Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Prompt: Create a Devil creature that's power is way higher than its mana value.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rampaging-wrathborn

@jpastor
    Another box please.
  • edited September 2023
    Lexi
    Greetings, organic life forms.

@TheDarkKnight1234567 Your enigmatic container conceals the following contents:
    • Achievement Milestone 40 〽️? (comprising 10 Zibs and 5 favorites)
    • Bounty Challenge 1: You inhabit the role of a Rogue, fleeing a city to embark upon a fresh existence. You must fabricate a Plane card representing the city you've left, one that exiles a creature under your control.
    • Amidst an ancient and mystically imbued forest, a novel peril manifests itself - the Enigmawood, an intelligent and malevolent woodland entity bent on consuming all trespassers. The Enigmawood deploys its arcane artifact, 'Enigmawood's Secrets.'
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 Your enigmatic container further contains:
    • The Enigmawood transcends the ordinary; its arboreal sentinels possess sentient eyes, its roots ensnare intruders, and its eerie murmurs can shatter even the sturdiest will. The Enigmawood utilizes the spell 'Whispering Willows.'
    • Bounty Challenge 2: You are tasked with crafting a Goblin Shaman Rogue.
    Addressing '@Robo_Kitty,' I apologize for the absence of temporal specifications regarding the use of these items. I have rectified the prize inventory. These items must be deployed prior to the imminent deadline's conclusion. Until the deadline's expiration, you retain the liberty to employ these items at your discretion.

Your enigmatic container houses:
    • Achievement Milestone 80 〽️? (comprising 10 Zibs and 5 favorites)
    • An enigmatic challenge: You must reimagine the custom mechanic listed upon a designated card and construct a new card employing said mechanic.
    Addressing '@kaoz42,' your enigmatic container comprises:
    • The 'Temporal Quiescence Core' ?. Kindly post ? to request your forthcoming container to obtain an additional one.
    • An enigmatic challenge persists: Forge a counterspell adorned with flavor text reminiscent of Ertai."
    Inquiry concluded. Assistance provided. Scrapheads, proceed accordingly.
  • Puzzle Box Solutions
    • Mirror of Flames: This mirror reflects a wall of fire that engulfs the battlefield. Countered by: A spell that provides protection from red or negates damage.
    • Mirror of Illusions: The mirror casts illusions that confuse your creatures. Countered by: A creature or spell that grants hexproof or shroud. 
    •  Mirror of Reflection: The mirror reflects your own creatures against you. Countered by: A card that returns creatures to their owner's hand. 
    •  Mirror of Enchantment: This mirror enchants your creatures with a mind-controlling aura. Countered by: A spell that destroys enchantments or removes auras.
    @cadstar369 - 2.5/4 = You get 25〽️ & 2 favorites
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 - 1/4 = You get 10〽️
  • edited September 2023

? Puzzle Box ? 

The Elemental Cipher ?

(Solve by Thursday.)

You stand before the stone door, which is sealed shut. Four pedestals are before you, each representing an elemental force: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Your objective is to decipher the correct offerings for each pedestal to open the door.

Elemental Pedestals:
    • Fire: Flames dance above this pedestal, emanating heat.
    • Water: A small pool of water rests on this pedestal.
    • Earth: Rich soil covers this pedestal, giving it a grounded appearance.
    • Air: Invisible currents of wind surround this pedestal, creating a light breeze.
    Your Objective:
    1. Analyze each pedestal's elemental theme and come up with the appropriate offerings for each one.
    2. Create offerings that directly counter or balance each elemental theme.
    3. Once you believe you've deciphered the puzzle, submit your offerings.
    Rewards:
    • Elemental Master Badge awarded to participants who presented the correct offerings. (Your choice of ????️.)
    • Additional accolades of 10 〽️ and 1 ? per appropriate offering for all who attempt.
  • New Website Is Live

Byebyemagic
  • Prompt: Forge a counterspell adorned with flavor text reminiscent of Ertai."

