ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• Woodfall Primus will go after Abyssia as well, but its ETB ability will remove Beastmaster Ascension.

• Welp. Looks like 24 hours been passed
  • Abyssia has been defeated. Forestweaver and Pyroclasm have escaped.

Encounter (The Four) [COMPLETE]

• Well, we didn't win, but we didn't lose. 
  • @KorandAngels
    Yep. Shame, we had to wait for next turn.
  • im still not convinced that those four elementals were evil and had to be fought ;)
  • Emrakul is just enough evil to fight em ?
  • Well - they had an attitude problem and needed to be calmed down. 

Now-a-days, we've got bigger fish to fry.
  • Why is the Mage character in your short story swearing by the name of an (all things considering) unremarkable teenaged girl?
  • Chandra is the best.
  • Encounter (The Unitor)

The land trembles as The Unitor steps into the realm, a being that wields the power to manipulate the fundamental forces of nature. Its presence distorts reality, causing the boundaries between elements to blur. The Unitor's goal is to achieve a twisted harmony by merging the very fabric of existence.

The Unitor
    The Unitor by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Stop the Unitor before it casts its 3 key spells, marked by the Planeswalker Symbol.
    • A rare Enchantment
    • A rare Instant
    • A rare Sorcery
    The Unitor's arrival heralds a time of chaotic convergence, where the very rules of reality are bent and twisted. The community must find a way to counter this force and restore balance to the world. Will they overcome The Unitor's power and bring harmony back to the realm?

Roles

@cadstar369 @Jadefire @LvB @smax765 @KorandAngels @FireOfGolden @Robo_Kitty
    Choose one that hasn't been chosen:
    Juggernaut (Only artifacts.)
    - Queen (1 mana or less)
    - Ghost (Play as Abyssia & Mistral)
    - Poison Sphere ? Target Pirate in Mystery Boxes loses 1 favorite for every entry they post this deadline.)
    - Skeletal Edicts ? You get an extra challenge in you next box.
    - Wizard (Only real cards.)
    - Entity (Create the next foe and play as it to defeat the current foe.)
  • I don't really do the mystery boxes so some of the options aren't available to me, I'll wait until some other people have chosen. 
  • I will be the wizard Last time I was afk.
  • I'll choose the Juggernaut and the Juggernaut will play a card that has a clear advantage against a being of mixed elements.

• @Jadefire ;The Unitor plays:

Elemental Unleash
    Elemental Unleash by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith
    I will counter your play.

Flavor Text: "The Unitor wields the very elements as its weapons, shifting and merging their destructive might."

With a gesture, The Unitor manipulates the forces of nature, unleashing a torrent of elemental power. Will the community's strategy be enough to counter this overwhelming force?

• I will take Entity role, the foe is Heju

Give me a little time to have deck ready.
  • edited August 2023
    "Oh my! Oh my! Are you guys are having a party without me? How rude of you people! I shall invite myself into your party and crush it whenever's possible!" Heju chuckled as he would grows out of what used to be a black pubble.

"I always wonder how shall mortals in different dimension like you will react to one of my minions... Will you hear OUR voices? Will you feel something weird...? Will you kneel before me? I am always curious to find out." Heju tilted his head as he would smiles widely as it contains nothing but glowing white.

Targeting The Uniitor.

New Life (When this creature dies, you may exile it. If you do, create a black inkling 2/2 token with "Fear".)
  • The Unitor plays one of its key spells:

Conflux Cascade
    Conflux Cascade by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Revealing: 
    Linden the Steadfast QueenFevered VisionsBirth of the ImperiumSeize the SpoilsGaeas Anthem
  • A figure would limps around, it seems a parasite is feeding on it. A new inkling would comes off as that figure weakens.

"Please welcome my guests! They will be staying here and making more new minions which is under my control."

Heju would enlarges himself slightly, as he would look below him and here's The Unitor. "Now, do you kneel to me now... Or you rather to give up your life and turn into one of them anyway? Either way works for you, do you want to know?" Heju hissed. "That is because you are mine now! There is a parasite in you without you noticing it. Do you plan to be the prey and give in... Or become a predator and make it fun for me? I await for your response..." Heju chuckled deeply.

Heju's deck:
    Parasited Walker (-1/2)
    Inkling token (2/2)
  • That would force me to play either the Ghost or the Queen, and I will choose the Queen because I have no idea how to play elementals. She will hold a 

in preperation for the Unitor to play one of the several Enchantments it revealed. 
  • Is the restriction on legendaries and mythics lifted now or was that just for that one encounter?
  • no - mythic/legendary rule still applies
  • @jpastor Wait, so ban's back on legendary?
  • Yes, you have to remember that you're members of a community of some sort. You're not almighty mages or planeswalkers or gods in these encounters. In fact, most of the foe's going forward won't be either. They'll mostly adhere to the mythic/legendary rule as well.
  • The Unitor is currently being controlled by @FireOfGolden, which is not good for the foe's plan. The foe has few plays in the deck to help this situation. It seems as though a single custom card has won this encounter outright. Drastic measures must be taken.

First, The Unitor's influence has spread throughout the community, giving way to the Birth of the Imperium, a group of warriors whose purity has been disrupted by the trembles of their reality as the Unitor's overwhelming presence alone is enough to tip their sense of integrity.

Birth of the Imperium Since this Saga would cause the community to sacrifice The Unitor eventually, I assume @KorandAngels would Demystify this enchantment immediately, yielding me just a 2/2 white Astartes Warrior creature token with vigilance for each opponent I have (3 tokens).
    40K Clue Token  Astartes Warrior Token40K Clue Token  Astartes Warrior Token40K Clue Token  Astartes Warrior Token

Then, the Unitor's troubling past can now be used to its advantage. While under the physical control of an opponent, it resorts to letting all those horrid memories it has flood into its brain. The Unitor's own mind becomes a problematic thing for the virus its infected with. It begins to run a fever.

Fevered Visions

How will the community proceed?
  • edited August 2023
    "Poisoning mind? You may be turned out of a prize! However, just in case if you decided to resist against my will..." Heju smiled darkly.

Once again, a newly inkling would spawn from Parasited Walker, now it's on edge to death. Then a newly parasite would jumps onto Parasited Walker, feasts upon it... 

(Heavy Bloated Walker has single +1/+1 counter.)

Heju's deck:
    The Unitor 5/5
    Two inkling tokens 2/2
    Heavy Bloated Walker 1/1
  • The wizard likes his apprentices, so he will wipe a little bit.

• edited August 2023
    [Deleted]
  • The Juggernaut will make a move to level the playing field again.

This discussion has been closed.