Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    // @EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 Due to the significant amount of time that has passed, the battle will be auto-resolved (thought EpicBoss99's comment kind of implied this XD)

Also, someone chose exactly the right time to come back. I just rolled a die on a list, and to say the least, the surprise could come in handy...

@Bowler218

As you return, you attempt to connect to Nsatar, but you feel a strange interference. Some kind of magic barrier is keeping you from reaching him.

"That is.. unfortunate," Nohel sighs. "As for Verth, I'm getting somewhat concerned. For a while now, he hasn't been responding when I try to talk to him, though it could just be the magic. I also haven't been able to read his mind."
    "I think.. I should check on him," Arlin says as she tries to get up, but the clerics set her back down.
    "You need to rest now," one of the clerics pleads. "We don't know how severe your injuries are."
    "F-Fine..."

Vryx follows Nohel as he goes behind the church again to check on Verth, but when they get there, something is amiss.

"He was just back here a moment ago, but he couldn't of gone far."

"Are you two having some trouble finding your little friends? Wook at you, so wonewy wiffout him, AHAHAHA!" Timothy... what has he done?

Suddenly, a golden light flashes between Vryx and Nohel, and from it emerges... Timothy, carrying Nsatar by the neck. Nsatar is incredibly pale, his muscles shriveled and his skin wrinkled.

"By the way, I tried a bite, and this little fella convinced me that I never want to eat horse meat again."
    "NSATAR!" Arlin jumps up to run towards him, but stumbles from her injuries, screaming from the pain. "What did you do to him?!"
    "Wow, wow, wow! You all freak out like I killed this poor, sweet creature or something. Don't fret! He's alive, but I don't think he'll be kicking anytime soon! KEHEHEH! GET IT?!"

Everyone looks down and realizes something else is wrong with Nsatar... he's missing a leg.

"NYAHAHA! Now you get it-"
    "You sick bastard!" Arlin shouts.
    "What are you going to do about your little boyfriend, gimpy? Yell at me some more?"
    "You are a sad, strange man, Joseph," Nohel ridicules.
    "Thanks for the compliment! They say you should always go all-in!" Timothy drops Nsatar's unconscious body onto the ground. "Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this sweetheart's company. To say the least, he probably won't be leaving for... a very long time."
    "N-no..." Nohel remembers the warning Timothy gave Verth and Vryx.
    "At least here he won't die of heat exhaustion! He'll just die a lot slower and suffer in this rotten jail cell-"

The wind begins to gust, and a bit of snow drops from above. "Ooh! My, I should of brought my winter coat! Well, have fun dressing your friend here up for winter. Maybe make him a nice, cozy fire. Make sure he's close enough to warm up. Remember; someone who's on fire won't be cold for the rest of their life! HAHAHA! And I heard horse meat is a good alternative to beef- Ahah- *cough cough cough* AHAHA!"

With another golden flash, Timothy disappears. As Vryx and Nohel look over Nsatar's still body, they see a grisly claw mark on his neck, heavily bruised in the exact shape of Timothy's paw.

"He did it... didn't he?" Nohel places his hand on Nsatar, and suddenly, he screams, doubling over in agony. "H-h-he-he-he-he-"
    "Speak, Nohel! Speak!" One of the guards comes over to Nohel to check on him. The god, who stood twice taller than any mortal, now stood doubled over like any other man.
    "The agony! He-he stole- Nsatar's soul! He left him within an inch of his life! Every moment of his torment filled my mind..."

The soul of a planeswalker... Nsatar should of left while he had a chance. Vryx feels Nsatar's neck, and a very faint pulse can be felt, far too slow for any living being he's dealt with. He tries to see what he can do to help him, but he is interrupted by a yelp behind him. He turns around, and Verth is there, breathing heavily. His skin is pale and his eyes are wide; whatever happened must have shocked him, but somehow, his eyes get wider when he sees Nsatar on the ground.

Verth doesn't realize that Nsatar is actually still alive. His stomach sinks, his heart shatters, and he shudders. What happened? What went wrong? Moments ago, Verth faced Timothy with great bravery, but somehow, now he seemed so weak. He felt helpless... useless. He came this close to finally ending everything that had plagued his life, but just as it seemed like he reached the last step on his stairway to fulfilling his only wish, he fell down an even taller stairway, one that seemed insurmountable... and this one hope for tomorrow faded away. If no one stopped Timothy, he would surely become a threat to the entire world... or worse...

Or worse...

The sun shone through the window as Verth sat down to have a drink with Uvras.

"I'm glad the ring is working for you, Verth. However, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Rumors are already spreading, and if they find out I had anything to do with this, they'll surely brand me as a heretic. We can still be friends, and you can gladly come down every now and then to chat, but with your new power comes incredible risk. Other people may come to desire it, and they will stop at nothing to obtain it. If someone finds out, Layre may not be your biggest concern. I wish you luck on your hunts, Verth, but don't put your pursuit for vengeance ahead of the people. There will likely come a day when a threat greater than Layre emerges, and on that day, you have to be ready..."

