The Cardsmith Camaraderie set (Commanders/Legendaries only) *Needs your input!*

edited July 2019 in Custom Card Sets
Hello fellow cardsmiths, it's Mercy here coming with an ambitious project. The goal of this project is to make as many cardsmiths into commander leading cards. The additional details of the set will be listed below. Myself need your help by having you as a cardsmith post a few things in a comment, which will be mentioned below at the end after all the debriefing on the project.

Myself also hope to print these cards professionally and send them to you, the community through whatever means is convenient and at whatever scale is possible.

Thank you for listening, the rest of the details will be listed below.
-----
Color Combinations in the set? -> Every color combination including colorless. (Color #'s; 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
How many cards are there of each color combination? -> 3.
How many cards are in the set? -> 96.

Are there creatures and planeswalkers? -> Yes.
How many creatures are there for each color combination? -> 2.
How many planeswalkers are there for each color combination -> 1.

Is there purple in the set as a color? -> Disappointingly, no. This is only for firmly supported colors.

How long will this take? -> Depending on participation, this could be done in three months at earliest.

What are the rewards for supporting you in this endeavor? -> Not certain yet, am still seeing if myself can ship your individual card directly to you through MTGCS, via postage. Obviously, double sleeved to keep it safe if we do so.

Is this part of an upcoming contest? -> Hopefully, myself am seeing the logistics of professionally printing and shipping each card from the set to a grand winner of an upcoming contest.
-----

This is the end of the debriefing, here is where you come into the picture!

Step 1: Give us some preferred names/nick-names for yourself.
Step 2: Give us your preferred pronoun/gender. (This is for card art to be respectful.)
Step 3: Give us at least three of your favorite color identities, in order of most to least preferred.
Step 4: Give us at least three of your favorite specific deck archetype/styles.
Step 5: Specify any other preferences for your card.

Lastly, post a comment with all this information down below. Please be careful to not use real names for the preferred names, unless you're comfortable with others knowing.

Thanks and happy smithing!

Comments

• 1: Tomigon
    2: He/male
    3: Black, red, white
    4: Aggro
    5: I want my card to have an ability that let me get card from library or graveyard.
  • 1: The Sutured Heart Man
    2: He/male
    3: Black, Black/Blue, Black/Green
    4: Suicide black, Combo (but jank), Scarecrow tribal
    5: The weirder the better.
  • edited July 2019
    1: Lujik, Lujikul, Lujik'Ul
    2: He/him/they/them
    3: Blue/red, blue/black/red, blue, colorless
    4: Self-mill (eg skaab tribal), burn, affinity, control, sneak attack
    5: Any flavor associated with strings/threads or weaving would be much appreciated.
  • 1. Hiro, Heroke, Hero of the Capes. Please don't use HeroKP, as it will look out of place on a magic card

2. Two options. If you're making something vaguely humanoid, then He/him. Genderless Eldritch abominations may be referred to as anything you please.

3. Sultai, Dimir, Simic, Esper

4. M I L L, Graveyard recursion, Control, Token machines

5. Mad science flavour would be very nice
  • @Tomigon @TheSuturedHeartMan @Lujikul @HeroKP
    The first incarnations of your cards are ready. Will send them to you for approval later today.
  • @murkletins I feel so honoured! :D
  • Per request

1. TigerFang or a variation thereof would be fine.

2. Preferably he/him but I dont really care a whole ton.

3. Simic, Grixis, Rakdos

4. Combo Control, Midrange, and Combo

5. I would like to see something abusable but not broken. If it is strange and janky as well, then that would be great.

Thanks.
  • edited July 2019
    1: Dechujoh
    2: He/Him (male pronouns)
    3: Selesnya, Orzhov, Golgari
    4: Tokens and Lifegain (in anyway.) and Quick death. (THAT IS NOT INFECT OR POISON! IE: deathtouch only.)
    5:Cats, Cats and more Cats. (As long as Cat is apart of the creature type I'm good.)
  • edited July 2019
    1. -EmolgAn, -Emolg, An .... or -Nalthael
    2. He/Him/She/Her ( doesn't care )
    3. Boros, Selesnya, Orzhov, Naya,
    4. Aggro, Tokens, Gain and Pay Life. ( one archetype for each guild ^^)
    5. I like to buff my creatures , so please make my a buffer leader.
  • 1. Cat, TheCat, Nai, Ian, Ianua
    2. He/Him
    3. Azorius, Simic, Dimir, Esper, Bant, Orzhov
    4. Control, Vannifar Pod, Drain, Artfacts
    5. Kitties, secrets, and murders. And weird hybrids.
  • 1. Tenebris/Nemo
    2. He/Him/It/Them
    3. Orzhov/Grixis/Izzet
    4. Midrange/Control/Combo
    5. Absolute power at any cost.
  • 1. Bloodfire (although this is mainly on xbox), Lukaes, Luca, Luke
    2. He/Him
    3. Depends on the nickname:
    Bloodfire: Red/Green/Black
    Lukaes: Colorless/Blue
    Luca/Luke: Green/Colorless/White/Blue/Black
    4. Green Ramp-Stompies
    Colorless Voltron
    Blue Draw-Go Mill
    5. Depends on the color and nickname
    Bloodfire: Direct Damage, +1/+1, Unblockable or custom evasion ability
    Lukaes: Card draw, evasion
    Luca/Luke: +1/+1, equipments matter, draw/mill

