The Tommian Saga (Promos)

edited June 2019 in Custom Card Sets
My account got its name for a reason, but there were many gaps in execution that prevent the plane of Tommia being brought to life, mainly a lack of time, effort, and patience. While I’d love to backtrack and complete the past four sets I’ve tried (Hyperbase, Earthrealm, Tommia, and Ephemera), Ignisp is in a pretty solid state, so I’m trying something different. Enter: The Tommian Saga.

For the last 4 sets I started (and never finished!) I had a beginning, middle, and end, but never really fleshed out the story. This’ll probably be out of order, but I’m going to go over the primary story events and characters in the first four sets, and... well... expect A LOT of retcons and rehashing.

Anyways, I’ll post the cards and story snippets here. While the events aren’t significant yet, I’ll at least be finishing what I started.

Note that they’ll be a delay for quite a few of these cards, since I’ll have to hand draw art for recurring characters.

Comments

• The Saga Begins

Somewhere in the Multiverse lies a plane not born, but created. Technology and magic have fused to reach a pinnacle; people of the plane can come and go as they please through dimensional gateways, exploring new worlds at a whim. The entire plane is dedicated to enjoyment and relaxation, but the vibes came to an end when a dark mage and assassin named Carter Rhodes ignited his spark and ended up on the Hyperbase...

With the Plane discovered by the Earthrealm planeswalker, the Hyperbase’s existence, along with its technology, was revealed to the Multiverse. Suddenly, invaders began to pour in, Planeswalkers from other dimensions who sought to seize the plane’s technology. The Hyperbase erupted into a massive battlefield, and civilians fled in droves.

One fateful evening, tragedy befell the Plane. After seizing a shipment of Spark Gadgets, which allowed non-planeswalkers to Planeswalk via portal, Carter invaded the Capital Skyscraper with armed mercenaries, nearly killing the Plane’s Leader, Darvick von Laos. Fleeing the plane within an inch of his life, Darvick accidentally Planeswalked to Earthrealm, and it was there that he met a man who knew Carter... a man named Taylor Vich.

During general conversation after a chance meeting, Darvick found out that Carter tried to kill Taylor’s parents, and that Taylor held a grudge against him. Darvick agreed to help Taylor secure vengeance at any cost, if it meant ridding the Plane of Carter’s wrath.

Going with Darvick to the Hyperbase, Taylor learned magic under the tutelage of Kyn, Darvick’s father. Learning to weaponize the essence of life, death, and eternity, it was time to secure his destiny, and with it, revenge against his sworn enemy.

During another attempted takeover, Carter was shocked to find that Taylor had arrived on the Plane, guarding the doorway to Darvick’s Chambers. In an epic confrontation, the two battled with might and magic, and despite Carter being a planeswalker, the battle was a stalemate. Setting aside his grudge to focus on his main objective, Carter put all of his energy into a single explosion that leveled the building, sending Darvick falling to his death.

With no one to replace the fallen Leader, priests performed a divination to decide who would rule the Plane. In a shocking twist, the spirit of Darvick appeared before the masses and made himself known, electing Taylor as the new leader and bestowing upon him his blessing.
  • edited August 2019
    Here's the sets that I'll cover here:

Sets I never finished
    TOMMIA
    - Enter the Hyperbase
    - Hyperbase Invaders
    EARTHREALM
    - Earthrealm
    - Earthrealm Forsaken
    TOMMIA 2
    - Return to Tommia
    - Tommia Colapsed

New Sets
    EXTRA
    ~ Prelude to Ignisp
  • Taylor - Life on Earthrealm I (Pre-Hyperbase)

Emotion Warning - This section contains some emotionally intense content. Read on at your own risk, or skip this section.

Taylor was a 20 year old human from the previously undiscovered plane of Earthrealm. Isolated from much of the Multiverse, not much mana gets to Earthrealm, and therefore, although there is proof of magic and the supernatural, almost no one practices, witnesses, or even, believes in it. However, Taylor and his best friend Elek both had deep experiences with the supernatural. They could feel spirits and sense emotions, and both had witnessed hauntings. They knew of the existence of the supernatural, but wished not to harness it.