"I... I failed..." Verth began to cry as he remembered that day. "I wasn't ready..."

Verth feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns, and Uvras is there. "You haven't failed, Verth. The battle has only just begun."
    "H-How can you say that? You told me to be ready for this day... I wasn't ready-"
    "You have learned a lot since we met, and you have done things neither of us thought was possible. You shouldn't put yourself down. All you can do is wake up tomorrow and try again."
    "How? Timothy's on a completely different plane. There's nothing to try! He's gone!"
    "Verth-"
    "Uh-Uvras- T-Timothy... Timothy..."

Verth grows faint, stumbling against the wall of the church.

"This... isn't over."
  • @Tommia
    "We have been forsaken by the Six, they have been corrupted and we must tear them down from their high seats in the heaven."

"We have received a prophecy in the form of a vision, the Six have and will make numerous efforts to destroy the populace and wipe the plane free of its inhabitants, we have been given instructions on how to prevent this."
  • edited January 2020
    The nameless scourge, the Horned
    One
    Will set his heartless, malevolent
    gaze upon Stitia
    And even when we've done what we

could
    In his wake, all shall be
    killed
  • edited January 2020
    @Tommia
    “The Rootforged accept this blessing. We hope our alliance may be long and fruitful.”
    Zacarias raises his staff, summoning leaves that coat the werewolves’ fur. “And may you accept my humble token of our appreciation.”
  • // @EnvyReaper Sorry for the delay. Haven't really been able to work on this except bits and pieces on my phone.

"The Six?" Lim asks.
    "Oh, goody!" Scarf begins. "See, there are six gods that look at this plane like a sandbox. I never really liked them, but now no one does. They're gonna be turning against the people, The sweet, sorry, innocent people! Ohohohoh... boooo-hoooo!"
    "Yeah they are," Lilith replies, "but you could be a little more serious, Scarf. Just the thought of... being at the whims of a higher power..." Lilith shudders.
    "It looks like not many people here like religion," Lim says as she looks down. "Even most atheists don't frown upon religion this much where I'm from."
    "I take it you don't have six gods trying to kill everyone."
    "No one knows for sure what gods watch over Tommia, for they never show themselves. Some believe there is a single God, others believe in multiple gods, and some believe in none at all. Religion is very rich where I come from, and some polytheists even believe in different gods entirely."
    "That... must be bizarre," Siegfried remarks. "I couldn't imagine a world without Conse's steady presence."
    "There are signs of a god on Tommia. Prayers answered, faith rewarded..."
    "I hate to cut you off here, Lim," Lilith cuts in, "but these are the same kinds of things our gods did, and look where we are now."
    "Our god would never betray us..."
    "That doesn't change the fact that ours did!" Scarf yells. "Now couldya go out on a limb and free me here?"
    "Not unless your leader wills it."
    "What about me?"
    "Anger issues... psychosis. I can see the jail cells already. Solitary confinement in padded rooms and straightjackets."
    "Sounds like fun!" Scarf cheers. "Are whips and chains included? Is my warden female-"
    "Can it," Lim grunts.
    "These are things a grown man needs to know-"
    "You're 15, Scarf."
    "Is lunch at least includ- ech! Ach!"

Suddenly, a branch has begun to grow into Scarf's mouth. He can't speak.

"I knew you could shut'em up," Rusty says thankfully.
    "Don't think you're off the hook." Lim walks up and rips Rusty's axe out of his hand. "No wonder you're so violent. You make your very living off destroying the world nature created."
    "I sustain the wood I grow, thank you. Now gimme that back! That'sa heirloom from my great-great grandpappy!"
    "I'll give it back when you learn peace." Lim embeds the axe in a tree. Then, she turns to Lilith. "It looks like this world needs a lot more help than mine."
    "Probably," Schoren jests.
    "This place is a damned nightmare, I tell you," Bernard seconds.
    "I'll... take your word for it. Allow me a moment to tell my people, once I find out how to make it back home. This world, and its very leylines, are corrupted. Its soul is fractured. I will remain here to mend it."

Lim reaches into the ground and glows, and in a moment, disappears. After what seems like hours, she returns.

"I'm sure Elysium is in good hands. I can't stand to watch a single soul suffer, and you have showed me that every soul on this plane suffers far more than I could possibly imagine. I won't leave your side until this suffering comes to an end..."
  • @ASubtleGhost Due to extended inactivity, Xataxji will become autonomous for now. I will assume that you agree to help the werewolf.

