Wizards Of The Eclipse.

Not exactly a saga in the conventional sense but hear me out. I decided to do a fun story writing on my Wizards Of The Eclipse set and I decided that while I'm doing it, I could kind of make it an interactive thing where you guys can bet on various aspects of the story. I will reward people who participate with favorites for each bet they guess correctly (If you want you can have an explanation but not required). Of course you can choose to ignore this but where is the fun in that?

All that being said, even if you don't want to participate, please give feedback on the story but be respectful. Don't spam the chat boxes, and don't insult others. If you wish to participate just say I do under the first story. It won't be binding and you can join any time. I will release new stories ever weekend and that will be the deadline for predictions. Use the current day this is posted for reference. You can support either side of the story or you can be neutral, who knows if your explanation is good enough, you might convince me to alter my story before posting it. Most of all just have fun.

The favorite pool will be between 1-5 favorites of your choice depending on the bet you are making.

Comments

• edited April 2022

Prologue

For decades those who wield magic have heard tales of the great eclipse and the godlike powers it promises. Many have sought out ways to summon it, but many have failed. Those who have come close have been brought to madness or taken down by the Order Of The Eclipse, a select few powerful mages who have vowed to protect the lands no matter the cost.

Now after a thousand years, a new threat arises that threatens to bring the full brunt of the magic to fruition. Shi’la, the mad mage, wants to summon the eclipse and gain remarkable power and take what they believe is rightfully theirs. But in doing so, Shi’la threatens the lives of all who live within this world.

Team villains

(Shi’laThe Greybone, Junku Eater Of Souls, Shur The Underworld Bringer.)

Team Neutral

(Raj Persuasive Mechant, Akrim Tome’s Manifest, Hutu The Beast Tongue.)

(Grauk Mage Of Dominace, Ranax Poison Spore, Blackroot Nature’s Flame.)

Team Good

(Rath Zol Grand Artificer, Nush Profane Seer, Var’ashar Sunset Speaker.)

(Ori The Quasimoruos, Tora Shaper Of Lands.)

• edited April 2022

Chapter One (Nush's Vision)

(Picture by Yinou Chen)

Ori: Why have you called me here?

Nush: You know better than anyone I wouldn’t call you here for nothing.

Ever-since these past few sunsets a vision has been plaguing me. I see visions of blood and death, and at the end of it stands someone. Every time I go to look to see who, the vision suddenly stops. I fear that something bad is about to argh….

(Vision)

(Image by Patryk Olkiewicz)

Ori: Are you ok?

Somewhere in the tomb’s of Akrim a silent song whispers. Gray dust blows in the medieval gapes of ancient windows as bones rattle behind them. All of a sudden a violent vibration passes over them as a figure levitates above them while passing, causing them to violently explode.

Ori: Can you hear me?

The figure approaches the ancient doors littered with further bones as they pass through the forbidden temple and activate the runes littering the door. The figure walks up to a pedestal approaching a book before some rumbling shakes the temple causing them to stop

Ori: Nush snap out of it!

The armor near the pedestal collects and gathers, spinning in a cold blue radiance as the pages of the tome flip and cause the runes to glow blue. The resulting wind threatens to blow the surrounding items away, but the figure seems to be unfazed.

All of a sudden the figure is constrained by a sickening radiance as their life force slowly begins to be siphoned towards the tome, but they stop it with ease.

???: Akrim, the great tome of knowledge. I need answers.

Akrim: I owe you no knowledge mortal. I am impressed you have made it this far within my tomb, but the price for my knowledge is your soul.

???: You Will Give Me Answers!!!

Akrim: No mortal living or dead commands Akrim, your soul was forfeit the moment you stepped upon my chambers. Do not resist and you will perish quickly mortal. 

???: So be it. If you will not grant me answers, I will tear them straight from your pages.

A cold blue radiance fills the room as multiple bones begin to rise in the temple. The skeleton army begins to charge at the figure but upon reaching the figure they fall flat on to the ground. Akrim sends a mass of rocks levitating towards the figure crushing the mysterious figure. Silence follows for a few moments before the rocks are blown away and the figure rises unsachted. 

Akrim: You are a resilient mortal, your soul would make a fine addition to my body

As soon as Akrim says that a thick blue opaque fog slowly engulfs the room, sounds of wailing can be heard as restless knights, warriors, mages, clerics and necromancers form and dissipate within the fogs. The fogs begin to siphon the mysterious figure’s energy more rapidly, and intensely as their soul begins to slowly inch towards the tome, before stopping. The figure lifts an arm and Akrim’s metallic husk becomes restrained. The formerly blue fog turns an opaque smokey gray as the energy is rapidly snuffed out of the armor, leaving a lifeless armor alongside tome laying in the ground. The figure picks up the tome then…

(Vision break)

Nush: Someone has broken the seals in the tomb and killed Akrim.

Ori: Who was it? 