I hope this isn't too many choices! I think this will be a cool custom set and I'll print off a bunch of these and go into commander next Friday and be like "Wanna see Commander 2019? Here they are!" and see how many jaws drop!
  • 1. Any variation of my username. As a side note, Tigersol is just the combined names of two salamanders I had. I don't have the soul of a tiger.
    2. He/him/his.
    3. Dimir, Grixis, Sultai.
    4. Midrange, graveyard shenanigans, control.
    5. I would like if my card could either interact with my graveyard or draw me cards. Those are my two favorite things in Magic.
  • Myself have @ThatOneCat and everyone prior who commented, completed the initial iterations of their cards.
  • edited July 2019
    1. Septim Ra
    2. He/him
    3. Sultai, Esper, Colorless
    4. Control, wheel, jank combo
    5. EDIT: Make the person as unremarkable or normal as possible (I mean the appearance, not the abilities). Plus turning everything at instant speed would also be nice.
  • 1. Mo-Pir
    2. He-Him
    3. WUBRG
    4. Hydra Tribal
    5. Mo-Pir is a mythic rare planeswalker. Also, hydras in every color would be nice.
  • edited July 2019
    1. Ranshi, Ashnr, Wesley, Johan, Anyr, Shinar, Weleka
    2. Whatever really works with the name
    3. Bant, Grixis, Temur
    4. Swarm (anything that involves getting a LOT of creatures. Such as my Eldrazi Scion, Saproling, Soldier, Goblin, or Elf decks.)
    4. Burn
    4. Control
    5. Not that I can think of.
  • 1. Vagorath (Pathfinder): I dont really have any preferred names so whatever you feeling works.
    2. I identify as Male/ He but it doesntt matter
    3. Esper (Even tho I dont play it)
    4. Jank Combo, Wheel, Graveyard
    5. My fav characters are archer-like and assassins...but if that doesnt work then what ever your feeling at the time
  • 1. Koran-engel, Angelic, La'ayiv
    2. I don't really mind, make it neutral if artistically possible.
    3. Altruism, mono-white, naya (Altruism is non-black 4 colour)
    4. Ajani's pridesmate combo, tokens, weird stuff.
    5. This slot will be updated at some point.
  • edited July 2019
    1. Moth (Primary name I use for any website, if available.)
    2. Male, but gender doesn't matter that much.
    3. Mono-White, Mono-Black, U/G
    4. Death & Taxes, Devotion, Morph
    5. I hate Planeswalker Commanders for several reason (My entire play group gangs up on them as soon as possible, almost all of them feel like terrible one-shot spells, most have a single lackluster ability that lets them down, using the ultimate feels like an impossible task).
  • 1.Nuug, or something similar that sounds better
    2.He/Male, doesn't matter much.
    3.Temur, Izzet, Jeskai, Simic
    4.Enters-the-battlefield synergy, Instants/Sorceries matter, Midrange
    5.Some kind of random/wacky effect would be appreciated.
  • edited July 2019
    1. Suicidal Deity
    2. None
    3. Orzhov (white/black), Abzan (white/black/green), WUBRG (all five colours.)
    4. Vampires and/or knights for tribal. Artifact deck. Proliferate.
    5. Seeing something unique. Whether that be a combo of abilities unseen before, or a new mechanic.
  • 1: Red, Rebecca, Graysyn, Redrewt
    2: They/them, would prefer a more gender neutral or feminine depiction
    3: Green/black, green/blue, white/blue/black, 4 color without red, 4 color without white
    4/5: +1/+1 counters, tokens, artifacts. I like large complicated boardstates and making lots of creatures and such. Creating a sort of chess game, where you have to strategize and consider your options a lot, even if sometimes the best option is to just swing with everything.
    At the end of the day though, have fun with it and use what you know of me as best you can, you've seen enough of my cards to probably get a good idea of what things I lean towards or away from. Bonus points for using lesser known/obscure mechanics.
  • Step 1: Ax, Eldoon, various other anagrams
    Step 2: He
    Step 3: Bant, Azorius, Simic
    Step 4: Gimmicky stuff, control, making bad stuff good
    Step 5: If you want, make it needlessly complicated.
  • Step 1: Corwinnn
    Step 2: He/Him/It
    Step 3: Any color is fine, as I tend to play them all .
    Step 4a: Control/Permission
    Step 4b: Tribal
    Step 4c: I also love using unexpected cards.
    Step 5: Feel free to do whatever!
  • Step 1: Temurzoa, Successor of Shapes, The Certain Dreamer, It That Supplanted Gelectrode In The Divine Spheres Known As MTGCardsmith, Supreme Servant of Amoeba Almighty, Grand Poobah of That Which Should Not Be, etc, etc.
    Step 2: They/Them/It
    Step 3: Temur
    Step 4: Morph, copies, ramp, political, whatever.
    Step 5: New design space in Commander would be great!
  • Thanks everybody, for entering so far. This is a massive project that myself want to make sure is a success and you're helping do that greatly.

Quick update: Myself will likely not be making as many cards today as yesterday, since it's my dad's birthday today and we're hanging out this evening. But will still try to make a few, if able.

For the most part myself have been designing the cards in a first come first served basis, but given the resoundingly positive amount of entries, myself can now do so more strategically on which cards fit where to best fulfill each cardsmith's favorite color combination.

Just because myself am not making as many cards today, doesn't mean myself want the entries to slow down. As the larger the cardsmith pool is, the more strategics can be done in color placement.
  • Happy Birthday Parental Figure!
  • glitch111error
    male
    sultai
    zombie slow burn
  • Happy birthday Mr. Father Figure!
This discussion has been closed.