MAGIC'S WORST CARDS MAKEOVER CONTEST!! **Circuit Challenge**

Comments

• @sanjaya666 ill go through and manually list each card here when I get time to later. Thanks for letting me know.
  • edited April 2019
    @sorinjace Just informing boss!
  • Root Trap and Root Cage. I revamped it a lot,
    but it still works, right?
  • edited April 2019

• edited April 2019
    Old:

Mine:
  • edited April 2019
    Simple entry:

image --> image
  • edited April 2019
    i Dont know how to do images
  • edited April 2019
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=202555&type=card
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/4/11/1554994730851821.png

i dont know how to use images so here is my submission

So i thought to myself how can i make it good but keep its original concept. well i turned it into a land destroyer that feeds of the more forest there are. hes at base a 2/2 with trample and Hexproof. but he gets bigger for each forest in the grave plus he can destroy forest even your own keeping the original concept of sacking your own things for a bigger pay off.
  • @sanjaya666 and everyone else that is interested:

This is a ton of work to make the images for each of these cards to appear. You can find any of these cards on the internet or gatherer.wizards.com as well.

Here is the names of the cards you are allowed to use for this contest to remake:

Nine-Ringed Bo
    Tombfire
    Root Cage
    Trapfinder's Trick
    Chimney Imp
    Aven Trooper
    Viashino Skeleton
    Takeno's Cavalry
    Great Wall
    Aysen Highway
    Hidden Path
    Rakalite
    Cyclopean Snare
    Razor Boomerang
    Malicious Advice
    Avizoa
    Dispersing Orb
    Wood Elemental
    Bargain
    One With Nothing
    Carnival of Souls
    Shaman's Trance
    Sorrow's Path
  • @shadow123, if the new card is an actual remake of the real card you listed, then yes it is allowed. It may not be the winning card for the contest if you go too far out in left field, but if you strongly feel the old card should be better as your new recreation of it, then go for it! (Just make sure they are cards from the article though.)
  • edited April 2019
    Here's one I made, not rl that good but yeah...
    It's a remake of Bargain.
  • edited April 2019
    image --> image

Using exile instead of sacrifice to represent the entire woodland coming to life as one. Decided to go down the legendary route because I realised there wouldn't be much point in playing a second copy if you already have one on the battlefield. :S
  • New:__________________________________Original:
    image image
  • New:_______________________________Old:
    imageimage
  • @Crabbycabbage cool card! For future reference though, please list the original cards name here for other cardsmiths to see. Thank you for your entry!!
  • edited April 2019
    image --> image
  • edited April 2019
    @Animist
    Maybe:
    At the beginning of the end step before your turn,
    choose any of untap step, upkeep step, draw
    step, main phase and combat phase. During your
    next turn, you skip the chosen steps or phases
    and Siltcliff Timeskipper gets +1/+1 until end of
    that turn for each step or phase chosen this way.

That should give you enough room to give her flying, which would make her much better, IMO.
  • edited April 2019
    image image
    Might need to revert to sorcery for balance. Thoughts on that, anyone?
  • imageimage

This is the first one I did, I should have read the oracle text on the original Sorrow's Path, because it was not what I thought it was. I think this is a little strong, and if I was going to change it I would either make it so when you use the second ability it doesn't untap on your next untap step, or make it deal 2 damage to you (as an homage to the original), or both.

imageimage

This is the second one I did, I wanted it to still have an effect similar to the original, and I like the danger of sacrificing your lands. I think it is a little too expensive since Multani is kind of just better than this, I think recosting it at 1GGG or something would make it better.

imageimage

This is the third one I did, I originally wanted to keep it in red, but didn't really see a way to do that well. I also wanted to make this one playable in a constructed format, and I think currently it is a little bit too week for modern, but could still see it being useful in a mill or control shell.

This is the first time I have done one of these, so I don't know if talking about process is like frowned upon or something, so sorry if it is.
  • @Faiths_Guide - That's an elegant suggestion, thanks! I had intended on giving it flying to start with before I ran out of room!
  • @The_Jam_Man - Hi and welcome! Hope you have fun here!

No, talking about the process isn't frowned upon. In fact, I think more of us should do it.
  • imageimage

Another one, I tried a few different things before this iteration, but I think I like this one the best.
  • imageimage

Chimney Imp's big brother.
  • New:__________________________________Original:
    image image
  • @Animist
    Glad to help! I assumed you’d run out of room ;)
This discussion has been closed.