Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • [You may submit this entry in Mystery Challenge Quest.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create any new card you want.
  • edited September 2021
    @jpastor the Pyxic Order will organize a joint effort between the Order, Syntella's army ( @Corwinnn ), & Lugren's treefolk ( @Jadefire ) against the Brazen Scar.
  • edited September 2021
    @Corwinnn leads the charge, followed by @Jadefire and @cadstar369

Your onslaught crumbles their defenses... and annihilates the bulk of the army and the entirety of the flying cities housing all the civilians.

Though the army put up a hefty fight against your first attempts, your second wave from Jadefire turned them into space dust.

However, their leader.....

this guy:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/marteko-the-conqueror

...is a royal pain. Not only has he managed to flee with a handful of highly trained idiots, he's defeated a couple portions of your offenses in the process. He's also taking himself and his task force right to your homeland.. He's headed for the conquered plane of Xenalia, where one of you has a research facility.

@Corwinnn and @Jadefire took the brunt of the counterstrike.. you each have been given a bonus mystery challenge: Create a card that replenishes your ranks or reinforces your existing offenses.

Meanwhile, @cadstar369 needs to concentrate on adding some defenses to the Xenalia plane and has been given a separate mystery challenge: Create a permanent card that can counter a spell.

Brazen Scar Status:
    Offenses: Partially Defeated
    Defenses: Defeated
    Army: Defeated
    Leader: Escaped and seeking revenge
    Species: Space Dust
  • edited September 2021
    unfortunately... i'm home sick... which means... 
    I'm live all day! 

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

• 11:30 - 12:30 (Chatting About Conquests)
    • 12:30 - 1:30 (Chatting About Mystery Box Tournaments
    • 1:30 - 2:30 (Chatting About Spellwebs)
    • 2:30 - 3:30 (Chatting About Random Magic Cards)
    • 3:30 - 4:30 (Chatting About Random Cardsmiths)
    • 4:30 - 5:30 (Chatting About Mini-Game Ideas)
    +Prize rolls every 30 minutes
  • edited September 2021
    Create a card that replenishes your ranks or reinforces your existing offenses.

A replenishment for my ranks that weakens my opponent's ranks, thus reinforcing my offensive capabilities!

Lord of Torment
  • edited September 2021
    Campaign Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent card that can counter a spell.
    Reductive Distortion

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize ??? - Spellwebs (Challenge) (x2): You may choose to receive a spellweb for your next mystery box. [X] [Twitch] (Not sure what'll happen to these now that Spellwebs is back.)
    • Prize ??? – Mechanix (Deadline): You may activate this deadline. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.  [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Spider Silk: (Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice.) [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize ??? – Encounter (Daily Gambit): This is a situational consequence that you are faced with. Often times this will be a threat that you must personally rid from existence. Other times this will be a situation you must solve with a string of cards. [X]
    • Prize ??? – A Bonus Mystery Challenge: Along with your next mystery box entry, you may submit an additional entry that is any old card you would like to submit. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Artwork Challenge: You may accept a challenge to create any card with artwork provided to you. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Stone of Creation: You may submit any new card for your Mystery Box, whether it meets the challenge or not. [Twitch]
    • Mystery Challenge Quest Points ~ 9

• ...and the deadline has arrived...

...and the winners are...

1. @Corwinnn (5 favorites + 5 deadline points)
    2. @sorinjace (3 favorites + 3 deadline points)
    3. @cadstar369 (1 favorite + 1 deadline point)
  • Leaderboards

