Tournament of Champions General Chat

Comments

• you're supporting me but you think I'll lose?
  • Again, I was just joking around. Nothing personal, everyone has an opinion, heck it might even be a fact. So go for it.

I think it would be very egotistical to believe Arn can't lose anyway, there is a ton of good characters in the tournament.
  • I think cypherous will either win the fight quickly or lose the fight quickly, depending on how conscience's soul magic works
  • edited April 2021
    I would personally rather fight Sturgar first before any losing happens. He seems like a worthy opponent for Arn. Probably one of the few people he respects.
  • I'm supporting you, yes. That doesn't mean I'm confident.....

I like the character concept, basically. I would love to play side-by-side with this character if Sher made it through.
  • Arn likes the fact that Sturgar has seen combat and believes that if they fight it would be epic. So in that effect I would hope sturgar survives.
  • @TheDukeOfPork i'd like to know, why do you think Imilia loses?
  • God, I've put myself under loads of pressure by posting that. 
  • @Usaername I think they weeded out the most intimidating characters so don't take it personally 
  • If I go into it I'd have to voice my opinions which I personally believe should be left to Tenebris.
  • I honestly have no place saying who wins or not but I also don't agree with that list, and its not because I'm in it. Some characters there obviously have the upper hand.
  • Honestly, just gonna say this, I don't really like Arn. He's a pseudo-deity, which doesn't really make for interesting character development.
  • edited April 2021
    he is pretty o/p, too
  • Yeah, I haven't seen a downside to your character yet.
  • edited April 2021
    -retracted-
  • Let's not talk like that about other people's characters. Everyone is putting a lot of work into their champions.

If you have feedback, try and frame it in a way that will help them improve their character and story, rather than just criticizing it.
  • edited April 2021
    yeah, you're right I was pretty mean. I apologize, I will try to give constructive criticism in the future.

maybe arn could have a weakness of some sort?
  • Arn is no god in the sense of the word. The most you can equate him to is a planeswalker since he was trained in Oko's magic, but since Oko was banned I guess that isn't a very supporting argument.

He is a spirit, stuck in a dead body, technically a zombie but not quite, has weaknesses that I wont disclose here. Nothing makes him any more Op than any other character here. He excels at melee combat but is kind of lacking in ranged, he can't really die but his body can be harmed so its not like he can't lose thus why he fled to escape my other card Klyox and let his body repair, other characters will get sigils that keep them from dying and his wild magic is very unpredictable so he rarely uses it in combat.

I personally would rather someone outright says they don't like the character than dancing around corners. 

I think the hardest but most rewarding part about writing Arn is that he is Chaotic Evil, neither bound by laws of man or gods he finds his own free will in causing chaos. His mind isn't his own since the real him died years ago (Arnest) and this is a manifestation of his worst qualities (Arn(-est)).

The problem most people have with this character is that they don't understand him but that is just it, you cannot understand chaos. His only motive is to cause chaos, be fear and to live freely he could care less about the tournament since he came to have fun and not to win. Most people want someone with a concrete motive, like money or power so they can twirl them around their fingers but that isn't Arn sorry.

If you ask me since this is fifth time someone has brought it up. I think shooting lightning from your hands is op, capturing souls is op, having some magic assassin person who can follow people is op but I'm not complaining.

I am not angry, I just feel like you guy's opinions are ungrounded.
  • I just felt I needed to address this since you guys are acting like I dropped Ulgamog in the tournament.
  • Well, on that note, your cat Snuggles is a 5-drop 20/20...just saying...
  • edited April 2021
    Thanks @shadow123 but they have the freedom to hate Arn I won't stop them and feel free to voice your opinion. Its yours so own it. @WarriorCatInAhat don't retract anything, voice your criticism and own it.
  • Snuggles wasn't Arn's pet, If you read the minor mischief series you will find that it was just a victim of Arn's shennenigans just like Casper. That is why the story begins with Arn searching for it, it was actually escaping him :D
  • @Tonysparks
    you are right. a lot of the stuff I have said about Arn is kind of hypocritical and pretty mean. I will try to give more constructive feedback in the future. I do not hate the character at all, I think he is pretty powerful though.

• > If I go into it I'd have to voice my opinions which I personally believe should be left to Tenebris.

@Tonysparks everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine, but I would still like to know, regardless of what said opinion is
  • @WarriorCatInAhat Hey no hard feelings. Everyone has an opinion and I do admit Arn's skill set is a little intimidating but I definitely don't think he is out of the ball park in terms of scaling in this tournament.
  • edited April 2021
    @Usaername by intimidating I meant characters like Imilia, Cypherous and Strugar have alot of potential and I'd be lying if I didn't think Arn has potential to. So my deduction was @TheDukeOfPork removed the most intimidating characters by making them lose.

If I voice my opinion even more boldly, I personally believe Arn would body Tika but that is subject to my own bias.

Im closing this by saying all characters here have potential, I just didn't agree with a few wins and loses.

I did agree with the outcome for Imilia vs Sound weaver (I would say its 50/50 according to me)

I do thing that sturgar is a capable fighter so I biasly would have said for Arha vs Sturgar (25/75)

I would not judge the cypherous vs conscience match since I don't think I can make a balanced guess, and the rest is subject to debate.
  • @Tonysparks I was just asking why you thought Imilia would lose but aight
This discussion has been closed.