesting protection ability. I think you could've gotten a similar effect by using Shield Counters, which wouldn't've required as much text since some of their abilities come pre-coded. However, it wouldn't have the same flavor as House Counter. My biggest critique is that it feels too cheap. A 4/5 creature with protection that distributes -1/-1 counters should cost 5 or 6 mana, depending on whether it's rare or uncommon.
    Kudos on the flavor text, btw, very nice.

For my card:
    This guy has a more targeted take on a keyword I've been playing around with, Transplant, which would read something like: Transplant [Eyeball/Arm/Heart] N (To transplant, put N -1/-1 counters on target nonartifact creature or exile target nonartifact creature card from a graveyard, then create an [Eyeball/Arm/Heart] equipment artifact token with Equip {3+N} and "Equipped creature gets +N/+N and has all the abilities of the targeted creature or creature card.")
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    At first, it was hard to understand what exactly the Doctor does. But the idea of transplanting abilities is cool.
    Probably a bit overpowered.
  • @smax765 I really like the concept.  It's extremely flavorful for what your card is supposed to be describing.  I'm not really sure what white is doing in there, since this seems like a VERY red card, but, as it's primarily a defensive trick, I don't have a problem with it being white either.  The cost is right, the effect is cool.  It's floor is blank a blocker and deal a damage, but it's ceiling is removal, 4 total damage, any ETB or Magecraft triggers, wall tribal payoffs, copies that stick around... there's a lot you can use this for.
    The only change I'd make is remove some of the extra words from the flavor text.  "If you can't escape monsters, make them escape you" would probably be sufficient.  Maybe add "...or whatever you bring with you."  I don't know, but the flavor text does seem a little clunky.
    Anyways, phenomenal card, simple, yet flavorful, design, and great art, I'm a fan.

Here's a card I'd like some feedback on.  Honestly, it's just a test card for a new token that I'm hoping could become akin to treasures, food, clues, etc. so I'd really like feedback on Book tokens as much as anything.  Thanks!

Forsaken Library
  • I would make it cheaper, like 1U, and the book token not an enchantment but an artifact.
    And maybe make sacrificing the book cost 1 mana, so people dont abuse this.
    "1, sacrifice this token: Sry 1"
    That way people must chose to either scry or play something for the 1 mana.

• @LvB The wording in both abilities feels a bit off, but I can't place why. I do really like the premise though, and you definitely chose one of the best possible flavour options for that sort of mechanic. I also liked the card. 
    Next up: 

• @LvB
    Whenever a player puts one or more cards into their library, that player shuffles. (This includes on top or on the bottom of their library.)

T: Each player reveals the top card of their library, then puts that card into their hand or shuffles and creates two Treasure tokens.
  • @Korora12
    Whenever you gain control of a nonartifact creature you don't own, note its name and put a -1/-1 counter on it. Then create an a colorless Equipment artifact token named Eyeball with "Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has all abilities of the permanent with the noted name" and equip 4.

Assumption: Eyeball is the name of the equpiment and not a brand new artifact subtype, which would not be recommended.
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Hornet is a bit very strong. With all this abilities it should at least cost 10 mana or more.
    Thx Jadefire, thats a lot shorter and easy to understand ^^
    I made a Battle that stays on the board and transforms when defeated. So its kinda bouncing between the players.

• So how do the battles work? Do they absorb five damage, and then "The other player" (What about multiplayer?) gets them? That makes sense, but how does their defense actually work? Do they block creatures, or spells, or does it just happen automatically when you would take damage? (I'm not going to share a card for feedback yet, because I did just last time. I just want to clarify this)
  • LvBLvB
    edited July 2023
    Battles work like this:
    Player 1 casts it, but player 2 must defend it. Battles can be attacked like players. When a battles life drops to 0 it is transformed.
    When cast the enemy gets it and must defend it. So when you cast it, its placed at the enemy creatures.

Heres an example of a Battle from March of the Machines.
    You can also defeat it with spells that say "Deals damage to any target" or "deals damage to target battle / all battles", but it only transforms when its life drops to 0. So casting a "destroy target permanent" spell on a battle will NOT transform it, but only destroy it.
  • edited July 2023
    I didn't know Battles were canon I thought that was a weird custom thing. Also, march of the machines lore sucks. 
  • LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    Oh nice, another Ooze. We need more Oozes ! Seems good to me as it is.
    This Saga will reset itself at III. and continue next turn at I. At least thats what its intended is to do. Until its controller decides to sacrifice it to the tentacle thing from the sky.
  • @LvB
    Taking a look at Etheral War and it confused me a little...

Caster casts it and target opponent gets that card and they must defend it as if it were a planewalker. When it enters the battlefield, caster picks target permanent to be exiled. Once it is defeated, it is transformed. If you says other player gains control of Ethernal War, I think correct wording is "When Ethernal War transforms, exile it then return onto the battlefield under target opponent control." Because, even if an oppoent gains control of Ethernal War, the ability isn't retriggered. Is that not something you have in the mind?