@TezzeretofCarmot21 "Your gift is accepted. Your aid will be noted." The werewolf then turns to face Xataxji's minion. "Now, if you will come with me for a moment..."

As you evaluate your forces for casualties, Brocara shudders.

"Wh-why did- they spare us- after mutilating the Dawnwood...?"
    "The world works in mysterious ways," one of your guards answers. "Anyways, that demon should be back any minute-"

The demon walks through the front of the tree and asks to speak to you.

"I am sorry for the nature of my visit. As I was stating earlier, my master is assembling an army. As you may know, the gods plan to go to war with us... my master plans to wage war back. We will need all of the assistance we can get. Do we have your allegiance."
  • @Tommia “I am on your side. From what I’ve gleaned the gods appear to be unjust, and I’m against any tyrant.”
    He frowns in consternation for a moment. “But tell me, who is your master? Who does one such as you serve?”
  • edited January 2020
    @Tommia

"This...isn't...over..." Verth's words fumbled out of his mouth as he tumbled onto the floor. His body may have become limp with exhaustion, but his mind fumed with anger and anguish. There was no way that Verth could possibly let Timothy escape into some alternate dimension. That kind of evil needed to be eradicated before it could rot the rest of the multiverse. With Nsatar in his current condition, it was up to Verth to stop this madman and make up for his horrible miscalculations, especially since he did nothing to save the centaur while he suffered.

At this very moment, his desire for justice and vengeance against Timothy manifested to its fullest extent. He felt a fire in his blood, then felt a huge ball of light engulf him, almost as if it was protecting him from Timothy's deceptive magic. Then it happened. Verth felt himself transforming to his wereraven form, then nothingness once again. It was a darkness that was very similar to the one Timothy had him trapped in, but this time he felt himself travelling. Travelling somewhere far from Stitia, far from home. At this very moment, fate sided with Verth Odbar.

• @TezzeretofCarmot21 "My master is the High Demon Xataxji of Jedam, slayer of the unworthy. His place among demons should not just be respected; it should be feared. I will assure you greatly. We are irreplaceable allies, and undefeatable enemies. We have forged countless alliances thus far; your aid would lead this world ever closer to safety."
  • edited January 2020
    @EpicBoss99 A fantasia of lights and sounds surrounds you as you fly through the Blind Eternities. An endless desert, a boundless sea, a city that spans the entire world... then suddenly, everything slows down, until you realize you're about to fly into someone.

"Nah!"

Before you can see who it is, they dodge out of the way. You land, and look around. Where are you?

Credit - JoeyJazz (DeviantArt)

Daylight... It seems as though it's been decades since you last saw the sun. You look in the distance, and a moon is also visible. You somehow feel immensely stronger and significantly weaker at the same time, but you can feel why; this moon has no magic. Your transformation is sustained solely by your own magic.

You turn, and you see a stocky half-elf wearing a worn trenchcoat. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, but he doesn't seem that surprised to see you, until...

"Aw! Are you naked?! Put some clothes on!"

You still feel weak, and before you can say anything, you collapse.

"Hey! Are you okay? S**t!"

Your eyes slowly open. You hear a beeping sound as you wake up. The ceiling seems tiled like a floor, you're surrounded by things you've never seen before, and- is the building in the air?! You look down, and there's a needle in your arm connected to the only familiar thing in sight; a blood bag. You're in your human form again. You also see the half-elf from earlier sitting in a strange chair. Suddenly, a glass door opens, and a doctor comes in.

"So... You're finally awake." The doctor, a anthropomorphic dog, comes into the room. He washes his hands, then puts on gloves. "I've got to say. I expected my patient to be a lot more Aven."
    "I suspect he's a druid," the Half-elf replies. I myself am a druid in training."
    "So that magic is real? This is the first time I've seen it." The doctor continues talking as he grabs a weird, slightly opaque bottle filled with clear, pink colored liquid and pours some I to a small cup. "Anyways, I went over the info the ER sent me... I don't know how you're alive. Severe exhaustion, malnutrition, several severe cut marks from a Haeynu, and multiple broken bones... what happened?"
  • edited February 2020
    @Tommia

Verth looked around at his strange surroundings before answering the strange man's question. He desperately wanted to know where he was, because he definitely wasn't in the Stitia he knew anymore. Strange machines of an unknown material were scattered throughout the room, and the technology they used seemed far more advanced than anything a Stitian artificer could produce. Not only that, but buildings seemed to float in the air entirely on their own. Did Verth travel through time? Regardless of the answer, Verth chose his words cautiously. If he even had the energy to speak, that is.

"It's...a long story," Verth coughed, painstakingly replying through his injuries. "Where am I...? What time is it...?" He couldn't stop himself from asking these questions, but if it was possible to hide his origins, he would take that opportunity for the safety of these two individuals.
  • @Tommia
    Zacarias sighs. Why must this world have so much strife and war?
    “I will fight alongside you and your master. Let it be known that the Rootforged will support you in your battle.”
  • edited February 2020
    @EpicBoss99 The doctor laughs and shakes his head.

