COLONISERS: Season 5!!! (Colonisers of Mystik)

Comments

• edited March 2020
    @ThatOneCat, beautiful artwork. Although, I personally think Saphix herself is over costed.
  • I know, right?
  • we just finding art and writing at this point OwO
  • @spookoops I feel betrayed by that edit.
  • @ThatOneCat huh, what edit betrayed you?..
  • I agreed that the artwork was pretty, and then you edited it to be also a critique of my card.
  • edited March 2020
    @ThatOneCat Sorry, I wanted to comment on the card itself, but it's not MTGCS.
  • The arrival of the Nephilim is an oddly welcomed presence. Just being around them is not enough for the Forest Razer, rather, Flair has to erect a monument in their honor, but that simply wouldn't be enough. These ancient Ravnican gods made their existence on an unmarked plane known, and he thought to build a monument in their honor?

After pondering for hours, Flair lets out a scream that for once doesn't sound like it is of anger, but instead excitement. Rather than go silent as they typically would from his sounds of fuming hatred echoing across the empire, his Knights let out a cheer as he begins to deliver the news.

"Burn a chunk of the empire. A glorious chunk. We are creating a new land in honor of the gods who have bestowed their presence upon us and thus deemed us worthy," he declares. The Knights stare up at him, their cheers fading into silence. Flair's flaming armor blazes for a moment in anger. "Well, get on with it."

Much to their dismay, the Knights begin razing the empire they've worked for what feels like ages to construct. Sk'nr'zr shakes her head slightly.

As the Knights work, Flair lets out bellows of what he thinks are motivational words. “In honor of the Nephilim, we bring upon new times by once again scorching this plane to enable another rebirth in their name," he begins. "Their presence is truly an honor."

• We have judged, and we come bearing sad news, our eyes filled with tears, just like every two challenges really. 

But let's see what happens.

The procession starts in the south. From the South pole they come, and parade through the lands of the Soulless Ones. Their eyes glint, but Glint-Eye's eyes glint more than any eyes ever glinted. Such destruction and creation at ones? In his kin's name? He can work with this! And so his slithering body grinds to a halt. This is the land he is going to bless. He climbed into a the hottest magma-spewing volcano, unhurt by the lava, and disappears into the molten rock. @SammySammyson is safe.

Then through the water, over the sky, they come into the quiet realm of the Lost. This is the finest yore ever to be tilled. The land, through dealing with Oblivion has grown quite calm in its fluctuations, ever changing, but ever serene. Though the tillers till their yonder yore, the greatest tiller of said yore shall be Yore-Tiller. And so, going limp as a mountain, the great nephilim becomes a mountain. @Daedalus_The_All_Father is safe. 

But oops, the rest are still spooked! Onto the zealot's land they go. They are all impressed by the magics present, by this industrious brood sailing like a sand-ship and the dunes of time. But when actual dunes of sand appear, when a desert the nephilim find, Dune-Brood stops brooding and starts looking closer at the dunes. And he sees. The hidden titans. Power. Raw power. A brood. Nice! And so, shedding sandstorms, he snuggles into the earth's crust there and blesses the land around him. @spookoops is safe

But next the nephilim tread on the Realm of the King. Just two of them now. The icy, regal landscape is worth writing about. In scrolls. With ink! Through radiant day and inky night the nephilim go, treading carefully not do disturb the crust. These reflections of light, these myriad of ways light treads on snow, so white, so milky and not inky. Ink-Treader treads no more. Submerging itself in the frigid waters, it shines like a light through the ice. This realm has the nephilim's blessing. @ThatOneCat is safe.

Witch-Maw still waddles. Though it is probably the most grotesque-looking of the nephilim, inside itself, it sees its witchy mind and gaping maw as orderly and beautiful. But it opens its maw even wider when it sees the order around it. It has never in its life witnessed such machinery, such witchery with metal. The gaping abyssal maw of ignorance shan't swallow these! The nail in the coffin are the fae. These creatures appear mischievous, but here, all that was trained out of them. They now exist only for mind and strength. And into the sky Witch-Maw ascends, from the stars wishing its blessing. @IzItTru is safe.