Nush: I didn’t see their face, let me try and see if I can…

Just as Nush begins looking through the vision, she begins to scream in agony. She clenches the sides of her head as pressure mounts on her cranium. She rolls and writhes in agony as Ori attempts to assist her with his mental magic, but it breaks. Nush screams louder and louder until her head explodes, splattering her brains on Ori. Ori gets, up shaken and decided to go find the others.

• edited April 2022
    Current Participants:

Team Evil: Shi’la The Greybone, Junku Eater Of Souls, Shur The Underworld Bringer.

Team Neutral: Raj Persuasive Mechant, Akrim Tome’s Manifest, Hutu The Beast Tongue, Grauk Mage Of Dominace, Ranax Poison Spore, Blackroot Nature’s Flame.

Team Good: Rath Zol Grand Artificer, Nush Profane Seer, Var’ashar, Sunset Speaker, Ori The Quasimorias, Tora Shaper Of Lands.

Whoever wants can guess who the true BBEG of the story is out of members listed for 1 favorite of your choice. I will reveal it on the 16th and those who responded by then get the favorite. If no one responds I just post the next piece if you just want to read the story.

Editing at the 16th or after renders your prediction void.
  • I don't really think I can wait a week to do my story thing, so I will be doing it every two days now. The prior challenge is still active if anyone wants to participate. Otherwise I will just type up my stories.
  • Chapter Two (The Tongue Of Spores)

Thick green trees expand amidst the Klaur Forest, as sharp vines, and twisted shrubbery blend into the oak brown dirt surrounding the expanse. Hutu, a malformed figure at least 7 feet tall drags a thick silver blade, plowing the biosphere below. Hutu lets out soft grunts as it carves through the ground beneath, as if letting out weathered breaths with each step, eventually arriving in a secluded area blockaded with gigantic spore caps among various other fungi. 

Far ahead inside the thick blockade, plumes of fire and smoke rise from various angles, but before Hutu’s brain can be drawn toward them, they are interrupted by a gentle but commanding voice

Owl Keeper Kaku: I wouldn’t recommend going there, beast tongue.

Without a response Hutu begins growing green as he draws tiger-like strength from his surroundings. He leaps with animalistic desire as he slashes through the Owl Keeper, cutting her in half. The scene then zooms out rapidly as if viewed through the eyes of an owl which sits atop a tree next to a dozen more owls.

Owl Keeper: You know, that wasn’t very polite of you.

Enraged Hutu the beast tongue turns backwards to face the source of the sound, where he runs with bear-like strength, shoulder tackling the Owl Mage into a tree, causing her to cough out blood. Yet again the scene zooms out rapidly, as if viewed through the eyes of another owl, which sits atop a different tree, and the Owl Keeper seated next to it. The shaman gets to his knees screaming in madness, holding his head as if someone no something was in his mind controlling it. The shaman grunts in pain as it rushes towards the Owl keeper, slashing, breaking, tearing. Each kill repeats the same loop of killing and resetting until Hutu goes in for a big slash, causing its momentum to propel him into a jagged plant, which pierces its chest and comes out its back. The Owl Keeper yet again seats in the spot from before, unmoved unchanged, as the beast shaman falls down bleeding.

Owl Keeper: You can come out now.

Raj: I must admit, I am impressed, Owl Keeper Kaku. You took down Kaku with ease.

Owl Keeper: I do not wish to participate in your games devil merchant. Leave me out of your quarrels.

Raj: You needn’t worry about me Kaku, I was merely testing the waters to see what I have to go up against once the eclipse is unleashed, just like you were.

Owl Keeper: I am not a pawn at your games, I only wish to observe.

Raj: Fine, I’ll leave. But be warned, conflicts can only be avoided for so long.

With that Raj vanishes into the dark outcroppings of the forest, leaving no trace to be found, as the fight ahead rages on.

• Current Participants:

Team Evil: Shi’la The Greybone, Junku Eater Of Souls, Shur The Underworld Bringer.

Team Neutral: Raj Persuasive Mechant, Akrim Tome’s Manifest, Hutu The Beast Tongue, Grauk Mage Of Dominace, Ranax Poison Spore, Blackroot Nature’s Flame.

Team Good: Rath Zol Grand Artificer, Nush Profane Seer, Var’ashar, Sunset Speaker, Ori The Quasimorias, Tora Shaper Of Lands.

Involvement challenges

- Place one guess at who the true BBEG of the story is out of members listed for 1 favorite of your choice. I will reveal it on the 16th and those who responded by then get the favorite. If no one responds I just post the next piece if you just want to read the story. Editing at the 16th or after renders your prediction void. (1 favorite of your choice)

- Guess the combatants who are fighting in the next chapter. Hints are in the prior story. (1 favorite for each combatant you guess correct (2 of them). This deadline for this is two days from now which will be the 13th for me. No editing your choice after that or it is void. (1-2 favorites of your choice)

This discussion has been closed.