Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Temurzoa I don't think it works. Well, assuming you intended to have two Sisters Yamazaki as your commanders, I don't think it works, as even though the legend rule doesn't apply to them it doesn't change the fact that EDH is a singleton format.

Secondly, I'm a little unsure as to what the card would do in an actual game. In EDH, you are almost never going to have two creatures with the same name, so I'm not sure that you could build a very synergistic deck using them as you'd be mostly relying on your opponent's to play the same creatures as you. And even if you did manage to build an Exactly-Two-Of-The-Same-Creature Deck, +2/+2 and haste isn't much of a payoff, especially not in commander.

In formats other than EDH, I think it's simply unplayable, as it's essentially a 4 mana 4/4 haste that is very hard to cast. 

Here's my card:

Zseno Silent Assassin
  • @jicklemania2 - I left you a comment

Here is my card. It's old but I'm curious if it seems fun or just irritating

Screams From Beyond
  • @Corwinnn I think that this card would be very fun to play, and annoying for everyone else. My question is why boros? I don't really get why there is white in it, it doesn't really seem very white. Maybe rakdos? I don't know just a though. Also I can see how this could effectively end a game really quick, maybe worth upping the mana cost?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/secrets-within-1

Secrets Within

• @zizick123 - Considering that you're adding sacrifice to the cost, I think you can reduce the cost by {1}, or add to the rules that this spell would allow this card to be cost less for each permanent you sacrifice. But that's me.

One of my newer ones, below. Created this with it being a mill commander in mind.

Odette Indescriminate

• @KEdRuss Wording:
    Defender, flying, hexproof [Those keywords go in this order. No definitive idea why, that's just how it is.]

As CARDNAME enters the battlefield, choose a nonland card type.

Whenever a player casts a spell of the chosen type, each player mills two cards. [This is a separate clause to the choice. Also, I highly doubt you need reminder text for mill, but if you do then I suspect it should be "(Each player puts the top two cards of their library into their graveyard.)" or something]
    And some notes:

- I'll start with a few more random things: I'm not sure what's going on with the flavor divider line you're using, but I've a suspicion that it's gone wrong or something. Also, the base idea behind the flavor text seems good, but it might be worth rewriting / rethinking it a little to make it seem snappier.

- Considered in the context of being an EDH card (and so only being available to players of EDH, Legacy, and Vintage), this seems kind of lacklustre. I'll admit that I don't know vast amounts about EDH mill, but I don't get the sense that this is too good. On the other hand, I might be totally wrong and / or it might be about right for a precon commander or something, so maybe you should just ignore me on this one.

- You'll notice that I've changed the "when spell resolves" thing from your version into a "when spell cast" clause. I've done that because your clause concept borderline doesn't exist, and I saw no real reason to keep it. I guess I'm just mentioning this for the sake of it.

- While Grafit Studio is the publishing-group kind of thing of the art, it might be more accurate to credit it to the actual individual artist's name of Viktor Titov. Also, for the sake of mentioning the fact, Jessica Oyhenart was doing art direction for the piece (which means overseeing how it was going kind of thing , normally). You might want to credit her. You might not.

Next, a Saga. Give it a favorite and / or some sort of constructive comment, then post up to two cards of your own.

• edited November 2020
    @MemoryHead --

Defender, flying, hexproof [Those keywords go in this order. No definitive idea why, that's just how it is.]
    Appears to be following an alphabetic order. Works for me.
     You'll notice that I've changed the "when spell resolves" thing from your version into a "when spell cast" clause. I've done that because your clause concept borderline doesn't exist, and I saw no real reason to keep it. I guess I'm just mentioning this for the sake of it.
    Certainly makes it cleaner.
    While Grafit Studio is the publishing-group kind of thing of the art, it might be more accurate to credit it to the actual individual artist's name of Viktor Titov. Also, for the sake of mentioning the fact, Jessica Oyhenart was doing art direction for the piece (which means overseeing how it was going kind of thing , normally). You might want to credit her. You might not.
    Good to know. From what I've observed, most anything done in collaboration with the studio is usually filed under it on ArtStation. Outside of that, I do try to verify the artist's identity so I can credit them when I smith anything here. :/
  • @MemoryHead, I think the saga would be really neat if instead of only pulling from your graveyard for the third lore counter, you could exile a card from any graveyard and create a 4/4 copy of it. I think this both fits Bolas' thematic of bending the multiverse to his will, as well as meshes better with the first two lore counter additions by making it so any creatures sacrificed or discarded could be taken under your control. Otherwise, this card is a big flavor win in a lot of ways with the usage of the "lose 3 life unless you sac or discard" that was sorta prominent in Hour of Devastation.

Anyways, I've got two commander cards I just made. Give me some feedback!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thriss-nantuko-monstrosity

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ryst-coldsteel-tyrant

I realize that Ryst may be pushing snow tribal a bit, but in my defense, it sorta needs it.
  • @KingSumples
    Before I start, just a suggestion, next time, could you put it in as images as well? It makes this much easier.
    Thriss is really interesting. I like it a lot, and my only suggestion would be for grammar:
    Menace, trample

Creatures you control with power higher than their toughness have menace and trample.
    Ryst is also a really cool card. it honestly seems kind of weak because most snow cards are cheap.