Top 30

Rank Name Inv Entries Prizes Duels Rating Moshpit Deadline Spellweb Points Calibration
    1 @Jadefire X 148 157 3-7 1855 4 100 10 54 -1
    2 @AboveAndAbout   144 74 2-4 1963 1 56 3 33  
    3 @Corwinnn X 122 67 3-4 1918 2 62 3 32  
    4 @Ranshi   135 69 2-3 1960 1 23 0 24  
    5 @sorinjace   70 57 0-0 2000 0 50 0 22  
    6 @TheRacingTurtle   66 38 2-1 2068 2 23 0 15  
    7 @JoeMoose   88 49 0-0 2000 0 19 0 15  
    8 @ShadowReign X 84 47 8-0 2252 0 6 3 15 +2
    9 @bnew07   32 31 0-0 2000 0 34 0 12  
    10 @TheDukeOfPork   53 32 2-3 1904 0 27 0 12  
    11 @TenebrisNemo   33 36 1-0 2069 1 24 0 11  
    12 @pakashara   31 37 0-0 2000 0 23 0 10  
    13 @cadstar369   47 35 2-0 2090 0 18 6 10  
    14 @Dechujoh64   36 25 0-0 2000 0 18 0 8  
    15 @IronCrusher   27 24 2-0 2100 1 15 0 8 +1
    16 @saveria201   11 14 0-0 2000 0 26 0 7  
    17 @Zaheer_the_Grim   25 15 0-0 2000 0 23 4 7  
    18 @Baron-777   30 17 0-0 2000 0 18 0 7  
    19 @Potato13   45 24 0-0 2000 0 8 0 7  
    20 @LyndonF   40 26 0-0 2000 0 6 0 7  
    21 @shadow123   45 29 0-0 2000 0 5 0 7  
    22 @MonkeyPirate2002   39 24 0-0 2000 0 6 0 6  
    23 @Fantastickill7   48 26 0-0 2000 0 0 0 6  
    24 @Suicidal_Deity   17 14 0-0 2000 0 16 0 5  
    25 @CS101   16 18 2-1 2034 0 11 0 4  
    26 @FORFUN   28 10 1-0 2060 0 9 0 4  
    27 @Aggroman15 X 20 20 0-0 2000 0 8 0 4  
    28 @Abu_Jafar X 29 29 0-0 2000 0 4 0 4  
    29 @jpastor   27 19 4-2 2020 0 1 0 4  
    30 @Latinas   22 14 2-0 2110 0 0 0 4 +1
  • Weather Phenomenon:

Polluted Air
  • edited September 2021
    A Mystery Challenge: Create any new card you want.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bleed-dry

EDIT: Updated the wording as per Suicidal Deity to reduce ambiguity.  Following the templating of Illusionary Terrain.

Could I get another mystery box?
  • @jpastor I'll choose Prize 93 as my chosen stream prize and I'm ready for my bundle of 3 prizes from the Jadefire Special whenever you've got that worked out.
  • edited September 2021
    Slapped entry replacement.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/containment-shell

Using the wording of Ertai's Meddling to ensure that the targets and decisions originally made for the exiled spell remain when it's recast from exile.
  • edited September 2021
    Mystery Challenge: Create a card that replenishes your ranks or reinforces your existing offenses.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rise-from-the-loam

I'm going to activate my (formerly) Prize 127 - Dark Matter Crystal and end the deadline immediately.
  • I'll also activate Prize 73 – Winner Takes All (Moshpit) inviting @Corwinnn, @sorinjace, and @cadstar369 to the party.
  • edited September 2021
    @Jadefire how brutal of you! We didn’t even get to find out what the Weather did!  :s :D

Also @jpastor what happens to my 2 regular Spellweb-in-a-box prizes now that Spellwebs is full time?
  • Is it too late to say that I choose Muckblaster as the winner over Prognostic Intergration?
  • It's certainly not too late @Hergusbergus! :)

Now we just need to hear from @ShadowReign regarding the duel.
  • @cadstar369 Fill me in on the ones that my opponents have submitted a card for, that is if it isn't all of them.
  • @ShadowReign you've been nominated to judge the duel between me & jpastor on the previous page (Muckblaster vs Prognostic Integration). jpastor nominated Hergusbergus, who recently cast judgement above.

As an aside, I totally haven't abandoned Legends Rising; that Crimson Discovery challenge is giving me a hard time is all, and I like to post all my cards at once.
  • @cadstar369 & @jpastor I'm gonna have to go with Prognostic Integration.

