COLONISERS: Season 7!!! (Colonisers of Nemain)

Comments

• If somehow it is not clear, I am choosing option B.  They have no authority over this land now that we are here, and we will not stand for even the pretense of a challenger.
  • I'm almost done, but it's past midnight where I live and I need to get some sleep. I'll get my response finished tomorrow.
  • edited February 2021
    @Aggroman15 @TimurGlint

I really don’t want to rush you guys, but this is way into overtime, and we kinda need to get moving.
  • About how long until the season ends?
  • Sorry! I'm almost done, I'm just having a bit of trouble finding good art. It'll be done in less than an hour.
  • Jael was sitting in his throne room thinking about what to do should the nation be attacked. His throne room had an open ceiling, as the fresh air helped him relax and he didn't need to worry about rain. He was deep in thought when a strange creature dropped down from the sky, landing on its feet. It was a bird-like thing, but also humanoid. Its pure-white eyes were unsettling, and its stance threatening.

Hello, King Jael of the Four Seasons Kingdom.

It was a quiet but powerful voice, one that exuded authority. Jael looked down at the creature from his throne and said, "Who are you, and what business do you have here? I do not appreciate strange people dropping into my throne room."

Ah, so arrogant. Assuming that any part of this world is actually yours. My name is of no importance to you, for now you may simply call me Nemain. I am a representative of the world, and have come seeking an agreement.

"And what does the world want?" Jael asked, intrigued.

We wish for you to stop harming the land. Your seasonal alterations have destroyed ecosystems. Animals and plants aren't meant to stay in one season year-round.

Jael look taken aback. "Are you suggesting that we stop altering the seasons? That would destroy our entire way of life!" He regained his composure, and then continued, "Plants and animals will adapt. They did on our home world, they will here."

Nemain took a step forward, and exclaimed angrily Perhaps they will adapt, but how many generations will feel the endless cold of your winter, or the relentless heat of your summer before they do? You talk about your way of life being destroyed, but you think nothing of the rest of the world! Cease your weather magic now, or prepare for us to stop it for you.

Jael stood up from his throne and stared at Nemain with a burning intensity. "I take care of my people first. Such a change would be devastating to our entire civilization. I refuse to dismantle our most important resource because of your demands."

So be it, then. Prepare to face the the forces of Nemain.

And with that, Nemain spread its wings, and flew out of the throne room.

Outside the Natural Order (Entry)

It should be abundantly clear, but I'm going with the Defy Nemain option. Also, for any flying foes looking to get into the throne room through the open roof, after this incident Jael is installing a ceiling.
  • KEKW.  Good to know we have to divvy their attentions....
  • @AboveAndAbout

S8 will probably roll out in late spring.
  • edited February 2021
    @TimurGlint hasn't been active since late January, so we'll wait just a tig, and if we don't get a response we will unfortunately have to move on without them... : (
  • how long is a "tig"?
  • @DrakeGladis

As in, we will start judging now, but if @TimurGlint gets in between now and us making the post, we’ll let it slide.
  • He's judging.
  • The judging has been completed! Terribly sorry for the wait, some IRL stuff came up. This is not an easy time...

We now solemnly swear by the rims of our hats that you will have the results no later than in 25 hours!

@spookoops @SpellPiper2213 @LordTachanka123 @IzItTru @Nomp @ChoyBoi @RegalGorgon13 @DrakeGladis @AxNoodle @Aggroman15 @TimurGlint
  •  @HeroKP Hello!  Sorry, I've been really busy with a school project lately. Everything will be ready today, I swear.
  • My entry:
    The Temple of Doom
    Crypt of The Dark

The Løre:

-So, you say that you are don't want this war. We too. It seems you aren't absolutely Nemain-friendly,but we offer you a deal. You must find our sanctuary in six days. if you succeed, we join you and live in peace. If not... Let's just say it's in your best interest to succeed.-A winged raven-like man said

-That's a deal. - Kamagiwik answered.

Soon aftewards.

-Tehonapa! I've called you because I need your help. We must find a sanctuary of these spirits or we are doomed. You are my best archeologist and I count on you. Please, do not fail

- I will do my best.

Letter to Kamagiwik:

We have found a temple with some symbolics, which can be interpritated as Th Dark Ones. we are currently digging there but there is nothing useful. Not a sign of the sancuary. There is only one day left. I'm afraid we must surrender.
    -Tehonapa

-But how can we find it. I know this place is somehow connected to the interest of our search. To find the Dark Ones we must think like Dark Ones. What are the greatest qualities of Nemain?

-
    Darkness, fog, woods, fear. Those are the basics.

-
    Where are these things in the hieroglyphics? Oh, here they are! Finally! What happens if we press them?

Tehonapa presses the hieroglyphics. Suddenly a portal appeared and a voice said:

-You've found our sanctuary. Enter it and you will be our guests and friends.

The portal crackled and the archeologists entered a crypt. The same Archduke of the Dark  satthere and laughed.

-Now, you are our friends. Get ready to march upon the angels. 

Purple dusk was falling on the border of Sun Empire. The weather out of hot became foggy. That meant the angels were away at their crusade. None of them saw lizardlike shadows on they peaks. Kamagiwik looked at his men: Gazauhar, Razahakh, Tehonapa, Gatlah... He knew that all of them would easily sacrifice themselves for him and the Dominion. Then he thought of all his army. could he say the same about each of them? "Yes, I can. Each of them would go on the edge of the world for me. Well, that's where we're going."

-It's time to attack sir, - said Gazauhar. -Everybody is ready, they just wait for the command.

