Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• 1st time here
    @Ilmarinen as someone who only plays EDH or limited, I would definitely play that card. I would probably play it just for ending the turn in white. I feel like I would like these effects more on an Aura than on a creature, but the creature flavor is cool.

Some of my friends have been making jokes about how to make a crazy cat lady legendary creature for months. Can someone here explain to me why a living death style effect only for cats is a bad idea?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thomasina-the-moonstruck?list=user
  • @GaryPryor left a comment on the card.

I have no idea what card to put here for my turn since Hykeru went and commented on a good chunk of my portfolio earlier. I guess I'll pick one he skipped!

• edited August 2019
    @TheSuturedHeartMan I commented. The next person can pick either one of these:

imageimage
  • edited August 2019
    (Edited) @SteampunkDragon my bad. @KJMartin Gigayna should have flying.

I recently created this card. I think it’s a cool concept but I’m not a fan of how it’s worded. Any suggestions?
  • @Globert-the-Martian you need to provide feedback for the last card either here or at the card's page if you want to post.
  • edited August 2019
    @Globert-the-Martian I may be wrong as well but i would probably word it as such:

"At the beginning of each players upkeep, that
    player reveals the top card of their library. Then,
    If that player revealed a(n):

[Insert rest of your card text here]"

Here's Mine (I don't know why the photo isn't clickable like the rest i post, oh well):

• @Norzael - Undead is not a subtype in Magic, perhaps Skeleton would be more fitting. I also think the abilities should be put this way, so that they would be in proper MTG language.

As (name) enters the battlefield, an opponent of your choice gains control of it.

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice a nongreen creature. If you do, target player gains control of (name.)

At the beginning of your end step, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life."

I would like to know what you think of this:

• @TenebrisNemo I didnt even realize I put undead as a subtype lol. Idk what I was thinking. Thank you for the critique :)
  • @TenebrisNemo
    Darn. I actually commented on this a lot on the community Discord. Eh, I guess I'll reiterate my thoughts. IMO not very fun to play against, but not as atrocious and disgusting as the original version. Didn't expect the card I had to comment on to be the card I helped shape to some degree, hoo boy.

Up Next

Comment on or favorite this card, then post up to two of your own cards!
  • @Damnation I like it alot. Doesn't seem to strong, yet if left unchecked could steamroll an entire game. Very interesting concept.
  • This is probably one of the more broken of the few cards I've made but it's supposed to be tribal commander creatures outside their usual colors.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/8/23/1566618422661754.png
  • edited August 2019
    @Murklurk pretty cool card. As for notes:
    - Blue shouldn't be capitalized while making the token.
    - According to Mezmerising Benthid (https://www.cardkingdom.com/images/magic-the-gathering/ravnica-allegiance/mesmerizing-benthid-43934-medium.jpg), the token's ability should read "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step." Otherwise it seems like it's tapping itself.
    - Other than that, this card seems balanced. It's strong but triple blue is hard in a goblin deck and it's pretty easy to deal with as a 2/2 with no built-in protection. Nice job!

EDIT: No clue why the card came put so big.
  • @steampunkdragon Commented.

This card:
  • @KJMartin The card seems to work, except that I don't think it's possible to have 100 cards in your library (Even in commander, your library has a maximum of 99 cards because your commander isn't in it.)
    Next:
    (Flavour text is a quote from The Amazing Maurice And His Educated Rodents)
  • @KJMartin - FYI, Force of Wit has Ambition's Cost's artwork:

@KorandAngels - The card doesn't look good when the text is clustered like that. The first letter of each subtype mentioned in the card (Rat & Rogue) should be capitalized. The last ability feels OP and unnecessary, since the enchantment allows you to create tokens which helps the enchanted player to get the city's blessing anyway and because the card itself doesn't get any benefits for having the city's blessing. I would also suggest you to credit the artists of your cards in the future.

Alright, here is mine:

• @KorandAngels This could become a cool bend of the color pie for the Bend the Color Pie Challenge. Red-green interacts more with casting creatures. I'm just really confused why sacrificing a rat to gain the city's blessing is on there. It seems really out of place. Other than that, I think it is a really cool card!

Any thoughts on this one?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fading-prison
  • @shadow123 A coloured artifact! Yay! Fading Prison is actually really sweet, I'd play it for sure. Maybe just up the cost to {X}{w}{w} to balance it a little better. Awesome card!

How about this one:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/liliana-of-the-darkworld?list=user

Hope you like Zombies!
  • @KorandAngels
    That's wrong, actually. The minimum number of cards in constructed is 60, and in commander is 100 (including your commander); you could have 3,678 cards in your library if you wanted to, it's not a particularly good idea.