As for It Came From The Sky, I might be wrong, but I think after III, it is sacificed before all counters are even removed. I would recommend "Sacifice three and exile three target permanents then remove all counters from this card."

Oh also, there are some wording issues. Its caster must choose a permanent to exile by "Exile target permanent." Or it will not work.

I would like a feedback on this card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/color-eater-1
  • @LvB so…why is this a Saga? If the point is for it to have a cyclic effect, why not use a regular enchantment with counters (e.g. Bounty of the Luxa, Tidal Influence)?

Consider this formatting:
    It Came from the Sky {3}{w/u}{w/u}{w/u}
    Enchantment

At the beginning of your precombat main phase, put a tide counter on It Came from the Sky.

Whenever one or more tide counters are put on It Came from the Sky, if there are four or more tide counters on It Came from the Sky, remove all tide counters from it. Otherwise, sacrifice X permanents, then exile X target permanents, where X is the number of tide counters on It Came from the Sky.
    This version has some extra words to account for proliferate shenanigans, but even then it seems much simpler as a regular enchantment.

~~~

@FireOfGolden Color Eater's activated ability is definitely undercosted, considering it permanently removes a creature in an unusual way. It's especially brutal with flicker effects to reset it to colorless. If this is supposed to be an uncommon, I'd suggest upping the activated ability's cost to {5}, given similar effects like Minimus Containment and One with the Stars.

~~~

I'd appreciate feedback on this card:
    Verdant Warden

• LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    Hmm, dont know why Verdant Warden has white in it. Looks to me like a perfect red/green creature.
    I updated eternal war. Should be easier to understand now.
    Works like this now:
    Player 1 casts it and destroys a permanent.
    Player 2 must protect eternal war.
    Player 1 brings Eternal Wars Defense (toughness) to 0 and destroys a permanent.
    Then it transforms, exile itself, Player 2 gets control of it, then it returns to the battlefield.
    Player 2 destroys a permanent.
    Player 1 must protect eternal war.
    and so on.

• @LvB I think this card could be fun to have in play, especially in Commander, but it's a bit weird and overcomplicated. The casting cost might need to be changed, it's assymetrical, Blue is there three times and Black is there only once. Either you can make it with all five allied colour combinations (w/u, u/b, b/r, r/g), or just five colour in the ordinary way, with solid mana pips. Nevertheless, the card concept is interesting and probably very fun, and a more polished variation of it would probably be great to see in the real game. 

Next up: 

/

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/entikon-blood-hero
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/zkamon-sun-hero
    (They're a partner pair so I'm putting them here together)
  • @KorandAngels ;I don't get what you're trying to accomplish with these two; do you just want something between Tazri and Nalia de'Arnise?

These two have such low impact that they feel more like uncommons; Entikon in particular could use a keyword or two since it's practically vanilla. The only other thing of note I can think of is that all existing 'partner with' pairs have different color identities (otherwise they wouldn't need to be partners); perhaps consider making Entikon monoblack and Zkamon monowhite. (It's particularly odd that the 'Sun Hero' can be cast for 2BB, or really that it has black in its mana cost at all.)

I'd appreciate feedback on this card:
    Verdant Warden

• @cadstar369 I appreciate the extra text you added to the impulse draw.  Since everyone can see what that card is anyway, it's a good use of that public information for an extra effect.  The choice of which card types result in life and which result in damage makes sense.  The damage scenario is especially nice if you choose to provoke a creature for the kill or your opponent tries to chump block to preserve their life, you still have a chance to get in some damage.

The first strike with provoke is already a powerful combination, but to then keep Verdant Warden untapped with vigilance and have four points of first striking power on defense as well seems a bit much.  If there was more text space to work with, I'd suggest only giving it first strike when it attacks.  Even then, the first strike makes group blocking Verdant Warden a really risky proposition, since Naya is the colours of instant speed pump and direct damage.  A bad block would result in them going down another creature and you going up another card without removing the Warden.

The art and colour combination don't quite fit a Nightmare Beast.  It looks like they would be more appropriate for a Plant Beast or a Plant Elemental.  Also, you can get away with saying "you may play that card" for the last line.
  • Well since the person above me didn't post a card I guess I am free to just post this one? It is part of a Final Fantasy themed Set which will have summons from final fantasy, creatures, and characters. All will have newer designs such as each final fantasy game typically does. This first card is part of the Carbuncle vs Catoblepas Set I am making. It is the Summon Catoblepas. Let me know what you think, and if you recommend any modifications! ^_^

• edited August 2023
    @Archergirl2000 First of all, nice card! But you have a couple issues. The generic mana in a mana cost always goes first. The attribute doesn't need to be italicized. The wording of the main ability could use some work. Try rewording it as "Whenever a creature dies, you may pay one life. If you do, exile it instead of putting it into the graveyard and put a +1/+1 counter on Catoblepas, Corpse Eater.". Also, when you use instances of the cards name in the card text, it doesnt need to be in quotation marks. Also you don't need to specify it can be a commander, any legendary creature can be your commander. Again, I love the concept!