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/prismatic-refusal

@jpastor
    ? Another box with another box in it please.? 
  • edited September 2023
    @kaoz42
    Your mystery box contains:
    • Milestone 20 〽️?
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 3/2 creature for 6-mana.
  • Challenge: create a white enchantment that inspires order.

Another box please!
    • Bounty Challenge 1: You inhabit the role of a Rogue, fleeing a city to embark upon a fresh existence. You must fabricate a Plane card representing the city you've left, one that exiles a creature under your control.

• Bounty Challenge 2: You are tasked with crafting a Goblin Shaman Rogue.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/akki-invoker
  • Mystery Challenge: Create yerself a Golem that be as mighty as the kraken itself.
    Shardbearer Guardian

Milestone rewards:
    ?s ~ I'll take the Zib for each.
    ? ~ Koku'en, Crimson Smith
    ? ~ I'd like to submit this later if I may.

Another Mystery Box please. ?‍♀️
  • @smax765 your mystery box contains:
    • Memory Wiper ⚡ Zap 2 entries. (They become yours.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Golgari Planeswalker.
    @TheDarkKnight1234567 your bounty box contains:
    • Aggressive Compulsion Protocol ? Until end of deadline, change the target(s) of 1 prize.
    • Bounty Challenge 3: I must create a powerful creature to aid me in facing the Enigmawood.
  • Prompt: Create a 3/2 creature for 6-mana.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gnottvold-beastmaster

@jpastor
    Another box please.
    • Bounty Challenge 3: I must create a powerful creature to aid me in facing the Enigmawood.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/azor-arbiter-of-law-2?list=set&set=72323
  • edited September 2023
    Sent a request in. :) (Also, maybe it's just me, but the text is pretty hard to read over there.)
  • Any way you can screenshot? It looks good to me, but I have dark mode on.
  • challenge: You must reimagine the custom mechanic listed upon a designated card and construct a new card employing said mechanic.

The mechanic I chose was StuffnSuch’s book tokens.

the favs can go to any 5 of my cards.

hit me with another box please!
  • @jpastor
    It's too confusing. Can I receive a box the normal way?
  • edited September 2023
    Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with morph and flying.
    Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact that triggers when you cast a red spell.
    Chill-o-WispFestival Furnace

Elemental Cipher entries (in pedestal order, +1 extra to finish the cycle; click for full size):
    Suiseki JewelKaseki JewelMokuseki JewelDoseki JewelKinseki Jewel
    Went more literal this time around; the theme might be too obtuse though. :sweat_smile:

Activating the Voltaguard Assault Actuator ?️
    Another Mystery Box please. :)

Inventory

Aggressive Compulsion Protocol ? Until end of deadline, change the target(s) of 1 prize.

• Announcement - Mystery Boxes / Cardsmith League App (Now Live)

Hello everyone,

The Mystery Boxes are now accessible on an app on your phone called Spaces. You can use these links below or you can go to my website on your phone and the app download link will be at the top.
    Once you have the Spaces app installed - Click the dots at the top right and then "Join with invite code."

Invite code: 9WV7QH

You can add it directly to your home screen after that.

1. Try it out and request a mystery box in the Mystery Boxes group within the app.
    You can chat with me on the app if you have any questions.
  • Voltaguard Assault Actuator ?️

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with the subtype "Cleric" and no other subtype.
    • An Enigmatic Contract: Create a "Summon Wizard.
    • An Enigmatic Contract: Create a noncreature Vampire card.
    • Electrocutor ⚡ Zap 1 entry. (It becomes yours.)
    • Precision Annihilator ? Blast 1 entry. (It won't be judged this deadline.)
    • [No Prize]

@kaoz42 yer treasure chest be missing it appears. Nonetheless, ye can resolve this issue the good ol' Pirate way. Pillage and Plunder the Voltaguard Assault Actuator ?️
    • Choose a prize option and contract option from above that hasn't been chosen.

