ENCOUNTERS - GAME ON!

Comments

• Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, continues to unravel the fabric of reality, responding with a torrent of eldritch power:

Echoes of the Abyss

Nihilistic Embrace

Reality Fracture

Abyssal Swarm

Will they find a way to overcome the cosmic might of Emrakul, or will they be consumed by the void of its power? The answer remains uncertain as the clash of titans continues.
  • The traitor eldrazi will use some of it's own abhuman power (and a rather cliche card) to try to reduce Emrakul's spells' potency, and hopefully allow someone else the opportunity to attack her directly. 

• @KorandAngels
    Which spell are you targeting with that? I see no valid targets.
  • I allow Echoes of The Abyss to exile Error Sans for random creature onto my battlefield.

Targeting Abysmal Swarm

I am putting this creature here to take advantage of Nihilistic Embrace.

• All of this activity has provoked Memnarch, who decides to enter the conflict. Though not as physically formidable as Emrakul, he has superior will and mental prowess and can bypass Emrakul's defenses.

• @jpastor I didn't think I needed a real target
  • However, if that's the rule, I will instead begin to reconstitute the community's forces with a practical
  • @KorandAngels
    While I'm not keeping track of board states for the sake of my mental health, I do think it makes sense if we only play spells that somewhat make sense - like a counter spell with a specific target. I guess it just depends... like if i was starting an encounter with a Zombie lord or something, I can see how playing Rise from the Grave makes sense even though there's nothing in the graveyard... but idk - maybe we just play it by ear. I'm sorry if I shouted at ya. lol
  • Emrakul's sinister influence persists, and it answers your challenge with further eldritch might:

Cosmic Desolation
    Cosmic Desolation by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Eldrazi Monstrosity
    Eldrazi Monstrosity by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Temporal Dislocation
    Temporal Dislocation by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Emrakul's eldritch power warps time and space, challenging the very fabric of reality. The community stands on the brink of an otherworldly confrontation, facing a foe whose influence spans dimensions. Can they muster the strength and strategy needed to triumph over this cosmic menace, or will they be consumed by the void of Emrakul's power? The final battle approaches, and destiny hangs in the balance.
  • edited August 2023
    Assuming that hexproof creature can be only targeted by its owner/controller, hence, so is spells they cast.

Targeting Temporal Dislocation. Forcing it to target Eldrqzi Monstrosity

[REDICATED]
  • I need know if I just bended rule or broke it by picking a new target for spell owned by an owner to target creature with hexproof... Happened to be owned by same owner also.
  • Cosmic Desolation allows you to move cards from your opponent's libraries into your own. I don't think that's allowed
  • @KorandAngels
    I made it legal.
  • @jpastor Did I successfully changed target toward Eldrazi Monstros?
  • The Traitor Eldrazi will emit a powerful Eldrazi monstrosity, hopefully capable of holding off Emrakul's next monstrous magic attack: 

(I know that Vancouver is a real world city, this card isn't related to it I just thought the name sounded right.)
  • Actually, I take replanting back and I cast thie card instead.

• Eldritch Nexus
    Time Distortion

Time Distortion

Extra Turn

Eldrazi Oblivion

Emrakul's power grows even stronger, threatening to consume all that stands in its path. As the Eldrazi Oblivion spell is cast, reality shudders and trembles under its weight, and the very fabric of existence seems to fray at the edges. The community must rally their forces and find a way to withstand this onslaught, or risk being obliterated by the overwhelming might of Emrakul's magic.

• Targeting Eldritch Nexus

Forces Emrakul skip a turn once. They will have either to use Time Distortion or Eldrazi Oblivion

