Tournament of Champions 4 (The game has begun!)

Comments

• @shadow123 I thought something like that. You seemed to really enjoy it last time! I'm also kinda glad you're participating, because you'll probably (might) give feedback. Thank you on my card! Do you get to host the next one if you win?
  • Also, is there anything in specific that you like about it?
  • edited March 2021
    @TheDukeOfPork I think so. Tenebris wasn’t able to finish ToC2, so he’s hosting this one, and I believe I’m hosting ToC5 since I won ToC3.
  • @shadow123 I honestly just read your story and I literally teared up.
  • edited March 2021
    A laugh resounded through the large dining hall. Aveena, dressed in standard Orzhov clothing, was levitating a chalice of blood, attempting to summon the spirits.

The spirits appeared around her, slowly circling her like one might circle its prey.

"Spirits, do my bidding!" Aveena, giddy with her success, forgot to greet the spirits kindly.

"Do you dare to disrespect us? We will be your end!" a spirit cried as it lashed out at Aveena's semi-ethereal form.

Aveena laughed again, and, holding out the chalice, pulled the spirits toward it.

"No!" they wailed.

Minutes later, the room was empty, and Aveena was alone again, holding her special chalice.

Personality
    Race: Human
    Special Abilities: Summoning Ghosts, Blood pacts

Aveena is a very old human who lives in Ravnica. Aveena, like many expect, is hosting a demon inside her home, who in return grants her a long extended lifetime. As head of the Oligarchy, she commands thousands of thrulls and spirits, all of which are means to collect her dues. If one can't pay with coins, she's all the more willing to accept their blood to fill her chalice. Even if she looks defenseless, she always has another surprise for her enemies.

Aveena's chalice is a special tool to summon ancient spirits. She needs fresh blood to activate its abilities. It's also her way of performing blood pacts with demons and angels alike. Without it, her skills are limited, but she's learned small charms and spells to keep her alive if she loses it. 
  • > "Age: 320"

Wow, oldest yet.
  • Oops, let me change that. I didn't mean 320.
  • Ok, I fixed it
  • mine is the youngest yet I think
    6 years old
  • Woah, gee, @WarriorCatInAhat, that's young. Is that how old your are? JK, JK.
  • no
    he's an aetherborn
    aetherborn have an extremely short lifespan
  • specifically 4 years, but he's magically elongated his lifespan
  • go on the wiki

• WTPA = Wow that's pretty amazing 

Understand?
  • ohhhh
    I looked it up and it said it meant "where's the party at"
    I was very confused for a hot minute
  • I think you should stop using acronyms for everything. Then we have to ask what it means and you end up doing more typing. :D
  • Hahahaha!

But-but, I love using acronyms! 
  • edited March 2021
    Can we take a legendary creature that we made in the past, and just create a secondary card? (I have a legendary creature I made before I joined the forums, and I have a cool idea. I just want to know if it's okay to start with an old card.)

Although, now that I think about it, maybe it would be better to use it for a secondary or tertiary form...
  • @TheDukeOfPork look up Zalgo in Google, the first result is a Zalgo text generator. You just type what you want to write into it and copy-and-paste the result into here.
  • edited March 2021
    -retracted-
  • Seems very hard to read
  • L̵͍̐̓i̶̜̊͆̒̐ḳ̵̮̞̓͛͠e̴̲̗͊ ̶T̵̛̺̞̺̋h̴̨̪̑̆̀i̴̢͇̹̋͋̐s̵̠̓͒͋?̴̠͛̽
  • edited March 2021
    Well, you're not wrong, but it's good for conveying a sense of wrongness in written speech, which was used to good effect in ToC3.

Yes, like that.
  • @AboveAndAbout don't use it willy nilly though. Zalgo text holds great power, and with great power comes great responsibility
  • Not just great amounts of responsibility, but great amounts of characters eaten as well.

glares at character limit menacingly