"You probably don't remember, do you?"
    "When I felt your life line," began the half-elf, "I knew something was amiss. I brought you to the Omninfirmary. I tried to heal you with magic, but nothing happened. Then again I always screw everything up."
    "So, young man. I suspect you'll be in here for a few weeks, and I expect you'll need about a month to recover. We have the most advanced technology on Elysium, but we can't work miracles." The man finally grabs the cup and presses a button on your bed. A small table folds out over you, and he sets the cup on it. "This should help you feel a little better and get some rest. It'll also restore some nutrients in your body and help you heal faster."

You give the doctor a strange look. You've had run-ins with people providing drinks like this; so-called "miracle cures". Nonetheless, you drink the thick beverage. It's incredibly sweet, but has an awful aftertaste. However, you suddenly feel reinvigorated... and sleepy. You're grateful you can get some rest, and this bed feels incredibly comfortable...

"Well well well..." Timothy. "I should of killed you while I had a chance."

You are dreaming. You're aware. But you aren't in control. You find yourself in the middle of a dark, foggy forest, alone, but you can't move. You are able to move around, and realize you are chained to a group of trees.

"You've impressed me. I never thought you'd muster the strength to chase me down. But riddle me this; what makes you think you can stand a chance? Your little dance with me? I'm a changed man now."

The chains begin to pull on you as you are left unable to escape.

"With the power of my spark, I was singlehandingly responsible for the destruction of planes! With the power of two? Huehuehueheh! I bet I could destroy a hundred more, especially now that I'm trying. I've got to say though... Nsatar was a pushover."

Suddenly, a grim sight flashes before you. Nsatar... the desert. Surrounded by Timothy and a swarm of hyenas, Nsatar is left screaming, and his sword drops to the ground. Timothy seems to be taller than before, standing at least five heads higher than the centaur.

"Verth! Help me! Please!"

Suddenly, the chains come loose, and you run towards him. Timothy's arm convulses as he reaches to grab Nsatar, and with one movement, several bones in Nsatar's neck break. He hangs limp in TImothy's hand, and is dropped to the ground. The hyenas begin to feast on his body as Timothy laughs.

"Verth... help..."

You are just about to reach Timothy when the chains suddenly pull you back.

"Verth..." Nsatar begins to move again, rising up with a still broken neck, and he turns to face you. His neck suddenly snaps back into place. "Verth... you let him kill me... you let him kill me!"

Suddenly, Nsatar charges towards you.

"YOU LET HIM KILL ME!"

Lightning strikes. You try to escape as Nsatar charges towards you, but you fall. Nsatar seems to be rising as tall as you can see as his hooves crush you, shattering your being and the dream.

You wake up in the hospital bed. You look around, and the half-elf is there. The doctor is there. However, something is amiss. You look down, and you're strapped to the bed. The doctor licks his lips as he snaps his gloves. The half-elf smiles.

"Soooo... you're finally awake..." The doctor grabs the bottle of clear, pick liquid and approaches you briskly. Suddenly, he tears the lid off, breaks your jaw, and forces the bottle down your mouth. You try to fight him, but it's no use. You hear the half-elf laughing, and you begin to drown as the seemingly endless bottle of pink liquid starts to turn to bloo-

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" The half-elf is slapping you. You hear a very loud siren, and see a red flashing light. It is night time now. "Thank God! Come on! We've gotta go!"

The half-elf begins to rip off all of the equipment, undoing the needle in your arm and removing a strange clamp from your finger.

"A bomb just went off downstairs! We need to evacuate!"

The half-elf rushes you out of bed, and even though you're still fuzzy headed, you manage to stand and follow the half-elf out of the room.

"ATTENTION ALL OCCUPANTS! BUILDING STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY HAS BEEN COMPROMISED! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

You can smell it. Smoke. You are led down a hall with many strange devices to a door with a flight of stairs. You go down, when a violent explosion knocks down the staircase.

"GAH!"

The half-elf plummets. As though it were instinct, you transform into your wereraven form, swooping down to rescue him, and you land at the bottom of the staircase. Smoke obscures the view, and the half-elf begins to cough. You look into the only door around, and the room is on fire.

"Th-thank you. *cough cough cough* Now hold on just a moment. I think I can deal with this. Hold my hand."

You hold the half-elf's hand, and he snaps his finger. In a moment, you feel ephemeral, and as though you were yanked through the entire building. Once you can finally see again, you are at what seems to be the entrance to the building. However, the half-elf is on fire. He keeps snapping his fingers, and nothing happens.

"Christ."