Kamagiwik looked at his soldiers one last time. A tear went out of his eye, when he thought, that some of them will be dead  by tomorrow. But it's not time for cries. What's started shal be ended. The Empire must fall. Kamagiwik gathered all his forces and shouted "Once there will be a day, when the dusk will never come for the Zarildi. But it's not today! Today we win.Today  we rise. Today we CHARGE!!!" All warriors took his cheer and attacked. It looked, like a giant wave going down over a wall. Now it was all upon the fortune and will of Nemain and the Caped Hero.

War card:
    Coordinated Charge
  • @TimurGlint

...You're a damn lucky one. We were just about to redraw the map, and that would have been the point of no return.
  • Be glad this isn't a college class!
  • @spookoops @SpellPiper2213 @LordTachanka123 @IzItTru @Nomp @ChoyBoi @RegalGorgon13 @DrakeGladis @AxNoodle @Aggroman15 @TimurGlint

For reasons that will eventually become apparent, THE BURDEN OF ELIMINATION HAS BEEN MOVED FROM THE LAST CHALLENGE ONTO THIS ONE. All the dominoes are falling into place not quite as expected, yet they will still all fall in turn - such is our decree.

Image result for broken moon fantasy art

In other news, the situation has just gotten a lot more complex. 

In the middle of the night, when the more sensible among your populace were sleeping (those of them that were able to sleep, of course), a loud crack was heard all throughout the land, a sound so jarring and so unnatural that it made many picture the end of times.
    Upon looking at the night sky, for many those split-second nightmares became a long-lasting reality.

The Lune of Nemain, an object that had long fascinated onlookers, especially those from foreign worlds such as you lot... It had always seemed to emanate an energy that calmed this slight world slightly, made it at least a little tamer. It was a warm, greenish light that gave an indication of hope. Both that hope and the moon were now, seemingly out of nowhere and completely suddenly broken apart. No probable cause of such a cataclysmic event was found at the time, yet that didn't help anything. No amount of logic was going to reassemble the shards in the sky leaking magma into the void like glowing, orange vitae.

This immediately heralded the arrival of stranger times than ever before. Widespread panic, massive psychogenic illness and general madness began their reign of terror that night. Soon, even more bizarre and alarming circumstances came into light - disappearances of a strange fashion, unprecedented aggression from the wildlife, and horrifying plagues of mutation consuming the outer regions.

Image result for horrifying mutation fantasy art

And now all that is YOUR PROBLEM!

For NEXT MONDAY, make us some cards representing you trying to reconcile two opposing tasks you are faced with:

1. Figuring out what caused the moon to shatter, as well as utilising all the magical energy that was liberated during the process.

2. Try to instill order into your realm, most of all the parts of it that are devolving into chaos.

And we know we don't usually go into specifics like this, but BONUS POINTS to anyone who can make at least one card which showcases you doing both AT THE SAME TIME.

Good luck, (you'll need it), and happy smithing!

P.S.

@spookoops and @DrakeGladis -> Don't think we forgot about you! It is obvious that mutations are not something that applies to your factions, so your troubles instead manifest themselves as strange bugs and erratic malfunctions of your base units. A slightly different, yet every bit as pertinent a problem to resolve.

• Oh yeah.... THIS IS IT BOIS! 
  • edited February 2021
    Qatha Federation (@SpellPiper2213 @me)
    Allied with: Zarildi Dominion, Empire of the Rising Sun, Tsayami Empire
    Enemies with: Woods of Wendigo
    At War With: Woods of Wendigo

Xedd (@spookoops)
    Allied with: Nemain
    Enemies with: [none]
    At War With: [none]

Koreli Mystics (@LordTachanka123)
    Allied with: Woods of Wendigo

Children of Neress (@IzItTru)
    Allied with: [none]
    Enemies with: Nemain
    At War With: Nemain

Talniri Clan (@Nomp)
    Allied with: Tsayami Empire
    Enemies with: Empire of the Rising Sun

Empire of the Rising Sun (@ChoyBoi)
    Allied with: Qatha Federation, Nemain
    Enemies with: Woods of Wendigo, Talniri Clan, Zarildi Dominion
    At War With: Woods of Wendigo, Zarildi Dominion

Woods of Wendigo (@RegalGorgon13) ;
    Allied with: Zarildi Dominion, Koreli Mystics
    Enemies with: Empire of the Rising Sun, Qatha Federation
    At War With: Empire of the Rising Sun, Qatha Federation

Schwarmi Nodule (@DrakeGladis) ;
    Allied with: [none]

Tsayami Empire (@AxNoodle)
    Allied with: Qatha Empire, Talniri Clan

Four Seasons (@Aggroman)
    Allied with: Zarildi Dominion

Zarildi Dominion (@TimurGlint)
    Allied with: Qatha Federation, Woods of Wendigo, Four Seasons
    Enemies with: Empire of the Rising Sun
    At War With: Empire of the Rising Sun

@Everybody here's the current ally/enemy/war list. I've added the "Nemain" faction to factions that are definitively allied or against Nemain.
  • @SpellPiper2213 Just a heads up, I chose option A, siding with Nemain (more of indifferent) in the last challenge.
  • Wow, that's a lot of enemies.
  • @HeroKP I'm interested to hear more....specifiv times of when s8 is coming. March? April? I really want to participate in this!
  • @TheDukeOfPork, nobody really knows. There's no set date, just an estimation.
  • @spookoops my mistake. Thanks for catching that.
  • @TheDukeOfPork these things tend to go at their own pace, although usually they try to have either a challenge and/or elimination every week (barring extensions), so you could potentially take a rough guess on when this season will end by how many weeks it'll take to eliminate everyone. After that there's usually maybe a month give or take of downtime between seasons depending on how ready the Colonisers team is and how much interest has been shown for the next season.
This discussion has been closed.