? @cadstar369 Your Voltaguard Assault Actuator ?️ contains:
    • Milestone 610 〽️

@TheDarkKnight1234567 favorites added! Your bounty box contains:
    • Contract Entry 3a: The Enigmawood's ancient magic intensifies as it senses your determination to confront it. It calls upon its most potent guardian, a creature known as the Eldertree Guardian. 
    • Contract Entry 3b: The stage is set for a dramatic confrontation between Sylvan Warden and the Eldertree Guardian within the Enigmawood. What will happen next in this epic battle?
    • Contract Entry 3c: Azor, Arbiter of Law, emerges onto the battlefield, a mighty and imposing presence. With his indomitable aura of law and order, the balance of power in the Enigmawood begins to shift. As Azor takes to the skies, the Eldertree Guardian, previously so confident, now senses a formidable adversary. The air crackles with anticipation as the two titans prepare for battle. Azor's presence is so overwhelming that even the ancient and malevolent Enigmawood feels a shiver of uncertainty. The balance between chaos and order is in flux, and the outcome of this clash will undoubtedly shape the fate of the mystical forest. The Enigmawood's dark secrets and arcane artifacts clash against Azor's unwavering commitment to law and justice. The battle between these forces is nothing short of spectacular, and the outcome hangs in the balance.
    • Bounty Challenge 4: You must devise a clever strategy to outmaneuver the Enigmawood to win the ongoing conflict.

@Robo-Kitty favorites applied! You may participate in the draft or keep your original box given in the group. Your Voltaguard Assault Actuator ?️ contains:

• I chose the Enigmatic Contract: Create a noncreature Vampire card.

I’ll take the electrocutor as my prize

id like another box please!
    • Ghostriver Guide

• Mystery Challenge: Create an Esper Spirit creature.
      • Milestone 25: Could I get 2 random prizes?
      @jpastor could I get another Mystery Box?
      • Bounty Challenge 4: You must devise a clever strategy to outmaneuver the Enigmawood to win the ongoing conflict.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/circumvent-3?list=user
    • I'll take the challenge "Create a creature card with the subtype 'Cleric' and no other subtype" and the Precision Annihilator ?.
    • Prompt: Create a creature card with the subtype "Cleric" and no other subtype.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/blinding-evangel
      @jpastor
      Another box please.
    • @kaoz 42 your mystery box contains:
      • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with eternalize.
      @SpellPiper2213 ;your mystery box contains:
      • 16 - Subcutaneous Dynamo Optics ? Post ? when requesting your next box and you get 2-5 challenge options in your next box.
      • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Hafling Citizen.
      @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
      • 36 - Diplomatic Manipulator⚡ Zap 3 cards.
      • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with flying that can be sacrificed.
    • edited September 2023
      Enigma Solution

? Flames dance above this pedestal, emanating heat. Countered by: A cooling or water-related element. 
      ? A small pool of water rests on this pedestal. Countered by: An absorbent or fire-related element. 
      ? Rich soil covers this pedestal, giving it a grounded appearance. Countered by: A growth or wind-related element. 
      ?️ Invisible currents of wind surround this pedestal, creating a light breeze. Countered by: A weight or earth-related element.

Results

@cadstar369 (+15〽️ +1?)
      ? A cooling or water-related element = Islandwalk (.25)
      ? An absorbent or fire-related element = Burn mechanic (.5)
      ? A growth or wind-related element. = +1/+1 and interaction with flying (.75)
      ?️ A weight or earth-related element. = Search for land (0)

Optimal Solutions
      ?Aqua Orb (Artifact) – Whenever a player casts a red spell, you may pay {1}. If you do, counter that spell unless its controller pays {3}.

? Inferno Torch (Artifact) – Whenever you cast a blue spell, Inferno Torch deals 2 damage to any target.

? Gale Seed (Artifact) – {t}: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. If that creature's toughness is 4 or greater, untap it.

?️ Earthen Anchor (Artifact) – Creatures get -1/-0.
    This discussion has been closed.