Taylor lived with his parents in Freedland, and was the main source of income for his family. Even though he didn't like his life, he lived the life he did out of respect to his parents, and the pity that they would lose the house without him. His parents weren't able to work, and both had major problems that caused dysfunction (card coming), from a nicotine and alcohol dependency to bipolar depression. Every conversation was like walking on land mines, and Taylor knew that one day, if he didn't leave, things were going to get a whole lot worse. His hatred towards his reality brought him into a world of fantasy, and led to his inspiration to become a game designer. However, he knew that in his current situation, he wouldn't be able to go to school and keep the job he was working, so he put his dreams on standby until he could fix the present (card coming)

Taylor's home life was unstable. He cherished every moment he had alone, and loathed every second his parents were together. Minor disagreements turned into full-on arguments that lost their meaning. The smallest things were responded to with threats. Taylor's father threw things, slammed doors, and yelled over everything, while his mother secluded herself, treating her anxiety with cigarettes and beer. Taylor wanted to leave before he became 21, but he never thought it'd be because of this. He had made a plan to leave, from packing a bug-out-bag to secretly buying a weapon behind his parents' back, in preparation for the day his father went too far (card coming).

One day, Taylor disagreed with his father over a petty thing. His father inevitably escalated things, flipping the small table in front of Taylor and grabbing Taylor by the collar. Taylor wrestled out, and escaped through the door, narrowly avoiding a hurtling object. (card coming) Taylor knew at this point that it might be too late, so he made a plan with his best friend to move in. Days later, however, this was brought to an abrupt end when Taylor injured his knee at work (card coming). Stuck living with his parents until he recovered, Taylor went insane, contemplating everything he never did before... (card coming)

Taylor's recovery went on for months. He could technically leave his home, but if he did, he couldn't be accommodated. However, one day, things hit a fever pitch. When a mysterious thug (Carter) attempted to steal the family car from a parking lot for a setup, Taylor's dad nearly beat him to death. (card coming) Already angry, all it took later that evening was his dad to find out Taylor had plans to leave for his dad to lash out on him, injuring him further and significantly worsening his knee. In desperation, Taylor knew he wasn't strong enough to fight back, so he took the family club and hit his father in the back, full force. His dad already had back problems, so the swing left him unable to move, giving Taylor the time he needed to call the police and flee. (cards coming)

(One week later)

Taylor was finally living a peaceful life with his best friend Elek. (cards coming) Although Elek's father wasn't that nice, he understood Taylor's situation, and didn't care if he moved in. Taylor enjoyed the peace he hadn't had in years, but he wasn't completely finished with his parents. He had left his things behind, and he knew he had to go back one last time to get them. Little did he know that this would be the most fateful night of his life, and the start of a rivalry that would span across the Multiverse...

Taylor finally decided to take the trip back home. Armed with a modified BB revolver and a knife, he snuck to the door, but when he went to open it, he was shocked to find it unlocked and ajar, which was highly unusual for his parents. Entering, he was once again spooked when he realized there was a mysterious man in the house, going straight for his parents' bedroom with a revolver. Frightened beyond belief, he forgot all injury, and made a mad dash for the figure, tackling him. The masked man fired his gun, missing Taylor, but deafening him and awakening his parents. Taylor unsheathed his knife and stabbed the man in his hand, causing him to drop the gun. Taylor kicked the gun way, then made a slash at the neck. The man jerked back, and the knife cut off his mask, revealing him to be Carter. Realizing this, Taylor pushed off of him, rolling towards the gun, and carefully shot him in the eye with his BB gun. Partially blinded, Carter's hand became surrounded with fire, and he flung a flame spell at Taylor. Sensing the spell, Taylor barely dodged it, but he hurt his knee in the process. Switching his BB Gun with the real one, Taylor aimed for Carter's head, when his father suddenly burst through the door and attacked Carter with a knife. Carter pulled out a knife of his own and stabbed Taylor's father in the knee, toppling him, but the confusion gave Taylor the window he needed to shoot. Whiffing his aim at the last second, the shot hit Carter in the shoulder, knocking him back. When Taylor went to go for the next shot, however, the gun clicked, and he realized it was out of ammo. Tossing it at Carter, he donned his knife and ran in for the kill. Carter fell, and the knife went straight into his neck. However, in this moment, something happened. As Taylor cut, Carter's body was set aflame. Immolating the area in a massive blast of flame, Carter's Planeswalker spark ignited, and he disappeared. With the house demolished, all Taylor could do is call emergency services and try to save his parents. (cards coming)

Taylor thought Carter was dead, but this was only just the beginning...
  • Can someone make this explode in fancy colors or something? (Better way to put it, close and delete since I'm starting this entire story thing from scratch.)
  • *explosion*
This discussion has been closed.