The half-elf finally extinguishes the fire, and right on time. You look through the front door, and there are several people running away from the building, all armed with strange weapons. Are they firearms?

"A'ight! Da package's loaded! Less gedoudda here!"
    "'Ey! TC! We got company!"

The apparent leader of the group turns to face you.

"Heh.. yadidn't see nuthin', punks."

Suddenly, the leader aims their weapon at you. Make a card to deal with at least 2 Red Street Goons. It will be scored with a target of 12.
  • @Tommia I don't know what to do right now. Sorry.
  • @Bowler218 It would likely be best to try to find some way to help the fight against the prophecy; if you can't think of anything, I can just advance time.
  • edited February 2020
    @Tommia

Unfortunately for the thugs, Verth did see something. But first, he needed to take out these soldiers and their strange, futuristic firearms. With blinding speed that Verth has now grown accustomed to, he crouched down and slammed his knee upwards onto the thug leader's weapon, causing shattered pieces of gun to fly sky-high into the air and towards the goons behind their leader. Remembering what happened to Vryx, Verth took absolute care not to use his talons when using non-lethal force. Verth then jabbed his knee into him as a means to incapacitate him. Verth then switched his attention to the other goons, quickly disarming them of their weapons while dodging the flurry of bullets. With enough counter-attacks, he rendered the rest of the goons unconscious.

By the time the brief scuffle was over, all that remained in front of the now-crumbling hospital were Verth, the half-elf, and the innocents fleeing the wreckage. "Who are these people? And what are they doing looting a place like this?" Verth asked the half-elf, speeding through the air to catch up to whatever the "package" was. While that was the top priority for now, Verth was still haunted by the nightmare that Timothy graciously placed into his mind. While the frequency of Timothy's constant attempts to torture him has caused their effect to wane, it was still agonizing to go through nevertheless.

• @TazzeretofCarmot21 "Good. Now, as the prophecy stated, our greatest threat lies in the summoning of the gods. We are on a crusade to uncover where they will be called down, but in the meantime, we are also taking care of... 'their minions.' If you will it, I could bring you to my master in Jedam, where you can discuss things more personally..."
  • edited February 2020
    Ishka is stuck, trying to remember a key clue, something she missed before. In front of her, she saw something. Not a memory, or a clue, but something different. The white mist becomes greater, and through it she can see different mists, of blue, black red and green colours. But the white mist was leaking through a crack in something... Reality? Suddenly the mist was gone, and in it's place was a different mist. A creature. Not any type she had seen. The closest thing it resembled was a spirit, but it was of a different sort. The essence cast a spell*, and then it was fully there.
    "Hello, Ishka. I see you have run into trouble" Says the shade.
    *Paradox shot
    Enchantment - aura
    Enchant creature with two ore more colours in it's colour identity. Enchanted creature is no longer the colour of your choice.
  • @Tommia, yeah, you can just advance time. I honestly can't think of anything that Vryx could do at this point. He's not a plainswalker, he can't heal Nsatar or Arlin, and he can't really do anything else at the moment.
  • edited February 2020
    @EpicBoss99 Everything seems to happen in the split-second. The half-elf suddenly pulls out a sharp, star-shaped blade, and with a flick of his wrist, it hits one of the goons, hitting a pressure point and knocking them down. You attack the leader, and their gun seems to break into pieces.

"What the hell?!"
    "This guy must be some kinda mutant freak!"
    "You said to be ready for ADAM's finest!"
    "Why would they be in cahoots with the Ear- GHUCK!"

You look, and the half-elf has grown cat claws. He punches one of the thugs, and with a few jabs, the thug falls paralyzed, a small pinhole in several parts of their chest.

Both of you make quick work of the thugs, but you realize that a few are getting away.

"Load it in! C'mon! C'mon!"

You see a large steel case being loaded into what appears to be a vehicle. On the side, it says "NECTAR".

"Wha- I didn't- think it was real." The half-elf is somewhat exhausted, but the sight seems to shock him. "'NECTAR'. Of course they'd be after it! I heard rumors ADAM was testing their cure for cancer here." He then clenches his fist, and spotted fur begins to emerge from his arms. A tail has also formed on his back, and his ears have become catlike. "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a bit dicey today. I don't think they'll be making it home, and I can't stand for the bad guy to profit off the vulnerable."

Suddenly, a few bullets come in from the direction of the vehicle. One of them strikes the half-elf, but he pulls it out. The thugs don't seem too happy.

"**** 'em. It's not worth the risk! J! Step on it!"

The man behind the vehicle quickly gets inside. The man and woman loading the case into the back of the vehicle are left behind as it rises into the air and takes off. The duo then pulls out firearms of their own, but you swiftly deal with them. You and the half-elf then chase after the vehicle...

"This is bull***t!"
    "What do these guys want?!"

