Tournament of Champions 5 Out-of-Character and Event Coordination

This is a thread specifically for @shadow123 and our sixteen Tournament of Champions #5 Contestants:
@Usaername
@cadstar369
@East2West
@Tommia
@theirintheattic
@Tonysparks
@WarriorCatInAhat
@Arceus8523
@SpellPiper2213
@DrakeGladis
@Lujikul
@TheDukeOfPork
@Aggroman15
@feralitator
@DomriKade
@AboveAndAbout

If you are not one of these people, please minimize your activity here.

All that being said, I wanted to set this space aside as a dedicated place for all of us as contestants to interact out of character and be able to work together to set up scenes, events, and coordinated card designs as-needed.

Comments

• @Arceus8523 Wow I love this! I will definitely promote this in the original thread
  • I wanted to start us off with an idea that the contestants on Discord had been discussing for a while, which was for the 16 of us to get our characters out to a dinner together before the tournament starts proper. I figured this would be a way for us to allow all our characters to interact with one another and a relatively neutral environment, and set up interaction and dynamics between contestants down the road.

The way it was discussed this would happen is through one character specifically deciding they want to go out to eat, then another of the other contestants asks if they can join that character, then from there more of the contestants join in until all of them are going out together.
  • I can definitely initiate that sort of thing! Hold on a few hours and I can write up a story part!
  • Things that would need to be decided are as follows. Please ping me if I need to add more.
    • The restaraunt we got to and it's contents (Steakhouse?  Burger place?  Buffet?)
    • Who is the first to go there/who starts the chain?
    • Interactions between characters should be discussed either via discord or here to make sure everyone is good with it.
    And lastly, have fun.  If you don't think you want to do this or you don't think your character would do it, feel free to opt out here.
  • edited February 2022
    Posted a comment on the wrong thread lol
  • > The restaraunt we got to and it's contents
    That's up to the crowd. I (and Kumo) are flexible.

> Who is the first to go there/who starts the chain?
    Also something I'm flexible on. @Aggroman15's post about Navor going out to eat was what inspired the idea, so we could have Navor lead if that's alright with Aggro and everyone else. However, realistically pretty much any of the champions could do it.

> Interactions between characters should be discussed either via discord or here to make sure everyone is good with it.
    That is one thing to check, does everyone here happen to have a discord account? If so, it might be good to exchange those and set up a discord space for this as well. Otherwise, this is the space meant for ensuring character interactions get planned out.

> And lastly, have fun.  If you don't think you want to do this or you don't think your character would do it, feel free to opt out here.
    Absolutely. More or less thought that went without saying. The more the merrier on this one, in my eyes, but there is no obligation or pressure, and I don't think this will have any effect on anybody's tournament performance and rankings. It's purely in the interest of telling a good story and making the most of ToC5 as a roleplay space.
  • Amajority of us should have discord, feel free to pop in the link
  • I’ve got Discord; will this be on the MTGCS channel or a separate one just for ToC?

Raeza is up for tagging along; they’d probably end up joining in somewhere toward the tail end of the chain, and will leave the choice of restaurant to the others. 
  • @cadstar369 this is the separate one 🤣  this is the communication channel
  • Here's the link to the discord if you need it: https://discord.gg/F8F2Uf4D
  • I have Discord, although I'm a little irregular in checking it.
  • edited February 2022
    To any cardsmith interested in following Tournament of Champions 5, feel free to make a prediction on the winner of the ToC! If you leave your MTGCS username in the prediction slot, I can give the most accurate prediction a mystery prize at the end of the tournament!

https://challonge.com/j4n1qbhp

Edit: I realized that the prediction thing requires an email, so just put in "no@email.com" so that you're not giving away any personal info!!!
  • edited February 2022
    I don't have a Discord account, but I MIGHT be able to make one
  • So we post our stories here or is this just discussion?

Also, good luck @feralitator (my opponent) and all other players in the duel.
  • This is just for discussions, not for stories.
  • I will also mention that I am currently looking to work with someone on a post if anyone is interested.  
  • ME! (If you're still interested I guess)
  • When will the duels happen @shadow123?
  • @TheDukeOfPork let's be patient. We don't wanna overwhelm @shadow123 like we did with tennebris.
  • Even if it is a couple of days late it should be fine. If it goes over a week, then maybe we can do the tagging.
  • I'm honestly gonna be glad if the duels start later, because mine is first and I need time
  • @Tonysparks It was merely a question, not a demand. I don't mind when they start.
  • edited February 2022
    @TheDukeOfPork I actually said on my last post that they would begin on Tuesday. There is so much amazing writing going around and I want the contestants to get a chance to develop their characters a little more before jumping right into the round!
  • @shadow123 All cool. Sorry for not reading properly. :)
  • No prob! I'm enjoying all the writing everyone is putting in
  • Oh this looks super cool...would someone be able to ping me when the next one comes up?

(I'm guessing no more entrants are being taken now)
  • @tookie1
    That is correct. If you want to stay privy to these sorts of events and competitions moving forward, I'd recommend joining the official MTGCS discord
    https://discord.gg/zV48d77Umt
    and the community-led MTGCS discord
    https://discord.gg/Mm2bD34tgd
    as oftentimes competitions such as these start as ideas on discord, and then are posted on the forums. Plus, both servers serve as a much more organic and informal space where the community interacts.
  • Oh ok thank you!
  • Finally! The pre-quarterfinal special event is posted!!
This discussion has been closed.