The Idea Library

Comments

• @TheDarkKnight1234567
    There already is a card with that effect:

• @kaoz42

You misunderstood what I meant - I meant that players players play with their ENTIRE library revealed.
  • -A sliver that makes all spells slivers in addition to their other types.

-A card that says something along the lines of "Creatures you cast using their evoke ability aren't sacrificed when they enter the battlefield. Instead, those creatures gain haste. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step."
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 Can you imagine the games? "Before I take this action, let me double check your library one more time to make sure you're not able to flash in some crazy answer." or "Okay, last game you had 3 of these, but now I only see 2.  Either you side-boarded one out or one is in your hand. Hmm... which seems more likely."  It seems like the kind of card that would be banned just for slowing down games like Shahrazad and Sensei's Divining Top.
  • @kaoz42

I did this before I saw your idea, but it's a battle type called Duel.  Thought you'd be interested.

The Brothers War
  • Virustouch (Any amount damage dealt is enough to destroy creature, its controller creates a tapped black 2/2 Zombie creature token.)

Undead's Pressence (Whenever this creature blocks or is blocked by another creature, that creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)

Necromancer's Pact (Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may pay {b}. If you do, it gain "When this creature dies, create a tapped copy token of it expect for it's a black 2/2 Zombie." until it leaves the battlefield. This ability is triggered once a turn.)
  • Maybe like an izzet commander that interacts with copying & copied spells. I know it sounds a little similar to magecraft, but this would lean way more heavily on the copy aspect, and it would have to be just instants and sorceries.
  • Please note that I have changed the rules for this thread slightly, so feel free to reread them ?

• @TheDarkKnight1234567 - your ideas
    Omniscient Tome
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/omniscient-tome?list=user

Unified Hiveheart Sliver
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/unified-hiveheart-sliver?list=user

(Yes the intention of the card is to play a significant portion of your library for free, but technically it is limited to the number of Slivers you currently control and the mana value of the cards you're fetching for. Ultimately, the downside is depleting your library size. So make it count.)

Eternal Evokebinder
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/eternal-evokebinder?list=user

Riela Arcane Innovator
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/riela-arcane-innovator?list=user
  • edited November 2023

You may look at the bottom card of your library at any time.

You may play lands and cast spells from the bottom of your library.

• @TheDarkKnight1234567
    That's not uncard. That's blue's skill. I can seeing blue using that ability after scry, because its their legit ability.
  • Heres an interesting one, an enchantment (not necessary) called aleph null or something that says something along the lines of '* cant be greater than 0.'
  • Un card that allows ‘infinite loops’ to actually happen infinite times.
  • A card that makes emblems lose all abilities (something like this):

(this card is an example)
  • I'm a little disappointed that this discussion sees so little activity, and I was wondering if you guys had an idea of anything (literally anything) I could do differently that would make this forum more interesting.

• @TheDarkKnight1234567
    I don't know... But here's another idea:  Two of the same keyword abilities on a creature like Gitaxian Spellstalker, except they wouldn't stack like prowess, so you invent how they would stack. Example:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shackled-horde-warrior
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 ;
    How about new week new keyword. Like for example:
     one week you have to make a card that has rebound, and the next week it has to have 
    a new keyword like unearth, and so on.
  • @Floodkiller45

Although I do like that idea, I feel that just having keywords as promts might be a little too generic. Furthermore, I'm worried that if I started doing weekly challenges, it would basically be a copy of @Robo_Kitty's forum (YMTC). I will consider your suggestion though, and regardless, I really appreciate the input.
  • This one's inspired by @Jadefire's 'Zufina, the Rising Tempest.'

A creature or something that said "modal spells you control have 'you may choose the same mode more that once'"

It could be called Zulfina's disciple or something
  • This looks like a fun forum thread. I'll see about making an entry in the future!
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 It's an honour to have one of my cards be the inspiration for a prompt.  Here's what the card looks like, in case anyone wants to incorporate a similar aesthetic:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/zufina-the-rising-tempest

One thought about the prompt is that allowing a player to choose the same mode more than once is only relevant if you're allowed to make more than one choice.  As part of the new card, you'll likely want to include a mechanic that gives a player additional choices.
  • A legendary (<-- optional) Creature that interacts with conspiracies (‘The Conspirator?’)
  • Maybe something that makes one or more players skip their end phase, sort of like the reverse of sphinx of the second sun
  • edited February 14
    A creature or artifact allows controller to store combat phase for later and they may use it anytime even if it's not their turn. For example;

{2}{u},{t}: Skip  combat phase this turn, then put a charge counter on this [permanent]. Activate only during your turn.

{2}{r},{t}, remove a charge counter from this permanent: You have an additional combat phase this turn. (You can't attack during opponent's combat phase.)
  • This isn't exactly what this thread is for, but I had an idea for a card (sort of), but I might need help balancing/working out kinks. Here's the concept:

Doubt (that's its name)

Colorless elemental incarnation (it would be the colorless one for the MH2 evoke cycle)

Flash

Evoke - exile a colorless card from your hand

On ETB, end the phase.

I haven't quite fleshed out the rest yet, and I know I already have a card that does basically that, but I felt it would be better like this. I'm worried that's too OP for basically free, and I also wasn't sure about mana cost, P/T, and possible other keywords.

Thanks!
  • I had another idea for an un-card (it's a joke on Stunning Reversal from Battlebond):

Stunning Futility (Un-card)

Instant (Black)

You may say “In response…” ominously, and slowly read this card aloud rather than pay this spell’s mana cost.

The next time you would lose the game this turn, you still lose the game.

• Some really interesting ideas here, maybe I will make some cards from them in the future
  • @Lurisauri

I'd really appreciate that :). If you do, please post them in the forum, and tag the person whose idea you used.
  • @TheDarkKnight1234567 I found one of your first ideas really interesting with the spilt second mechanic so I made Time Freeze:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/time-freeze-10