Here's mine:
    Inferno Gearhulk

• edited November 2020
    @ChoyBoi There's not much to say about them, except for a few minor details. First: Inferno Gearhulk. It isn't really a black card. Menace, Trample, and its main ability are all very red mechanics. Other than that, it is pretty good! It's a simple design, that is balanced. Good work! Jene, on the other hand, is a little overpowered. It is a 5 mana 6 damage, you gain 3 life, become the monarch, then have a 5/4 with Flying, deathtouch, and lifelink, plus another ability! I would up the mana by 1 or 2. Then again, it is a mythic legendary. Just my opinion. Here's my next card:

For some reason, it won't show the 0/0 Toughness and Power. Must be a bug.
  • @fire12, nice design. I think it would be appropriate to give Mimicking Scarecrow a power and toughness of 2/1.

Thoughts?
  • edited November 2020
    @Temurzoa Always like the monarch mechanic, and I think you’re spin with monarch only control is unique. Personally, I’ve never been very excited by mox’s of any kind, which i realize is probably blasphemy. I’d actually really like to see this mechanic of monarch-only control explored further on other cards, I feel there’s a whole lotta space to design there. 

For those of you who might remember, I used to be on here under the name of @Rayne-Lord. I have returned under a new name, and a new device!

Here’s a couple of ideas.

I wanted to create a series of mono planeswalker whose abilities were firmly established within the color pie, but who nevertheless haven’t seen a lot of play, or haven’t been seen on a walker.

Not if goad here is too strong, but it feels really in line with the flavor.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ulwai-stormwise-siren?list=user

And her signature spell:

I recognize this mechanic is dangerous territory, considering Gush is banned in legacy and restricted in vintage. I wanted to see if i could revive it with some utility, and hopefully balance. Curious if this could be an Instant at this cmc, or if i should simply drop it down to cmc 2 as a sorcery.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ulwais-anger-1?list=user
  • @LordFlavorousMaximus Cool cards, all around. I think Ulwai’s Anger should be a cmc 3 instant, considering landfall triggers, plus the annoyance of casting a spell only to have to cast it again. As for Ulwai herself, I think her second ability should be worded “Untap up to three target lands.”

Here’s a custom commander using an idea I’ve been playing around with in my head for a while, and he’s named after another character of mine. Above all, please tell me if he’s too powerful or not!

• @RandomFandom Thanks for the feedback. Ya I wanted to play conservative on the spell, since its these types that a broken as all hell in eternal formats. But I think I’ll take your advice and make it an instant. 
    As for the walker, I totally thought it would be target land as well, but after looking at Peregrine Drake https://scryfall.com/card/bbd/128/peregrine-drake it wasn’t so obvious. Now I’m just confused lol.

As for your card, it is definitely too strong at this cmc. Especially since you’d play it in an exalted (if you’re unfamiliar, exalted is a mechanic that says “whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn”) deck most likely which it would break wide open. I would say to keep him at this cmc, drop the haste, drop the doublestrike and replace it with first strike, which is plenty strong as such a low cost. Also the buff should probably be no more than +2/+0. There’s my thoughts on that.

• edited November 2020
    @RandomFandom
    This is way too powerful for three mana. I love the idea, but I would but this at 4 or 5 mana, but increase toughness by 1 or 2. The flavor text is great btw.

Here's my card:

• @ChoyBoi

That seems like a fun card! It definitely isn't mythic value since it has barely any board presence without other specific types of creatures.

My card:

• @shadow123
    Should I lower the mana cost?
  • @ChoyBoi Lowering the mana cost would be a good idea. Maybe making this 5 mana for a 3/3 or 4/3 with flying would be better?
  • edited November 2020
    @RandomFandom , I would avoid giving Toshiro haste and flying; or haste in general. I feel like it would be fine as a keyword-less 4 mana 2/2 or a 3 mana 1/2 that only give +2/+0. It's scary for standard at 5 mana as a 4/3 that just says "Deal 14" with no strings attached. 

@shadow123 , I like Twisted Scourge. It's simple and elegant. However, I would remove flash and do something else to buff Twisted Scourge because B/R doesn't get flash unless it's on an ETB that has to have flash to work.
  • @Potato13 Thanks! I'm planning to remake the design a little bit, so I'll keep your feedback in mind :smile:.
  • @ChoyBoi , apologies for mentioning the wrong person.
  • @Potato13
    No apologies necessary!
  • @shadow123
    Twisted scourge is a really cool idea, but I would remove flash and replace it with something else, since flash doesn't really fit with BR.

Here's my card:
    Spellsmith
  • @ChoyBoi Awesome card! I see nothing wrong with the card and I favorited. Nice work!