The half-elf is breathing heavily, running on all fours in a somewhat ephemeral form. You pass by a great number of large buildings as you fly through the air, taking care not to strike the seeming over abundance of bridges, lights, and hanging signs. One of the thugs shoots out the window at the half-elf, but the bullets pass through. They try to shoot you, but the bullets are deflected.

"Can you make this go any faster?!"
    "No! We're going at 170! I don't get how we ain't losing these freaks!"

The vehicle sharply slows down and slides around a corner, cutting down a side street. The half-elf leaps from a rooftop and clings onto the side of another building, while you dive down to stay close.

"How much further we got to the safehouse?"
    "20 miles!"
    "Then screw it! I'm phonin' in support!" One of the thugs pulls out a device. It lights up, and he speaks into it. "Hey K! We got some heat chasing us down! We're gonna need the damn plane!"
    "You're kidding me!" Says a voice coming from the device. "There shouldn't be any fuzz!"
    "We ain't getting chased by cops! There's a freakin' aven and some elf or whatnot!"
    "I don't even want to know. I'm sending it out!"

You continue to pursue the vehicle for several minutes, following it but never being able to actually do anything about it, when suddenly, you hear a noise in the distance...

You look, and you see another vehicle, screaming through the air to fly towards you. You can't figure out what it is, but that doesn't matter as it shoots off a projectile that explodes, knocking the half-elf off the building he's on. You try to catch him, but you are interrupted when a stream of bullets nearly strike you. The vehicle flies into the distance, then turns around it begins to shoot again, but this time, one of the projectiles is following you, and you can't seem to divert it...

Make up to two cards. You must be able to deal with the Hijacked Skybreaker and avoid the effects of its abilities. You will get an extra point if you only make one card, and if you make two, the average of the scores will be used. Your target is 12.
  • edited February 2020
    // @KorandAngels Before I respond, I'd like to know for sure what you're doing. Are you creating a new character to play as, or picking back up as Ishka? Also, what is this character doing?
  • I am getting an in-lore excuse to get a hint. La'ayiv is an old character of mine (Not my new main for this saga). Here's the story.
    1. La'ayiv is part of Planeswalkers Journey 2.5
    2. Over time, he takes control of the omniversal force called the Parellel.
    3. He is now that guy.
    4. He's helping Ishka find out whatever I need to find out.
    5. I enjoyed writing that story.
  • // @KorandAngels It is assumed you will be joining back into the saga as Ishka, or at least, you're thinking about it.

A few days have passed since the incident. You have donned a mask to hide yourself from authorities. Your angelic sustenance has run bare, and you're starving. As much as you need the food, you don't have any money, and you can't bring yourself to steal. Even if your life depends on it. When Nohel tried to show you his ultimate vision, you mind wasn't ready. You saw only mere glimpses before your mind wavered, so he has given you a simple task; to steel your mind for the coming hours.

You find yourself in an alleyway alone. As much as the thought disgusts you, You're becoming malnourished, so you dig through a rubbish bin for food, only to find that any food that was within is rotten. You continue to skulk through allies and along rooftops. You hate this life. Every moment of it. And yet, you still lived, if not for the mere will to do so, then to pick up the pieces and move on.

Today is hopeless. Not a single scrap of food can be found, and it's too risky to beg. A mother accidentally leaves a bread roll on a bench, and every part of you wants to take it as your own, but you return it to her instead. You may be starving, but that mother has a child to feed. It would be selfish to take it as your own.

What time is it? With the Crimson Moon and nothing else in sight, you can't tell what is day and what is night. You wake up, search, go back to sleep, repeat. You keep thinking about what Nohel told you, but you can't think of anything. But finally, something comes to you. A voice from beyond. It does not speak for long, but it does give you one sign...

"Dwell on the past..." What could it mean?

For the card, it seems oddly specific, and more an anti-hoser. I'd add flash and remove the color identity part just in case.

Paradox Shot 1U

Enchantment — Aura

Enchant creature

Flash

As Paradox Shot enters the battlefield, choose a color.

Enchanted creature is no longer the chosen color and can't become the chosen color.
  • edited February 2020
    That sort of thing is what La'ayiv did. Your wording is better, but La'ayiv gets killed by blue maghic, the reason I invented the spell in the first place. Also, I din't know angels needed to eat.
    (I'm kind of stuck. I looked through most of your old comments to me that you could edit a thing into, but t'was inconclusive.

All Ishka finds in her past is that it wasn't originally this bad.
  • edited February 2020
    // @KorandAngels Angels in this world are sustained by their faith; once they're disconnected from the gods, they lose everything that made them angelic, save their features. The one exception in this case is that you still have the favor of Nohel.
  • (Thanks for telling me where to look)
  • edited February 2020
    @Tommia

Verth dived and weaved through the many buildings of this massive city, but couldn't shake off this clearly magical weapon following his movements. He then attempted to accelerate and pass the massive, metallic winged creature that fired it in an attempt to force the projectile to hit it. If this weapon somehow had sentience, there wasn't much that Verth could do beyond misdirection, so he hoped that his improvised flight pattern would do the trick. If that didn't work, he could always try redirecting the missile with his talons.

