ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• na, its fine ;)
  • edited August 2023
    I am sorry to do this everyone, but I can only access this site on mobile lately. My PC is flagging the forums as unsafe won't let me access it. 

I cant do what I do on my phone. So, I've transferred everything to my website for the time being while I fix everything.
    You'll find the latest foe response there as well.
    https://mystery-boxes.webs.com/
  • Well, that's fair enough. That happens sometimes
  • edited August 2023
    The foes' new enchantments are definitely going to be very inconvenient, powerful or both. The Unitor will conjure one of its heroes who is good at defeating such things. 
  • To which foe foes this unitor attack?
  • The fire one for now 
  • Wait, what did I missed?
  • Oh I see it. I cast this card.

• P.S. I am fighting Mistral the Foe
  • Pyroclasm plays:

Blaze Outburst
    Blaze Outburst by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    on the War Priest of Thune

Mistral plays:
    Etherial Eddy
    Etherial Eddy by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    on Void Winnower
  • It seems the opponents are focused generally on ephemeral magics, which means that the Unitor's prefered strategy of using small but powerful creatures will be less effective. In preperation for that, and to support whatever plans the other members of the community may have, it will cast the 
  • Reaction:

Attempting to force Mistral to reveal the cards and determine which card to discard: Etherial Eddy may be discarded before it is even casted.
  • I will cast a powerful card. So then everyone is going to try to defeat it. It is…

• LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    The Wizard plays vs the green one.

• Against which foe will you play Privileged Position @KorandAngels? - each foe is a separate battle - what about you @smax765? @LvB?

Mistral reveals their hand, it contains lands and one nonland card: 
    This card is exiled.

Whispering Madness
  • edited August 2023
    @jpastor Wait... Isn't Mistral mono-blue..? Welp, never mind.

• The reality is getting worse and worse... Mistral's gut would warn him that something... Worse... Terrible... Is coming...
  • I play my brushwagg against the fire one.
  • Well, I guess it makes sense to fight wood with fire. Going after the Forestweaver.

• I must have missed that, I will play the privelaged position against the fire elemental for now, but it's a powerful card, and I might decide the best thing to do in some other context is to summon another to help my allies against the other elemental. 

• Mistral 
    is losing control, so Mistral plays the following spell

Dimensional Breach
    Dimensional Breach by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Pyroclasm plays:

Crashing Flames
    Crashing Flames by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    This should burn off the Brushwagg and any other minions Pyroclasm has forgotten about.

Forestweaver gets creative:
    Ancient Arbor
    Ancient Arbor by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

and plays:
    Natures Resilience
    Nature's Resilience by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    This should take care of Privileged Position and any other unnatural items that have been thrown at the Forestweaver.

The stage is set for the community's next move. What will they play to counter the relentless forces arrayed against them?

• Foe: Mistral

Targeting Dimensional Breach: Counter target sorcery spell.

The world would shakes and here's giant shadow creeping out as if it were a sun in the distance.

• Mistral, fearing for losing control, would tried to cast a spell, but the spell was shattered away by a screaming eldrazi. His reality starts slips away, is there any possible it could be slowed down or prevented from happening?
  • Forestweaver is becoming, it looks like, more of a threat than pyroclasm. The Unitor will summon one of its great heroes to aid its allies: 

• edited August 2023
    (Deleted)
  • LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    i play this against abyssia and put a +1/+1 counter on my guardian of the guildpact.
  • The Blizzard Elemental is going to try to put Pyroclasm on ice.

• Abyssia plays: 
    Liliana of the Veil

Pyroclasm plays

Anger of the Gods

Forestweaver plays

Beastmaster Ascension

Mistral has been defeated.

The community must now strategize and make their moves to overcome these powerful foes. Will they find a way to emerge victorious and restore peace to the land?
  • Hurry up - the timer is ticking!

Only 24 hours left before the surviving foes escape!
  • I... I did it. I defeated the master of control with a master of control!

Emrakul is now focusing on Abyssia, it would summon an eldrazi which alters reality to dissolve Lilana away from existence...

Exiling Liliana

Then Emrakul blesses Basri's Lieutenant with its willing.

Enchanting creature: Basri's Lieutenant
This discussion has been closed.