See the Abyss - Contest (Closed)

2»

Comments

• I did edit my first entry. Just making sure in case you took mental notes along the way. It's different now than when I first submitted.
  • 3 hours left 'til judging!
  • I have absolutely no idea how I got here, but here I am! I suggest the term 'layer' for the, uh, layers of the abyss since it sounds more evocative!

• Closed for judging!

• Man, this competition was so much fun. Awesome cards, everyone.
  • I know that this is closed, but I wanted to show you the melded card:

• I like the name "will of the abyss" because is like the abyss is a living source, that has conscience and will make you to go to the worst place as posible... (by now to a real death)
  • @TenebrisNemo When are you planning to post results for this?
  • @jaceberlin - Hey! Thanks for asking!

I've judged the 30+ entries of this contest, but I'm still carefully comparing and tie-breaking the potential winning cards before putting them into the top three. I should have the results posted in the following two days!
  • edited July 2023

Judging Results!

Thank you everyone who joined this contest! This is one of my weirdest mechanics thus far, so designing cards with it was tricky business. But you stood up to the challenge anyway, and that's something you can be proud of!

Before we gaze at the top three victorious entries, let's take a look at the ones which made it close...

Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order)
    Cadaverous OmenCave EntranceDarkfathom DelverDespairing Dawn
    Stygian SerpentTemple to the Mad GodThe Peltogyne GateWithered Possessor

The Top Three

! 3rd Place !

Melodias, Abyssal Evangelist by @Korora12!

A legend oozing with eye-catching flavor and dreadful abilities!

- You get 1 favorite from me to a card of your choice -

Melodias Abyssal Evangelist

!! 2nd Place !!

Voidseeker Aaron // Voidvector Aaron by @MemoryHead!!

Creepy flavor, horrible design, and brilliant artwork pairing!

- You get 2 favorites from me to cards of your choice -

Voidseeker AaronVoidvector Aaron

!!! 1st Place !!!

Voidmaw Invocation by @Jadefire!!!

The name, art, and effects all evoke destructive chaos. Truly a well-thought design!

- You get 3 favorites from me to cards of your choice -
    - ↓↓↓ You also get one of the following of your choice ↓↓↓ -
    - 2 months of Cardsmith Premium Subscription (10$ value) -
    - 1 month of Discord Nitro (nonbasic, 10$ value) -
    - 10$ Gift Card on Steam -

Voidmaw Invocation

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you everyone for joining, once again! Winners can claim their prizes either by commenting here or by sending me a DM via the Forums or Discord!

I will create the TROPHY card and post the victorious entries to the HALL OF FAME soon!
  • Congrats to all winners!
  • Congrats everyone! This was so much fun!
  • Congrats to everyone!!!
  • Congrats to everyone who participated! This was a lot of fun.
    I'd appreciate a favorite on Alter Fate please
  • Thanks @TenebrisNemo for hosting this contest and providing the mechanic to inspire all of these creations!

Congratulations to all those who placed and all the HMs!  Based on the time it took to do the judging, it must not have been an easy decision.
  • Thanks pal! I like how every cardsmith except me got an honorable mention! Looks like I need to go back to E league... do we have an E League? Idk. 
This discussion has been closed.