COLONISERS: Season 7!!! (Colonisers of Nemain)

Comments

• Yoo... ok.  Sorry, that crept up on me while I was trying to make up for schoolwork missing due to funeral stuff.  I'll see what I can do.
  • @DrakeGladis

>funeral stuff

...My condolences
  • How do I participate in these?
  • @jpastor We're in the middle of a season right now, so you can't join this one, but when this one ends and the next one starts you can join that one.
  • Okay! I thought that was the case. Thanks @Aggroman15
  • Lightstep Inquisitors

"Two different missions?" Tenar asked. "Is restructuring the spy network's mission statement really necessary?"

"The damn moon blew up," Sarai said. "We need knowledge, and we need management. I think restructuring is necessary."

Tenar thought about it for a second. "As the devils advocate, what if they don't do as well as you hope? The inquisitors, I mean."

"Then they don't work, and we try and do better," Sarai replied.
  • @JPastor You don't know what I'm getting into..... (Joke; this stuff is amazing)
  • 48 hours after the breaking of the Lune

"Jene! An emergency meeting is being called." A runner ran up, handing Jene a note. Nodding, Jene jumped out the window to her left, gliding over to a balcony many floors above. Landing gracefully, she walked inside, where a collective of some of the most powerful angels of the Rising Sun sat. Vaxara, her sister and the war leader of this campaign. Renha, leader of the mages. Artra, her younger sister and leader of the scientists called to examine the effects of the Lune.

"What have we learned of the Lune's shattering? Artra?" Jene said as she walked up to the war table.

"Lune's shattering has caused many negative effects to all of Nemain. Biological organisms are all affected by a sickness, and technological beings are plagued by bugs and system crashes. Renha and her mages have established a temporary protection, but we are working on a permanent fix from the shards we have harvested. We have managed to create a working solution to harness the power released by the Lune. Created by our mages, it is a way to turn the raw energy released into malleable magical energy we can use to power our weapons. We are, however, working on a solution that will encompass protection and harnessing power." Artra pulls out a sheaf of papers, before continuing to speak. 

"The sickness is demonstrated differently within different people. Within our human populace, it appears as a virus, while within the angel population, it appears as a strange warping in their being." A mage stepped forward, conjuring an image of some sort of strange warped angel.

Artra continued, "These angels have violent tendencies, and attack without discrepancy. We have captured all angels warped before we enacted a boundary, and have been seeking ways to cure them. If we fail, they would make powerful weapons on the battlefield, even though it abhors me to say this." An angel standing by her brought out a box, which glowed, even though it was opaque. 

(entry)

"The solution we have found is within the shards of the falling Lune itself. They hold potent magic, while also, we have found, able to siphon the corrupted Lune sickness out of humans. It doesn't work on angels." Finally finished, she stepped back, allowing Renha to take the stage.

"For a temporary solution, we have enacted an ancient ward magic that have been passed down in my family for generations. It will protect our people until Artra's team has harvested enough Lune shards to remove the corruption from our land. The wards freeze the flow of any dark magic, meaning the Lune sickness will stop spreading and stop the warping and sickness until they fall. Knowing my team's strength, we will be able to hold them until Artra's team has the permanent solution. Any questions?" Renha stepped back, the entire table nodding their assent, before looking to Jene.

"The plan makes sense. Renha, how many of your mages can we spare?" Jene said, looking at the map intently, and the figures clustered around the border of the Wendigo.

"Around half. Most don't have the experience to hold the wards," Renha replied.

"Good. Vaxara and I will take them to the Wendigo's border, and we will commence the attack on the Wendigo while they are weak."

(war card)
  • The Children of Neress were at war with Nemain, the bleak messengers and horrors would attempt to destroy their cities at night when they were strongest and the Children would repel them. Jemaine wielded the Shield of Silence during those nights protecting his warriors.

But they were losing still, the moon had shattered on one of those deadly nights and with it came the plagues of mutations that affected the weaker resolved. Lienne knew that if she did nothing soon all of their progress would crumble.

(Not my entry lore card.)

So once again she set out into the desert towards the oasis with five disciples in tow, finally after a dark walk they arrived at the Silent Oasis. She stared to the sky the shards of the lune spreading across leaving trails of glowing lava.

"Prepare to begin the ritual, we have not a moment to spare!" she pulled an old book from within her cloak and opened to the marked page, ancient script and charts were written in an ancient languages. She took her staff and began to draw one of the charts into the sand, it was labeled in the tome as "The Ritual of Healing" and with any luck she could use the power released from the Lune to heal those afflicted by it's shattering. Once she was done with the inscription she directed her disciples to each stand at one point around the circle. Lienne stood in the center, she looked at the sky and raised her staff up channeling her magic into the circle, the five acolytes started chanting gifting her their power. The circle began to glow and thrum with their chanting. The light turned to a molten orange matching that in the sky and cinders began rising from it.

