MTG Cardsmith Tournament 2022 - Open to All

124»

Comments

• Congrats to all the combatants, and to this year's champions! (you're all champions in my book!) Special thanks to @jpastor for hosting and making this happen!
  • I placed about as well as I expected, considering I'm still new at this. Great showing, everyone!
  • Well this was unexpected. Congrats to everyone!
  • I'm confused as to what exactly happened.... but congrats to the winners!
  • Thanks a lot for hosting this nice tournament and for all the judging work @jpastor! That was really fast and well organized!

I wasn't expecting at all to do that well in the loser brackets, but that's a pleasant surprise! Congratularions to @TheKeefMan for their victory and to @theirintheattic and @12SidedGuy for respectively their 1st and 2nd places! Also congrats to all the other awesome cardsmiths that participated!

- - -

Here's nothing but a simple suggestion that I'd like to address as well, and I know it would probably be a lot of work, but looking at the brackets I personally feel like it's a bit difficult to identify how the match went and which card has won or lost. Especially for the matches during which the cards were chosen randomly from both users collections. I don't even know if that would be a realistic/possible feature to add to the mix, but for further editions I feel like it would be very cool if there was a small ''sublist'' in the match details displaying maybe the name of the two custom cards being opposed or something like that, with maybe just a word such as ''win'' and ''lose'' written along? I think that would help a lot to follow the progress of the tournament.
  • edited October 2022
    Wait, so can you clarify where I ultimately placed? It says 3rd in the bracket, but in @jpastor’s results announcement TheKeefMan is both the Grand Runner Up and 3rd place? I’m definitely missing something lol
  • @FangQuil It's definitly a bit confusing according that they were two halves of a tournament, that were finally mixed together for the classment. I think jpastor posted an overall podium previously that stated who were the ''Grand Champion/Runner up/3rd/4th'' that's based on the top 2 of each half. From what I understand, TheKeefMan is indeed 3rd place and Grand Runner up. But tbh maybe I'm missing something. I'm very surprised that 12SidedGuy isn't listed as ''Grand 2nd'', but I'm pretty sure it's just a little mistake?
  • Damn, I predicted the future. I did go out in round 1. 
  • Hi @FangQuil
    and @Shelko

There were 2 champions in this tournament (Top 2 Champion) and (Bottom 2 Champion) - I deemed those two #1 and #2 overall. Meanwhile the Runner up in the Top 2 and runner up in the Bottom 2 were listed as 3rd and 4th overall respectively. Even though you can clearly label 2nd place in the Top 2 as "2nd best in the tournament"... i went with a more classy approach! :)
  • Therefore @FangQuil
    I would say you finished 5th overall even though you were 3rd in the Top Bracket. I just don't wish to label you as "3rd" best in the tournament since we had 2 Champions and 2 Runner Ups. 
  • Got it, thanks for taking the time to clear things up!
  • edited October 2022
    Thanks a ton @jpastor for hosting and judging the tournament, stuff like this really make our community unique!
  • I had a blast everyone! @Shelko, yeah good ideas. Let me look into how I can display such info during the tourney!
This discussion has been closed.