Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Add me to the Squirreltopia box draft! 
  • edited October 2022
    @Shelko - @jpastor - @Corwinnn

In this draft you must each choose one that hasn't been picked yet.

Your Mystery Boxes contain:
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Legendary Wizard with exactly 2 different colors in it's mana value.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Instant that does 2 different things.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Artifact Creature with an evergreen keyword and a non- keyworded ability.
    Your Mystery Prizes are:
    • déjà vu (Your box becomes your previous box.)
    • Shady Deal (Swap a prize in your inventory for 2 random prizes.)
    • Teddy Bear (Gift a mystery box to another cardsmith.)
  • @Corwinnn So cool! Does it work in the order you listed our usernames in your message? If it does work that way, I think I'll start this draft by picking the second mystery box's challenge available:
    Should I also pick up a Prize or are those drafted after the first part of draft ended?

If I can draft one as well, I'd like to pick:
    • Teddy Bear (Gift a mystery box to another cardsmith.)
    Then @jpastor would be next to pick something?

Have fun! :)
  • @Shelko - It's a First come first served basis, but since I created them, I'll go last, and yes, you pick one from each category.
  • I'll do shady deal and the legendary wizard one.
  • That leaves me with Artifact creature and deja vu!
  • Could I get a box please?
  • edited October 2022

I too will require a box...
  • I will post the next draft list tomorrow!
  • edited October 2022
    Here's the card I've made for the following challenge:
    Chatterfangs Verdict

I'd gladly open another mystery box!

_ _ _

Inventory
    • Premium Prize 86 - All-in Bundle: You will get X non-premium prizes of choice, where X is the number of deadline points you receive this deadline. or 5 points = 1 premium of choice
    • Prize 30 - Pauper's Treasures: Solo/Duel/Moshpit/Modifier - Common rarity only [Activate any time.]
    • Mystery Prize: Kaiju Duel - You may challenge @jpastor to a Kaiju Duel instead of completing a mystery box. If you win, you get a sculpture from jpastor.
    • Mystery Prize: So You Think You Can Forge Duel - You may challenge @Ranshi to an Artificer Duel instead of completing a Mystery Box. If you win, you get a sculpture from Ranshi.
    • Teddy Bear: Gift a mystery box to another cardsmith.
  • edited October 2022
    For the rest of the draft, I will post extra options and prizes so you mystery boxers can get your own boxes, just don't monopolize them by doing two in a row. Please allow at least one other Cardsmith to draft a set of Mystery boxes before selecting another.

Your Mystery Box Contains:
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Sorcery with Spectacle.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Equipment card.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Rakdos Creature card.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed card that creates Squirrel tokens.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Squirrel Creature card with Flying.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed Land card.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed card with Flash and Split second.
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed card with three colors.
    Your Mystery Prizes are:
    • An Opaque Orb (choose a rarity for cards within a deadline)*
    • A White Pearl (will garner some favorites on white cards in your collection)
    • Glyph of Hileandr - Reroll: (Cash this in to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.)
    • Lyric Challenge (Solo, Duel, Moshpit - Song lyrics)
    • Double Cheeseburger (Submit 2 cards instead of one.)
    • Featured Card (Card of your choice for the monthly Mystery Box feature.)
    • No Prize
    • No Prize

@Shelko @12SidedGuy - you both get first draft picks, then anyone else may draft their Mystery Box

• If @Shelko and @12sidedGuy haven't drafted a box by tomorrow night (California time) I will open this up for anyone to draft
  • Ill choose Create a Squirreltopia themed Sorcery with Spectacle and the Featured Card mystery prize.

• For the mystery challenge box, I'd like to pick:
    And for the mystery prize:

• Lyric Challenge (Solo, Duel, Moshpit - Song lyrics)
  • Awesome! The Mystery Box - Squirreltopia Draft is open for business!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a nonlegendary hybrid color shaman for commander.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/revoker-of-forms

I'll take 
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed card that creates Squirrel tokens.
    and
    • Glyph of Hileandr - Reroll: (Cash this in to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.)
  • For the mystery challenge:
    Chattering Heights

I won't require another box right now, so that way it will let other cardsmith have fun creating some Squirreltopia themed cards! But once the draft is finished, I'd gladly open a new mystery box, please!
  • Stats updated!
  • Only 5 boxes remain!
  • @Corwinnn
    @jpastor
    Can I get a box from one of ye's?
  • edited October 2022
    @Ranshi we're in a draft at the moment; grab any combination of the remaining challenges & prizes you'd like from Corwinnn's Squirreltopia-themed post above.

Inventory
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
    • Prize 91 - Futuresight: The next batch will be duels/moshpits. (Activate when requesting.)
    • Premium Prize 96 - Blog Mention (Yup, a blurb in the monthly blog about you. Activate any time.)
    • Prize 50 - Copycat: You may submit a card for any mystery challenge on this page instead of a card for the mystery challenge in your box.
    • Prize 59 - Wits & Wagers: Create a moshpit of 3 cardsmiths other than yourself and bet as much of your inventory as you'd like on a winner. If they win, you double your bet prizes. You duel the winner. If they win the duel, you forfeit your earnings to them.
    • Prize 6 - The Gold Plate: This deadline's winning card will be featured. [Activate before a deadline finishes.]
    • Prize ?? – Kaiju Duel: You may challenge @jpastor to a Kaiju Duel instead of completing a mystery box. If you win, you get a sculpture from jpastor.
    • Prize ?? -- That's the Spirit Duel - You may challenge @Shelko to a Spirit Duel instead of completing a Mystery Box. If you win, you get a sculpture from Shelko.
    • Prize ?? -- Double Cheeseburger (Submit 2 cards instead of one.)
    <>
  • <----- What @cadstar369 said.
  • Squirreltopia as in using the set symbol, or as in making it a squirrel themed card?
  • edited October 2022
    @Ranshi - a Squirreltopia themed card. I didn't create it, but I assume it's something relating to squirrels plus the addition of the appropriate set symbol.

https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/226128/#Comment_226128
  • @Ranshi
    @Corwinnn
    Yes - Squirrel Themed!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Squirreltopia themed card that creates Squirrel tokens.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/burlhaven-protector

• Mystery Box Prize Update

Upon receiving a prize in your mystery box or elsewhere, you have until you post your next entry to activate, use, or gift that prize. You may also exchange your prize for a favorite on your entry instead.

• For those who have an inventory of prizes, please feel free to trade them for favorites at a 1 prize = 2 favorites ratio or use them/gift them before you submit your next entry.
  • Well, if no one else is going to draft another mystery box, I'll take:
    • Create a Squirreltopia themed card with three colors.
    and
    • Double Cheeseburger (Submit 2 cards instead of one.)
  • I guess it's time to cash in the old prizes before they go away:
    1. I'll trade in my Premium Prize 18 - A Broadcast Feature for a Prize 75 - Shady Deal and use it, giving up my Prize 26 - Listerine to get two new prizes.
    2. I'll trade my Premium Prize 34 - Jadefire's Jostle for another Prize 75 - Shady Deal and use it, giving up my Prize 97 - Temple Ruins to get another two prizes.
    3. I'll use my Prize 55 - Legacy Community to get a Sculpture and activate it for the winner of the last deadline 12SidedGuy
    4. I'll use my Prize 51 - Discord Art Gallery Challenge as a solo challenge.
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

This discussion has been closed.