i need help on a custom mechanic

i want a dodge mechanic can anyone help i don't want any coin flipping plz and able to do in game without other things beside whats in the game

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Well no dice or coins needed for this. You can always make trigger off the converted mana cost of the spell that's trying damage it. Example- Dodge Even (whenever a source with an even converted mana cost would attempt to damage this creature for the first time each turn, Prevent that damage.)

You could make so worked for odd, or = to a number or less/greater depending how you wanted to go with it.
  • Here are a few suggestions, based on RNG or otherwise. Feel free to tweak them, or use them as they are.

Dodge (If this creature would be dealt damage for the first time each turn, reveal the top card of your library. Prevent X of that damage, where X is that card's converted mana cost. Put that card on the bottom of your library.)

Dodge (If this creature would be dealt damage for the first time each turn, reveal the top card of your library. If it's converted mana cost is greater than or equal to the amount of damage dealt, prevent that damage. Put that card on the bottom of its owner's library.)

Dodge (If a source would deal damage to this creature for the first time each turn and this creature is tapped, you may untap it. If you do, prevent that damage.)

Dodge (If a source would deal less than X damage to this creature, prevent it, where X is this creature's toughness.)

Dodge (If a source would deal less than X damage to this creature, prevent it, where X is this creature's power.)

Dodge (If a source would deal more than X damage to this creature, prevent it, where X is this creature's toughness
  • reveal the top card, if cmc is odd then damage fails
    both players reveal top card, if you have higher cmc it fails
  • You could choose to pay a cost. For example, pay 2 to dodge. It would act similar to prevent all damage, except it would only apply to damage received during the damage step, and would only be good for one attack from one creature, if for some reason, that creature gains the ability to defend two creatures at once.
This discussion has been closed.