But there is one who is not safe. The Eldrakken wait for their nephilim saviour, but no matter how much they deserve one, the nephilim judged the other factions deserved them even more. A week later, a meteor storm comes which would be enough to make the Stargazers proud. While five of the factions are shielded from the strikes, one is not.
    The Eldrakken elders decide that here, it is wiser to make the responsible choice and depart.

@Stryk3r... It's been a pleasure. You and your dragons fought valiantly. But in the end, the others have outtricked you. You shall be greatly, greatly missed. Now you should hold your head up high, brush the dragons' teeth one last time, evacuate the civilians and HEAD HOME!

No, but seriously, thanks man. The writings of people like you are definitely worth the effort of DMing this thing. 
  • @HeroKP Well expect more in Season 6!

• Okay, guys, what are we going to do with all this FREE REAL ESTATE?

Everyone is welcome to try and take a piece out of the old Eldrakken pie. For next monday, make me a card depicting you doing JUST THAT!

Good luck, and happy smithing.

• @Stryk3r We would be honored to have you again. If everything takes as much time as usual, see you this summer!
  • edited March 2020
    For the reclamation of new lands

None of your knowledge, your reading, your connections will be of any use here: two legs suffice, and big eyes to see with. Walk alone, across mountains or through forests. You are nobody to the hills or the thick boughs heavy with greenery. You are no longer a role, or a status, not even an individual, but a body, a body that feels sharp stones on the paths, the caress of long grass and the freshness of the wind. When you walk, the world has neither present nor future: nothing but the cycle of mornings and evenings. Always the same thing to do all day: explore. But the walker who marvels while walking has no past, no plans, no experience. He has within him the eternal child. While walking you are but a simple gaze.
  • On the Endorsan war front...

You do not know me for sure, yet you feel yourself better than me. But if you ever deliberately provoke me, in a way trying to hurt me, I'm so worried that you will die, or injured with heart full of revenge. The kind of revenge which you will never be able to fully retaliate, a revenge that will only add to next innocent victims..in between you and me.
  • Claiming the Horizons

The Lost are always looking to the horizons, keeping them in our sight as we explore the world. Learning about the past while looking to the future is how the Lost operate. We bring ancient technology and magic back to life as we bring it into the future, still maintaining our sights on the horizon that never gets closer but doesn't get any further either. We keep our hope alive because the horizon is constant and unyielding. It is always an astounding sight to see but it is especially so at dusk and dawn. Its beauty shows the world the way to the future and the past. The sight of the horizon, even when stormy or dark, is beautiful. Even when burning or frozen, it is fascinating. Even when it's obscured or hidden by any manner of natural or magical phenomena, it is still there. For even if we cannot see it, it will always be there in all its glory and radiance, waiting to reclaim its rightful place in our eyes.
  • edited March 2020
    We would claim the land using superior force. Biologists had denied a dragon with both future sight as well as scales it can harden at any time. They had passed all trials. If we wanted the lands, we needed another thing. We needed to be willing. Till now the realm of the king has been a mere speculator, but to clinch a victory now is when we shall take action. The archipelago must be ours.

• @ThatOneCat

So, you're attacking both @IzItTru and @spookoops at the same time?

Three way war?

Okay cool
  • Nah, I just want some land. I don’t need to fight, I’d just like a taste of land.
  • @ThatOneCat so you aren’t attacking us? How are you getting land then?
  • Yeah, I'm not just gonna hand over land because you want some...
  • In response to the emergence of Realm of the King...

If you knew what was going to happen, if you knew everything that was going to happen next—if you knew in advance the consequences of your own actions—you'd be doomed. You'd be ruined as God. You'd be a stone. You'd never eat or drink or laugh or get out of bed in the morning. You'd never love anyone, ever again. You'd never dare to.

The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time... and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility. There is wisdom in always exploring the counterpoint- sometimes a silver cloud has a dark lining too.

• Fine then! If politics doesn’t work, war it is.
  • The First was created. She was more. She had the powers. She embraced the ideals. She would fight the future. 
  • edited March 2020
    Mutant Project:

Experiment #1: Clara
  • @sanjaya666 @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

It's the ciiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!.....
  • This contest still up?
  • edited March 2020
    @WickedShadow196 It is still going but you can't enter while the contest is still happening.
This discussion has been closed.