Do you have any cards that are personal and cover sensitive topics? I'd like to see them!

2»

Comments

• edited August 2018

This is a photo of my friend Devin. He passed away getting hit by a vehicle walking home at night. I wont lie to you, I had been gone for some time. When my friend George and his friend Josh (Josh would later on become good friends with myself and Aryanf and Dechujoh64) came to pick me up, George had asked me on a scale from 1 to 10 how can I handle bad news. I just looked at him bewildered. I just lost my Uncle Gary two and half weeks BEFORE George came to pick me up. (Thats its own story too. My Uncle was wrongfully diagnosed.) But anyways I said just tell me the bad news, and he tells me that Devin died the day before. The freakin' day before I get to come home? And I had been gone 7 years... Yes I believe in a God, though I have questions of a lot of things, I don't doubt his existence. I just want to know WHY on a lot of topics.

Not a day goes by I don't miss him. We used to go to concerts/gigs/shows/mall together, mosh and check out weird obscure bands. We'd listen to the cds we would buy in his parents van. I guess that one dude was right that i met at walmart, the day after my birth mom died. He warned me "My friends are going to need me when the time comes."

I'm holding back tears. I miss the heck out of Devin. He was one of my best friends. No one was like Devin man. I heard he changed when i was gone but idc. Hes still my dude.That goes for some of my other friends too that are dead. I gotta stop here....

RIP to Devin, my homie, and to everyone else I lost, friend or family.
  • edited August 2018
    @sorinjace
    I'm glad you're willing to share. One of our two best friends died in a car crash by falling asleep at the wheel.

He said he was going with friends, but he ended up going alone for whatever reason. That one moment took one of our only two best friends in IRL.
  • @modnation675 I'm sorry for your loss as well. It don't get easier with time, it just stacks up, but that's opinion. Another opinion is that the best way to cope is finding reasons to keep strong and moving on.
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
    Those artworks are well done.
  • edited August 2018
    @modnation675 Cool, cool.
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Hmmmmmmmmmmm those cards remind me of something.

This card is a little old, but I still connect with it to some degree, especially as a vulnerable young adult who sometimes looks at the future grimly. I suffered from multiple, extended bouts of depression and suicidal ideation from a young age.

Even now, I still feel the tug of the past and feel the urge to grip a knife, flee civilization, or to drown in the wave of coldness that often times embraces me. I have woken up more times than I can count at the dead of night to cold, empty insides.

I would like to add more, but I'd prefer not to divulge too much information. As for those who might be concerned about my safety because of the previous paragraph, perhaps the fact that I undergo therapy and checkups may relieve you.
  • @Damnation its damn good to see you back. (See what i did there? No? No one? Ok...)

No but really, I thought you was another cardsmith we'd lost. I enjoy your cards. I had made you a card sometime ago but deleted it I wasn't happy with it. Your on my long list of remakes. Do you got any creature or color preferences before I make you a card my man?
  • edited August 2018
    @Bobman111 Hmmmmmmmmmm... (The vision is also suddenly heavily distorted.)
  • @sorinjace
    Understandable, to be honest. I'm still suffering from a creative block as far as card-making goes, but I still wander around the site from time to time. School is also boggling the process somewhat, now that summer is drawing to a close and I have to return to worrying about college admissions and how I will possibly pay tuition, or if I will just try to pass my CompTIA A+ certification test and grab a job once I graduate.

As for preferences, go wild! I'm fairly fluid in what I play, with the only notable detail being that I have less of a preference for green. You may have seen my comments noting that I am a prestigious member of the Izzet League, which might influence your choice, and a penchant for smithing (too many) cards with {b} in their mana costs.
  • Duly noted @Damnation! I'll make you a card you deserve one and I haven't seen any1 make u 1 yet. Sorry I wasn't on yesterday otherwise five made you 1 yesterday. Anyhow 1st chance I get I'm creating u a card.
  • My card partially is about something a lot of people do, but it to me it intertwined with some issues.
    I used to a lie a lot. I don't just mean more than some people, I mean I would regularly lie about big things small things, just for fun; to see if someone would call me out or if it would go undetected. At first this was just on the internet, then it was in real life, to the point where lying gave me a rush, I would do things just so I had an excuse to lie. I would take some money from my parents to buy frivolous things. It got kind of out of control. At the time I thought of it all as just a game; harmless. But it eventually formed habit, and habits are hard to break. By the time I finally realized I had a problem, I tried to deflect accusations. Some psychologists will recommend as a way to deal with stress and self doubt, you create a personification of it that you don't want to listen to. I did that about my problem. I created an inner demon in its true sense. My lying and stealing was all manifested in Fallax, my tormentor and inner vice. I told myself that it was an outside force's fault, not mine, as a way to cope with the fact that it had gotten far out of hand. The demon seemed perfect as an excuse to myself, a demon whose name literally is a Latin word for deception and I began picturing it. A small impish devil, who wears the a mask of my flesh, only letting part of his face show. He became an obsession, a recurring character in dreams turned nightmares. I began to also associate him with repression and masking true thoughts and feelings as an extension of lying. The lies went for too long; lies to myself and to others. Only recently have I been able to stop myself, controlling my impulse and habit that I am breaking piece by piece and with it, the mask that I/Fallax have placed over my face.
    It is that combined with the fact that I deal with uncomfortable situations and bad news with humor. It is a self defense mechanism frequently used by many people. Though it is a default reaction that has caused me to be viewed as a cold or calous person with a cynical and sadistic side. (Won't deny the cynical part but I am no sadist.) That's why I have made my card. Fallax's Mask of Humor:
  • @Everybody
    Thank you for the interesting entries, and thanks for sharing.

@Corwinnn
    May you please close this thread?

This discussion has been closed.