Harken's Mercenary/Cardsmith Contracts

"Welcome Mercenary Recruits, today is the beginning of your more in-depth training, you will all be able to choose a contract from below and do your best to complete it. Any finished contract will get you a favorite, and even possibly the admiration of fellow Recruits."

"Now I ain't much when it comes to explaining things, so bear with me Recruits if this is hard to understand, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Now, each Recruit can only take one contract each weak, and I will try to find more contracts each week, but expect me to be a bit late at times."

"Here are the following contracts for the week:"

Contract 1: Create a Legendary black creature that lets you search for a card.

Contract 2: Create a common card that you can have any number of them in your deck.

Contract 3: Create a shaman creature that lets you sacrifice creatures.

Contract 4: Create a card that allows you to constantly create treasure.

Contract 5: Create a legendary creature for an underused creature type.

Contract 6: Create a druid creature that lets you gain life.

Contract 7: Create a mercenary card.

"Again, sorry if it's a bit hard to understand, I'm still trying to get used to this kind of thing." 

"One last thing, try to make your cards as realistic looking as possible, and flavor text is welcomed, though none of that is necessary. The only thing that is necessary is for you to have fun!" - Harken Krieg, Grisbrake Rider and Mercenary Contractor

If anyone wants to do this, please comment below so that I know this is actually going to do something. If people do it enough I might add to it. 

Comments

• I will play. If I get to pick, I will take 6 or 3.

Thanks
  • "You get to choose your contract, Recruit @pstmdrn, enjoy your times huntin' down those druids and shamans, be weary of there unnatural ways!" - Harken Krieg
  • 6 it is then!
  • "You know what, I think I'll allow you Recruits to choose three of the contracts, don't want you sittin' around doin' nothing, now do we." - Harken Krieg.
  • I'll join!

I'll choose 1.
  • "Thank you for joining, Recruit @TheDukeOfPork, and Recruit @WarriorCatInAhat, have fun!" - Harken Krieg
  • "Awesome cards, Recruit @Usaername! There really should be more Scout legendary creatures, and Taoh and Iu are a great way to create that. And the Nesting Linnet captures the cards that you can have any number of them in your deck really well." - Harken Krieg
  • "Oath-Sworn Druid is an amazing card, Recruit @pstmdrn! It's not overpowered but not useless, definitely a really good and balanced uncommon Druid." - Harken Krieg.
  • "I like this one, Recruit @pstmdrn! It's really interesting and well-made!" - Harken Krieg
  • @obidiah Thanks! I like cards with lots of options and multi-colored cards that find intersectionality with their colors.
  • edited April 2021
    Contract 2: Create a common card that you can have any number of them in your deck.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sporeback-scavenger

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/armada-raptor

• PERSISTENT PETIOTIONER
  • "Both insanely amazing cards Recruit @Jadefire! really interesting and unique abilities for them, I would totally love for these cards to be real! The Sporeback Scavenger would have to be the favorite of the two if I had to pick one, it's ability is just really fun." - Harken Krieg
  • Contract 5: Create a legendary creature for an underused creature type.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/grizul-gruul-instigator

• "Well that's definingly an underused creature type, Recruit @Jadefire (I didn't even know it existed) and its a really good one that embodies that creature type really well, so sweet card!" - Harken Krieg
  • I don't know why I made a new creature type for this but it's too late to change it now
    Daemogoth Cultist

• "Really good card, Recruit @WarriorCatInAhat! I think I actually like the cultist creature type though, somewhere in between a shaman and a cleric. (Probably wouldn't actually be added in Magic, but cool nonetheless) It's also really good with demons, which is probably the intention, so good card!" - Harken Krieg
  • Are existing cards allowed?  I have a great card for Contract 4 that I unknowingly made 5 days too early :|
  • I'll take 7, it's perfect.  I've been debating on Merchants vs Pirates tribe for my Ahzmandia 2 Outer Zone set. 

Need for a pirate theme is clear.  But who are they pirating?  East India trading company sort of thing?

If they are mercenaries are sort of both at the same time.
  • "Recruit @Jadefire, old cards would be perfectly fine, I'll await eagerly for your next completed contract! As for you Recruit @mmm3creator, welcome to the discussion, I'm really excited to see what kind of mercenary you create." - Harken Krieg
  • Contract 4: Create a card that allows you to constantly create treasure.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/scavenging-blunderbuster

• "Epic card, Recruit @Jadefire! I would love for this to be real! I really don't think there is anything that could be changed with this card, so pretty awesome creation!" - Harken Krieg
  • "Alright it's been about a week, so I guess I should be getting some new contracts for you Recruits to complete. Just want to say, awesome cards everyone! I'm really glad you decided to make some cards for this!"

"@mmm3creator, you can still create your card just so you know, and that goes for anyone else who was going to be making cards for the first round of contracts, just be sure to right it down so that I and everyone else know."

"Okay here are the new contracts, enjoy everyone and make sure to have fun!"

Contract 1: Create an uncommon card that you can have any number of them in your starting deck.

Contract 2: Create a common legendary creature.

Contract 3: Create a card using the Wall creature type.

Contract 4: Create a card using the Ape creature type.

Contract 5: Create two cards that partner with each other.

Contract 6: Create a legendary creature with converted mana cost 1.

Contract 7: Create a creature with a hat in its art.

"If you have any questions feel free to go ahead and ask them!"

"One last thing, for those who might be joining this week, try to make the cards a realistic looking as possible, and flavor text is always welcomed. None of this is necessary. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is to have fun creating custom cards!" - Harken Krieg, Grisbrake Rider and Mercenary Contractor
  • I'll take 3 and 7.
  • Contract 6: Create a legendary creature with converted mana cost 1.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/isidra-bird-of-dystopia

• "Interesting card, Recruit @Jadefire! I think its definitely balanced for being only 1 mana, but its also strong enough to be a really good card! I can't really say much bad about it, the fact that you added 'for the first time each turn' really makes it much better as a card and I'm glad you did that. Great card!" - Harken Krieg
This discussion has been closed.