Mystery Box World

Comments

• That voice is a bit slow, but at 125% speed it sounds fine.
  • edited February 29

Deadline Arrived

Season 3 Netflix GIF by Stranger Things

Winner
    @bramboy99
  • @jpastor That sucks what happened with YouTube. That's a pretty heavy-handed approach to a channel that isn't even monetized. I like the short version of the card review.

• Dear Mystery Boxers,

The park's winter break is officially over. Thank the heavens. The park now reopens for 2024 with a fresh new take on how you can enjoy the park! Please feel free to discard any ties with the main website, it is no longer used. Please ignore the main description of this discussion, it has been replaced on the App with the Information Booth.

Your go-to for Mystery Box World stuff is still the park's app, which has been reorganized to help simplify this discussion and help keep the park clean and open for the years to come.

>>>Check out the park App to for all changes to 2024.<<<

You can bookmark this app as a home screen icon on your phone or tablet. 

As a celebration for the reopening of the park, I'm offering a one-time favorites package to all returning users following their first entry until the end of March 2024. This favorites package will include 20 favorites, divided as you choose amongst yourself or any number of cardsmiths.

There are lots of changes, but mostly these are deletions of clutter. I understand that some of you may dislike some of the changes, and I won't be upset if you are salty towards any of them. Please know, I'm just trying to adjust my hobby life to work with my personal life, and I'd rather keep my hobbies than retire them. 

Love you for sticking with my indecisiveness and fickle ideas over the years. Hope this keeps things healthy in the end and onward. Thanks and Cheers
    - Jpastor, Mystery Box World CEO
  • @jpastor Before everything goes away, can I spend my last feature on this card?

I also have one spent feature that's still pending, Call to Altruism, not sure if that's in the queue.

• Hi @Jadefire - yeah i've added Sphinx's Enlightenment to the admin queue and submitted Call to Altruism last time. If you see Sphinx's Enlightenment before Call to Altruism, let me know.
  • @Jadefire
    I'd like a mystery box please.
  • @Jadefire you can still give out boxes when requested!
  • @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Replica artifact creature belonging to a Magic group or tribe with a color-appropriate sacrifice ability.
  • Could I get a mystery box too?
  • @Jadefire your mystery box contains:
    • 20 Favorites Package
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with blitz and echo.
    @kaoz42 you also get 20 favorites, please divide as you'd like
  • Let's try a draft before i quit these forums forever and admit defeat.... call it a last ditch effort to gain some traction before quitting forever draft - I love you guys, but i feel like the boring old Mystery Box Challenges was the only thing y'all be loving... i must have messed it up:

So I would like to create some parting gifts for you guys before I move along with my life. If you would like to do these things, please do them. I will be back in a few months, maybe, but i have a kid about to be 2 years old and he's the best. Maybe he'll come up with something better than mystery boxes one day.

I'll stick around for anyone that wants to request mystery boxes now and then on this discussion, but more or less, I'm just tired.. youtube killed my channel on a formality and I'm relaunching on a new name and everything, plus moving to a new home (thanks inflation).. don't worry, i'm a healthy guy mentally, but i've been consumed by life itself. So, if you want to support me in any way, just don't stop making magic cards. That's the glory of the forums. Without your ideas, forums suck. 

Anyways, I highly recommend reaching out to me if you have a youtube channel - idk why i love youtube so much even though they banned me for having a cool idea.

Here's the draft - please choose one, even if it hasn't been chosen. I look forward to seeing your submissions. Until next time: jpastor!

• The Koala Laguna Dragon Box: Create a Koala that transforms into a dragon that produces {u} mana.
    • The Dungeon of the Forgotten Creation Box:  Create a magical artifact, seemingly nothing at first, but has the ability to end up winning the game.
    • The Simple Complex Ultimate Minimalist: Create a 1/1 Human with a custom ability so intriguing, even @Faiths_Guide would favorite it.
    • Four Corners of the Infinite Universe: Create 4 cards, one for each non-black color, that is a series of interconnected lands by flavor and/or mechanics.
    • Chromosomal Misconfiguration: Create a testament to modern day gender preferences that showcases a Legendary Creature that can transform freely into either a female character or male character.
    • Mastodonic Proportions: Create a Sorcery with a Mastodon in the artwork, but make sure it's a game changer that ends up being a kingpin staple in a mono-green deck.
    • Changing Twitter to X: Create a silver bordered card that replaces a number in text to X.
    • Last but not LeastCreate a card with two or more of the following: Embalm, Eternalize, Undying, etc, pretty much anything that prevents death works.

My friends, please enjoy these brave challenges. I suggest you do all of them if you have the chance, even if they have already been done. I'm going to take a break though. I'll be back. I think. and PS. I love taco bell and @TheKeefMan - his profile pic makes me laugh... every time.
  • I'll take Last but not Least.
  • I'll take Mastodonic Proportions
  • edited March 17
    Mastodonic Proportions: Create a Sorcery with a Mastodon in the artwork, but make sure it's a game changer that ends up being a kingpin staple in a mono-green deck.
    Thundering Stampede

I'll take another mystery box please.
  • @Robo_Kitty your mystery box contains:
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a black enchantment with a recurring trigger that becomes more effective as more creatures die.
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Replica artifact creature belonging to a Magic group or tribe with a color-appropriate sacrifice ability.
    I hope colorless is okay.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sliver-replica

@Jadefire
    Another mystery box please.

@jpastor
    I'll wait until I make a few more cards before taking advantage of the 20 favorites. Anyway, thank you very much for them and I hope that's okay.
  • @kaoz42 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Vehicle that's a sea vessel with a Pirate and/or an Explore interaction.
  • These still going? If so, it's been a hot minute since I've done much of anything on CardSmith, so I'll get myself going with a mystery box please @Jadefire !
  • @CrimsonFox your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with Darigaaz in its name.
  • edited May 14
    May I please have a Mystery Box, @Jadefire  New to the forums and this looks fun. 
  • May Update - 2024

Let's break down our prize list for the next month or two and go with the following prize list to rebuild activity:
    1. 1 favorite
    2. 2 faves
    3. 3 faves
    4. 1 hug
    5. 2 hugs
    6. 3 hugs
    7. 1 Corwinnn Key (you open a box for any cardsmith)
    8. 1 Jadefire Key (open a box with this key to guarantee 5 prize rolls)
    9. 1 Cadstar Key (open a box with this key to get choice of 1-5 challenges)
    10. 1 JPastor Key (allows you to open a box for someone's request)
    Mystery Box World - What's Open?
    • Just the cantina is open - enjoy endless Mystery Boxes.
    • All attractions closed the remainder of the month.
  • @greencircleyall your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a "you win the game" condition that ties into the number of cards you have and/or start with in your library.
  • @Jadefire Thank you. That was fun! I'll ask for another one tomorrow! 

• @greencircleyall That was fast, nice job.  No need to limit yourself if you've got the time or desire to do more challenges, but it's up to you.
  • @Jadefire Oh, sweet. May I have another Mystery Box, then, please?
This discussion has been closed.