Should Verth be successful, he checks on his half-elf ally to ensure his safety. If the half-elf is in need of help, Verth will end his pursuit to save the half-elf. Otherwise, he will continue his chase of the criminals.

• edited February 2020
    @Bowler218 The clerics are doing everything in their power to keep Arlin alive. She isn't looking good, but at least she's stable now. In the meantime, they have also gotten to Nsatar. His wounds are bizarre; he's mutilated beyond repair, but he isn't bleeding. There's literally no reason he should be alive, but his heart still beats, weakly and sick.

Verth has vanished. He suddenly disappeared in a veil of flames, leaving ashes in his wake. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that, maybe, just maybe, Verth ignited a spark of his own. Arlin seems to agree; you just hope he makes it back in better shape than Nsatar...

"Thank whatever powers that still be that Nsatar is okay..." Arlin says-
    "He doesn't have the mark!" One of the cleric yells with joy.
    "The mark-"
    "He isn't a Triskaidian! We can heal him with magic!"
    "R-Really?!" Arlin shouts, and tries to stand. Two clerics keep her from getting up.
    "Get him to the stand immediately! This man needs healed! Oh thank Conse!"

Arlin is moved to another bed while Nsatar is put upon the slab. The platform raises, and the clerics rush to the rooftop with great haste.

“Oh Zythl, oh Nohel, oh Sprot and Sith. Oh Faer and Conse, may this man you be with!"

A new priest is on the rooftop. You remember what happened to the last, and pray to whatever powers may be that things go well.

"Oh angels above, give this man your power, so he can survive his darkest hour.”

The clerics on the rooftop have their staffs raised. The sky opens above, and a light shines down. The staves of the clerics glow, and create a beacon above Nsatar.

“Underneath your righteous rays, protect this creature for all days.”

Why isn't Nsatar being healed? Then, you remember something... lycanthropes have a healing factor. Perhaps you were healed not by the gods, but by your affliction...

“May your blessing rain upon this hall. Give us life and save us all!”

The hall is in silence. Nsatar has not begun to heal.

"C-Conse..."

"You hold traitors in this hall." The light begins to darken into a purplish hue. "I must intervene..."

Suddenly, the slab falls from the ceiling, crashing down onto the floor with a metallic clang.

"NOOOO!"
    "CONSE! WHY?!"
    "YOU HAVE LOST YOUR RIGHT TO USE THAT NAME!" Lightning strikes the rooftop, and you can hear one of the clerics screaming. They fall down, fried, and land on top of Nsatar.
    "You...you can't! You can't do this-"
    "This creature threatens the very foundation of our world. If you seek to prove you still hold faith to me... kill him."
    "Kill... him?..."
    "YOU HEARD ME, DAMMIT! KILL HIM!"

The entire hall stood in silence. Nsatar still lie there, seemingly lifeless and clinging on. No one in the hall moved an inch.

"This man... stood for all that's right!" One of the clerics protests. "He actively sought to destroy a threat to our world!"
    "This is your final warning. Kill him or else..."
    "Now now... that's a little inconsiderate, wouldn't you say?"
    "Who is that?"
    "Show yourself, jester..."
    "What? Miss me already?" One of the clerics shudders when the realize where the voice is coming from. Nsatar.
    "He-he's moving!"

Nsatar's leg slowly begins to grow back as he attempts to rise. A purple glow resonates through his eyes.

"Of course he would..." Nohel says, drawing his sword.
    "What- what's going on?!" Arlin has crawled out of her bed, barely standing.
    "Heheheh... I'm just giving your friend a bit of assistance..."

Nsatar's leg growing back isn't the only thing that's happening. Somehow, it seems as if the leg is growing back twisted. His wounds are beginning to tear open, revealing the bones underneath, and his hair begins to fall out. His hands meld into shape, and his entire body bends and twists into a demented form. The clerics on the rooftop look on in horror as, in the last moment of this wretched transformation, Nsatar's skull twists and forms, puncturing his skin as he begins to grow horns.

"N-Nsatar... what did he do to you?!"

"I almost pity you," Conse announces. "At least you will die by the hands of this wretched trespasser, and not by mine."
    "Vryx... why...?" The horror that now stands when Nsatar used to be turns towards you. "Why did you let him do this to me?..."
    "Call the guards!"
    "I'm never doing a healing ritual again!"

