Check it out this mechanic: INSCRIBE

2»

Comments

• Lets spice this up again! Next one to post a card here using this mechanic will get a fav AND a review of a card of their choice.
  • edited August 2023
  • edited August 2023
    Wow!!! I gotta say, this design is impressive and works perfectly of how Inscribe would work, lol.
    Which card is worthy, @kaoz42? It'll get a fav, and an in-depth review here.

ALSO: You are one design way the meet the "third card bonus"! Your next card will earn you three favs of choice!
  • No problem @kaoz42. I’ll put a review here tonight.
  • edited August 2023
    Banneret of the Ash Host

@kaoz42

Banneret of the Ash Host is a very interesting card to add in an aggressive deck. Do not deny the power of this card. The power boost its capable of giving can most certainly end games, although, it's required to attack itself to provide the anthem effect. A 2/2 body are some low stats for a 3 mana card, but first strike definitely helps the card to get into combat. Finally, the last ability gives the card its true Flagbearer vibe. If you're capable of holding mana up, this card insures that your nonflagbearer creatures will not be harmed.

The card definitely feels like a Flagbearer. It's a must-kill threat with it's powerful anthem ability and the protection it can give to other creatures is very strong as well. It feels very balanced, since it's really weak on it's own, but with an army of creatures and more protection spells for the Flagbearer itself, it can create an unstoppable position. My only concern with the design is, typically, Flagbearers are creatures that are so weak that you wouldn't mind removal spells coming their way. This card, like other Flagbearers, is a lightning rod, but you actually DON'T want this creature to die. I'm not sure if that really follows the whole Flagbearer design. Regardless, this card is great. 85/100
  • Grey Cult Dreadmage

This a card that's... I don't really know anymore, lol.
  • edited August 2023
    Come on people! I want to see so many cards using this mechanic, so that it'll go viral and Wizards will actually add it to the real game. I can't do it alone.

(Lol)
  • edited September 2023
    I'm updating the benefits of adding cards here using the Inscribe mechanic.
    • I'm removing the whole "every third card, you get three favs" thing. It's really confusing and it asks for a lot, lol.
    • INSTEAD, for EVERY card you post here, it'll get a fav, then you can choose another card you made. It'll get a fav AND a review from me!
    • People who'll post cards here will also make me more interested in following them.
  • The Grey Cult sure will make it go viral. Their ideology is even spreading to dragonborn.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rivalt-of-the-grey-cult

For the fave:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rampaging-wrathborn?list=user
  •  @kaoz42

Rampaging Wrathborn

Rampaging Wrathborn is a really intriguing design indeed. I LOVE the art AND flavour! Having a really large creature that's undercosted can really be useful. The big flavour about this card is that it shocks other creatures that attack with it, as if your own army of righteous soldiers just gets trampled by devils, which is really funny. That even relates to its own flavour text! I know this is more of a flavour card than anything actually impressive in practice, so this gets a 90/100 for that. In practice, I would NEVER play this card lol, especially when there's better alternatives.

My only concern is with this card in some kind of draft format. Imagine you draft this along with some cards that could give it trample, double strike, or even if you have something like Fling. In a slow format like draft, that would be pretty unfair, especially since this is an uncommon, making it pretty likely for you to draft. Just a thought about that :)
  • I am going to use your inscribe mechanic for my contest, @ManInMaroon_948! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Yo, that's sick @smax765! Knock yourself out
  • Hey, I just wanted to say that I liked your mechanic so much so I wanted to add it to a contest I have made, @ManInMaroon_948. I am also giving you credit for your mechanic.
  • Well that's great man. Glad I did something actually inspirational XD

• Here's my latest mythic for this set... I'm really proud of this one.
  • Well, I think I'll be retiring from this mechanic, at least for now. After 22 cards, I'm pretty inscribed out, lol. I do want to thank everyone SO MUCH for creating cards with this mechanic as well. It really warms my heart.

...but this ISN'T goodbye! I'm sure I'll make more cards with this mechanic someday, and you STILL can too! Remember, for EVERY card you post here, I'll favourite it. I'll also favourite and give a review of another card of your choice.

• the allure of the Grey Cult is still strong...