@TenebrisNemo
    Yea, I hoped no one would notice, and I suck at finding art anyway :)
  • @Mantis17 At first I was confused at the loyalty cost's, but then after reading the text it all made sense. This would be an amazing addition to any zombie deck whether its mono or not. And i feel it's quite balanced since your second ability is sometimes risky, but also key to help you get to that last ability quicker. Overall, I'd 110% use it in my monoblack "Definitely not Braids" deck.

Here is another of mine:
  • @Norzael Khyr looks really cool, perhaps even overcosted since there are cards that do that for less mana (I think) although then again it is a creature. Also, just out of curiosity, can I see the decklist for the aforementioned monoblack deck?

Here's another one. Is the last ability too broken?:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/poesus-rage-tyrant?list=user
  • edited August 2019
    @Mantis17
    That creature is also a Beast, so it's basically 5 mana 12/6 trample haste. That's already too powerful. The last ability won't be used. Players would simply choose to attack to end the game.
    My suggestion is-

{3}{r}{g}
    Legendary Creature - Beast
    Other Beast creatures get +1/+1.
    {1}{r}{g}, {t}: Search your library for a creature card with power 4 or greater, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
    [4/4]

(Edit)
    Sorry, I didn't notice that it says "other"!
    But 7/5 trample haste is still super powerful for a 5 drop. I suggest you to remove haste.
    +5/+1 to all other beasts is very dangerous. I would just make it say +1/+1.
    The last ability isn't broken because it's narrow. Not so many decks have creatures with cmc 9 or greater. By the way, you need to reveal the card if you put it into your hand, and "Activate this ability only if you control a creature with power 4 or greater" isn't necessary because, look at this creature's power.

My card
  • edited August 2019
    @Tomigon
    I left this comment on Kishin's page:
    I love devotion, and I think you've come up with a pretty cool application here. Kishin feels pushed, but probably reasonably for a Legendary 5-drop rare. She will be unblockable quite often, but doesn't have any kind of spell protection, which seems pretty smart design-wise. All-in-all I'm impressed and think Kishin is a really neat design!

Next Up:
    (Feedback on both the design and my personal art would be great!)

Comment on Teysa's Pet or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide
    The art is very good, but the card itself is a little unoriginal, and I don't really understand the flavour text.
    Next up:

and/or

• @KorandAngels
    Please comment on the card page as well so we can discus without clogging this discussion :)
  • I can't comment on cards; I wright the comment but can't post it.
  • @KorandAngels Hurta, Sage of Commoners is a really creative idea, but there are a few things I need to address.

1. I feel that the black part of Hurta doesn’t seem to be reflected in the card. The mechanics on the card seem more blue and white, so black seems to be thrown in.

2. When you are writing a number on a card, spell the whole thing out unless it has to to with life. (Or +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters)

3. The tap symbol comes after all mana symbols.

Other than that, it’s a cool card!

——————————

Is this way too overpowered? Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wicked-ritualist
  • @KorandAngels The commenting on cards requires like an account with the service, or linking like facebook to it or something. I can't remember exactly. But when you go to post it, it should tell you you need to sign in to post that comment, and should give a link to sign up or something.

@shadow123 I honestly don't think its too overpowered alone, i feel it's just easily controllable. Blood Artist and Profane Memento make it free mana. But as for CMC i feel it's fine, as well as the life cost. I can see some instances to where if you specifically build around it, you could greatly benefit, but it's a 1/1. If the wind blows too hard he's gonna hit the graveyard.

Here's mine:

I posted this in the mechanic encyclopedia a few days ago and wanted to see the feedback. The name is subject to change, i couldn't really come up with anything better lol.

Retain (When this card enters the battlefield and was cast from your hand, you may exile it. If you do, you may cast it from exile for [CMC - Generic mana] at any time you could cast an instant.)

Basically it's a pseudo-flicker since there is a cost attached to getting it back. 9 times out of 10 the creature would have "Enter the battlefield..." effects, but could simply just be an uncommon with the keyword to enhance a deck built for creatures entering the battlefield.

• @Norzael Commented on card and favorited.

Thoughts on this one?

• edited August 2019
    @shadow123 I love the concept of red having more cards with draw effects. Red generally has abilities that exile the top card, and then allow that card to be played, though. Overpowered for 1 mana. I think at 2RR, it would be more balanced. You could even make it a 1RU if you wanted, I guess.