Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @jpastor glad to have you back, man. Say, can I have a mystery box?
  • edited July 2020
    @jpastor, another box, if you will!
  • @jpastor
    What about my box?
  • Alright, it's been quite some time since I made a card for my dawg @jpastor. Jpastor, I don't remember the last box, nor do I think I had one hanging. I would like to humbly request for a normal joe shmoe mystery box, if you please. :)
  • edited July 2020
    My dudes, in this batch we have the following random matchups. One of these boxes, chosen at random, has a tack-on to their challenge. This will perhaps make it slightly more difficult or easier for them, but 'tis the nature of the prize revealed in the last batch:

1) sorinjace (21) vs Ranshi (1)
    2) Fantastickill7 (28) vs Scaccogaming (24)

@Scaccogaming Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Lys Alana themed card. Themed means it can have Lys Alana in implication, text, name, or flavor.

@Ranshi Your mystery box contains:
    - 72: Reveal an unrevealed prize and name it.
    - A Mystery Challenge: My brother's podcast is called Meandering... create a card that has Dark Meanders in its flavor text.

@Fantastickill7 Your mystery box contains:
    - 34: Create a Mystery Box prize.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Lys Alana themed card that's a land card. Themed means it can have Lys Alana in implication, text, name, or flavor.

@sorinjace Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: My brother's podcast is called Meandering... create a card that has Dark Meanders in its flavor text.
  • @jpastor here's a card, 6/4 stat line just like a Craw.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/craw-crasher

While I won't be on as frequently due to there being better custom card alternatives, I'll still ask for another box, please.
  • @jpastor
    How about "Your choice of 3 favorites or a follow"?
    Can I have another box?
    Here's my card
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-blight-3
  • Oh, and I forgot to ask if I could have another box @jpastor ;
  • @jpastor Howdy mate! I'm a little new around here. May i join in the fun? not entirely sure how this works
  • May I please have another box pal.
  • Whoops, kind of forgot I had a box that I needed to finish. 
    Gideon the 9th
    Here is my Gideon-themed card. May I have another box please?
  • @jpastor Could I get another box please?
  • In this batch, the following matchups are:
    1) Fantastickill7 (33) vs jpastor (26)
    2) SNAPcreator7 (28) vs Volos (20)
    3) Dizzydude (2) vs Potato13 (34)

@Potato13 ;
    Your mystery box contains:
    - 45: 1 favorite of your choice + 1 of my choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Tribal Enchantment with only one ability.

@Fantastickill7 ;Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Some creatures have an ability that makes them stronger in some way if an opponent's life total is less than #. Create one of these creatures.

@SNAPcreator7 ;Your mystery box contains:
    - 62: Pick a set of 10 prize #'s (up to 1 premium prize can be in your set). You get 1 prize at random from that set.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono colored card with a Khan of Tarkir in its flavor text or name.

@Volos the Blade. These are easy. You get your prize automatically, but you must post a card here for the challenge you receive before requesting your next box. Your mystery box contains:
    - 86: Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Community Mystery Box list; you name the prize. (Okay so since you are new to this, I'll explain.. There are two prize lists... one is a hidden prize list and the other is visible on mystery-boxes.webs.com. So for this prize, you're going to choose a number between 1-155. This number will correspond to a prize on the hidden list. I'm going to reveal that prize to everyone, then you'll get to give it a creative name of your choice!)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono colored card with a Khan of Tarkir in its flavor text or name.

@Dizzydude ;Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Tribal Enchantment with only one ability.

@jpastor ;Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Some creatures have an ability that makes them stronger in some way if an opponent's life total is less than #. Create one of these creatures.
  • My entry 
  • I'm brand new to the mystery box challenge, but I just read through the first 4-pages from 2018, so I think I kinda get it? 

[Ahem.]

@jpastor may I have my first box, please? :smile:
  • edited July 2020
    @jpastor Nobody said no unset...
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-color-pie-2
    ... And I'm very good at making unsets

Also, I'll take the 2 of your choice, just tell me what they are.
  • @jpastor You skipped my request!
  • @jpastor

While for some reason I can't insert the Tribal tag, this is still very much tribal.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/scalelords-glory

I'll assume this is what is meant by ability, that being only one thing that it does. Put the favorite of my choice onto this card.

Another box, please!

• edited July 2020
    @jpastor, another please!
    Please reveal prize number 11!
  • edited July 2020
    @Potato13 Where you select what type of card it is, too make it a "Tribal Enchantment", which i think is what you're going for, you need to select 'Custom' and type it out yourself
  • @jpastor Okay, so i think i choose 72 as my number
    And here's my card for the challance, hope you like it!
    Arrow Surraks Pride

• edited July 2020
    @Ranshi chose to reveal Prize 11: A giftable Mystery Box with a guaranteed prize in it. Ranshi gets to name this prize.

@Volos  CMB 72 has already been revealed. You can see which CMB #'s have been revealed at http://myster-boxes.webs.com/  ... They are in light green.

In this batch, we have these matchups:
    1) jpastor (27) vs Potato13 (35)
    2) TerryTags (21) vs shadow123 (28)
    3) Dizzydude (4) vs Ranshi (1)

@Dizzydude
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Cup.

@TerryTags
    - 7 [NEW REVEAL!]: Guaranteed prize in your next box. (Also check out Potato's prize!)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's a blessing.

@shadow123
    Sorry, so sorry. Your mystery box contains:
    - 45: 1 favorite of your choice + 1 of my choice (Also check out Potato's prize!)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's a blessing.

@Potato13  
    - 88 [NEW REVEAL!]: Everyone in this batch with a prize gets to name their prize
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a creature that's chrome-colored or silver.

@Ranshi
    - 85: Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Community list. (It gets added to the Mystery prize list. You can see which CMB #'s have been revealed at http://mystery-boxes.webs.com/  ... They are in light green.) (Also check out Potato's prize!)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Cup.

@jpastor
    - 91: CMB #34: Flip a coin: Mono-colored cards posted since the last batch get faved (heads) or destroyed (tails). The coin flip landed on Heads.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a creature that's chrome-colored or silver.
  • Alright, I seem to be late to the case, but can I get a box?
  • @jpastor Could I have a box, my friend? Don't know how it works honestly, but I'll pick the number 46
  • @jpastor  I haven't been on here for a long time, but... could I get a box? Or is it to late for that?
  • edited July 2020
    @jpastor Here is my blessing! Credit for the blessing mechanic goes to @Faiths_Guide .

For my prize, could you fave this card?

Could I get another box please?

EDIT: I'll name my prize "The Prized Prize"
  • @jpastor I'll name my prize.. "The Prize-Named Prize Namer Prize". 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/chrome-chronobot

Another box, please.

This discussion has been closed.