Lienne's mind left her body soaring through the cosmos as she channeled the power from the shattered celestial body finally after what felt like a century her mind was returned as she collapsed to the ground. Her strength returned to her and she stood up looking for her disciples, but the five were missing. A cloud of dust rose from the ritual site were they once stood, their mind unable to handle what they had seen they were disintegrated on the spot. Lienne felt sick, did it work? Could the ritual help save the children's young nation? With any hope their sacrifice would not be in vain.

(My Entry)

• edited February 2021
    Harbinger watched as the Lune cracked and released its magic upon the lands, and laughed, it laughed harder than it could ever remember. Harbinger cares not for the sanctity of the plane nor its denizens, allied or not. It was intrigued to see what this omen would bring. 

What Harbinger did not anticipate was to be greeted with a pleasant surprise. It watched as a beam from the Lune blasted its way into one of his Xedd, only for that Xedd to planeswalk out and then into existence.

________________________________________________________________________________________
    The Xedd have a protocol; when one or any Xedd malfunction, get corrupted, or mis-coded, they are labeled Heretics, and get "deactivated"... Then they create anew. Cruelly diabolical, yet efficient and effective.

• Got a question for anyone who isn't play that follows this; what faction are you rooting for?
  • That faction got cut...
  • There is no more New Dromoka.
  • What?!  I... Oh.

• With the Chaand's energy, Mason managed to forge it into one thing, one blade, one item. He could smell war. And he was ready for it. 
    The people would do what they always had. They were nomads, and they were trained scouts. But for those who could not protect themselves, the sword would fight for them. If only there were a warrior who could wield it...
  • Sorry, I'm out.
  • I kinda want someone to root for me, but also not

• I don't expect anyone to root for me; the Rising Sun has basically been the archenemy of everyone. I mean look at my enemies list
  • “I fear a great evil has descended upon this world. The Lune once protected us from an unknown threat, now ravaging our people and riling the fauna. While our Warlord is still locked in a game with the nature spirits, I must decide what to do about this new crisis.

It has been found that, while mutated beyond recognition, our afflicted warriors maintain their sense of honour. They shall form a new vanguard - The DistortedWe do not know the dangers of this disease, or its cause. Thus, they shall run the most perilous of missions in order to die a warrior’s death rather than be taken dishonourably by the potential threat of this mutilation.

With the energy released by the Lune, we may fashion enchanted blades for this new vanguard. The warding power still has strength, so these swords shall readily destroy the darkness while maintaining the warrior’s honour.

However, slaves are not so honour-bound. Slaves with the mutations are to be used to research the properties to this disease or hanged, for they may yet pose a threat to the workforce.

I have instructed the Greater Way circle to begin the forging of these blades. I hereby promote you to General of The Distorted. Begin their collection and bind them to the blades once you are supplied with them.

May the Honour of Tsayami guide us.”
    - Tomakaru, writing to General Umemura of the Distorted

• On a side note, I have a theory about Nemain.

This seems similar to what happened on Innistrad when Emrakul started Shadows Over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon - she whispered madness into the plane (through Avacyn) and then broke in and started the mass mutilations. Eventually, she was imprisoned in the moon with warding magic.

However, we also know that she let herself be imprisoned. What if she let herself... because she could escape to the sister plane, Nemain?
    However, unexpectedly, Nemain’s twin Lune was stronger than anticipated. In this world, nature had won over humans - but that made them no less vulnerable to her whisperings.
    Eventually, we show up. Nemain’s nature is made insidious by Emrakul, and when it is angered enough, Emrakul had enough power to break free and start her mutations again.

(this is probably absolutely not what happened, just useless theorycrafting, especially seeing as this is Hero’s world)
  • It's a hot theroy tho
  • @AboveAndAbout thanks for the vote of confidence, what drew you to rooting for me and my Xedd?
  • I like the idea of technological superiority above mortal beings...
  • Late in the night when the moon shattered, the shamans of the Talniri wasted no time in siphoning the immense magical power. Thanks to the near tireless nature of the Talniri people it took little time to gather the various sages together to begin a ritual.

All through out the land lights could be seen as the fathomnauts worked the time warping power of the Fathom. They began by carving out the moments after and returned the moments before. Shifting consequence like one might shuffle a deck of cards. Thanks to the power of the moon the ritual was completed before madness could take a permanent and strong hold.

Inside Talniri lands it was as if the moon had never changed. Local reality was re-written in a fashion. Some of the shamans worried that the shadow council would object to this uncoupling of truths but the majority, including many Old Ways devotees, said the pact was not violated. The moons exploding seemed neither natural nor directly part of the original agreement as it was not part of the 'land'. Arckus claimed that technically the moon did still explode but they used a portion the energy it released to forge a temporary replacement pulled from the past. If anything they were trying to restore the natural order.

Either way the Talniri and any who wander into their lands will see the moon as it had been before its destruction.
    Split Reality
This discussion has been closed.