The Gaming Spot

edited September 2021 in Just for Fun Contests
Each week...
a new game...
Game previews posted one week in advance with how to join!
Drop a comment for a game you'd like to play!

Comments

• edited August 2021

Cardsmiths Against Humanity

Week 1: Monday, August 30 - Saturday, September 11

To participate you can jump IN at any time by asking for a black card or creating a card for any of the already posted black cards.
    • When someone asks for a black card, I will give them a random black card from the Cards Against Humanity: Family Version.
    • Once a card has been posted, anyone can create a card for that card.
    • To create a card for that card, you will create a magic card that's name answers the question on the black card or fills in the blank in the most creative way you can imagine.
    • If you don't like any of the existing black cards, simply ask for another one, even if I just gave you one.
  • One black card please. :)
  • I would also like a Black Card. I feel like i'd be good at cards against humanity but i'm probably too young to play.
  • @KorandAngels
    Good thing this is the family version!

• He should be silver bordered but the legendary silver frame doesn't exist.
  • edited September 2021
    That's amazing! @KorandAngels

• Next Week's Game - Sunday, Sep 12 - Sat Sep 18

Spyfall - Game Preview

Players announce they'd like to play anytime in advance of the start date (Sunday, September 12).
    When the game starts, a deck of Planes will be shuffled and all players except for 1 will receive the plane we've all planeswalked to. One player will receive a Spy token, indicating they are the spy for the week and won't receive the Planes card.
    Each player, including the spy, will need to submit a card that fits the theme of the plane we've traveled to. Meanwhile the spy is going to analyze the the entries and attempt to also create a card that fits the correct theme of the Plane. The spy should do the best they can to throw their card in the mix and not wait until the very end.
    At the end of the week, the non-Spy players will have to cast a vote on who they think the clueless Spy is. If the Spy gets called out by majority vote, then they have one chance to guess which Plane everyone planeswalked to.
    The catch of the game is that once a player submits a card, nobody can copy any aspect of that card... For example, if the Plane is Innistrad... and someone posts a Vampire creature card, nobody else can post a Vampire creature card... The same is true of abilities, planeswalkers, guilds, etc.
    Lastly, you don't want to be too obvious as to where you are. For example, if the plane is Phyrexia and your creature is a Phyrexian Construct... it's obvious everyone planeswalked to Phyrexia.
    The card you post does not need to be a creature card. I just used those as examples.

Let me know if you're IN for Spyfall.

• IN for Spyfall!
  • Spyfall needs 3+ players to function... any other takers? Starts tomorrow!
  • edited September 2021

Next Week's Game - Sunday, Sep 19 - Sat Sep 25

Dead by Daylight - Game Preview

To participate, submit a creature card that's killer and a creature card that's a survivor.
    A Killer has key and unique activated abilities that make them a Legendary Creature. They can be any subtypes, but are usually horrific or terrifying.
    - A Survivor has a unique set of triggered abilities that help themselves survive or are great for teamwork. They are rare, non-Legendary Creatures of the Human subtype.
    When the game starts, a random killer will be selected and will enter a simulated battle versus the survivors. Based on judging criteria results, the survivor will either survive and escape or the killer will ruthlessly prevail. 

We'll repeat this for each killer, providing each survivor a chance to face each killer.

The results will indicate which survivors were the best and which killers were the least brutal.

Spyfall has been reshuffled into the game deck.

This discussion has been closed.