Everyone darts off as the horror kicks back his newfound hooves. You can hear Timothy's hideous laughter coming from somewhere, but it no longer seems to be Nsatar. The clerics and guards fall to their knees as their flesh begins to rot away. You, Arlin, and Nohel all double back, suddenly feeling weak. It's as though a horrid aura has taken over the cathedral.

"That wretched devil!" Nohel is the first to stand up, his wings beginning to decay. "I... didn't know he was capable of this..."
    "I've been playing with some untouched toys, and some forbidden powers. I've gotta say; being a demon slayer pays off when you get to take all their little tricks and trinkets for yourself. I've just never used any of them!"
    "Vryx! Help!" Arlin's wounds are beginning to come open again, bleeding profusely as the skin around them dies. You realize the severity of the situation, and quickly grab her to remove her from the building."
    "What's the matter? You haven't even started fighting yet!"
    "You could of saved me..." The horror rasps. "Now... you'll die with me..."
    "No! Nsatar! Stop!"

The demon charges towards you, outpacing you significantly. With a savage swipe, you're knocked prone with Arlin. She uses all of her power to turn ephemeral and slip into Thylinder while she has the chance. You get up and scamper away, but you're suddenly confronted.

"You're buddy's gone now... no one's gonna come save you."

imageimageimageimage

"It would seem we've been a little off our guard," Nohel grunts.

You will have to deal with at least two of these targets in order to escape. Make a card that can deal with at least one of them, attacks all of them, or provides a buff to you and/or Nohel. Remember! You can submit creatures! Your target for N'Tara is 12, and your target for the other four attackers is 8. N'Tara will need to take 5 points excess damage in order to be defeated, but the others will die if you get even a point above target.

For spells affecting multiple creatures, for each point in excess of 10, you'll defeat one enemy, and you'll damage N'Tara on a 15. A score below 10 does nothing.
  • Conse is a transforming card...
  • edited February 2020
    @EpicBoss99 You're flying as fast as you can, yet somehow, the projectile is keeping up with you. You try to divert through a building, breaking a window in the process and scaring those inside, but the projectile follows you inside. You make a quick turn, and the projectile seems to steer away, but a mere moment later, it starts following you again. What could it possibly be? Save for some of the oldest magic Uvras has told you about, no projectile is capable of doing this. But then... you remember a lesson of Uvras's you overheard...

The missile will ruthlessly pursue its target until it hits its mark. Most people run away, but the trick is to catch the missile and return it to its target.

That's it! You quickly flip around, taking care to match the speed of the projectile as you grab hold of it with your back talons. The projectile tries to veer you off course, but you are undeterred as you fly towards the vehicle. With a mighty kick, the projectile flies towards the vehicle, and makes impact...

Suddenly, a pod shoots from the top of the vehicle as it violently explodes. You surround yourself in a protective aura as shrapnel flies at you full force, and it scatters away. Making sure to keep one eye on the vehicle below you- wait.. is that him?!

"We got a carry on!"
    "And it looks like your flight is gonna have an indefinite layover. In Hell!"

The half-elf rips a door off the vehicle, and the half-elf rips out one of the passengers.

"Billy!"

The half-elf makes quick work of the people inside the vehicle, and it begins to swerve. He throws out the driver and takes control of the vehicle, slowing it to a stop. He then jumps out of the vehicle and runs into an alleyway, motioning you to fly over.

You check on the half-elf, but surprisingly, he's fine

"That was a close one. Thanks for the help. Anyways, I'm gonna be contacting the authorities. They should be able to clean this up." He begins to transform back into normal as he calms down, pulling a device out of his pocket with lights on it. He taps it a few times, then holds it to his ear.

"Emergency response."
    "Uh, yes. Me and some other guy just took down a group of bandits running off with a stolen package."
    "A stolen package?"
    "It's a big metal box that says 'NECTAR'."
    ""NECTAR'? A recovery team and law enforcement will be out soon to investigate."
    "Gotcha."

As the half-elf describes the situation, several minutes pass, and more vehicles pull up. Out of a black van, a man steps out and quickly approaches you two.

"Which one of you made the call?"
    "I did, sir."
    "Harry Fizex. Special Investigation agent. You mentioned something about a metal box with the word nectar on it?"
    "Yeah." The half-elf presses on the device and puts it into his pocket.
    "Can you show me, young man?"

You walk over to the vehicle, and the back is opened up. The agent motions, and three more come over.

"Confirmed." The agent places a small badge on the metal box within. "I was sure they were going to attempt to steal it. Thank you for stopping them."
    "No problem sir."
    "What is your name?"
    "Taylor. Taylor Vich."
    "Address?"
    "89 Shax Street, Floor 5."
    "You will be contacted soon. You'll be handsomely rewarded for this."
    "Thank you."

The agent then turns to face you.

"Same for you. Name and address please."
This discussion has been closed.