• What is this OIG image generator you're using?
  • edited August 2023
    • As Chara's abilities resonate with the energies of the battlefield, a rift in the fabric of reality appears before Emrakul, emitting a brilliant light that seems to push back the encroaching darkness. The Spirit of the First Fallen confronts the cosmic horror with an unwavering determination, challenging Emrakul's dominion over the realm. As the rift expands, Emrakul's presence weakens, and the once-unstoppable foe begins to falter. The community's efforts, coupled with the formidable power of Chara, the First Fallen, have managed to turn the tide.
    • Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, its form flickering and distorting, lets out a deafening roar of frustration. With a final surge of energy, the eldritch being attempts to muster its remaining strength for one last cataclysmic attack. However, Chara's presence proves to be the linchpin that holds back Emrakul's overwhelming power.
    • In a blinding flash of light, Emrakul's form begins to unravel, its essence dissipating like smoke in the wind. The very ground trembles beneath the strain, and the skies overhead seem to sigh in relief as the cosmic threat is vanquished. The community, standing alongside Chara, watches as the last remnants of Emrakul's influence fade away, leaving behind a world forever changed by the clash of titanic forces.
    • Victorious, the community celebrates their hard-fought triumph, knowing that the threat of Emrakul has been laid to rest. But in the ever-shifting tapestry of the multiverse, new challenges and adventures await, and the community remains steadfast in their dedication to protect their world from whatever darkness may still lurk on the horizon.
  • Oh I didn't need to help thanks and never mind
  • edited August 2023
    Encounter - Emrakul (Complete)

Encounter (The Four)

In the heart of a dense, mystical forest, the community faces four new and enigmatic adversaries:

Forestweaver
    The Forestweaver, an ancient and powerful entity that commands the very essence of nature itself. This entity, having sensed the disturbance caused by previous encounters, emerges from the depths of the forest to confront the community and restore balance to the natural world.

Forestweaver
    Forestweaver by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

"The forest's song echoes through every leaf, every branch, and every heart. Those who seek to disrupt its harmony will face nature's wrath."

Mistral
    Mistral the Galeheart
    Mistral, the Galeheart by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

"The wind's whispers are my incantations, and the storm is my canvas. Together, we paint a symphony of power."

Mistral is a master of the skies, wielding the very currents of air as a weapon. The community will have to harness the power of spells and creatures to navigate this aerial challenge.

Pyroclasm
    Pyroclasm the Inferno
    Pyroclasm, the Inferno by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

"From ember to inferno, every spark fuels my rage. Your struggles only fan the flames."

Pyroclasm embodies the destructive force of fire, leaving nothing but ashes in its wake. The community will need to use their resources wisely to avoid being consumed by its fiery onslaught.

Abyssia
    Abyssia the Depthspeaker
    Abyssia, the Depthspeaker by jpastor | MTG Cardsmith

Abyssia is a master of the oceans, wielding the might of the tides and the secrets of the deep. The community must navigate through the watery domain of this enigmatic foe.

As the community faces these four diverse adversaries - the Forestweaver, Mistral, Pyroclasm, and Abyssia - they'll need to utilize their wits, strength, and strategic thinking to overcome the challenges presented by each unique opponent. Will they emerge victorious and earn the respect of these formidable foes, or will they falter against the combined might of nature, air, fire, and sea? The battle is set, and only time will reveal the outcome of this encounter in the heart of the mystical forest.

In this encounter, you'll play a simulated battle against each foe at the same time and separately. Each turn, you may play 1 card against a specific foe. Don't forget to track valid targets. Once I respond to your play, you may play another card vs any foe.

Roles
    @Jadefire - Zookeeper: Only cards with animal subtypes.
    @LvB - Gifted Premium if you'd like it. Otherwise, your choice of role.
    @FireOfGolden - The Ghost: You play as Emrakul this encounter.
    @KorandAngels - The Entity: You play as a potential future foe.
  • edited August 2023
    Pyroclasm looks like the immediate threat, so the Uniter will summon Markoth to defend from creature attacks. 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/markoth-moth-ascetic
  • I select Mistral to weaken em in beginning with this card;

• The Rhinos will go toe to toe against the force of nature.

• That card has Amazing art what the hell
  • LvBLvB
    edited August 2023
    I'll be "The Wizard" for this encounter (and play only real magic cards).
    And since a Wizard is wise and umm, stuff, i think that these four mean well and that we should find a peaceful solution.

• Peace is not funny! Let’s start doing some autokill:

Targeting peacekeeper
  • Peace never was an option.
  • Can we give LvB a new card since their first was destroyed before the enemy's turn?
This discussion has been closed.