@cadstar369 That's completely fine. However, I am currently working on a different discussion, and I myself will not be interacting with Legends Rising as much. Pretty much the only thing that I will do is give packs, and the rest is basically shut down. I didn't bother to post this, as there is currently no participation. When my current project is released, I will most likely close Legends Rising sadly for the second time, as I have felt overwhelmed in both cases. Hopefully things will be different.
  • OKAY WOW - I have had a long day!

Let's do this:

1. The duel between me and @cadstar369 is a draw. Thank you @Hergusbergus and @ShadowReign
    2. @cadstar369 your Spellwebs prizes fizzle. Sorry!
    3. @Jadefire wins the deadline with first, second, and third... you filthy animal! (+9 Deadline points) Your mystery box contains:
    • Prize 93 From Stream: A Rose? Feedback on 1-5 cards of your choice.
    • Bundle of 3 Prizes = Prize 4, 92, 127
    • Prize 4 - Two Cookies: Double the prize contents in a mystery box.
    • Prize 92 - A Coin: Choose a coin.
    • Prize 127 - Dueling Ring: You may choose two entries to partake in a duel.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human Nomad creature.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create any new card you'd like.
    Lynia Nephalian hermit

One Mystery Box please! :)

Personal Prize Inventory (with drop references)
    • Prize ??? – Mechanix (Deadline): You may activate this deadline. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mini-Encounter (Challenge): Your next mystery challenge will be a mini-encounter.  [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Spider Silk: (Receive your next Spellweb with up to 6 colors of your choice.) [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Mode Negotiations: You will be awarded 1~5 modes selected from 1~5 modes of your choice. (Both values selected at random upon cashing in this prize.) [X]
    • Prize ??? – Encounter (Daily Gambit): This is a situational consequence that you are faced with. Often times this will be a threat that you must personally rid from existence. Other times this will be a situation you must solve with a string of cards. [X]
    • Prize ??? – A Bonus Mystery Challenge: Along with your next mystery box entry, you may submit an additional entry that is any old card you would like to submit. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Artwork Challenge: You may accept a challenge to create any card with artwork provided to you. [Twitch]
    • Prize ??? – Stone of Creation: You may submit any new card for your Mystery Box, whether it meets the challenge or not. [Twitch]
    • Mystery Challenge Quest Points ~ 9

• @cadstar369
    @Corwinnn
    @Jadefire

Here's a recap!

The Abnormali - fully conquered by cadstar369 for 6 points

The Ukanavi - partially conquered by corwinnn for 3 points

The Uknavi Offenses: Upon your onslaught, your ravaging offenses dwindled in comparison to the power harnessed by a secret weapon that only the Uknavi leader himself knew how to handle.  https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/god-cube

The Uknavi Species: Escaped with the God Cube with a dying effort by their fearless leader.

The Xenalites - fully conquered by cadstar369 for 6 points

The Colca Fari Vi - partially conquered by Corwinnn for 3 points

Colca Fari Vi Leader: The leader of the machines - the legendary Mountain Creature itself has animated itself in the wake of the defeat of the Colca Fari Vi war machines. You were caught by surprise at the sheer power of this monstrosity. It has forced you to retreat.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/colca-fari-vi

The Colca Fari Vi Species: You've determined that the machines are in fact unmanned drones that seem to be connected to Colca Fari Vi, the monstrous leader. It appears as though in its mountainous, inanimate state, Colca Fari Vi is able to create these machines using inorganic materials from the landscape. This species, as you conclude, remains in existence as long as Colca Fari Vi remains alive.

The Brazen Scar - partially defeated by the Pyxic Order for 1 point each

Offenses: Partially Defeated
    Leader: Escaped and seeking revenge

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/marteko-the-conqueror
  • Squirrels rule!
  • The Pyxic Order (Set Stitcher is a wonderful function.)
    The Pyxic Order

Heading over to the Quest while the Order finalizes preparations for the Brazen Scar's revenge attack. :sweat_smile:

• Did somebody say mosh pit?
  • The 3 favorites, could you favorite any card you legit think is half decent on my most recent page @jpastor? Lol thanks

I'd like to request for another mystery box too if there is another box, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.